PDA

View Full Version : Ready for the new season?

Ozyhibby
25-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Are we?
Last year it was Hearts who had a head start despite only coming out of admin weeks before.
This year Sevco have a head start despite replacing their whole team in just two weeks.
You have to ask, wtf have we been doing again this year? What was accomplished in la manga except a load of injuries?
Why have we not seen any new signings?
Wtf is going on Hibs?

Allant1981
25-07-2015, 01:53 PM
I think we will be fine come next week and the season ahead, today was a very poor performance and cant get away from that but there is a big difference between rangers and the rest of them

Heisenberg
25-07-2015, 01:54 PM
We are weaker than last season at the moment. No question about it. Also looked horrendously unfit.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2015, 01:56 PM
It's a one word answer.

No.

Ozyhibby
25-07-2015, 01:57 PM
We are weaker than last season at the moment. No question about it. Also looked horrendously unfit.

That's what's really worrying. Sports science guys have questions to answer, like why are we picking up all these muscle injuries?

Tyler Durden
25-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Are we?
Last year it was Hearts who had a head start despite only coming out of admin weeks before.
This year Sevco have a head start despite replacing their whole team in just two weeks.
You have to ask, wtf have we been doing again this year? What was accomplished in la manga except a load of injuries?
Wtf is going on Hibs?

Maybe you should jack it in and give us all peace

Borderhibbie76
25-07-2015, 02:00 PM
The injuries are a massive concern...I feared that result today when I got to ER and saw the team we had out...made worse by more injuries to forster and malonga. Both Martin and l Allan tried hard but looked way out their depth out there

Ozyhibby
25-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Maybe you should jack it in and give us all peace

There are lots of other websites out there if you don't want to read about Hibs.

R'Albin
25-07-2015, 02:04 PM
It's a one word answer.

No.

The optimist in me thinks it's two words - not yet.

GreenCastle
25-07-2015, 02:06 PM
100% no.

7 injuries now and the youngsters aren't at the level yet to make a big difference.

Sir David Gray
25-07-2015, 02:08 PM
Shocker of a defeat.

I was expecting to lose today but never in my worst nightmares was I expecting to lose six goals today.

Make no mistake, that was a humping at home against our biggest rivals and it's a big reminder that we have a lot of work to do to meet our target of winning the league.

Still in shock.

Ronniekirk
25-07-2015, 07:06 PM

No doubt we looked less sharp second half ,But was that fitness or more we seemed to collectively collapse as a team and ended up with players probably shell shocked and just losing shape and getting dragged about as they grew in confidence and passed well
The cat mentioned they were doing triple training sessions and working hard on fitness and breaking quickly from the back Thought thier no 2 Taverner ? Looked a player strength ,pace ,direct ,able to go by players ,and was it him that scored first with great free kick

gegs70
26-07-2015, 11:39 PM
The injuries are a massive concern...I feared that result today when I got to ER and saw the team we had out...made worse by more injuries to forster and malonga. Both Martin and l Allan tried hard but looked way out their depth out there

I honestly think Scott Martingale be good for us, he did really well in first half but like stanton tired on the second half and perhaps needed to be replaced but the damage was done.

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2015, 07:19 AM
Are we?
Wtf is going on Hibs?

Who got injured in La Manga. You really are Mr happy aren't you?

Ozyhibby
27-07-2015, 07:45 AM
Who got injured in La Manga. You really are Mr happy aren't you?

I Cannae help it. I've mellowed again since Saturday and I'm back to thinking we'll win the league.
If there are no signings this week then by Friday I'll be back in panic mode.
[emoji3]

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2015, 07:58 AM
I Cannae help it. I've mellowed again since Saturday and I'm back to thinking we'll win the league.
If there are no signings this week then by Friday I'll be back in panic mode.
[emoji3]

You will be happier this week, know that for sure:wink:

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2015, 08:00 AM
Right now we are stockpiled with injuries, need a couple of key signings and aren't match sharp; but we should still have enough to beat most teams in this division. We must make a better start than last season regardless of circumstances.

andrew70
27-07-2015, 08:08 AM
The 'fitness' issue was more a mental one rather than any physical concern.

A mental fatigue that can be directly related to the game Rangers played and I am not talking about on the pitch.

The Huns succeeded in doing exactly what they wanted and that was to get under our skins, upset our preparations and cast some doubt in our mind. We have not suddenly became a bad side but we must bounce back this weekend at home to Montrose.

