PDA

View Full Version : Wake-up call

Smartie
25-07-2015, 01:33 PM
At the end of the day we've been knocked out of the diddiest of diddy cups, one that I couldn't care less about Hibs winning.

The Rangers have been given a boost to their confidence today which is disappointing.

But sometimes you have to take positives from bad defeats. As long as we learn from it I don't care that we've lost that game.

It is very worrying that we defended as badly as we did, especially with our first-choice goalkeepers and defenders all playing.

We need to take our chances when we're on top - which we were for more than half an hour.

They looked fitter than us which is inexcusable at this stage, although we still have time before the league begins to shape up.

We can't let the Scott Allan saga continue to hang over us. If he's going to go, he needs to go asap but absolutely not to them.

This is a MASSIVE season for us and sloppiness anywhere must not be tolerated. There was plenty of it on show today and I would like to think that today might be the kick up the backside that we needed.

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 01:36 PM
The Rangers are miles ahead of us in fitness. Our pre season has been piss poor. We should have been playing teams who are much better than us keeping us sharp. No we played a handful of crap!!!

Stubbs I've backed from day one but to lose at home 2-6 to them is horrific! He needs to sort this out and get some more new players in.

One Day Soon
25-07-2015, 01:38 PM
I'm afraid Stubbs is talking pi5h on the radio right now. 'It was never a 6-2 game'. Ok Alan.

hibees 7062
25-07-2015, 01:38 PM
The Rangers are miles ahead of us in fitness. Our pre season has been piss poor. We should have been playing teams who are much better than us keeping us sharp. No we played a handful of crap!!!

Stubbs I've backed from day one but to lose at home 2-6 to them is horrific! He needs to sort this out and get some more new players in.

Who did they play ?

Jim44
25-07-2015, 01:39 PM
I thought we looked very good for 30 minutes and I think skill and ability is not our problem. It's down to confidence and fitness. or lack of it.

Steve20
25-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Wake up call? No, it's a poor manager with players that failed last season.

And this isn't a knee jerk reaction. I've said all along Stubbs' overall results have been poor.

Boyle89
I'm afraid Stubbs is talking pi5h on the radio right now. 'It was never a 6-2 game'. Ok Alan.

I can see where he's coming from tbh. We missed good chances and they scored all of theirs. Shocking defending today though, and I hope, behind closed doors he makes them aware that what we just saw isn't even professional standard football.

R'Albin

I don't think it was to be honest. However that could have easily been rectified by signing a better keeper, IMO.

By no means was he the only person responsible, but he was the most IMO.

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Who did they play ?

They played a very good Burnley side. Who did we play??

Lago
25-07-2015, 01:43 PM
We were patting ourselves on the back getting our transfer business done early along with warm weather training in La Manga, but we seem to be where we were last season well behind our main rival. Main worry is while that was not our strongest 11 it was our strongest defence.
I would say that SA is not going to win the league for hibs if surrounded by the players which featured with him today. Stubbs really has his work cut out now I would suggest and maybe not too long to do it, how players can be unfit at this point of the season just baffles me.

Hannah_hfc
25-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Stubbs & Co need a long hard look at the squad we have and their ambitions for this season. Number of injuries is not good enough, lack of cover is not good enough, today was not good enough!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 01:44 PM

And this isn't a knee jerk reaction. I've said all along Stubbs' overall results have been poor.

Well that's not true though is it!! We finished second last season so his win ratio must have been alright??

R'Albin
25-07-2015, 01:45 PM

Stubbs has a lot of flaws, but he certainly isn't a poor manager.

WillowbraeHibby
25-07-2015, 01:46 PM

:agree: Unfortunately, I tend to agree. Would loved to be proved wrong, but not overly confident for the season ahead.

B.H.F.C
We were patting ourselves on the back getting our transfer business done early along with warm weather training in La Manga, but we seem to be where we were last season well behind our main rival. Main worry is while that was not our strongest 11 it was our strongest defence.
I would say that SA is not going to win the league for hibs if surrounded by the players which featured with him today. Stubbs really has his work cut out nos I would suggest.

Stubbs may have his work cut out but he has generally been very well backed. Today was unacceptable. He has had plenty time to build yet we are in a worse position than we were on the last day of last season. And Rangers have improved a lot.

BoomtownHibees

Not knee jerk?? You sure?

Strange comments about Stubbs

KiddA
25-07-2015, 01:49 PM

He is right I guess it could have been a lot worse

bill the hibby
25-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Stubbs needs to get his head out of his arse, simple as that, a game doesn't finish 6-2 if it wasn't a 6-2 game

hibees 7062
They played a very good Burnley side. Who did we play??

Wigan

Springbank
At 1-0 up we failed to shoot three times when the opportunity arose (2x STANTON and the three-v-two Malonga breakaway)
Fontaine header can be added to that

If there's a wakeup call then it is only as simple as this... Shoot! Shoot! SHOOT!

Being comfy at one nil and on top killed us last season when we then conceded

We should have had it wrapped up but we paid the price for not shooting

madhatter
25-07-2015, 01:51 PM
He is right I guess it could have been a lot worse

I think we need to bear in mind that our midfield after Forster's injury became a shambles with Fyvie being the oldest and Scott Allan let's be honest being for large parts of his time invisible.

Wait until we have our injured players back.

Allant1981
25-07-2015, 01:52 PM

In his first season he done ok, finished second in a league that had hearts and rangers, had to start last season with a very thin squad, this season will tell how good a manager he is, to say he is a poor manager is just wrong

Jim44
25-07-2015, 01:53 PM
One of the most worrying things for me was to see Fontaine losing the plot and almost seeming to give up and give the ball away easily. When one of your calmest players looks flustered, you've got problems.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2015, 01:54 PM
That was utter pish.

From the moment they equalised, actually a few minutes before, they settled into the game and we stopped playing. Defensively we were a shambles, we missed chances, nothing stuck up top, midfield was totally overrun especially in the 2nd half, keeper looked like he had been on a 3 day bender, basic errors all over the park.

People can bury their heads in the sand all they like but whilst Rangers looked a team almost ready for a long, tough league campaign we looked a million miles away. New signings Aren't going to save us overnight. A couple of them haven't even completed a single full session yet. Lots of work to do and we are a good few weeks away from being ready. Ridiculous situation to be in with the season already under way and the league season a fortnight away.

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Did I hear right that Stubbs said on the radio 'It wasn't a 6-2 game?' I agree Alan, should have been 7 or 8 😂

For once come out tell the players that wasn't good enough and himself and them need a wake up call.

Tyler Durden
25-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Today we had Hanlon, Stevenson, Fontaine, Gray and Oxley all very very poor. I don't think that's happened before so you either call it a bad day at the office or you look at the fitness levels.

I personally don't think this result has any bearing on the league. Bette to get a wake up call today than 2 weeks from now.

As for folk moaning that we've too many injuries - it's luck FFS! Our squad is in good shape and we'll sign a few more before the end of August. Get a grip of yourselves

Franck Stanton
25-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Okay, was/is a really bad result, however....it is not the final score that worries me, it is the way we capitulated after they equalised. Rangers weren't that good, they didn't have to be, we gifted them goals, a decent keeper would have saved at least 3 of their goals, at the start of the 2nd half and all the way through it we looked as if Stubbs had walked around the pitch at half-time, asked 11 spectators who were wearing hibs tops to play the second half for us. To say we were disorganised is putting it mildly.

MSK
25-07-2015, 02:00 PM
What puzzles me is Bartley, as far as I know he isn't injured but a wee bit behind with his fitness, surely game time is what he needs and the Ayr game and today's would have given him that.

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 02:00 PM
Today we had Hanlon, Stevenson, Fontaine, Gray and Oxley all very very poor. I don't think that's happened before so you either call it a bad day at the office or you look at the fitness levels.

I personally don't think this result has any bearing on the league. Bette to get a wake up call today than 2 weeks from now.

As for folk moaning that we've too many injuries - it's luck FFS! Our squad is in good shape and we'll sign a few more before the end of August. Get a grip of yourselves

Telling folk to get a grip of ourselves after losing 2-6 at home to them is hilarious! It's that attitude that's let this club slide to where it is! FFS We need to compete at least, we have injuries yes is it luck?? I've no idea who will come in but we need 3 at least.

