PDA

View Full Version : Soft centre running through Hibs

Agnes Gordon
26-07-2015, 05:39 AM
I have read a lot of commentary and rhetoric about us following the Hearts template this season for storming through the division.
This is fine and dandy however one major flaw with this concept is the absence of the type of the athletic, energetic, aggressive " win at all costs" players who were a feature of the grunts last season.
Instead we have too many "nice" players who are easily swept aside by a more agressive opponent.
I thinking of players like Hanlon, Stevenson, Stanton, Fontaine, , Malonga. Handling.
Even Oxley doesn't have the necessary aggressive bravery required.

We had a major advantage over Sevco coming into this season with them facing a complete team rebuild however on the evidence of yesterday, notwithstanding the players we had missing, they are already looking a much better bet to win the title than our spineless pushover of a team.

marinello59
26-07-2015, 06:13 AM
Utter nonsense. Yesterday's defeat was nothing to do with the players being soft.

Springbank
26-07-2015, 06:22 AM
Thankfully the two people who seem to have a bit of spine are Leeann Dempster and Alan Stubbs.
I'll trust them to respond to yesterday's wake up call
We've still got 5 first teamers to come in who missed yesterday with injury, including the midfield destroyer, two wingers, two forwards, and Scott Allan, who will stay for the season

Agnes Gordon
26-07-2015, 06:39 AM
Utter nonsense. Yesterday's defeat was nothing to do with the players being soft.

My post was intended as a general observation of our playing staff rather than specific to yesterday's debacle.

Libby Hibby
26-07-2015, 06:39 AM
The OP is wildly off the mark here.

If we are looking for blame for yesterday's result then we 1st have to look at our injury list that forced us to play players in my opinion will be lucky to be in our match squad never mind starting 11. Stanton, goal apart, what did he do? Hanlon in midfield, to accommodate Forster, why? Last season proved that play either or beside Fontaine and we will be solid. And once all our boys are back fit, can anyone say that Malonga / Cummings will be our front two?

That a side, I didn't think it would genuinly affect our boys but having watched the game, seen players reactions and general feeling, the hijacked preparations by the Scott Allan circus did not help. Whatever the outcome in the SA affair needs to be sorted as quickly as possible.

As for having no spine, I am quite happy with the stance we are taking particularly with the Rangers but generally things are moving in the right direction. Once our boys are all back fit, we will be fine. Relax fella.

GGTTH.

Libby Hibby
26-07-2015, 06:43 AM
My post was intended as a general observation of our playing staff rather than specific to yesterday's debacle.

Sorry, just red this after my response.

To answer you in short, I think we will be fine once all our players are back fit and the SA sitution is sorted.

There is a backbone there, we just need the above points resolved quickly,

Crammond Hibee
26-07-2015, 11:33 AM
I have read a lot of commentary and rhetoric about us following the Hearts template this season for storming through the division.
This is fine and dandy however one major flaw with this concept is the absence of the type of the athletic, energetic, aggressive " win at all costs" players who were a feature of the grunts last season.
Instead we have too many "nice" players who are easily swept aside by a more agressive opponent.
I thinking of players like Hanlon, Stevenson, Stanton, Fontaine, , Malonga. Handling.
Even Oxley doesn't have the necessary aggressive bravery required.

We had a major advantage over Sevco coming into this season with them facing a complete team rebuild however on the evidence of yesterday, notwithstanding the players we had missing, they are already looking a much better bet to win the title than our spineless pushover of a team.
There is definitely a fragility in the team therefore I agree with this post.
Not spineless though.