PDA

View Full Version : New Idea

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Have a new idea???

Season just starting and we are hit by an awful injury list already.

Think we will bring in more new faces this week....Wait until we are able to field our strongest 11....

Here's the idea, some may like it, some may not. Why don't we try talking OUR Club up, be positive, be supportive, as opposed to finding every little thing to beat them with.....??

Let's leave the negativity until we see where we are at the end of first round of fixtures, you never know, some may actually enjoy this "Supporting" lark?

In Dempster and Stubbs I trust...... Hibernian FC, always and forever:flag::flag:

matty_f
26-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Have a new idea???

Think we will bring in more new faces this week....Wait until we are able to field our strongest 11....

Here's the idea, some may like it, some may not. Why don't we try talking OUR Club up, be positive, be supportive, as opposed to finding every little thing to beat them with.....??

Let's leave the negativity until we see where we are at the end of first round of fixtures, you never know, some may actually enjoy this "Supporting" lark?

In Dempster and Stubbs I trust...... Hibernian FC, always and forever:flag::flag:

:top marks Let's not forget that we are the greatest football club on the planet. :gwa:

Franck Stanton
26-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Have a new idea???

Aye, but sometimes they dinnae half make it hard.:greengrin

brog
26-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Have a new idea???

Good man! We've been through much tougher times than these, a year ago for example!

HoboHarry
26-07-2015, 04:10 PM
Have a new idea???

Hell yes, I'm all for that. The constant whining and moaning is just unbearable at times. Oh wait, it's expressing an opinion I"m told. Hope everyone goes for this, I for one will not be posting anything negative about Hibs.....

26-07-2015, 04:15 PM
I agree. Never nice getting beat to that mob but I think some perspective is needed - it was a game in a competition that nobody actually cares about with a team with so many players out injured. No disrespect but the petrofac cup is no more than a pre-season friendly friendly, being out of it is probably a good thing as we don't need extra games in such an important season.

Lets not jump on the clubs back because of one bad game in a meaningless match with less than half the team properly fit.

marinello59
26-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Have a new idea???

I love this post.
We are Hibernian FC. :hibees:

Borderhibbie76
26-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Hear hear...a bit welcome perspective on here at last. We were severely weakened yesterday against a full strength derhun....i dont see any need for some of the mass hysteria on here especially as more signings are en route as Stubbs assures us.

H18sry
26-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Have a new idea???

You back on the bevvy?
:greengrin

Agree with all you say :flag::flag:

Chuck Rhoades
26-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Here, here. The season hasn't started yet.

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
26-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Hear hear.

There's plenty room for discussion, debate and criticism on here. I'll give it out where it's warranted as much as anyone and yesterday was a tough one to take.

Not going to pretend I think all is rosy in the garden but I'll be backing the team week in week out as usual in the coming months.

O'Rourke3
26-07-2015, 05:11 PM
I'll never catch on...... :greengrin

The Harp
26-07-2015, 05:12 PM
I like your thinking BF. Good on you.:aok: We're not even out of the starting blocks for the season proper yet and already some folk are writing off our chances. I've got faith in Alan Stubbs and his back room team - its the best set up we've had behind the scenes in the time I've been supporting the Club (just my opinion of course). If we're going to have a bad day along the way I'd rather it happened outwith the league campaign - hopefully, yesterday is as bad as it'll get.
Let's just let AS & co. get on with doing what they were brought in to do ... get us back into the top tier of Scottish football - but a little encouragement along the way wouldn't go amiss.

IanM
26-07-2015, 05:35 PM
If you were in The Office for a bevy after the game last night you'll have witnessed hours and hours of singing. Was still going strong when I stumbled home at 9.

Everyone was a bit annoyed at the result but we all agreed we're a few players away from being what I think will be a decent Hibs side. A lot of injuries but we'll get there

Id honestly hate to see how sore my head would be every Sunday if we won every week!

Boris
26-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Have a new idea???

Maybe get a t-shirt with the slogan "FRANKIE SAYS RELAX"....................... Could catch on.

HibbyAndy
26-07-2015, 05:58 PM
We are hibernian fc..:gwa::gwa::gwa:

If that result was anything to go by yesterday it just makes me love MY club even more

Hibs till i die!!

jacomo
26-07-2015, 05:58 PM
I love this post.
We are Hibernian FC. :hibees:

:agree:

Quit panicking people.

