PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Oxley ............ 4 ........ Oh dear ... and I think he gets unfair criticism on here.

Stevenson ..... 5 ......... Did his best but not one of his better days

Forster ......... 6 ...... Did fine until he had to come off.

Fontaine ....... 5 ...... I really like him but he lost his composure in the 2nd half and that's one of his real assets usually.

Gray ............ 6 ....... I actually thought he had a good first half, but faded badly after half time and kept getting turned.

Hanlon ........ 5 ..... If he had played in his starting position might have been a 7 but he was part of a shambles after he went to CH.

Fyvie .......... 7 ...... Tried really hard to influence the game, a bit static at times but was probably our best player.

Martin ..................... Started well, but faded along with his team mates ..... I wont score him coz its not fair to blame a kid for getting little help in one of his first games.

Stanton ...... 6 ...... Blistering goal and started well, then disappeared.

Cummings ..... 6 .... Worked hard for little reward ..... penalty notwithstanding did he have a shot on goal?

Malonga ..... 3 ..... I want to love him, but I don't think I have ever seen a player look injured during as many games as he has ... it happens so often that when he does get taken off you wonder just how injured he really is. Is it worth starting a player who will invariably end up getting subbed?

Subs:

L Allan ............ I wont score him for the same reason as Martin .... he actually did a couple of good things outside the box, but never looked like making an impact.

S Allan ...... 6 ...... The few touches he had showed why the Huns want him and why their offers are a joke, but when it comes to not shooting he is the biggest culprit, he did it again today. Having said that he fought like a Tiger at one point to win a ball he had over run which was pleasing.

Stubbs ... 3 ... Injured players, unsettled players, diddy cup .......... All well and good mate, but that was unacceptable, I know you agree.

S4uzee
25-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Let's not

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Malonga was playing really well and causing them lots of problems, laughable to give him a 3 for getting hammered by some hun early on.

SquashedFrogg
25-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Let's not

:agree:

Like the game - totally pointless

I'd rather people start slaughtering our players (the team we support) at the end of the season.

We need to 'support' our team and our team need our 'support'.

One meaningless friendly doe snot make a season

Crammond Hibee
25-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Malonga was playing really well and causing them lots of problems, laughable to give him a 3 for getting hammered by some hun early on.

I disagree with a 3 as well
It should be a 2

Crammond Hibee
25-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Oxley ............ 4 ........ Oh dear ... and I think he gets unfair criticism on here.

Fontaine ....... 5 ...... I really like him but he lost his composure in the 2nd half and that's one of his real assets usually.

Gray ............ 6 ....... I actually thought he had a good first half, but faded badly after half time and kept getting turned.

Hanlon ........ 5 ..... If he had played in his starting position might have been a 7 but he was part of a shambles after he went to CH.

Fyvie .......... 7 ...... Tried really hard to influence the game, a bit static at times but was probably our best player.

Martin ..................... Started well, but faded along with his team mates ..... I wont score him coz its not fair to blame a kid for getting little help in one of his first games.

Cummings ..... 6 .... Worked hard for little reward ..... penalty notwithstanding did he have a shot on goal?

Malonga ..... 3 ..... I want to love him, but I don't think I have ever seen a player look injured during as many games as he has ... it happens so often that when he does get taken off you wonder just how injured he really is. Is it worth starting a player who will invariably end up getting subbed?

Subs:

L Allan ............ I wont score him for the same reason as Martin .... he actually did a couple of good things outside the box, but never looked like making an impact.

S Allan ...... 6 ...... The few touches he had showed why the Huns want him and why their offers are a joke, but when it comes to not shooting he is the biggest culprit, he did it again today. Having said that he fought like a Tiger at one point to win a ball he had over run which was pleasing.

Stubbs ... 3 ... Injured players, unsettled players, diddy cup .......... All well and good mate, but that was unacceptable, I know you agree.

Read this post on Malonga

Sums it up really

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2015, 06:43 PM
I disagree with a 3 as well
It should be a 2Yeah, we looked much better without him.

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Fyvie and Cummings would get a 7, the rest i'd give no more than 2. Maybe harsh but its a mans game and even the kids who were thrown in need to do better than they did.

hibs0666
25-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Babies looked exactly that.

jacomo
25-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Fyvie and Cummings would get a 7, the rest i'd give no more than 2. Maybe harsh but its a mans game and even the kids who were thrown in need to do better than they did.

Hard to disagree.

But I'm going to erase this game from my mind. Think we should all do the same.

The seasons not started yet.

SquashedFrogg
25-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Read this post on Malonga

Sums it up really

He went off after 20 odd mins, and whilst scuffed one over the bar, looked strong and direct.

You give no explanation to any of your posts (right or wrong)

I'm just not convinced

Pretty Boy
25-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Not going to do the whole ratings thing. Today was garbage and everyone know it.

One thing.I did notice though was how slight Sam Stanton looks. He looks like one of the other players son. I thought Cummings looked noticeably stronger today, Lewis Allan is a big lad and Scott Martin looked quite strong as well. Whilst a lot of good players aren't big most have decent upper body strength, Stanton seems to lack that.

