PDA

View Full Version : Ffs!

spike220
26-07-2015, 09:35 AM
Friendly Forum Snippets

With all the angst among posters around the latest results I thought I would start a positive thread.

This is a non-judgmental thread, for people to share friendly snippets of positivity to try and lift the Doom and Gloom outlook.

GGTTH

bigwheel
26-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Still love the club always will...I remember being out in Lithuania when we got papped out of the intertoto in the very early Mowbray days - chatting to people after the match we all thought we were in for a long slog of a season....how wrong that turned out to be! Pre-season very rarely reflects the actual season ..let's judge ourselves after the first round of 10 matches.....

Glory Glory!

greenginger
26-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Disappointed yesterday without a doubt , still optimistic about the season to come , 3 or 4 new players we've not seen yet and 2 or 3 of last years still to come back.

The first league game and the performance then is what counts as far as I'm concerned Yesterday was just a bad day at the office.

Ronniekirk
26-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Like a lot of people yesterday I just didn't see that collapse happening and losing six at home to our title contenders
Will that be the team when we next play them , no it won't Shpuld we still have enough in the locker to hump Montrose and then beat Dumarton in the first game , yes we should
Stubbs has called it a wake up call so confident that will be acted upon

The Scotty Saga can now get sorted out one way or another and further new players will come in But if one is John McGinn he won't be up to speed either after his spear injury and he isn't training with at Mirren so we need to be patient with new players

Hibernia&Alba
26-07-2015, 10:22 AM
The league hasn't started yet - always exciting

We have injured players to return and will make signings

Fitness levels will improve

It was the Petrofac Cup

We have a good young manager and some good players. I'm optimistic for the season ahead.

Nevi_SOL
26-07-2015, 10:27 AM
That was probably the weakest team we will put out this season (injury wise)

That was their strongest 11

Hibs were the better team majority of the first half

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 10:29 AM
We should have been out of sight before they equalised.

We have injuries that are telling, 8 or 9 from memory. We will be fine, no need for panic....

Hibernian FC, the best brand of football, the World's ever seen........

Bayern Bru
26-07-2015, 11:03 AM
Kit looks good, and I thought the pitch was in good nick.

:greengrin

Jack Hackett
26-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Last time I looked, we were still level on points with the Zombies :greengrin

Hibby 2005
26-07-2015, 11:37 AM
That was probably the weakest team we will put out this season (injury wise)

That was their strongest 11

Hibs were the better team majority of the first half

The defence we had out yesterday was our regular defence from last season as far as I could see. We were the better team for a 1/3 of the match until the defence imploded.

We have goals in our team but while players like Hanlon, Stevenson and Oxley continue to feature in defence we'll struggle.

gegs70
26-07-2015, 12:48 PM
We looked good in 1st half and had we had scored all of our opportunities we would have had 6 or more. I'm not sure the preseason games were really useful but at least we now have something to work with and improve. I was impressed with Scott Martin looks a good player. Defensive cover is required.

26-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Still love the club always will...I remember being out in Lithuania when we got papped out of the intertoto in the very early Mowbray days - chatting to people after the match we all thought we were in for a long slog of a season....how wrong that turned out to be! Pre-season very rarely reflects the actual season ..let's judge ourselves after the first round of 10 matches.....

Glory Glory!

I agree. Hearts got beat 4-1 by Livinston in the first round of the petrofac cup last season and look what they went on to do.

26-07-2015, 01:01 PM
We also have to remember how weakened that hibs team was due to injuries playing against a pretty much full hun team.

Iain G
26-07-2015, 01:15 PM
I though the defence did well first half hour and blocked majority of the balls into box and we broke forward very quickly and had TheTheRangers stretched and if we had got our final ball that little bit better we could easily have been three up by that point, certainly hood signs there and we know we have four or five good players to come in and am sure our shopping hasnt finished yet.

