27-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Who's injured?
What's the injury?
How did it happen?
What's the estimated date of return?
Anyone?

easty
27-07-2015, 02:29 PM
A list of your favourite self-help books?

:greengrin

jacomo
27-07-2015, 02:31 PM
So many questions.

Iain G
27-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Who's injured?
What's the injury?
How did it happen?
Anyone?

Forster, sair leg, some wee hun barsteward, aboot four weeks...

Waxy
27-07-2015, 02:40 PM
And no making things up like
Mark Oxley
Butterfingers
Ate too much butter
12 years

hibees 7062
27-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Forster, sair leg, some wee hun barsteward, aboot four weeks...

:greengrin

27-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Who's injured?
What's the injury?
How did it happen?
Anyone?

How long have you got?! Our injury list feels about as long as hearts creditors list!

ano hibby
27-07-2015, 03:19 PM
It's a good Q:

I stand corrected on any of these...

Boyle - back in light training
Carmichael - not sure
Keating - back in training
Bartley - not injured but not match fit
Aligui - unsure

Handling - 6 months
Forster - 4 weeks
Malonga - unsure

Kojock
27-07-2015, 05:16 PM
Who's injured? Me

What's the injury? Two black eyes and a broken nose.

How did it happen? Was giving the wife a goodnight kiss and she crossed her legs.

What's the estimated date of return? To frightened to return, think my career might be over.

Ronniekirk
27-07-2015, 05:42 PM
It's a good Q:

I stand corrected on any of these...

Boyle - back in light training
Carmichael - not sure
Keating - back in training
Bartley - not injured but not match fit
Aligui - unsure

Handling - 6 months
Forster - 4 weeks
Malonga - unsure

Carmichael is back in training, Malonga not sure the club have confirmed what problem is and timescale on return, The big one is Farid as he was in for a tidy up op and yet there is nothing being reported about his on going recovery and timescale for potential return

ancient hibee
27-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Carmichael is back in training, Malonga not sure the club have confirmed what problem is and timescale on return, The big one is Farid as he was in for a tidy up op and yet there is nothing being reported about his on going recovery and timescale for potential return

Farid was never going to be properly fit for the end of last season.The "tidy up"op should have been done when he was in rehab from the achilles injury-a bad mistake I think.

Waxy
27-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Who's injured? Me

What's the injury? Two black eyes and a broken nose.

How did it happen? Was giving the wife a goodnight kiss and she crossed her legs.

What's the estimated date of return? To frightened to return, think my career might be over.Sympathies but if i tried the same with my missus i'd probably need facial reconstruction surgery.

Ronniekirk
27-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Farid was never going to be properly fit for the end of last season.The "tidy up"op should have been done when he was in rehab from the achilles injury-a bad mistake I think.

Thanks for that first person I have seen come out and say it was a bad mistake not getting the tidy op done when original injury was being seen to .it would be helpful in current circumstances if club posted an update on his progress .
We also shouldn't be in the position of playing Malonga if injured as we know that mentally he has to be 100 % and he was always going to take some hard tackles so chances of him going off in first half were probably high

since90plustwo
28-07-2015, 12:34 PM
Know Farids agent and he said hes back in training this week:agree:

JimBHibees
28-07-2015, 12:43 PM

Maybe the need to tidy up his knee didnt become clear until he started back from his achilles injury. Would be amazed if they knew about it and didnt do it when he was on such a long layoff.

JimBHibees
28-07-2015, 12:44 PM

Good news sounds like some of the injured players are coming back as think Stubbsy said Carmichael and Keatings were also due back.

Ronniekirk
28-07-2015, 12:46 PM

Does he know if that's him just started light training and will need to go through his own personalised pre season As it seems to me trying to get him match fit to soon by playing games is a risk and could lead to a further breakdown ,so we aren't going to see him until September if all goes to plan which wouldn't be too bad if all other strikers remain fit between now and then .

CMac1988
28-07-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm led to believe that Oxley is also carrying a back injury which maybe the reason for some of his questionable attempts at the weekend. Nothing too serious.

Thecat23
28-07-2015, 02:03 PM
I'm led to believe that Oxley is also carrying a back injury which maybe the reason for some of his questionable attempts at the weekend. Nothing too serious.

If true he should have told Stubbs before the game so we could give the other keeper a chance. Isn't that why we have a number two keeper? But if he has told Stubbs and Stubbs then left it up to him if he wants to play then it's poor management for me!

All in all I honestly think he just had an absolute shocker of a game injury or not.

J-C
28-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Pretty sure Scoopboy said something about a screw needing adjusted in his Achilles as it was rubbing and causing pain, or something like that.

