PDA

View Full Version : Lets get out of this division..

rcarter1
25-07-2015, 04:29 PM
To the Hibs team: Today is done and dusted, and thankfully we won't have to concern ourselves with a tournament we shouldn't be playing in. You're playing for Hibs, and we shouldn't be in this division. We're an SPL team - Get us the hell out of here!!! :agree:

jacomo
25-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Agreed. No points dropped today, at least.

Hibernia&Alba
25-07-2015, 04:38 PM
It won't be easy, but it needs to happen. Two years in the Championship is more than enough. We'll need to be ready come the start of the league and make a good start, so as to avoid a repeat of last season, when we were never in the contest for automatic promotion.

scuttle
25-07-2015, 04:41 PM
After todays effort its going to be through the playoffs or league reconstruction IMHO

Hibernia&Alba
25-07-2015, 04:45 PM
After todays effort its going to be through the playoffs or league reconstruction IMHO

Let's not go overboard, scuttle. As bad as today was, a ball hasn't been kicked yet in the league campaign, and things can look very different very quickly. Naturally things look bleak straight after the final whistle of a result like today's, but let's wait and see. The Rangers are going to be the challenge.

25-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Let's not go overboard, scuttle. As bad as today was, a ball hasn't been kicked yet in the league campaign, and things can look very different very quickly. Naturally things look bleak straight after the final whistle of a result like today's, but let's wait and see. The Rangers are going to be the challenge.

Exactly. Today was a disappointing result and it will obviously give rangers a massive boost going into the new season. But time to put it behind us and move on, at least the petrofac cup is now out the way (we don't need any extra games added to our season).

Big big season ahead. The huns have shown that they are going to be a difficult challenge but once we have players fit again we should be able to trouble them again.

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Yeh ..... Screw today, an unacceptable result in any circumstances but its done, lets hope the next time we meet its a very different Hibs team. One things for sure, we now have a bloody point to prove.

Franck Stanton
25-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Football fans eh, there's naebody like them. At final whistle today there were some falling just short of slashing their wrists, most very angry, some saying "I'll never be back" "Disgraceful," "Embarrassed" etc etc [and they are the ones I can write about without being censored], now, a matter of hours later we have posters saying " forget it, at least we didn't lose any points, it was a diddy cup anyway and we don't need any extra games. [All valid enough points], come Wednesday [at latest] and most of us will once again be upbeat and actually looking forward to the Montrose cup-tie. We football supporters really are a resiliant lot, as the song says ---"I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down.....]. Oh the joys of being a football supporter.

Soldiersteve
25-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Football fans eh, there's naebody like them. At final whistle today there were some falling just short of slashing their wrists, most very angry, some saying "I'll never be back" "Disgraceful," "Embarrassed" etc etc [and they are the ones I can write about without being censored], now, a matter of hours later we have posters saying " forget it, at least we didn't lose any points, it was a diddy cup anyway and we don't need any extra games. [All valid enough points], come Wednesday [at latest] and most of us will once again be upbeat and actually looking forward to the Montrose cup-tie. We football supporters really are a resiliant lot, as the song says ---"I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down.....]. Oh the joys of being a football supporter.

Grumpy, I wasn't there today but like you, I've seen a few hammering in my time! Like you, I'll be back for more....

Spike Mandela
25-07-2015, 07:15 PM
The problem today isn't the effect it will have on Hibs, we'll get that sorted on the training ground and when the new signings come in should kick on.

The big problem is the massive boost it has givien Rangers, their players and their fans. Their tails will be up and it could see their season tickets going up as a result as well.

Massive own goal today Hibs.

SonOfDavidFrancey
25-07-2015, 09:29 PM
But these things work both ways. If they believe it's going to be a pleasure cruise then so much the better.

JJP
25-07-2015, 09:52 PM
But these things work both ways. If they believe it's going to be a pleasure cruise then so much the better.

They certainly do. Some of them are even going on about how any honest Celtic fans will be worried after their performance today.:greengrin