Bad hour at the office, rather now in the diddy cup than in the league, time to move onto the next game :-)

GreenLake
26-07-2015, 01:22 PM
Looks like this linesman has been apprehended (http://www.inquisitr.com/2280767/wyoming-man-caught-30-smuggling-eyeballs-in-anal-cavity-police-say-story-is-a-hoax/) and won't be officiating in any more games.

PISTOL1875
26-07-2015, 01:53 PM
It is not all doom and gloom.. The huns were at full strength yesterday whereas we are maybe 7-8 players short due to injury.. Yeh it was disappointing to lose 6 and we know can blame Mark Oxley for some of them but we did play well at stages in the game.. The timing of the first 3 goals came at vital times and being honest we never recovered from the first goal going in...

Just gotta stick with it and we will be fine..

davidw
26-07-2015, 01:58 PM
I agree. Hearts got beat 4-1 by Livinston in the first round of the petrofac cup last season and look what they went on to do.

They played a reserve side. And quite rightly too. The one positive from yesterday is we are out an embarrassing tournament that we shouldn't be in in the first place.

Roxyhibee
26-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Hard to find positives after yesterday but I do think we are still in with a good chance -

- we have good players and signings not on show yesterday to start games soon
- we have experience of this league from last season and know it's not easy getting 3 points
- our manager and most of our players know this and know 3 points in all the 'wee' games is more important than a one off glory game against the bigots (see Yams ability last season to do the wee clubs and not us or Huns)
- Stubbs has (hopefully) realised that a plan B and C involving width and pace are essential this season and that the diamond has limited shelf life, especially against the bus parkers
- Sevco have set a very high expectation on themselves to stroll to 3 points every single week now after yesterday's 'drubbing' of their biggest rivals
- the players will be desperate to rid themselves of yesterday's pain next week and the next time we meet the Huns

GGTTH

Jack
26-07-2015, 02:46 PM
My daughter is working in Spain and was watching.

She PMd me on Facebook telling me to get down the front, jump about and wave, so she could see me. Not at 6-2 down dear.

She then used Facebook to phone me and we had a chat, while I sat down the front, not jumping up and down or waving but probably looking a bit frosty.

She didn't see me.

The good news was the internet call via Facebook was just as good as a normal call and only used about 2mb of data. I wonder how a video call would have gone, or are they just available through Wifi?

Keith_M
26-07-2015, 02:54 PM
The one positive I have about yesterday's game is that I was thinking about coming over, and including the game as part of the trip, but changed my mind and didn't bother.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 03:03 PM
The one positive I have about yesterday's game is that I was thinking about coming over, and including the game as part of the trip, but changed my mind and didn't bother.

Good:aok:

greenlex
26-07-2015, 03:07 PM
The one good thing yesterday was my £12 for a two at the 10th.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2015, 03:08 PM

Away and post this pish elsewhere. If you're not happy at what's on offer then don't bother going to any more matches and that includes cup semis and finals if we get to any because your're clearly not behind the team at all.

SaulGoodman
26-07-2015, 03:10 PM
The defence had a bad day yesterday.

But you don't just lose it. I'll put it down to bad preparation and rustiness.

At least I'm no a manky Rangers fan

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Away and post this pish elsewhere. If you're not happy at what's on offer then don't bother going to any more matches and that includes cup semis and finals if we get to any because your're clearly not behind the team at all.

Based in Germany, I don't think he goes to any mate......

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 03:12 PM

Only the £12, were there a few 2's then?

Hermit Crab
26-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Based in Germany, I don't think he goes to any mate......

They are welcome to him then. Thats an ignore list candidate......

NAE NOOKIE
26-07-2015, 03:18 PM
To be honest yesterday is already out of my system. Though it was our regular defence I cant see them playing as bad a 45 minutes again as they did yesterday and it also has to be said that some of their troubles were caused by our makeshift midfield dropping out of the game.

We have a number of players to come back in, but with the possible exception of Bartley they are all attacking players .... its pretty clear that we need at least one hard tackling MF of a defensive midfielder, Bartley might be that man, but even if he is another wont hurt.

