PDA

View Full Version : Fernando ricksen (NHC)

bill the hibby
27-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Seen a video of him today floating about on facebook thanking people for wishing him a happy birthday, unbelievably cruel and sad to see the man deteriorating every time I see him. Wasn't in my list of favourite footballers but an absolute sin to see such a once healthy and fit man the way he is.

GreenT
28-07-2015, 09:53 AM
MND is a truly wicked illness. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

Shaggy
28-07-2015, 10:13 AM
Yip, its tragic for anyone regardless,
football is kinda insignificant when this thing happens.

(Glad there is Hibs class on this forum)

Sir David Gray
28-07-2015, 11:20 AM
I remember watching the footage of him coming out onto the pitch at Ibrox for his benefit match and it was heartbreaking.

No-one deserves to get that kind of illness, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Mikey09
28-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Watched him on the park at Ibrox for his benefit game... Actually made me cry. Awful to see a young man suffering so much. I truly wish him all the best in his fight with MND.

Sylar
28-07-2015, 11:35 AM
The sign of a great player is one who is universally hated by all other supporters and Ricksen fitted that mould perfectly. He was a dirty, dirty ******* when he played for Rangers with his hard tackles and in-your-face style (often crossing the line at times) but in his role he was an excellent player.

It's incredibly saddening to see what he and his family are fighting against and his inevitable end is tragic for one so young, particularly with a young family.

John_the_angus_hibby
28-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Agree with all above. He was a dirty barsteward, but if he was a Hibs player he would have been loved because of the same reason. We would have just thought him uncompromising. It's a tragedy and I wish him and his family the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greencore
28-07-2015, 07:50 PM
God bless him. Anyone that fights an illness is a hero for me, not a footballer.

The Harp
28-07-2015, 10:58 PM
Can't help thinking it puts all the nonsense surrounding one player at ER who wants away into perspective.
Ricksen's situation is a real crisis and not one of his own making.
Every good wish to him and his family at this time.

bill the hibby
28-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Can't help thinking it puts all the nonsense surrounding one player at ER who wants away into perspective.
Ricksen's situation is a real crisis and not one of his own making.
Every good wish to him and his family at this time.

Agreed :agree: