PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT: SCOTT ALLAN

Pages : 1 [2]

tamig
28-07-2015, 11:00 PM
where would we stand if he refused to play?

He'd be in breach of contract and the club would be entitled to discipline him as they see fit.

madhatter
28-07-2015, 11:05 PM
He won't refuse to play. (Although, he might need a week or two to sort his head out).

2 things I've noticed about SA:

He seems to have genuine ambition.
He clearly loves playing football.

He'll be back in the side. Sitting out for 12 months would just be ridiculous.

He has made club, LD and AS look like mugs after stating on HibsTV that he had no intention of leaving and was happy to see out his remaining year at the club (only a week or so ago). I think the club will offer him down South for 400k. He hasnt dealt with this well - he should have done this at the end of last season if at all. He has without doubt damaged our hopes of promotion now due to the commotion caused at this stage and this once again shows selfishness and lack of care for a club that helped restore his career.

I will not abuse him but I also will not support him.

Galahibby
28-07-2015, 11:19 PM
Scott Allan is a wonderful player to watch and I'd without doubt the best footballer to play for Hibs for several years but even with him in the side we achieved nothing last season.
Hearts won the league by a country mile without Scott Allan, ICT won the Cup without him, Falkirk beat us 3 times without him and knocked us out the cup.
Even if this sad affair has been orchestrated by Rangers and their media henchmen the sooner this guy is away the better.

Not to mention we were winning against Sevco and playing alright without him on Saturday. I'm not suggesting it was all his fault it went to ****, but it showed we're not necessarily better for having Scott Allan in the team.

jacomo
28-07-2015, 11:37 PM
He has made club, LD and AS look like mugs after stating on HibsTV that he had no intention of leaving and was happy to see out his remaining year at the club (only a week or so ago). I think the club will offer him down South for 400k. He hasnt dealt with this well - he should have done this at the end of last season if at all. He has without doubt damaged our hopes of promotion now due to the commotion caused at this stage and this once again shows selfishness and lack of care for a club that helped restore his career.

I will not abuse him but I also will not support him.

He's made himself look foolish.

I think LD, AS and the club have handled themselves very well. This has been a big test for the new regime and if anything they have enhanced their reputations.

Sevco have questions to answer - same old bully tactics, but no longer working for them.

monktonharp
29-07-2015, 12:06 AM
where would we stand if he refused to play?I'm no expert but if you refuse to work for your employer, in fitba terms at least then you are liable to be deducted wages and can possibly be sidelined from the game for a number of years together with possible court charges through the law of the land? . do you think he could refuse to play, seriously?

jax67
29-07-2015, 04:54 AM
More...

(http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5590)

Well done Hibs!! Imo just what we needed to hear.

bingo70
29-07-2015, 05:01 AM
He won't refuse to play. (Although, he might need a week or two to sort his head out).

2 things I've noticed about SA:

He seems to have genuine ambition.
He clearly loves playing football.

He'll be back in the side. Sitting out for 12 months would just be ridiculous.

If he has genuine ambition why has he handed in a transfer request to join a championship club?

If he clearly loves playing football he's made a right arse of that so far, he's about 23 or 24 and played about 70 games, just had his first full season and he's put his short term career at risk.

Imo he's greedy and doesn't care about playing football.

Matty_Jack04
29-07-2015, 05:28 AM
If he has genuine ambition why has he handed in a transfer request to join a championship club?

If he clearly loves playing football he's made a right arse of that so far, he's about 23 or 24 and played about 70 games, just had his first full season and he's put his short term career at risk.

Imo he's greedy and doesn't care about playing football.

100%

Iain G
29-07-2015, 05:32 AM
100%

Our very own Raheem Stiring!

lucky
29-07-2015, 05:46 AM
He lives in the West his wife's just had a baby and he's probably been offered 4 times his salary to join the club he supports. So it's not difficult to see why he wants to move. But surely his agent and others in the game should have told him that no club sells their best player to their direct competitor unless theirs big big money involved. The derisory offers from Rangers was them chancing their hand and to weaken Hibs. SA is a good championship player but is no world beater. I can't see a way back for him at Hibs. Looks like another year of his career gone. Silly boy and stupid agent

Flanny boy
29-07-2015, 05:52 AM
Hope you're reading this Scott Allan
your behaviour is nothing short of disgraceful.
We as a club rescued your career , we gave you the platform to show you still had something to offer.
You in return have shown very little respect to Allan Stubbs and Hibernian fc you should hang your head in SHAME !!!
:agree::top marks:agree::top marks:agree::top marks

Peanut Shaz
29-07-2015, 05:59 AM
Do we not have an Employment Lawyer on our board of Directors, Amanda Jones? I'm sure she'll be giving all the right advice regar ding what we can and cannot do with SA and seeing out his contract.