Thankfully it was that cup not the league but doesn't make it any easier to take and Stubbs tactics need questioned after that!

Tyler Durden
25-07-2015, 02:06 PM
Telling folk to get a grip of ourselves after losing 2-6 at home to them is hilarious! It's that attitude that's let this club slide to where it is! FFS We need to compete at least, we have injuries yes is it luck?? I've no idea who will come in but we need 3 at least.

Thankfully it was that cup not the league but doesn't make it any easier to take and Stubbs tactics need questioned after that!

I agree with your point that Stubbs should criticise the players and admit it was an awful performance.

I don't agree with permanently negative posters who say Stubbs is a bad manager, we are not ready for the season, we've no chance of winning the league, why haven't we signed more players etc A mix of attention seekers and manic depressives

hhibs
25-07-2015, 02:06 PM
THe squad is clearly very thin,one look at the team and particularily the bench showed that.

Given the number of injuries we seem to collect and lack of fitness of the squad some questions need to be asked about our training,fitness and health support methods.

Oh and please will someone please train Hibs players what to do with f....ing throw ins........bloody awful ,season after season!

As for the SA factor the we need to move on rapidly we have said we are not selling so get the players we clearly need in NOW.

This was a total showing up,time to sign some winners(preferably Fit and uninjured) on this performance Hibs showing themselves short on trainng,fitness,organisation and commitment and are" not fit for purpose".

The writing is on the wall,we need fixed and quickly or sevco will walk this league.

Tyler Durden
25-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Also agree Stubbs tactics were wrong and should've changed it for 2nd half. And agree that Oxley needs dropped

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 02:09 PM
I agree with your point that Stubbs should criticise the players and admit it was an awful performance.

I don't agree with permanently negative posters who say Stubbs is a bad manager, we are not ready for the season, we've no chance of winning the league, why haven't we signed more players etc A mix of attention seekers and manic depressives

Yeah that isn't good always reading negatives and I still rate Stubbs btw! Long time to go as well but we must hit the ground running this season.

hibby6270
Okay, was/is a really bad result, however....it is not the final score that worries me, it is the way we capitulated after they equalised. Rangers weren't that good, they didn't have to be, we gifted them goals, a decent keeper would have saved at least 3 of their goals, at the start of the 2nd half and all the way through it we looked as if Stubbs had walked around the pitch at half-time, asked 11 spectators who were wearing hibs tops to play the second half for us. To say we were disorganised is putting it mildly.

Agreed. Sums up today's performance perfectly.
Let's hope if was a one off and not an omen for the rest of the season.

Ozyhibby
It's only a wake up call if you act on it. Last seasons slow start should have been a wake up call but obviously wasn't.

Tyler Durden
25-07-2015, 02:11 PM
It's only a wake up call if you act on it. Last seasons slow start should have been a wake up call but obviously wasn't.

That comment will be fair if we lose 4 of our first 6 games. At the moment it's nonsense

Brightside
25-07-2015, 02:13 PM

First half we were very decent. 2nd half we were murder. Forster injury screwed up the shape and Fontaine had a total mare today. Goalie is rotten too but some on here think he's decent??

Franck Stanton
25-07-2015, 02:14 PM
What puzzles me is Bartley, as far as I know he isn't injured but a wee bit behind with his fitness, surely game time is what he needs and the Ayr game and today's would have given him that.

Agree 100% the best way to get up to speed fitness wise is game time. What was wrong in giving him last half hour against, Berwick, Dunfermline and Ayr ? Not as if any of these teams are world beaters and in any case the results in these games didn't matter.

Hibrandenburg
25-07-2015, 02:17 PM
Is that the revolving door starting to creek into motion that I hear?

iwasthere1972
25-07-2015, 02:18 PM
I don't tend to stick the boot in but Oxley is murder. Never had any faith in his goalkeeping abilities. Luckily it was a Diddy cup today.

Hibs1992
25-07-2015, 02:19 PM

You've been chomping at the bit for a negative result so you could get going, eh?

Smartie
25-07-2015, 02:20 PM
I like Stubbs. I think he's an excellent manager and he did well to get us as far as he did last season. All of his early moves this summer suggested that he was aware of our problems creating clear cut chances, taking half chances and killing teams off (we could, again, have been a few up before we let them back into that game today) and so it is unfortunate that he hasn't been able to play his new players today.

My main criticism of him is that I think he is a bit casual and I sometimes detect and air of complacency about him and it really gets on my nerves. The thing that Hearts did last season was to take every single game very seriously indeed. Neilson to me seems like the kind of character that simply would not tolerate slackness that was transmitted to his players and they never let their standards drop (until the league was won). I'm not convinced Stubbs has that same air about him.

What we do not need to hear today is that that wasn't a 6-2 game. It was. We didn't take our chances, we didn't defend well and the scoreline was fully deserved.

He needs to treat today as a wake-up call and he's not the only one. Fontaine - all at sea today. He was immense last season (even though he prone to the odd dodgy performance like today) and he needs to seriously pick himself up - he's a potential POTY but didn't look anything like it today. Stevenson - he HAS to learn to defend better, it looks like a concentration issue. Hanlon started the game very well indeed then went to pieces - what happened? Maybe because these players know that there isn't really anyone waiting in the wings to claim their jerseys means that they think they can get away with performances like that? Malonga - all the ability in the world but his brain is often elsewhere. Try playing like that again when Farid and Keatings are fit. Scott Allan - if you're the player you think you are then you'd be logging onto FollowFollow tonight to find out that they were gushing over your performance and professionalism. Not chuckling at how they nobbled you with their bid then laughing at your half-arsed last half-hour against them.

We've had the fun in La Manga. Now is for some serious work and a bit of soul-searching about what we are looking to achieve this season. I think these players are good enough but they need to show much, much more and we need to get new blood in to complement what we already have but also to push our current players to achieve more.

WestStandhibee
25-07-2015, 02:20 PM
the bed wetting on here right now is frightening

admitedlly battered in the 2nd half, but really who cares about this tournament?

so many posters seem to forget we've 5 first team players out injured right now, but lets not allow that to get in the way of player bashing and writing off our season after 1 game eh..

One Day Soon
25-07-2015, 02:21 PM
You've been chomping at the bit for a negative result so you could get going, eh?

I'd say that being thrashed 2-6 at home to your theoretical direct title competitors immediately prior to the start of the season is more than just a 'negative result'.

Sir David Gray
25-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Still in shock at today's result.

I couldn't care less about losing in the Petrofac Cup but losing 6-2 at home to our biggest rivals is completely unacceptable and it's totally demoralising.

Stubbs has a huge job on his hands if he's to meet the target of winning the league.

Pete
25-07-2015, 02:24 PM
I'd say that being thrashed 2-6 at home to your theoretical direct title competitors immediately prior to the start of the season is more than just a 'negative result'.

It would have the significance you suggest had this been a league game. They were sharper and this will be taken into consideration during the analysis.

Cheer up. We will be up to speed by the time we play them for real.

One Day Soon
25-07-2015, 02:24 PM

admitedlly battered in the 2nd half, but really who cares about this tournament?

so many posters seem to forget we've 5 first team players out injured right now, but lets not allow that to get in the way of player bashing and writing off our season after 1 game eh..

I might be inclined to agree with you if - with those players out - we had still looked like the team we did field was fast, fit, competitive and capable of running Rangers close to at least a draw at home. They looked none of that.

MSK
25-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Agree 100% the best way to get up to speed fitness wise is game time. What was wrong in giving him last half hour against, Berwick, Dunfermline and Ayr ? Not as if any of these teams are world beaters and in any case the results in these games didn't matter.With Craig and Robertson gone I would have thought Bartley would have been given some game time, unless like our other signings he is injured, haven't heard otherwise though.

Hibee Mac
25-07-2015, 02:26 PM
At 1-0 up we failed to shoot three times when the opportunity arose (2x STANTON and the three-v-two Malonga breakaway)

If there's a wakeup call then it is only as simple as this... Shoot! Shoot! SHOOT!

Fully agree, sometimes our players almost seem scared to shoot. Look what happened first time Stanton had a pop on goal! I thought their keeper also looked dreadful today, thought that and stantons goal might have given us some confidence to just have a go from range?

Andy74
25-07-2015, 02:26 PM

There were similar circumstances in the Malmo game including a couple of teenagers in the back 4 but at the end of the day it's also a horrendous result in a competitive game.

Sir David Gray
25-07-2015, 02:27 PM
With Craig and Robertson gone I would have thought Bartley would have been given some game time, unless like our other signings he is injured, haven't heard otherwise though.

I believe he is injured.

One Day Soon
25-07-2015, 02:27 PM
It would have the significance you suggest had this been a league game. They were sharper and this will be taken into consideration during the analysis.

Cheer up. We will be up to speed by the time we play them for real.

It isn't just them we need to worry about - it is every game of the league, which starts in a fortnight. They are clearly well ahead of us for fitness and putting that together with injuries they look much better placed to start the first three or four games with wins than we do. Those points could easily be the difference between winning the league or play offs. The harsh fact is that we are - for a whole range of reasons - not in the place we should be at by now to be mounting a serious title challenge from the first league game onwards.

Smartie
25-07-2015, 02:30 PM

A bit harsh.

There were mitigating circumstances last season. Would you have liked to have inherited Butcher's squad?

We just about made it last year but fell short.

We've been knocked out of a diddy cup - no big deal, but serious questions need to be asked of the squad as result of the way we fell out of the game today.

I think it's a wake-up call, I hope Stubbs does too and if we take heed of it then we might be fine.

Sir David Gray
25-07-2015, 02:31 PM
A bit harsh.

There were mitigating circumstances last season. Would you have liked to have inherited Butcher's squad?

We just about made it last year but fell short.

We've been knocked out of a diddy cup - no big deal, but serious questions need to be asked of the squad as result of the way we fell out of the game today.

I think it's a wake-up call, I hope Stubbs does too and if we take heed of it then we might be fine.

We didn't just lose in a diddy cup, we got humped by our biggest rivals.

Pete
25-07-2015, 02:35 PM
It isn't just them we need to worry about - it is every game of the league, which starts in a fortnight. They are clearly well ahead of us for fitness and putting that together with injuries they look much better placed to start the first three or four games with wins than we do. Those points could easily be the difference between winning the league or play offs. The harsh fact is that we are - for a whole range of reasons - not in the place we should be at by now to be mounting a serious title challenge from the first league game onwards.

Well let's see how we get on in the first few games then. I'm not going to make any judgements or have any idea of what our chances are until then.

Smartie
25-07-2015, 02:37 PM

I know.

Would you have preferred to edge them out today then get pumped by them in the league in August?

If there's one game I'll accept getting pumped by them this season then it is in the Petrofac Cup. Yes, it would have been better to play well, lay down a marker and dent their confidence but it didn't happen. The best thing we can now do is to do our best to learn from it.

It doesn't matter how well or badly we play, if we lose to them on 23rd August I'll be spewing. And I'll be much the same if we drop any points to Dumbarton or Morton in our first 2 league games.

Pete
25-07-2015, 02:39 PM

Are you suggesting this game will have a negative mental effect on the players? If you are I disagree as I believe we will analyse the game, look at the problems and sort them.

..or are you speaking as a rather pissed off fan. :-)

RedHibby
25-07-2015, 02:46 PM
I can not get my head round the fact the new signings that have not kicked a ball in anger are injured/not fit.

high bee
25-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Time to wake up indeed.

Drop Oxley,
Get fitness levels up,
Sign some more players

And for God sake will someone tell our midfielders to shoot. Stanton showed what happens when you have a go.

I can see Stubbs point about not being a 6-2 game. We looked good for 30 mins and they didn't have a look in. Same old story for us, we dominate and score 1 if we're lucky, other team dominates and puts the game to bed (or in the case of smaller teams they get one chance and score)

gaz1875
25-07-2015, 02:48 PM

Absolutely even towards the end Martin right through the middle and passed rather than shoot. Our failings last season will be our failing this season very few shots at goal and even less on target!! :rolleyes:

The Leith Dutch
25-07-2015, 02:48 PM
Lost the diddy cup tie to them last season - albeit not as one sided - but won three out of four in the league.

Not happy about today but I reckoned yesterday we have a better starting XI than them and not changing that on one result.
Don't know enough to comment on their strength in depth but given their finances doubt it's anything to write home about.

