PDA

View Full Version : Potential starting XI

Kaiserclem
26-07-2015, 09:46 AM
I am absolutely gutted at yesterday's result but was not at the game due to work commitments. Were we really that bad? I have put a potential starting XI and subs below, are we good enough to win the league? I for one personally think we are short of enough players with 'steel' and who put a foot in to win the Championship. I think we have the ability but just missing something. Left back / wing back is a major issue for me, Stevenson is a 110% man who never stops running up and down the left hand side but realistically he cannot beat a man and his crossing is dreadful. I like him a lot but honestly think we are weak on that side and we need better.
What's everyone else's thoughts to below??

Oxley

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

Bartley

Allan Fyvie

Carmichael / Boyle

Keatings El Alagui

Subs: Reguero
Forster
Stanton
Martin
Harris
Carmichael / Boyle
Cummings

the da
26-07-2015, 12:55 PM
I am absolutely gutted at yesterday's result but was not at the game due to work commitments. Were we really that bad? I have put a potential starting XI and subs below, are we good enough to win the league? I for one personally think we are short of enough players with 'steel' and who put a foot in to win the Championship. I think we have the ability but just missing something. Left back / wing back is a major issue for me, Stevenson is a 110% man who never stops running up and down the left hand side but realistically he cannot beat a man and his crossing is dreadful. I like him a lot but honestly think we are weak on that side and we need better.
What's everyone else's thoughts to below??

Oxley

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

Bartley

Allan Fyvie

Carmichael / Boyle

Keatings El Alagui

Subs: Reguero
Forster
Stanton
Martin
Harris
Carmichael / Boyle
Cummings
Spot on re stevenson giving 100per cent is not enough compare him to gray on the right yet the fans remain looyal he should have went after last years debacle

marjoriebanks
26-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Agree 100% regarding left back. It is not good enough as it stands to have player who is totally committed. You have to marry that to some skill. Lewis is steady but cannot and has never been able to cross on the run.

The lad from Morton Mark Russell was mentioned a while back or Callum Crane - would they be any better?

Kaiserclem
26-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Stevenson is a club player and will always give us everything, just unfortunately his everything isn't the standard we need. Not his fault, just hasn't got the abilities we require.

McGeouch is a bigger miss than I anticipated also, his energy and running are drastically missed. We ain't far away from what we need when everyone is fit but now that we are adopting the sports science regime, a big investment from the club and one I think is very interesting. However, our injury list is unbelievable, surely this investment was to eliminate / detect injuries prior to them happening? Not having a pop at Craig Flannigan as I have met him and his knowledge is first class but something is missing here. We have a few to come back but looking at yesterday's starting line-up and our bench we are miles short of what we need for a campaign at the title.

liamh2202
26-07-2015, 02:23 PM
We should offer 100k for Lee Wallace ;) . you are right though since we brought in David gray our team seems a bit lop sided