First of all we need to move on the S.A. situation if he goes then we deal with that when it happens until then he's a HIbs player and we should enjoy him as he's a tlent but more importantly we can't continue to let the Huns and their fans in the press ruin our season like we let them do last week.

It's time to stand up to them and I am glad we have guys like Stubbs and Dempster in place, they won't let **** like that win over a period of time. I am sure of that.

I still think we are a LB, CMx2/x3 if S.A. leaves and a winger away from being the finished article but I seen enough in 30 mins before we crumbled to know that once we get some of these guys in and our injured players back to know that we will win the league.

Rangers and their fans will think they are on their way to domination but we will be a completely different animal by the time we face them at Ibrox on the 23rd of August.

Diamond formation:

Oxley
Gray Hanlon Fontaine New LB
Bartley
Fyvie Allan
Carmichael
Keatings Malonga

27-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Of course we aren't ready - we have many players out injured but thats not the clubs fault. None of our new signings have had proper game time so haven't been able to gel with the team.

Unseen work
27-07-2015, 02:18 PM
I can't think of many teams who will have so many key players injured for the majority of pre season. Hasn't gave Stubbs a chance to try find his best team or different tactics/formations with in that team.

Unseen work
27-07-2015, 02:19 PM

Go on then, give us a clue

jacomo
27-07-2015, 03:13 PM
I can't think of many teams who will have so many key players injured for the majority of pre season. Hasn't gave Stubbs a chance to try find his best team or different tactics/formations with in that team.

It's a big dose of bad luck but at least there are players who will come into the squad and make us stronger.

I think it will be ok - but we've still got another month of transfer speculation to go. Arghh!

silverhibee
27-07-2015, 04:11 PM

I really can't believe he started the game, once the players had done the handshake at the start of the game, he limped over to the East side of the pitch, it was so obvious he was carrying a knock and he went off in the 1st half injured.

bingo70
27-07-2015, 05:00 PM

Without comparing we didn't seen to have many friendlies either. Even if the whole squad was fit Stubbs would have still struggled to do that and give everyone game time.

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Go on then, give us a clue

Lionel Blair

PISTOL1875
27-07-2015, 05:16 PM
The 'fitness' issue was more a mental one rather than any physical concern.

A mental fatigue that can be directly related to the game Rangers played and I am not talking about on the pitch.

The Huns succeeded in doing exactly what they wanted and that was to get under our skins, upset our preparations and cast some doubt in our mind. We have not suddenly became a bad side but we must bounce back this weekend at home to Montrose.

First of all we need to move on the S.A. situation if he goes then we deal with that when it happens until then he's a HIbs player and we should enjoy him as he's a tlent but more importantly we can't continue to let the Huns and their fans in the press ruin our season like we let them do last week.

It's time to stand up to them and I am glad we have guys like Stubbs and Dempster in place, they won't let **** like that win over a period of time. I am sure of that.

I still think we are a LB, CMx2/x3 if S.A. leaves and a winger away from being the finished article but I seen enough in 30 mins before we crumbled to know that once we get some of these guys in and our injured players back to know that we will win the league.

Rangers and their fans will think they are on their way to domination but we will be a completely different animal by the time we face them at Ibrox on the 23rd of August.

Diamond formation:

Oxley
Gray Hanlon Fontaine New LB
Bartley
Fyvie Allan
Carmichael
Keatings Malonga

oh god no..:confused::confused:

Lago
27-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Your a tease.

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Your a tease.

Someone said on another thread that I was aggressive and must be a joy to live with, now I am a tease:greengrin

Maybe I am bi-polar?:agree:

The_Horde
27-07-2015, 09:11 PM

SA contract extension?...

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2015, 09:13 PM
SA contract extension?...

More chance of me marrying Mila Kunis:rolleyes::rolleyes:

S4uzee
27-07-2015, 09:23 PM
Someone said on another thread that I was aggressive and must be a joy to live with, now I am a tease:greengrin

Maybe I am bi-polar?:agree:

You say you don't like the "look at me" posts then you say that 😂

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2015, 09:27 PM
You say you don't like the "look at me" posts then you say that 

Aye, but which one of me said it?

S4uzee
27-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Aye, but which one of me said it?

I was meaning the post regarding you knowing about signings

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2015, 10:10 PM