PDA

View Full Version : Announcer

Diclonius
26-07-2015, 10:14 PM
Is that the first time ever that we have announced over the tannoy who has scored for the opposition?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Is that the first time ever that we have announced over the tannoy who has scored for the opposition?

Don't think so, no.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Let's stop doing it. It's a bit ****y

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Let's stop doing it. It's a bit ****y

Let's just stop the opposition scoring then we won't have to listen to it;-)

Albanian Hibs
27-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Also reading out the attendance halfway through the second half when we all know it's crap really does my head in too.

Gettin' Auld
27-07-2015, 08:27 AM
The announcer doesn't bother me at all, but that may be down to the fact that i can barely make out a word he says.

GreenCastle
27-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Also reading out the attendance halfway through the second half when we all know it's crap really does my head in too.

Agreed - they need to sort out the speaker system also in the East - terrible sound.

While we are moaning...

The food is still terrible and over priced - thought this was getting sorted for this season ?!!

Plus..seagulls....plenty of seagulls !!

NAE NOOKIE
27-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Not sure if we have announced away scorers before .... but the poor bugger must have had a sore throat by the end on Saturday :greengrin

I wonder what we can do about the Seagulls ...... I was in the FF upper and I swear there was a point in the second half where I couldn't see the game for them and I'm not even joking.

Weststandwanab
27-07-2015, 09:29 AM
The announcer doesn't bother me at all, but that may be down to the fact that i can barely make out a word he says.

That will be due the lack of quality of the loudspeaker system.

Not sure if we have announced away scorers before .... but the poor bugger must have had a sore throat by the end on Saturday :greengrin

I wonder what we can do about the Seagulls ...... I was in the FF upper and I swear there was a point in the second half where I couldn't see the game for them and I'm not even joking.

Copy what Aberdeen are doing ?

The Gorf
27-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Maybe I am off kilter here but I was at Tynie yesterday (in the Everton end I may add) and the
f-d Scott Wilson is still their announcer and just before the start he welcomed Everton to tynecastle the home of Edinburghs "Big CLub". It sounded a bit crass IMO. Also he announced the sh---y attendance of 10,000 odd including 1202 Everton fans. Less two as my son and I were there. Although Everton is his English team.

Keith_M
27-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Copy what Aberdeen are dong ?

Aberdeen FC take steps to tackle Seagull problem (http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/aberdeen-fc-take-steps-to-tackle-seagull-problem-1-3840409)

StevieC
27-07-2015, 10:00 AM
Aberdeen FC take steps to tackle Seagull problem (http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/aberdeen-fc-take-steps-to-tackle-seagull-problem-1-3840409)

“Issuing a statement saying that seagulls are a problem (I agree with completely by the way) yet one of our own mascots is a giant seagull. Mixed messages.”

Just before the game starts shoot the mascot, that'll send a message to the errant gulls.

Weststandwanab
27-07-2015, 10:22 AM
“Issuing a statement saying that seagulls are a problem (I agree with completely by the way) yet one of our own mascots is a giant seagull. Mixed messages.”

Just before the game starts shoot the mascot, that'll send a message to the errant gulls.

Brilliant.

Was there any improvement in the "catering" on Saturday ?

As there were a large number of birds there I would think not.

Lago
27-07-2015, 11:07 AM
Let's just stop the opposition scoring then we won't have to listen to it;-)
:thumbsup:

Keith_M
27-07-2015, 11:12 AM
I'd happily spend a couple of hours before the game with a 12 gauge shotgun, shooting the wee buggars.

There's no guarantees the Stadium will escape undamaged, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Albanian Hibs
27-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Brilliant.

Was there any improvement in the "catering" on Saturday ?

As there were a large number of birds there I would think not.

Catering still poor. Waited 15 mins to be served and asked for a pizza and steak pie. The guy , who looked like he had just been released from jail, said there were no pizzas left. I asked him to look along the other sections to see if there were any. He walked another 6 ft and turned back and said there were none. I ordered 2 steak pies instead. On my way past I noticed there were plenty of pizzas in the next section. Guy obviously couldnt be arsed.

IrnBru22
27-07-2015, 11:18 AM

Did anyone else see a seagulls sh*t land very close to kenny miller's head near the halfway line?

givescotlandfreedom
27-07-2015, 01:11 PM
Maybe I am off kilter here but I was at Tynie yesterday (in the Everton end I may add) and the
f-d Scott Wilson is still their announcer and just before the start he welcomed Everton to tynecastle the home of Edinburghs "Big CLub". It sounded a bit crass IMO. Also he announced the sh---y attendance of 10,000 odd including 1202 Everton fans. Less two as my son and I were there. Although Everton is his English team.

Very strange club. Playing against decent quality English Premiership opposition and all he can think about is Hibs. Almost as sad as playing for your country in the world cup and trying to wind up Hibs fans - especially when you're from the other side of the planet.

sauzeelegod
27-07-2015, 01:42 PM

I was in the Everton end as well mate and heard wilson say that too. Cringey! Also how bad was the atmosphere? Everton never sang one song. Was bored rigid.

The Gorf
27-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Atmosphere was worse than poor in the Everton end.There was a jambo sitting behind us. Maybe he's even got fed up already with his mutant pals.

27-07-2015, 02:40 PM

Scott Wilson epitamises everything it means to be a yam - smug, arrogant, unfunny and obsessed with being "the big team" as well as obsessed with digging at hibs every time he opens his mouth. An absolute welt of the highest order. Their "oh but but we are the big team" pish is cringeworthy as ****.

27-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Very strange club. Playing against decent quality English Premiership opposition and all he can think about is Hibs. Almost as sad as playing for your country in the world cup and trying to wind up Hibs fans - especially when you're from the other side of the planet.

Hearts have a very strange obsession with hibs. Everything they ever do has to involve having a dig at hibs or getting one over on hibs in some way. For a club that once claimed to be "too big to care about such a wee team like us" they certainly give us plenty attention! Weird.

JimBHibees
27-07-2015, 02:46 PM

And the Everton players and fans would have looked around at the PBS and thought really. :greengrin

27-07-2015, 02:48 PM
And the Everton players and fans would have looked around at the PBS and thought really. :greengrin

Exactly, talk about embarrassing yourselves!

happiehibbie
27-07-2015, 03:43 PM
Scott is still the best announcer Tho !
He knows it winds us up that's why he does it.

He is given a free hand to add the Match day experience us hibs fans don't seem to understand this !

we have a rubbish system and to many control freaks FFS we got rid of the guy for winding them up with the tax man Hearts seem to understand banter better than us

Gettin' Auld
27-07-2015, 06:25 PM

I wonder what they made of the 'away dressing room' too? It's like something from the 1800's. :)

Eyrie
27-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Hearts have a very strange obsession with hibs. Everything they ever do has to involve having a dig at hibs or getting one over on hibs in some way. For a club that once claimed to be "too big to care about such a wee team like us" they certainly give us plenty attention! Weird.

The one thing that both Edinburgh clubs have in common is an obsession with Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2015, 07:03 PM
I only wish our club would let the announcer rip the pish too.

emerald green
27-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Scott is still the best announcer Tho !

He's a total welt.