PDA

View Full Version : Where's your ambition Scott Allan?

munchar
26-07-2015, 08:35 AM
So far Scotty hasn't came out publicly and asked to leave, so until then I will take it that he is going to run down his contract, which he is quite right to do, and probably wisely to.
However, if the rumours are true that he has asked to go, I just can't work out the positives here, (apart from 1 years increase in salary).
He has the chance to play in a team that will probably be winning most weeks, with a decent chance of winning the league, playing attacking football that plays to his strengths. He's settled here and so can hit the ground running when the season starts, no settling in period.
Another season like last seasons and I'm sure he will have a number of top championship sides and maybe mid table EPL teams wanting him. He will be a free agent and so will command a huge signing on fee and wages.
Now if the rumours are true and he is asking to go to Rangers, I honestly think it is madness!! Surely his advisors, his family & himself must know that we can't sell to probably our only rivals to get promoted? Years ago when we were both in the top flight, Rangers would offer an amount we couldn't turn down. But that was when it was The Old firm in one league and the rest of us fighting over 3rd place. Now they are our main rivals. Surely his advice should be enjoy your last year then look at your options. Rangers may not even get promoted! Where would that leave him? Probably on the transfer list, as financially they must go up this season.
Scotty boy, I hope you see sense, get us promoted & leave on good terms with our blessing, everybody's happy!

GGTTH.

The Leith Dutch
26-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Sadly you can substitute in the name of just about every decent player we've had and alternate between huns, celtic and now sevco.

Judging this by rationale standards is a fruitless exercise.

His agent will want the move as his client moving is a better payoff than his client staying put.
Said agent will consequently tell him that he's going to be the main player for sevco and that they will be back up challenging for titles and playing in Europe next year.

Any of his family who disagree will be quietly dismissed as "Not being football men".

The chances of Scott Allan getting any advice from outside Hibs indicating the perfectly sensible points you've made are ****** all divided by six.

munchar
26-07-2015, 09:03 AM
The chances of Scott Allan getting any advice from outside Hibs indicating the perfectly sensible points you've made are ****** all divided by six.[/QUOTE]

I agree what you say, but his agent must know we will not sell to Rangers. They are our only serious rivals, and it would alienate our fans from the board...again!

s.a.m
26-07-2015, 10:12 AM
Sadly you can substitute in the name of just about every decent player we've had and alternate between huns, celtic and now sevco.

Judging this by rationale standards is a fruitless exercise.

His agent will want the move as his client moving is a better payoff than his client staying put.
Said agent will consequently tell him that he's going to be the main player for sevco and that they will be back up challenging for titles and playing in Europe next year.

Any of his family who disagree will be quietly dismissed as "Not being football men".

The chances of Scott Allan getting any advice from outside Hibs indicating the perfectly sensible points you've made are ****** all divided by six.

I agree with most of that. However, a move to Celtic or to The Rangers original incarnation could have been argued to be a step up. A move to The Rangers is a sideways move, in a short career that has so far involved too many moves. As you say, no-one outside Hibs will be pointing this out to him. I'm a bit surprised by his lack of ambition.

SunshineOnLeith
26-07-2015, 10:13 AM
He hasn't asked to leave, but I'm going to write an essay as if he has anyway.

The Sun/Rangers love Hibs fans like you.

RedHibby
26-07-2015, 11:39 AM
The two top divisions in England won't come in for him because he could not get into the team at West Brom. I would definitely be looking to get the best price we can get for him and move on. If we are not going to sell him why are we looking at quite a few other midfielders.

JJP
26-07-2015, 11:42 AM
The two top divisions in England won't come in for him because he could not get into the team at West Brom. I would definitely be looking to get the best price we can get for him and move on. If we are not going to sell him why are we looking at quite a few other midfielders.

Because we have lost Liam Craig, Scott Robertson and Dylan McGeouch and only brought in Marvin Bartley.

J-C
26-07-2015, 11:59 AM

And why is it taking so long to get any of these midfielders signed up considering the mess our midfield is in right now, playing a player that's been told he can go if he wants and a young laddie straight from the development squad.

jdships
26-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Don't forget " The mighty dollar rules OK "

26-07-2015, 12:09 PM
Years ago, as much as we hated when our players did it, moving to Rangers was a big move and you could see the attraction for players. They were challenging for the SPL titles, big european nights against big european clubs, domestic trophies just about every season, playing alongside top players, earning a mint wage. Nowadays, as much as the huns love to live in the past glory days, its very very different. A move from hibs to rangers may increase your wages but in terms of football it is no real step up. We are both in the second tier of Scottish football and will be head to head battling it out.

I can understand Allan wanting to sign for the huns as its its boyhood club, he's probably dreamed of playing for them since he was a wee kid but in terms of furthering his career he really should be aiming for somewhere better.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Because we have lost Liam Craig, Scott Robertson and Dylan McGeouch and only brought in Marvin Bartley.

And Dan Carmichael.

J-C
26-07-2015, 01:07 PM
And Dan Carmichael.

More of a wide player though, it's in the middle where the problem is.

southern hibby
26-07-2015, 02:07 PM
So far Scotty hasn't came out publicly and asked to leave, so until then I will take it that he is going to run down his contract, which he is quite right to do, and probably wisely to.
However, if the rumours are true that he has asked to go, I just can't work out the positives here, (apart from 1 years increase in salary).
He has the chance to play in a team that will probably be winning most weeks, with a decent chance of winning the league, playing attacking football that plays to his strengths. He's settled here and so can hit the ground running when the season starts, no settling in period.
Another season like last seasons and I'm sure he will have a number of top championship sides and maybe mid table EPL teams wanting him. He will be a free agent and so will command a huge signing on fee and wages.
Now if the rumours are true and he is asking to go to Rangers, I honestly think it is madness!! Surely his advisors, his family & himself must know that we can't sell to probably our only rivals to get promoted? Years ago when we were both in the top flight, Rangers would offer an amount we couldn't turn down. But that was when it was The Old firm in one league and the rest of us fighting over 3rd place. Now they are our main rivals. Surely his advice should be enjoy your last year then look at your options. Rangers may not even get promoted! Where would that leave him? Probably on the transfer list, as financially they must go up this season.
Scotty boy, I hope you see sense, get us promoted & leave on good terms with our blessing, everybody's happy!

GGTTH.

Problem SA will have is if he stays with us he will play his hardest for us and feel we can win the league which would put him possibly in the championship again next year. He'll know that Hibs will probably allow his contract to run down even if he signs a pre contract with the Zombies.
Does he really want another year in championship or does he want SPLF with Zombies?
GGTTH

jacomo
26-07-2015, 10:22 PM
He hasn't asked to leave, but I'm going to write an essay as if he has anyway.

The Sun/Rangers love Hibs fans like you.

Think the OP makes a decent point on Sevco being a bad career move for Allan. It is.