PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Miller

Mango Man
27-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Has there been an ex player in recent times that has scored as many as he has against us?

So frustrating.

bill the hibby
27-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Agreed...makes even worse that the guys an absolute judas ****head

spike220
27-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Agreed...makes even worse that the guys an absolute judas ****head

Those are the last goals he will score against us. We must have really been off our game if he grabbed a couple. Every dog has his day. His are all in the past now. Cheerio Kenny see you in the pundit box soon!

Eyrie
27-07-2015, 12:00 PM
I've heard rumours that Miller was out with Hibs supporters at the weekend. Based on the Allan picture that is clear evidence that he's trying to engineer a move to a bigger club with 136 years more history than his current employers.

Mango Man
27-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Those are the last goals he will score against us. We must have really been off our game if he grabbed a couple. Every dog has his day. His are all in the past now. Cheerio Kenny see you in the pundit box soon!

That dog has had a lot of good days against us, I still think he will get at least another 2 this season.

erin go bragh
27-07-2015, 12:13 PM
That scrunt Hartley scored a few . Paul Wright was another .

GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Aye, Kenneth has come back to haunt us a good few times, which makes me really dislike him.

Mango Man
27-07-2015, 12:18 PM
I'm sure Stokes had a good goals to games ratio as well.

bill the hibby
27-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Stevie Crawford loved coming back to score against us as did Craig Brewster

bigwheel
27-07-2015, 12:40 PM
let's be honest...you can almost bet your mortgage an ex player will notch against us....

Mango Man
27-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Aaaah, right enough, Crawford got loads against us.

Mango Man
27-07-2015, 12:45 PM
let's be honest...you can almost bet your mortgage an ex player will notch against us....

Aye, the worst one was just a couple of seasons ago, Hibs hero Ivan Sproule going to Ross County and scoring the Winning goal in the next game.

That's what being a Hibs fan is all about.

givescotlandfreedom
27-07-2015, 12:51 PM
John Rankin scored against us with a deflection he knew nothing about and celebrated like he'd won the world cup.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-07-2015, 12:55 PM

He still seems perfecly capable of putting the ball in the net as far as I can see.

iwasthere1972
27-07-2015, 12:59 PM
He obviously has an eye for goal unlike some of our strikers who really should be making more of the chances that they have. Killer instinct we lack.

stubru59
27-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Has there been an ex player in recent times that has scored as many as he has against us?

So frustrating.

KM's chances to conversion ratio isn't the best. But we've been a great help in making his seasons average look good.

Shrekko
27-07-2015, 01:11 PM
He obviously has an eye for goal unlike some of our strikers who really should be making more of the chances that they have. Killer instinct we lack.

I think you need to check the stats from the whole of last season and comnpare Kenny's record against that of our main strikers. Seems ours actually had more of a killer instinct than he did. He's a good player but hardly a ruthless finisher, especially nowadays, despite his knack of scoring against us.

ginger_rice
27-07-2015, 01:14 PM
Remember Jimmy O'Rourke scoring in the first minute of his first game for St Johnston at Easter Rd

Waxy
27-07-2015, 01:14 PM
I dread the next match against Celtic.

S4uzee
27-07-2015, 01:23 PM
:agree: also when a player is looking for their first goal for a club or a striker is without a goal in 20 odd games

andrew70
27-07-2015, 01:28 PM
I dread the next match against Celtic.

Providing it's in the league I'll just be happy we are playing them again...

...I don't care if Scott Allan scores against us or not. :rolleyes::greengrin:wink:

Mango Man
27-07-2015, 01:28 PM
:agree: also when a player is looking for their first goal for a club or a striker is without a goal in 20 odd games

Yup, and also a player that we have previously slagged off for some reason or another, e.g Jason Scotland, Nade, Waghorn etc.

Lago
27-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Remember Jimmy O'Rourke scoring in the first minute of his first game for St Johnston at Easter Rd
Yip remember it well, big cheer and applause from the hibs support followed by a deathly hush a minute after kick off.

Kato
27-07-2015, 06:57 PM
He's got a weirdly plastic pan, as have many stickies.

GreenArmy1875
27-07-2015, 07:11 PM
You can always bet any player that is boo'd by us or a song slagging him off will always score against us as they are desperate to score and put one over on us. Nade, Scotland, Walker, Huns right back just to name a few instantly seem to shut us up.

Maybe we should be nicer 😁

emerald green
27-07-2015, 07:51 PM
The two Miller got on Saturday were practically handed to him on a plate. That's what made it all the harder to stomach. I think even I could have put the first one away, no problem.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-07-2015, 07:53 PM
He ****ing seems to love celebrating them as well [emoji57]

Holmesdale Hibs
27-07-2015, 08:00 PM

Yep, and his strike partner Craig Brewster. I remember the latter scored a screamer at the FF end when he was close to 40.

heretoday
27-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Actually, it could have been worse.

Normally Miller only scores once chance out of five.

BIGK
27-07-2015, 08:12 PM

Won a few quid more than once with Crawford first scorer against us. Also remember being at Easter Road and Brewster getting a standing ovation from the Hibs support while playing for Aberdeen I think it was. Don't Know about other Hibs fans but I clapped him off because he played a total Mixu that day.

bill the hibby
27-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Won a few quid more than once with Crawford first scorer against us. Also remember being at Easter Road and Brewster getting a standing ovation from the Hibs support while playing for Aberdeen I think it was. Don't Know about other Hibs fans but I clapped him off because he played a total Mixu that day.

Hated playing against Crawford, not an ex-hibbie but add mark burchill to the list whilst at the pars, always seemed to score against us!!

BIGK
27-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Hated playing against Crawford, not an ex-hibbie but add mark burchill to the list whilst at the pars, always seemed to score against us!!

Got a total opposite ex Celtic player one for you. Andy Walker, scored a few against us then we signed him ( one of my worst days as a Hibee,he was and is a total bell end ). Don't know the stats but can't remember a goal from him after that.

Lucius Apuleius
27-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Yip remember it well, big cheer and applause from the hibs support followed by a deathly hush a minute after kick off.

Did we not score about nine that day?

JimBHibees
27-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Got a total opposite ex Celtic player one for you. Andy Walker, scored a few against us then we signed him ( one of my worst days as a Hibee,he was and is a total bell end ). Don't know the stats but can't remember a goal from him after that.

Scored one at Tynecastle in 2 2 draw.

JimBHibees
27-07-2015, 09:40 PM
Did we not score about nine that day?

Lost 0 1.

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Scored one at Tynecastle in 2 2 draw.

Kept Duffy in a job longer.....

Stevie Reid
27-07-2015, 10:00 PM

Andy Walker scored two on his debut v Aberdeen (the first one being after two minutes) and was denied a hat trick when he hit the post in the last minute (after a scuffed effort from Kenny Miller fell to him).

California-Hibs
28-07-2015, 03:59 AM
He's still to the present day a very good player, I don't care what anyone says. During the time a few seasons back where he was linked and apparently close to signing for us I was keeping everything crossed that he would. He get's some right stupid abuse from people on here, and what does he do in return? Sticks the ball in the back of the net against us.

At 35 he's still scoring, and I predict he'll have a good season this year. Yes, I like others wished he'd tone the celebrations down against us a bit, but the boy loves his football and doesn't have a bad word to say against Hibs.

I have some great memories of my younger years and Miller pops into a few of them. Game against Rangers at Easter Road that ended 2-2 in 1999 with Miller grabbing two cracking goals. That night was some game!

JimBHibees
28-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Kept Duffy in a job longer.....

Yep that one didnt work out so well. :greengrin