PDA

View Full Version : The next week

Hibeesmad
25-07-2015, 03:24 PM
The club need to sort whatever is going on at the moment within the next week and fix the problem which is growing. No doubt the Allan saga has created a difficult atmosphere to work within and this needs to be addressed. If Allan has handed in a transfer request or asked to leave then get the best deal possible and let him go- preferably anyone but Rangers. I hate the thought of him going or wanting to go because he is our best player and he is an absolute pleasure to watch but if his attitude or 'request' is affecting the rest of the team then we need to clear the air and replace him with the money we get for him with players of similar talent or potential to help us achieve our target for the upcoming season. However, if he does want to stay and stick by what he said a month ago then he personally needs to come out and say that he does not want to leave the club at this moment in time. We need to get things fixed because that didn't look like a team full of confidence and passion from the end of last season and we as fans deserve better than this, and one player shouldn't ruin that for us.

Franck Stanton
25-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Stubbs on BBC newsfeed stating Allan is going nowhere - def not to rangers - timed at 1556hrs today. [after game]

NOLA
25-07-2015, 04:33 PM
it might not be affecting scott allan but the rest of the team maybe thinking hes offski and are distracted, no excuse though for that performance, outfought, too easily beaten.

Hibstrooper
25-07-2015, 04:37 PM
The Rangers have played a blinder here in unsettling Hibs, probably the best they've ever played in their history.

It's frustrating as it negates any advantage we hoped to seek from being better prepared, now it's just s heads up battle. Our first 30 mins with half a team against their best 11 suggests to me we might just be ok

Ozyhibby
25-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Anyone got a link to Stubbs interview?

Hibeewilly
26-07-2015, 04:46 AM
The Rangers have played a blinder here in unsettling Hibs, probably the best they've ever played in their history.

It's frustrating as it negates any advantage we hoped to seek from being better prepared, now it's just s heads up battle. Our first 30 mins with half a team against their best 11 suggests to me we might just be ok
I have said for the past 2 weeks we are nowhere near as well prepared as people keep saying we are. We are short of two midfield players and a striker. Its the same defence and attack as last year and the new signings we have made haven't kicked a ball. We are not remotely prepared!! And the goalie. ................???????

Ozyhibby
26-07-2015, 08:44 AM
I'm not that worried about the defence as they were pretty solid last season over the piece, although it's a real shame that whenever they do get it wrong, they don't have a goalie that helps them out a bit more. Last season they only conceded 6 more than Hearts and were 2nd best in the League.
It's midfield and attack that need massive improvement. Even yesterday if we had taken our chances early on we would have been 3 up before Sevco got going. It was a problem all last season and was the main difference between us and the yams. We need that sorted sharpish. I think we need a goal scoring midfielder, someone who gets into the box more.
We also need another striker. Malonga is just not good enough and I don't think we can count on Farid getting fit. We have a lot to do this week.

The Leith Dutch
26-07-2015, 09:54 AM
I have said for the past 2 weeks we are nowhere near as well prepared as people keep saying we are. We are short of two midfield players and a striker. Its the same defence and attack as last year and the new signings we have made haven't kicked a ball. We are not remotely prepared!! And the goalie. ................???????

A little harsh no?

Oxley isn't the greatest keeper and by all accounts had a bit of a 'mare yesterday but I'll lay money on it not being the goalkeeping position that's at fault if we don't go up.

You could make an argument that we haven't signed the right strikers but we're certainly not short a striker - we have 4 senior players in that position and any one of them could be starting picks regardless of whether they're all fit.

Midfield wise Allan, Carmichael, Fyvie, Bartley compared to last season Allan, Fyvie, Craig, Robertson and McGeough leaves us one short.
Also depends where you see Boyle - for me he's a wide midfield in a very attacking line up against anyone bar sevco.

Injury wise it's far from ideal I'll give you that but we have 4 and a bit weeks to get enough of them right for the next hun game.