J-C
28-07-2015, 02:10 PM
If true he should have told Stubbs before the game so we could give the other keeper a chance. Isn't that why we have a number two keeper? But if he has told Stubbs and Stubbs then left it up to him if he wants to play then it's poor management for me!

All in all I honestly think he just had an absolute shocker of a game injury or not.

He's had problem with his back before hasn't he?

Thecat23
28-07-2015, 02:23 PM

Yeah he had problems apparently last season with it!

Ronniekirk
28-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Pretty sure Scoopboy said something about a screw needing adjusted in his Achilles as it was rubbing and causing pain, or something like that.

That's why it would be helpful if the club came out with an update as there appears to be conflicting info going about and they seem to have been up front about other players ie we know Boyle won't be in first team for a while yet given his recovery period

J-C
28-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Yeah he had problems apparently last season with it!

Great another injury prone player on our books :confused:

iwasthere1972
28-07-2015, 02:37 PM

Well if he managed to save some shots he wouldn't be bending over so much picking the ball out the net.

Just saying what a lot of folk are thinking.

CMac1988
28-07-2015, 02:53 PM

Whilst third hand the news comes from one of the examiner/fitness coaches at the University which would suggest to me that the club staff are aware of it still being a problem. We have a number of players who have balance/strength issues due to them protecting and nursing injuries that either haven't fully healed, or have healed, but the players themselves have picked up bad habits which affects their overall performance.

A lot of what is being done appears to be positive but it seems that a consequence of improving individual players issues is that the general fitness of players is a little further back than hoped.

allezsauzee
28-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Well if he managed to save some shots he wouldn't be bending over so much picking the ball out the net.

Just saying what a lot of folk are thinking.

we might be a couple of players short but it's good to see we have the 'scapegoat' position sorted out for the new season now that Liam Craig has left.

Ronniekirk
28-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Whilst third hand the news comes from one of the examiner/fitness coaches at the University which would suggest to me that the club staff are aware of it still being a problem. We have a number of players who have balance/strength issues due to them protecting and nursing injuries that either haven't fully healed, or have healed, but the players themselves have picked up bad habits which affects their overall performance.

A lot of what is being done appears to be positive but it seems that a consequence of improving individual players issues is that the general fitness of players is a little further back than hoped.

So going forward with players individual issues resolved ,there is no reason thier overall fitness won't improve ,except if like Malonga he is played while injured ,picks up another or aggravates same injury ,and then that impacts on training Foster out for 4 weeks will then be behind and just now the list is a big one meaning we aren't going to have a full fit first team on the park for a while yet

Radium
28-07-2015, 03:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCKGzDdES6A

Boyle, Carmichael & Keatings in training - sounds like Boyle is the only one likely to be included on Saturday

Sir David Gray
28-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Really hope most of the players are back soon as we don't have a strong enough squad to be able to cope with seven or eight first team players being out at the same time.

Ronniekirk
28-07-2015, 04:19 PM

Boyle, Carmichael & Keatings in training - sounds like Boyle is the only one likely to be included on Saturday

Think a key word got lost in Translation It's Mavin he said mot Martin .So Its Bartley that could feature against Montroseb:wink:

MSK
28-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Think a key word got lost in Translation It's Mavin he said mot Martin .So Its Bartley that could feature against Montroseb:wink:Think a few of your keywords got lost in translation too 😃

Radium
28-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Think a key word got lost in Translation It's Mavin he said mot Martin .So Its Bartley that could feature against Montroseb:wink:

Makes more sense given the 16 week recovery that Boyle quoted.
[listened again and am still hearing Martin - might go to specsavers ]

GreenCastle
28-07-2015, 04:32 PM

I listened to that several times and he definitely says Martin :greengrin

Though Marvin is the one I would expect to see sooner :agree:

Wonder what formation we will be forced to play Saturday?

Ronniekirk
28-07-2015, 04:37 PM
I listened to that several times and he definitely says Martin :greengrin

Though Marvin is the one I would expect to see sooner :agree:

Wonder what formation we will be forced to play Saturday?

I must have heard what I expected to hear ,but logic says it has to be Bartley ,and he didn't say he would defo play just that if everything went to plan in training he was the nearest to playing but the other two are getting there

Billy Whizz
28-07-2015, 04:39 PM
I must have heard what I expected to hear ,but logic says it has to be Bartley ,and he didn't say he would defo play just that if everything went to plan in training he was the nearest to playing but the other two are getting there

He did say Martin, but he won't be fit until September, must be Bartley