JimBHibees
29-07-2015, 06:52 AM
It is a bit galling.

But I just don't ever think it is a valid excuse. Ever.

Scott Allan deserves to get it tight on twitter tonight but there is stuff about bullets, diseases and death that is way beyond what is acceptable and should be condemned without qualification.

You get a lot of grotesque stuff from the The Rangers fans. It's not even newsworthy any more.

Agree absolutely.

The Leith Dutch
29-07-2015, 07:03 AM
Doesn't matter what club they support, it's the tweets/comments that should be reported/deleted - if a comment is vile, it's vile - just click the 'report abuse' button :aok:

I'd actually disagree - the club they support is actually the only relevant point in the context of this forum.

If it's Hibs fans it's a talking point about problems we have with our own support and it's consequently a divisive issue.
If it's not Hibs fans it's a totally different issue where outside elements are attacking our club and it's a unifying issue.

The actual abuse of a (reasonably) well known person on Twitter is something that happens every day and, without condoning it, I'm comfortable it will acted on without anyone here needing to police it.

Unseen work
29-07-2015, 07:13 AM
Our very own Raheem Stiring!

Actually feel bad for sterling in some aspects of his move, he was offered a fortune to stay at liverpool so its unfair to say he moved for money, i genuinley think he just moved to win trophies and play in europe, cant fault a youngster wanting that. Especially with the decline of liverpool this past season and who they have signed.

The Leith Dutch
29-07-2015, 07:17 AM
I'm no expert but if you refuse to work for your employer, in fitba terms at least then you are liable to be deducted wages and can possibly be sidelined from the game for a number of years together with possible court charges through the law of the land? . do you think he could refuse to play, seriously?

I don't think he'll refuse to play - he was watching his football on telly a year ago and one decent season in the Scottish second tier will be quickly forgotten if he spends this year out the game.

I think he'll either be sold to another club - although between the fact other clubs know they can lowball us as we'll want to sell and that SA may refuse to go that seems less likely - or he'll have the choice of play well or sit in the stand.

If he's not a complete idiot he'll get on with playing although I'd imagine he's going to get some pretty tasty abuse from the terraces which may make that a non starter unless he has some serious mental strength.

I have precisely zero sympathy for SA but he's backed himself into a corner that doesn't have many good ways out.

bigwheel
29-07-2015, 07:18 AM
Actually feel bad for sterling in some aspects of his move, he was offered a fortune to stay at liverpool so its unfair to say he moved for money, i genuinley think he just moved to win trophies and play in europe, cant fault a youngster wanting that. Especially with the decline of liverpool this past season and who they have signed.

Thats not strictly true is it...Liverpool did not match his wage demands...at any time (despite offering him huge money)....City did...

Onion
29-07-2015, 07:31 AM
Clearly goes without saying that some of the abusive comments on Twitter are absolutely awful and there is no excuse for them.

The irony is that the press are simply publicising the crass comments and behaviour of a small number of small-minded people - just making the problem much bigger than is or needs to be.

Onion
29-07-2015, 07:46 AM
I don't think he'll refuse to play - he was watching his football on telly a year ago and one decent season in the Scottish second tier will be quickly forgotten if he spends this year out the game.

I think he'll either be sold to another club - although between the fact other clubs know they can lowball us as we'll want to sell and that SA may refuse to go that seems less likely - or he'll have the choice of play well or sit in the stand.

If he's not a complete idiot he'll get on with playing although I'd imagine he's going to get some pretty tasty abuse from the terraces which may make that a non starter unless he has some serious mental strength.

I have precisely zero sympathy for SA but he's backed himself into a corner that doesn't have many good ways out.

Not sure SA could have made life any more difficult for himself at ER than asking for a transfer to the Huns of all people at the start of a season where we're competing with them for promotion. And the fee on offer is derisory. IMO he has been niaive and badly advised. The first key question is how the other Hibs players react to the reluctant Mr Allan. If he is toxic presence in the dressing room, he'll not play for Hibs again. SAs transfer request puts all the power firmly in Hibs hands.