SquashedFrogg
25-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Hard to disagree.

But I'm going to erase this game from my mind. Think we should all do the same.

The seasons not started yet.

I've never once worried about a pre-season friendly and I'm not going to start now.

SquashedFrogg
25-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Not going to do the whole ratings thing. Today was garbage and everyone know it.

One thing.I did notice though was how slight Sam Stanton looks. He looks like one of the other players son. I thought Cummings looked noticeably stronger today, Lewis Allan is a big lad and Scott Martin looked quite strong as well. Whilst a lot of good players aren't big most have decent upper body strength, Stanton seems to lack that.

Thought that myself. Another year on and he looked more confident/stronger.

A big player for us this year.

Saw him pointing and guiding young Allen at times which is a good sign of his mentality (maturing well)

Crammond Hibee
25-07-2015, 06:59 PM
He went off after 20 odd mins, and whilst scuffed one over the bar, looked strong and direct.

You give no explanation to any of your posts (right or wrong)

I'm just not convinced

He went off yet again!
Good technical ability but little heart.
He didn't look fit on this occasion.
He seems to give up far too easily.
In my opinion he had 2 decent chances
Which were poor efforts
When he went off we had to rely on you Lewis who is not nearly ready

SquashedFrogg
25-07-2015, 07:01 PM
He went off yet again!
Which were poor efforts
When he went off we had to rely on you Lewis who is not nearly ready

He did go off
Great technical ability (heart is subjective)
He wasn't
He doesn't
He didn't
One was
Agreed

Johnny_Leith
25-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Everyone was poor with Cummings probably the best of a bad bunch. Even then on Fyvies 3v2 break he should have been dragging the defender wide instead of running across Fyvie giving him no option but to pass to Malonga.

Don't start me on Malonga, IMO faked injury.

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2015, 07:04 PM
He went off yet again!
Which were poor efforts
When he went off we had to rely on you Lewis who is not nearly readyCan't believe you are actually blaming him for getting injured from a foul by a Rangers player. Mind-blowing.

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Everyone was poor with Cummings probably the best of a bad bunch. Even then on Fyvies 3v2 break he should have been dragging the defender wide instead of running across Fyvie giving him no option but to pass to Malonga.

Don't start me on Malonga, IMO faked injury.Why would he fake injury when we're 1-0 up and playing well? He clearly got fouled early on and was struggling. Absolutely embarrassing claim.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2015, 07:05 PM

He didn't fake injury.

He picked up a knock during the week and would hav been unlikely to play today if we had any other options.

Johnny_Leith
25-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Why would he fake injury when we're 1-0 up and playing well? He clearly got fouled early on and was struggling. Absolutely embarrassing claim.

Not the first time he's came off after missing a good chance.

Was moving fine despite being fouled in the first couple of minutes then missed a chance and played a few shocking passes. Cue the hobbling about and needing subbed.

The guys attitude is odd to say the least which makes me doubt him. As the old saying goes, I wouldn't want him in the trenches with me!

SquashedFrogg
25-07-2015, 07:11 PM

This is true but for Cummings I put it down to inexperience. Fyvie should have taken it further and looked for a gap or wait for a gap to open up :agree:

Best to learn in a pre-season friendly I think

Johnny_Leith
25-07-2015, 07:13 PM
This is true but for Cummings I put it down to inexperience. Fyvie should have taken it further and looked for a gap or wait for a gap to open up :agree:

Best to learn in a pre-season friendly I think

Agreed. As others have pointed out I was impressed with Cummings physical presence today and looked a bit quicker than last season. Going to be a big player for us this year.

Fair play for taking the pen, especially after v Hamilton.

gegs70
25-07-2015, 08:11 PM

Subs:

I thought that Martin played well bags of energy. Stanton looked jaded in 2nd as did Fyvie which resulted in them not getting back into position. Rangers used their wide players well Wallace and Templeton were quite high up the pitch and found bags of space. It kind off pulled as out of shape and perhaps midfield didn't cover as quickly. Up front Cummings was excellent...Malonga was poor, Lewis Allen for me needs game time he was at times a good half a yard off pace....Forster injury didn't help neither did oxley, he's he got more to offer???

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2015, 10:18 PM
:agree:

Like the game - totally pointless

I'd rather people start slaughtering our players (the team we support) at the end of the season.

We need to 'support' our team and our team need our 'support'.

One meaningless friendly doe snot make a season

Well its not really pointless is it ...... Its just my take on todays performance just like after any game. As it is I didn't slaughter anybody, in fact the only two players I was tough on were Oxley .. who is an experienced keeper and IMO can do a lot better and Malonga ... even then it was to express my annoyance that a game hardly goes by without him limping about at some point during it and half the time having to come off, it happens so often that its becoming a joke.

Greenworld
26-07-2015, 07:28 AM
malonga is a chancer im loosing count of how many great counter attacks are ruined by his final ball decision more worrying is the apparent lack of fitness of the team

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk