PDA

View Full Version : Question Question for Admins, about DotNet 'infractions'

Keith_M
27-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Could an Admin help me out?

I was given a DotNet 'infraction' during last summer's era of discontent (for asking somebody why they were 'behaving like a d1ck' :embarrass ).

I've been a good boy since then (mostly ;) ) and haven't been given any subsequent warnings, so I wondered if this is permanent or are they ever removed.

Cheers :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Yellow caids are surely rescinded at the end of the season?

Keith_M
27-07-2015, 01:22 PM
Yellow cards are surely rescinded at the end of the season?

The season finished weeks ago.

:greengrin

Jay
27-07-2015, 01:22 PM
Permanent but can only be seen by yourself and the admin team

Keith_M
27-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Permanent but can only be seen by yourself and the admin team

So I've just outed myself to everybody then :greengrin

Anyway, cheers for the info :aok:

Jay
27-07-2015, 01:26 PM
So I've just outed myself to everybody then :greengrin

Anyway, cheers for the info :aok:

Yep :) you actually only got a warning, you don't have any points as such so it doesn't even count as a yellow card, just a talking to ;p

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Yep :) you actually only got a warning, you don't have any points as such so it doesn't even count as a yellow card, just a talking to ;p

Sensible refereeing, Mrs S. How does the points system work?

Keith_M
27-07-2015, 01:33 PM

Oh, I see. I'm not really up to date with the intricacies of it all and, tbh, I'm not very bright

One more thing; this might sound like an attempt to sook up to you guys but, despite some of my moaning that might suggest otherwise, I honestly do appreciate all the hard work you all put in.

:thumbsup:

Jay
27-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Sensible refereeing, Mrs S. How does the points system work?

Tbh we try really hard not to use it at all, mostly give friendly warnings. Short on that yer oot on yer erse :)

Ozyhibby
27-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Does that mean that everybody who has called me a dick has been issued with yellow cards?
Awesome. [emoji3] Admins must have been busy.

Benny Brazil
27-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Does that mean that everybody who has called me a dick has been issued with yellow cards?

Yeah bur anyone who has called you a prwick has a clean bill of health :greengrin

Chibs
27-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Could an Admin help me out?

I was given a DotNet 'infraction' during last summer's era of discontent (for asking somebody why they were 'behaving like a d1ck' :embarrass ).

I've been a good boy since then (mostly ;) ) and haven't been given any subsequent warnings, so I wondered if this is permanent or are they ever removed.

Cheers :aok:

I've had two so I think that makes me harder than you.:na na:

Lago
27-07-2015, 03:39 PM
Sounds a bit like an asbo, which sometimes is likened to a badge of honour:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
27-07-2015, 03:45 PM
It took me nearly 8 years to get one, which gives you an idea of the level of provocation :greengrin

Keith_M
27-07-2015, 03:53 PM
I've had two so I think that makes me harder than you.:na na:

:take that

Weststandwanab
27-07-2015, 04:33 PM
:take that

This thread sounds like a welcome distraction from everything Scott Allan and his entourage! Forgive me I have had a couple of glasses of a lovely claret but how can you play by the rules if we do not know what the rules are ? Maybe that is a yellow card offence for even asking !

CropleyWasGod
27-07-2015, 04:34 PM
This thread sounds like a welcome distraction from everything Scott Allan and his entourage! Forgive me I have had a couple of glasses of a lovely claret but how can you play by the rules if we do not know what the rules are ? Maybe that is a yellow card offence for even asking !

http://www.hibs.net/misc.php?do=vsarules

.Sean.
27-07-2015, 04:34 PM
I've had loads. Think they're a life sentence I'm afraid :greengrin

Jay
27-07-2015, 05:17 PM

You should know what the rules are as you had to agree to them when you signed up. In reality it's just common decency and courtesy that we request ..... And Xmas presents for the admins :p

johnbc70
27-07-2015, 05:38 PM
I have one from 2006 when I left my PC at work unattended and a yam went on and started abusing everyone. It's still on my record!

Danderhall Hibs
27-07-2015, 05:38 PM
You should know what the rules are as you had to agree to them when you signed up. In reality it's just common decency and courtesy that we request ..... And Xmas presents for the admins :p

Oh aye the t&cs that everybody reads. Takes me hours to update my itunes as well :wink:

jonty
27-07-2015, 05:47 PM

Admin team have banned themselves several times over. :agree:

Jay
27-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Oh aye the t&cs that everybody reads. Takes me hours to update my itunes as well :wink:

Well do you want me to read them to you personally? :p
Not sure what else we can do but ask you to read them. We quite often reiterate rules which are regularly ignored like trolling and personal abuse not being tolerated but apart from that it's kinda up to you.