If yesterday gives the Zombies a 'this is gonna' be easy' mindset then all well and good ...... If Alan Stubbs is any kind of a manager that will be far from the case next time the two teams meet.

I note that Rhys McCabe is training at East Mains and hoping that Hibs might offer him a deal. In the same article he talks about not regretting leaving Ibrox to go south .... "but does not rule out playing for them again" ( he supports them too ) .... Given the current situation Hibs would do well to tell him to look for another 'stepping stone'

Anyway ..... As far as I'm concerned its still all to play for :aok:

jacomo
26-07-2015, 03:23 PM
I believe in Alan Stubbs and what he's trying to do. I think he's the first manager in a long time to have the support he needs from above.

These things give me confidence for the season.

Holmesdale Hibs
26-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Playing The Huns (and the other arse cheek) always puts football in perspective - I'd rather lose a game football than be one of them.

The game/competition is meaningless and going out in the round means less meaningless games mid-season which is a good thing.

We finished above The Huns last year even after a terrible start. I think both teams will finish with a higher tally this season but we will finish above them. GGTTH

greenlex
26-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Only the £12, were there a few 2's then?

Works outing. One of 4.

Big_Franck
26-07-2015, 04:35 PM
For me the main positive is that we are out of that cup. We now have no more meaningless games getting in the way of our league games and possibly getting (more) players injured or suspended for the games that really matter.

Also, there's one thing that crossed my mind yesterday and which I don't think is insignificant. In the first half we were one up and looked like we were going to go on and win by 3 or 4. If that had happened the reaction from the hun masses would have forced Dave King to spend money and strengthen their squad. After hammering us they will hopefully believe they have more than enough to walk the league and won't strengthen much more. I think we'll add another 2/3 players and end up with the stronger squad.

liamh2202
26-07-2015, 04:39 PM

Playing in the submariner open last week, the twos winner pocketed 110 quid

Aldo
26-07-2015, 04:42 PM

I believe I am related to the organiser of that event. Im also an ex submariner!

greenlex
26-07-2015, 04:44 PM

Thee would be considerably more than the 20 odd of us at Marr Hall yesterday tho.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 04:48 PM
For me the main positive is that we are out of that cup. We now have no more meaningless games getting in the way of our league games and possibly getting (more) players injured or suspended for the games that really matter.

Also, there's one thing that crossed my mind yesterday and which I don't think is insignificant. In the first half we were one up and looked like we were going to go on and win by 3 or 4. If that had happened the reaction from the hun masses would have forced Dave King to spend money and strengthen their squad. After hammering us they will hopefully believe they have more than enough to walk the league and won't strengthen much more. I think we'll add another 2/3 players and end up with the stronger squad.

1. It wasn't a meaningless game

2. Derhun fans could demand more signings all they wanted, they are skint already.....(Hence £50k up front for SA, in their ridiculous offer)

Jack
26-07-2015, 05:11 PM

Would an open submarine not sink?

Big_Franck
26-07-2015, 06:07 PM
1. It wasn't a meaningless game

2. Derhun fans could demand more signings all they wanted, they are skint already.....(Hence £50k up front for SA, in their ridiculous offer)

To me the petrofac training cup is meaningless. Judging by the number of fans that turned up it's meaningless to a lot of other fans.

Not having the money didn't stop the old or new rangers from signing players and paying wages they couldn't afford.

Iain G
26-07-2015, 06:26 PM
To me the petrofac training cup is meaningless. Judging by the number of fans that turned up it's meaningless to a lot of other fans.

Not having the money didn't stop the old or new rangers from signing players and paying wages they couldn't afford.

The clue as to how much of a meaningless competition it is can be found in the name, Training Cup says it all ;-)

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 10:07 PM

NO competitive Hibs fixture is meaningless. Stay away fans make the match meaningless haha priceless.....

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2015, 07:58 AM
I remain optimistic and am really looking forward to the league starting.