Waxy
29-07-2015, 07:59 AM
The irony is that the press are simply publicising the crass comments and behaviour of a small number of small-minded people - just making the problem much bigger than is or needs to be.Majority of people now see through the press and their motives.

Moulin Yarns
29-07-2015, 08:08 AM
A wee reminder, Scott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri1EZZWJCcE

Forza Fred
29-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Scott Allan will not be the first player to play for a club while a transfer request is in, and won't be the last.

Maybe because I am so far away I am somewhat bemused by all the angst surrounding Mr Allan's position.

I think he WILL play for Hibs again....he needs to to demonstrate to a Rangers or any other club that he has a degree of maturity and can still perform when under off field pressure.

If he tosses his dummy out the pram in any way, even Rangers may think twice about signing him....especially if they are already running away with the title in a few months time.

In summary, the club have sent a clear message and can't really do any more, and we should useMr Allan's talent right up until we part ways.

liamh2202
29-07-2015, 08:22 AM
Scott Allan will not be the first player to play for a club while a transfer request is in, and won't be the last.

Maybe because I am so far away I am somewhat bemused by all the angst surrounding Mr Allan's position.

I think he WILL play for Hibs again....he needs to to demonstrate to a Rangers or any other club that he has a degree of maturity and can still perform when under off field pressure.

If he tosses his dummy out the pram in any way, even Rangers may think twice about signing him....especially if they are already running away with the title in a few months time.

In summary, the club have sent a clear message and can't really do any more, and we should useMr Allan's talent right up until we part ways.

Correct sir

flash
29-07-2015, 08:25 AM
Spot on Fred. If he doesn't move on then of course we should play him. If he applies himself the fans will get over it and if he doesn't his career is as good as over.

JimBHibees
29-07-2015, 09:17 AM

Agree totally.

Vini1875
29-07-2015, 09:31 AM
I'm pissed off that he has pushed this to the point where the club have made this statement, however now that the club has been clear on our position it's back over to Scott. I am assuming that AS will be able to talk him out of his disappointment and get him playing for Hibs. SA must be made to understand that Hibs can't strengthen the opposition, we wouldn't sell him to St. Mirren or QOS either. This now is all about management and Scott Allan's maturity.

If he throws the toys out of the pram then the club will have no choice other than to not play him and his career will stall again. Everyone, fans, club and player have to move on from this and do what is in the interests of Hibernian.

Well done to the club for sticking to their guns, trust between the club and fans is important at the moment since the club has let us down before. Getting SA back playing for us will be a massive f*** you to the huns.

Septimus
29-07-2015, 10:51 AM
The most important outcome of all this nonsense is for Hibs to ensure that a year from now kicks off with SA playing for his beloved Rangers in the Championship.

Can he be replaced now? I would think so.

emerald green
29-07-2015, 12:02 PM
As far as Scott Allan playing for Hibs again is concerned, I believe the damage has already been done, and it won't happen.

Allan will also now be well aware of the vile stuff posted about him on social media ("social" media - that's a laugh) and the finger will be getting pointed at Hibs supporters, rightly or wrongly. His relationship with AS, his team mates, and the Hibs supporters is probably down the toilet right now. It's hard to see that ever being the same IMHO.

Nonetheless, he must not be allowed to go to Sevco this season under any circumstances.

basehibby
29-07-2015, 12:49 PM
I would rather he sits in the stand for the season than sell him to The Rangers

This - :top marks

patlowe
29-07-2015, 01:00 PM
If a player asks to leave then we can only assume he doesn't want to play for Hibs or be at the club? Why should he take the place of a player who genuinely wants to be there?

Like telling the wife you want to leave her and then pretending your madly in love with her for another 12 months? False situation that doesn't work.

Not wanting to have a go at you in particular or suggesting it's what you are doing but I was just thinking about how many times marriage and household issues are used as analogies designed to undermine or distract from complex situations or debates. Scottish independence like a 'divorce but wanting to keep all the good bits' or we need to pay off national debt as it's like 'a credit card bill' etc. These things strike a chord as people can relate on a personal level and I totally understand the usefulness of metaphor but they are not relevant or valid arguments when having a debate IMO.