Kojock
26-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Have a new idea???

Losing six goals at home was hard to take especially against that lot, however I think it will work out in our favour.

If we had won comfortably the Hun hoards would have been going mental and the Lying King would have been forced to bring in more new players to strengthen their squad. That was their full team out there yesterday. The mutants now think they are they real deal and have won the league already.

We on the other hand will not field a weaker team this season. We had 5/6 players unavailable for one reason or another, all who will be first team regulars. If as AS said in his interview that no one is leaving and we are looking to sign another two players then the Bears are in for a big surprise. GGTTH

Billy Whizz
26-07-2015, 05:59 PM
I've got my Hibs v Montrose tickets, hope everyone else plans going

Pretty Boy
26-07-2015, 06:02 PM

Of course.

What other options are there in a city like Edinburgh in August?

Jonnyboy
26-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Maybe get a t-shirt with the slogan "FRANKIE SAYS RELAX"....................... Could catch on.

:faf: :top marks

KWJ
26-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Crest on the front is always bigger than the name on the back.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Of course.

What other options are there in a city like Edinburgh in August?

Thought this was to be a positive kind of thread?
Maybe we should be selling them to tourists as well

Pretty Boy
26-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Thought this was to be a positive kind of thread?
Maybe we should be selling them to tourists as well

It was meant as a joke (obviously a bad one). I'll be at ER next week.

And maybe getting a few festival types along would be a good idea. Market it as genuine Scottish cultural day out.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2015, 06:44 PM
It was meant as a joke (obviously a bad one). I'll be at ER next week.

And maybe getting a few festival types along would be a good idea. Market it as genuine Scottish cultural day out.

I'll let you off, like your idea though!

greenlex
26-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Yup

iwasthere1972
26-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Have a new idea???

I like it. Maybe there should be training days to get some folk up to speed of how it's done. It could just work.

We'll support you evermore.

:gwa: :gwa:

ancient hibee
26-07-2015, 06:54 PM
My take on yesterday -we could have (should have?) had 4 goals by half time -the Malonga scoop,the 3 on 2 and the goalie foul up.In addition Cummings in the first five minutes blocked and a Gray chance at the far post.In addition a free header off target.It was the first game of the season-they will not improve the team particularly-we will.The one big mistake was not keeping up the tempo after we scored-they were rocking at the time but we stood off and allowed them to play-suspect that will not happen again.

Eyrie
26-07-2015, 07:04 PM

Bought this morning. And it was yesterday's result that swayed the decision to go.

HoboHarry
26-07-2015, 07:21 PM
"Franckie says relax" - fixed that for you :greengrin

SuperAllyMcleod
26-07-2015, 09:18 PM
I'll never catch on...... :greengrin

Give yourself a break, you might catch on eventually.
:greengrin

Boris
26-07-2015, 10:08 PM
"Franckie says relax" - fixed that for you :greengrin

Didni need fixing chief - it was a reference to the fans rep director who sometimes has to reel Baldy Foghorn in..........................:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Didni need fixing chief - it was a reference to the fans rep director who sometimes has to reel Baldy Foghorn in..........................:wink:

Big Rod (not the Director, the angling variety):agree:

Boris
26-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Big Rod (not the Director, the angling variety):agree:

Speakin to the Gala Fox at the game today. He was recalling THAT car journey on the autobahn going from Munich to the Maribor game & the lorries in them tunnels. Scary stuff. I informed him it could get scarier goin by yir latest motorway escapade!!!

FitbaFolkKen
26-07-2015, 10:27 PM
Have a new idea???

Yeah I'm rarely negative but I don't really have any expectations from Hibs anymore which is rubbish. I'm going to bring my girls to their first game on Saturday(I'm sure they will love me for it :aok:) and I really hope they enjoy it as that would really encourage me to go more often. Watching hibs as a kid was always awesome as you always thought you were going to win every game and went into matches with ridiculous positivity.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 10:43 PM
Speakin to the Gala Fox at the game today. He was recalling THAT car journey on the autobahn going from Munich to the Maribor game & the lorries in them tunnels. Scary stuff. I informed him it could get scarier goin by yir latest motorway escapade!!!

Haha I need to get myself a lorry....

Alfred E Newman
27-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Still only £6.20 for a hot dog and a cup of tea, excellent value!