PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs interview

Ozyhibby
26-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Has anyone got a link to Alan Stubbs after match interview,, I've not heard it yet.
Not being lazy, just can't find it.

Leithenhibby
26-07-2015, 12:12 PM
Has anyone got a link to Alan Stubbs after match interview,, I've not heard it yet.
Not being lazy, just can't find it.

http://t.co/Y7EvJcJ5Nc :aok:

Franck Stanton
26-07-2015, 12:34 PM
It took him a long time to say it, but glad to hear that he eventually stated that no one would be leaving and that we will be adding to the squad. Sooner the better. [only please, please can they be fit, or at least not injured].

sleeping giant
26-07-2015, 12:39 PM
Is there a link to anywhere other than Hibs TV? It's only allowing me to watch 15 seconds then cuts off. I assume it's because I'm not a subscriber .

Leithenhibby
26-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Is there a link to anywhere other than Hibs TV? It's only allowing me to watch 15 seconds then cuts off. I assume it's because I'm not a subscriber .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri1EZZWJCcE :wink:

J-C
26-07-2015, 01:45 PM
He says no one will be leaving this squad and a couple new faces next week and maybe another before August the 8th, Carmichael, Keatings and Bartley to start training next week.

IrnBru22
26-07-2015, 01:53 PM

Click on the freeview bit at the side :aok:

GreenLake
26-07-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm glad I listened to that interview.

Yesterday was a bad day.

It's a long season and lots of guys were missing - on the pitch and off.

Ozyhibby
26-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Sounds like the plan is to keep Scott. I think that is the best option as well.
We saw yesterday in the brief spell he was on that he can be the difference in games. He has a quality players like Fyvie and Mcgeogh just don't have. He tries to play the forward ball at every opportunity. He takes chances.
Once he knows the move is not happening he will settle down and realise he has to keep performing and playing every week.
It really would be best for us if he stays.

Ozyhibby
26-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Click on the freeview bit at the side :aok:

Thanks

Ozyhibby
26-07-2015, 02:23 PM
http://t.co/Y7EvJcJ5Nc :aok:

Thanks

jacomo
26-07-2015, 02:30 PM
We saw yesterday in the brief spell he was on that he can be the difference in games. He has a quality players like Fyvie and Mcgeogh just don't have. He tries to play the forward ball at every opportunity. He takes chances.
Once he knows the move is not happening he will settle down and realise he has to keep performing and playing every week.

:agree:

Every Hibs fan needs to get behind and show him that he can have a rewarding and successful season with us.

Keith_M
26-07-2015, 02:40 PM
It took him a long time to say it, but glad to hear that he eventually stated that no one would be leaving and that we will be adding to the squad. Sooner the better. [only please, please can they be fit, or at least not injured].

Pleased to hear it as, going by our four games so far, we're currently nowhere near ready for the new season, which starts on Saturday against Montrose...

We have a few new signings but not one of them has played yet. Can we please have some uninjured and fully fit additions.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 03:10 PM
So AS says no players are leaving.....Will that calm some down, or just add more petrol to the fire?

Alfred E Newman
26-07-2015, 03:38 PM

Unless he comes out and says he wants to play for Hibs then the sooner he is away the better. We have been in this situation endless times and it always ends the same way. I am sickened by the whole affair especially the media involvement. Hibs are even bring made out to be the bad guys now. It's pathetic and unfortunately the damage has been done. Like I say, unless he is totally committed to the club get rid of him for as much money as you can and use the money to improve the other areas of the team that were shown up yesterday as not good enough.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2015, 03:38 PM
So AS says no players are leaving.....Will that calm some down, or just add more petrol to the fire?

Hard to say at this stage. Alot of folk seem to be overreacting, slightly.

sleeping giant
26-07-2015, 03:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri1EZZWJCcE :wink:

That's an interview with SA but cheers for trying .
Cannae see any freeview link either .
I'll survive though

Jay
26-07-2015, 03:57 PM
That's an interview with SA but cheers for trying .
Cannae see any freeview link either .
I'll survive though

I'm not a subscriber but on the hibs TV bit on the official page I clicked free view at the side and Stubbs interview came on.

stokesmessiah
26-07-2015, 04:05 PM
He says in that interview 2 more for next Saturday and 2 more the league opener, did i hear that right?

J-C
26-07-2015, 04:10 PM
He says in that interview 2 more for next Saturday and 2 more the league opener, did i hear that right?

I wondered too, don't know if he meant new faces as in new signings or new faces as in recent signings.

Steve20
26-07-2015, 04:14 PM
I would imagine he means new signings as the team is well short of the required level.

sleeping giant
26-07-2015, 04:17 PM
I'm not a subscriber but on the hibs TV bit on the official page I clicked free view at the side and Stubbs interview came on.

Got it . Cheers

sleeping giant
26-07-2015, 04:18 PM
I wondered too, don't know if he meant new faces as in new signings or new faces as in recent signings.

I took it to mean recent new signings .

brog
26-07-2015, 04:23 PM

It was a tad ambiguous but as he spoke separately about the guys recovering from injury & also said we would be adding to our squad I'm going for the optimistic version. May of course be a combo of both, new signings & existing signings we haven't seen yet. I was surprised there was no chat re Malonga.

bingo70
26-07-2015, 04:25 PM
It was a tad ambiguous but as he spoke separately about the guys recovering from injury & also said we would be adding to our squad I'm going for the optimistic version. May of course be a combo of both, new signings & existing signings we haven't seen yet. I was surprised there was no chat re Malonga.

What were you expecting to hear about malonga?

sleeping giant
26-07-2015, 04:27 PM
What were you expecting to hear about malonga?

If he was injured.

bingo70
26-07-2015, 04:34 PM
If he was injured.

Ah sorry, I thought there was a rumours of him Leaving I'd missed.

hibsitis
26-07-2015, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=malcolm-bogie;4423200]Unless he comes out and says he wants to play for Hibs then the sooner he is away the better. We have been in this situation endless times and it always ends the same way. I am sickened by the whole affair especially the media involvement. Hibs are even bring made out to be the bad guys now. It's pathetic and unfortunately the damage has been done. Like I say, unless he is totally committed to the club get rid of him for as much money as you can and use the money to improve the other areas of the team that were shown up yesterday as not good enough.OTE]

I think this time is fundamentally different from the past. The financial implications of selling are much more significant and the PR implications are enormous.

Moreover, like a lot of people I suspect, I couldn't give a toss If SA changed his Snapchat photo to him wearing a rangers top and a bowler hat and a sash if he did the business for us week in week out. Having him pledge allegiance to Hibs is meaningless if he doesn't perform. If he performs, who needs badge kissing? As long as we're winning how players present themselves is or should be completely irrelevant.