PDA

View Full Version : Positioning at set plays (that 3v2)

Springbank
27-07-2015, 02:46 PM
It's easy to forget our b team midfield and forwards outplayed Rangers a team for 40mins on Sat (before the gifts were issued by gk and Defence)

If Sam Stanton had the confidence to hit with his right foot, 3-0 and cruising was on offer.

One big turning point though was the 3v2 breakaway counter attack from a rangers corner.

The thing I'd change is to have Cummings left and Malonga on right so the breakaway ends with one pass, one touch shot, goal

The move was textbook otherwise and Rangers will concede a lot on the counter attack on that evidence throughout this season.

But get the left footer on the left and right footer right to make it perfect

One for the training ground

Brooster
27-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Good point. Plus if I remember correctly the player on the right (Cummings) ran towards the player on the left rather than run straight or peel right to really open up some big gaps.

JimBHibees
27-07-2015, 03:00 PM
It's easy to forget our b team midfield and forwards outplayed Rangers a team for 40mins on Sat (before the gifts were issued by gk and Defence)

If Sam Stanton had the confidence to hit with his right foot, 3-0 and cruising was on offer.

One big turning point though was the 3v2 breakaway counter attack from a rangers corner.

The thing I'd change is to have Cummings left and Malonga on right so the breakaway ends with one pass, one touch shot, goal

The move was textbook otherwise and Rangers will concede a lot on the counter attack on that evidence throughout this season.

But get the left footer on the left and right footer right to make it perfect

One for the training ground

It was an incredible opportunity especially with Rangers going 2 v 2 at the back for a corner. Personally think Fyvie should have driven on with the ball rather than passing it however the strikers didnt really help especially Malonga going outisde.

JimBHibees
27-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Good point. Plus if I remember correctly the player on the right (Cummings) ran towards the player on the left rather than run straight or peel right to really open up some big gaps.

Your right think JC did though he may have expected Malonga to crossover to try and create space.

Brightside
27-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Your right think JC did though he may have expected Malonga to crossover to try and create space.

JC made the correct run expecting FF to break the line between the defenders, but FF played the pass out wide to Malonga instead.

GreenCastle
27-07-2015, 04:26 PM

In the 3v2 - Cummings I felt made the wrong run.

Should have stayed wider and stretched the play.

Coming in made it easier for the Sevco players to stay together and made less space to pass. The through ball Cummings wanted was going to have to be inch perfect and the Sevco defender was right behind him.

Fyvie should have driven at player furthur to commit before passing either to JC and Malonga.

Agree about the left and right side also though.

we are hibs
27-07-2015, 05:44 PM
The ball should have been played into Cummings. There was a clear gal between him and the Rangers defender and he may have even had time for a touch before shooting.