Re the Allan question, he should take the place of another player if Stubbs believes his value to the team merits it IMO. Personally, despite my disgust at the way this has all panned out, I'm happy for Allan to play for the next year IF he says he will knuckle down and it improves our chances of going up.

Onion
29-07-2015, 02:06 PM

Easier said than done. Every time the Huns play us, their fans will cheer his every pass, every mistake, and sing their gloating songs just as they did last Sat. And the media will write all sorts about him, as a complete distraction which can only help the Huns and hurt Hibs. The Championship race makes this saga very different to most other transfers. The way to settle it short term is for the Huns to pay the £1 million valuation, or for Scott Allan to score a hat trick every time we play them.

NAE NOOKIE
29-07-2015, 04:04 PM
What a position .... Much as I would love to see the wee turd rot in the development squad there is no getting away from his quality as a player, so if he can get his head right we probably need to play him, but if we don't I wont be crying about it.

The best result we can possibly hope for is that another club comes in for him and he decides that being anywhere other than Hibs is his best option until he can engineer a move to his beloved Huns ...... I hope its sooner rather than later so we can free up the wage we are wasting on the little scrote and get someone decent in who actually wants to play for us, or at least wont be so bloody disrespectful, or so bloody ungrateful.

In my 40 years watching Hibs there has been a good few players we have signed I wish we hadn't because they turned out to be kack ..... I cant ever remember a player who has actually proved his quality in a Hibs shirt I wanted so badly to see the back of.

One thing is certain ....... There has been many players who have been given 'the treatment' by the ER crowd on their return to the ground with another Scottish club, including our very own Hibs supporting Ian Murray ...... If and when Scott Allan returns to ER in a The Rangers shirt everything handed out to those guys is gonna' look like a ticker tape parade for a returning hero by comparison.

Well done to everybody at Hibs for taking a stand ..... proud of you, proud of my club :aok:

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Hibs have already said they are not selling Allan to DerHun. If we now decide not to play him, as some suggest, it means we'll just have fallen into their trap.

Hibs can't allow themselves to be manipulated by Players, Agents, The Media or bullying Clubs. There needs to be an example set, to show just how Hibs will deal with any similar situations that arise in future.

If Allan is still with us come the end of this Transfer Window, he should be given the opportunity to show his professionalism by being picked for the team and by the Fans giving him a chance. Let's just wait and see how much effort he puts in if that happens, instead of pre-judging him.

147lothian
29-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Im not sure what the club could have done different in this situation, short of biting there nose, to spite there face by being spiteful and advertising to other young players who lost there way in England that this is not the best place to get your career back on track, not a good move, for me, so of course we should play Scott Allan.

Was it good for Scott to come here, err yes, was it also good for us to have had Scott Allan, yes of course player of the season last year, so I wish him all the best however the saga pans out and I just hope others like him, choose Hibernian as a good club to develop at

Andy74
29-07-2015, 04:48 PM
Im not sure what the club could have done different in this situation, short of biting there nose, to spite there face by being spiteful and advertising to other young players who lost there way in England that this is not the best place to get your career back on track, not a good move, for me, so of course we should play Scott Allan.

Was it good for Scott to come here, err yes, was it also good for us to have had Scott Allan, yes of course player of the season last year, so I wish him all the best however the saga pans out and I just hope others like him, choose Hibernian as a good club to develop at

That said he signed for two years and it is not reasonable to attempt to leave in this manner after just one.

He is acting like a player we have held on to for some time and denied him a step up after after he has consistently outperformed for us.

The fact he has not been able to be pretty civil and stick to what he had committed to until it was something both parties agreed we could allow him to look or until he was free to do so under the terms of his contact is what sticks out in this.

It is very low behaviour and I have no interest in seeing him in a Hibs jersey again.

greenginger
29-07-2015, 04:50 PM
The most important outcome of all this nonsense is for Hibs to ensure that a year from now kicks off with SA playing for his beloved Rangers in the Championship.

Can he be replaced now? I would think so.

Even more hilarious would be for the new Rangers also to suffer an insolvency event some time after he commits himself to a pre-contract.

Ends up playing in the bottom of the pyramid.

He could be in his testimonial year before he sees top league football. :greengrin

majorhibs
29-07-2015, 08:46 PM

Please get real! To go from meant to be ours looking for proton to the huns for a joke sum to try to deny us promotion? With a year left on contract? Who's denying who?