Hanlon
Gray

Carmichael
Fyvie
Bartley
Boyle

Cummings
Keatings

Went without Allan as tbh I can't see him staying.

Benny Brazil
26-07-2015, 10:13 AM
Reguero

Stevenson
Fontaine
Hanlon
Gray

Carmichael
Fyvie
Bartley
Boyle

Cummings
Farid

J-C
26-07-2015, 10:24 AM
4-3-3 for me

Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Fyvie
Bartley
McGinn ( if rumours are true and I think Allan will gone next week, not to Rangers though )

Boyle/Carmichael
Keatings
Cummings

mcfly
26-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Any reason why Paul Hanlon is in everyone's team??

Just asking really as he's been a constant in
The team for a number of years now and been part of the terrible results. Why does he always get s game??

Personally we can do better - I also think he's pretty easily brushed off.

J-C
26-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Any reason why Paul Hanlon is in everyone's team??

Just asking really as he's been a constant in
The team for a number of years now and been part of the terrible results. Why does he always get s game??

Personally we can do better - I also think he's pretty easily brushed off.

Because right now we have no one else.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Would have Farid in my 11 if fit, every day of the week......

Andy74
26-07-2015, 10:32 AM
No Malonga? We play better with him.

J-C
26-07-2015, 10:34 AM
No Malonga? We play better with him.

I never put him in as I feel he's a luxury, we need Cummings energy and work rate and Keatings is a better finishes IMO, all about opinions guys.

Gmack7
26-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Because right now we have no one else.
foster and fontaine for me if we're playing 4 at the back

bill the hibby
26-07-2015, 10:35 AM
Just putting it out there but as bad as malonga was before he went off, he was able to retain the ball in their half of the pitch. Noticed after he went off we were giving the ball away incredibly cheaply up top which left us open at the back.

J-C
26-07-2015, 10:36 AM
foster and fontaine for me if we're playing 4 at the back

I like Forster but still not convinced by him, like Hanlon he's a bit of a ball watcher, they both need to concentrate more during the game and positionally both aren't great.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley

Fyvie
Allan
Carmichael

Cummings
Malonga

That's with the like of Farid, Keatkngs, Boyle, Forster on the bench.

Jeez we need players fit asap.

bill the hibby
26-07-2015, 10:39 AM
Also, after the dust has settled...I went through the starting 11 putting in the players that are currently out injured and our midfield will be totally different, dynamic attacking mid hopefully in scott allan, hard tackling defensive midfielder in Bartley and pacey wingers in boyle and carmichael...our squad yesterday, in midfield, was the weakest ive seen in a long time however it won't be like that throughout the season.

Gmack7
26-07-2015, 10:41 AM
I like Forster but still not convinced by him, like Hanlon he's a bit of a ball watcher, they both need to concentrate more during the game and positionally both aren't great.
Forster is more aggressive and offers more of a goal threat,i also think we'd have a better balance with a more right sided CH

J-C
26-07-2015, 10:44 AM
Forster is more aggressive and offers more of a goal threat,i also think we'd have a better balance with a more right sided CH

I get the aggressive bit but he still makes mistakes, basic ones, what I'm getting at is we need better than both of them, that should've been a priority this season. Forster is starting to get very injury prone and Hanlon hasn't improved in 5 years as 1st pick, we need better then them.

Wheat Hound
26-07-2015, 10:53 AM
Reguero

Gray
Forster
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley
Fyvie

Boyle
McGinn(if)
Carmichael

El Alagui

Bayern Bru
26-07-2015, 11:01 AM
This would give us a strong bench - potentially Cummings, El Alagui, Malonga, Forster, Reguero, Stanton, Martin - and of course could be tweaked i.e. El Alagui instead of Keatings, one of the midfielders dropping out to allow for two up front.

Not 100% about Keatings as a lone striker, but don't think any of the other forwards could play up top on their own realistically - except maybe Farid.

Since90+2
26-07-2015, 11:04 AM
Oxley

Gray
Forster
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley

Carmichael
Fyvie
Boyle

Cummings
Farid

Paisley Hibby
26-07-2015, 11:25 AM
I never put him in as I feel he's a luxury, we need Cummings energy and work rate and Keatings is a better finishes IMO, all about opinions guys.

Malonga is not even a luxury mate, a lazy liability more like. One of Stubbs' mistakes.

Fergus52
26-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Malonga is not even a luxury mate, a lazy liability more like. One of Stubbs' mistakes.

Try actually watching him next time your at a game.

None of our forwards have anywhere near his quality of movement, link up play and first touch.

Albanian Hibs
26-07-2015, 11:34 AM

Pish, imo

J-C
26-07-2015, 11:43 AM

Lazy yes but a luxury as in he has bags of talent but doesn't utilise it enough, needs to do more in game than just a few nice touches and lay offs.

the da
26-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Stevenson in everyones team gives 100 hundred per cent agreed just no a very good player i know the majority of fans worship him but he is the common denominator in this shocking run of form and should be moved on

eastterrace
26-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Stevenson in everyones team gives 100 hundred per cent agreed just no a very good player i know the majority of fans worship him but he is the common denominator in this shocking run of form and should be moved on

:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 03:30 PM

AS rates him, do you know better than AS?

bill the hibby
26-07-2015, 03:32 PM
AS rates him, do you know better than AS?

Not saying I know better but there's been a few things I would like to question AS about in a few matches regarding tactics and team selections. Sometimes his inexperience shows

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 03:33 PM
Not saying I know better but there's been a few things I would like to question AS about in a few matches regarding tactics and team selections. Sometimes his inexperience shows

Nice one Jose.....

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 03:37 PM

:top marks

You won't be attending his testimonial then?:dunno:

bill the hibby
26-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Nice one Jose.....

You're awful defensive when it comes to Stevenson, is this you Lewis?

Smartie
26-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Malonga is massively frustrating but he's a great talent and I think he's a massive player for us.

He has a great touch and has a deceptive turn of pace about him. I don't think he's much of a finisher and his body language at times makes him look lazy and disinterested but with the right players around him I think he could be one of our most important players this season.

We need our forwards to hold the ball up and we didn't do that nearly well enough after he went off. That put more pressure on our defence, pressure that they just couldn't handle yesterday.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-07-2015, 03:39 PM
Nice one Jose.....

Its a football forum Mr B for well you know discussing all things football. ;-)

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 03:42 PM
You're awful defensive when it comes to Stevenson, is this you Lewis?

Yes why?

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 03:43 PM
Its a football forum Mr B for well you know discussing all things football. ;-)

Just hacked off with the constant drivel and negativity......Wonder why some even bother, only happy when they are moaning

cmcd
26-07-2015, 05:03 PM
Just hacked off with the constant drivel and negativity......Wonder why some even bother, only happy when they are moaning

When things are not going well it seems the thing to do Slag off Stevenson and Hanlon . I wonder if these people are perfect at work every day

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Carmichael
Allan
Fyvie
Boyle

Cummings
El Alagui

AlbertK86
26-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Oxley

Gray Foster Fontaine. Stevenson

Bartley.

Fyvie. Allan

Carmichael Farid Keatings

Would like to see a new LB in the mould of Gray

May be tempted to go 4-2-3-1 when we play Sevco away

With Hanlon in the 2 alongside Bartley as I though he did really well in the midfield holding roll yesterday until his naive challenge and he and the teams confidence looked shattered after the second

thebakerboy
26-07-2015, 06:08 PM
Think there is a chance we may play 3 5 2 or 5 3 2 this season so my 11 is as follows

Reguero

Foster Hanlon Fontaine

Gray Fyvie S Allan Bartley Stevenson

Malonga Keatings

Subs Oxley Stanton Martin Cummings Alagui Carmichael L Allan

dmc1875
26-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Oxley

gray
hanlon
fontaine
stevenson

bartley

boyle
fyvie
allan/carmicheal

keatings
farid

jacomo
26-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Malonga is massively frustrating but he's a great talent and I think he's a massive player for us.

He has a great touch and has a deceptive turn of pace about him. I don't think he's much of a finisher and his body language at times makes him look lazy and disinterested but with the right players around him I think he could be one of our most important players this season.

We need our forwards to hold the ball up and we didn't do that nearly well enough after he went off. That put more pressure on our defence, pressure that they just couldn't handle yesterday.

:agree:

Not saying yesterday's loss was all down to his injury, but it was a big blow.

Malonga is a clever, clever player. And he scores goals.

ancient hibee
26-07-2015, 07:08 PM

Can't have too many like that.

Iain G
26-07-2015, 07:16 PM

He was clearly not 100% right and I think that had an impact on us and Lewis Allan is clearly very raw and I wonder if harris up front with Cummings could have caused them different problems?! Or even Scotty on and pushed up behind Cummings? Not being critical because at that point the formation and team was working well for us

Waxy
26-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Oxley

Gray
Forster
Fontaine

Bartley
Carmicheal
Allan
Fyvie
Stevenson

Malonga
Keatings

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Surprised how many people have left Cummings out their teams, last seasons championships top goalscorer.

yekimevol
26-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Oxley
Gray Hanlon Fountain Stevenson
Boyle Allan fyvie Carmichael
Cummings Farid

The_Horde
27-07-2015, 12:00 AM

What shocking run of form? What year do you think it is? What is your name? Are you okay?

Heisenberg
27-07-2015, 12:30 AM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley
Fyvie

Boyle
Allan
Carmichael

Cummings

Alex Trager
27-07-2015, 12:31 AM
When things are not going well it seems the thing to do Slag off Stevenson and Hanlon . I wonder if these people are perfect at work every day

Regardless of what competition and what team we played, we have just been destroyed 2-6 at home.

Getting beat by the Rangers is fair enough.

To get beat by four goals at home.

That is not fair enough. I don't care for excuses.

Lewis and Paul would be good backups.
I personally can't see why Stubbs hasn't went out and tried to get a better player in both positions.

Stevenson, is extremely average.
He's good in the tackle and works hard.
That's about all he has IMO.
He scored a few last season and don't get me wrong I loved each goal and was delighted for him.

The same when Pablo scores.
But I think we should have a better pair of players in the back four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-07-2015, 12:32 AM

His ability is not to be questioned, most often when he's on form, we are.

He is a major cog in Hibs getting promoted.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Hibeesmad
27-07-2015, 12:41 AM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Allan
Bartley
Fyvie

Carmichael
Cummings
Keatings

HoboHarry
27-07-2015, 01:32 AM
Regardless of what competition and what team we played, we have just been destroyed 2-6 at home.

Getting beat by the Rangers is fair enough.

To get beat by four goals at home.

That is not fair enough. I don't care for excuses.

Lewis and Paul would be good backups.
I personally can't see why Stubbs hasn't went out and tried to get a better player in both positions.

Stevenson, is extremely average.
He's good in the tackle and works hard.
That's about all he has IMO.
He scored a few last season and don't get me wrong I loved each goal and was delighted for him.

The same when Pablo scores.
But I think we should have a better pair of players in the back four.

Yet still he was included in the Division team of the year. How does that fit with your assessment?

Alex Trager
27-07-2015, 01:35 AM
Yet still he was included in the Division team of the year. How does that fit with your assessment?

I was as astounded as any that he made that team.

HoboHarry
27-07-2015, 01:37 AM
I was as astounded as any that he made that team.

I may be wrong but I think he was voted in by his fellow professionals. If I am right in that it kind of leaves your opinion in the dust does it not?

Steve20
27-07-2015, 01:43 AM
Looking at people's teams, it highlights our need to bring in better players to go straight into the side.

A keeper
Left back
Centre half
Creative midfielder
A striker that can score at a better rate than 1 in 6 good chances.

We won't get all these positions in but we certainly need them.

Alex Trager
27-07-2015, 01:44 AM
I may be wrong but I think he was voted in by his fellow professionals. If I am right in that it kind of leaves your opinion in the dust does it not?

As I see it.
The thing with opinions is everyone has one.
I don't think the guys that play in the league have a better opinion than me.
Likewise they'll think the same about my opinion.

I think we could get a
Better left back. Maybe a left back that mirrors David Gray for example?

Same goes with CH and Paul Hanlon.
I don't see him as good enough.
We need better.

However I must stress. This does not mean I want rid of these players.

They're great to have around in my opinion, good quality as a squad player.

bill the hibby
27-07-2015, 07:26 AM
As I see it.
The thing with opinions is everyone has one.
I don't think the guys that play in the league have a better opinion than me.
Likewise they'll think the same about my opinion.

I think we could get a
Better left back. Maybe a left back that mirrors David Gray for example?

Same goes with CH and Paul Hanlon.
I don't see him as good enough.
We need better.

However I must stress. This does not mean I want rid of these players.

They're great to have around in my opinion, good quality as a squad player.

Could not agree more, there's no way that we can't get better than either Hanlon or Stevenson...have to remember these guys have been regulars in the hibs team since our decline started at the end of 2007. These are guys who've played in some of our worst results in history. Mind you, I don't think any of our defenders were up to much on Saturday.

Brightside
27-07-2015, 08:06 AM
Could not agree more, there's no way that we can't get better than either Hanlon or Stevenson...have to remember these guys have been regulars in the hibs team since our decline started at the end of 2007. These are guys who've played in some of our worst results in history. Mind you, I don't think any of our defenders were up to much on Saturday.

give it a rest eh.

SlickShoes
27-07-2015, 08:08 AM

Both of them had a bad game at the weekend, it's so far the only frame of reference this season since it was our only competitive game so far.

bill the hibby
27-07-2015, 08:19 AM
give it a rest eh.

I should give it a rest because you don't agree with my opinion? Sure that's not how fan forums are meant to work

Fergus52
27-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Surprised how many people have left Cummings out their teams, last seasons championships top goalscorer.

Malonga had a better goal per minute ratio and el alagui offers more to the team as a whole.

Glad that we have 4 strikers all competing to start though.

Brightside
27-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Both of them had a bad game at the weekend, it's so far the only frame of reference this season since it was our only competitive game so far.

If they had a bad game what about the other 9 players....they certainly weren't the worst on the pitch. far from it. Both players were stand outs last season. But are simply not liked by a selection of the support. Every time they make any mistakes they are ripped to bits on here.

Brightside
27-07-2015, 08:22 AM
Malonga had a better goal per minute ratio and el alagui offers more to the team as a whole.

Glad that we have 4 strikers all competing to start though.

I can only assume Malonga started injured yesterday as his work rate was very poor.

Brightside
27-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Goalie

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

Bartley

Carmichael Fyvie Allan Boyle

Cummings