****** it - take our licks, accept we were outplayed and get 9 points on the board before the ibrokes game.

high bee
25-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Are you suggesting this game will have a negative mental effect on the players? If you are I disagree as I believe we will analyse the game, look at the problems and sort them.

That's a tough one ad I can see both sides.

They should be embarrassed and champing at the bit to play those bar stewards again for some redemption. That's the mentality of winners.

Then it could be that the confidence has gone and we go into the next game against them so scared of a hiding that we gift them the game. As much as I want us to be strong mentally, nothing I saw today suggests our heads are I the right place. This is something we need to sort as much as anything else.

gaz1875
25-07-2015, 02:52 PM

Hanlon? I thought he was okay, you could throw in Fyvie to your list, superb display of standing off players and ball watching.

QMU-1875
25-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Main mistake made by Stubbs here is the amount of friendliest we played and the quality of the opposition. We played a piss poor friendly against Dunfermline and then half a side against Ayr united. Not good enough. As for Oxley and that back 4... Every time a ball went over the top they got caught out. So so poor

Greenworld
25-07-2015, 02:55 PM
Hanlon? I thought he was okay, you could throw in Fyvie to your list, superb display of standing off players and ball watching.
Hanlon gave away foul for first goal when no need......Hanlon didnt cut out cross for second goal when he should have......so game turned massively on his poor play....and not for the first time .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

tamig
25-07-2015, 02:56 PM

Wouldn't expect anything less from you bud. Consistent as ever.

Lago
25-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Well let's see how we get on in the first few games then. I'm not going to make any judgements or have any idea of what our chances are until then.
Like last season league could be lost in those first 3 to 4 games if we lose the .

gaz1875
25-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Hanlon gave away foul for first goal when no need......Hanlon didnt cut out cross for second goal when he should have......so game turned massively on his poor play....and not for the first time .

That was the first tackle he missed unfortunately led to the goal, Stevenson was more at fault with the 2nd?

GreenCastle
25-07-2015, 03:03 PM
More goals lost just before and after half time.

Last season this was a big problem - especially early and late 2nd half.

We were fine for 30 mins then fell apart.

Frustrating for more injuries - 7 players now out injured.

Reminds me of Malmo and we all know how that season went..

Not end of the world but sevco are definitely favourites for the league - it's up to us to show them otherwise. Will take a while for us to get our injured players back !

Losing 6 goals at home to anyone is a disgrace.

Pete
25-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Like last season league could be lost in those first 3 to 4 games if we lose the .

Again...let's see how we do. I'm not sure our start will be as bad as last season.

Sir David Gray
25-07-2015, 03:05 PM

Undoubtedly.

Greenworld
25-07-2015, 03:06 PM
That was the first tackle he missed unfortunately led to the goal, Stevenson was more at fault with the 2nd?
But you cant miss them there mate youve got to make these.....in that area especially .....im not scapegoating paul the team collapsed....the manager and his team need to wake up......it was like their batteries ran out in the second half.
They are not fit enough not by miles

Lago
25-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Again...let's see how we do. I'm not sure our start will be as bad as last season.
Truely I hope your right, other wise I can see hibs stuck in this division for years to come.

Pete
25-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Undoubtedly.

It might have a short term effect but by the time we play the zombies again it will be addressed and we should have some confidence from wins under our belt.

familyman
25-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Yes Ken Dodd looks fitter than Hibs in this diddy cup tie.
An absolute shambles in defence,we miss Dylan for certain.While we have a few players out, it is the defence especially Stevenson whose distribution and positioning was shocking.Oxley though lost goals he should never have lost and we need to get our other keeper set up for next week..In a season where we MUST hit the ground running we must also take the ball with us!!!!It is no use at all winning against so called weaker sides if we freeze or as today just stop playing and give up..Stubbs has a lot to prove as we failed last year and on this early form he has loads of work to do...Training in Spain does not seem to have given us any edge, we ran out of steam ,but for me more to the point we ran out of enthusiasm and drive..we got what we deserved AND IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.Deflated by S A maybe moving is not an excuse for professional players.If he goes he goes somewhere else though.The ease with which he glides past players is a joy to behold ,we have no-one else that can do that!
Opening 30 mins same old story of missed chances, Stanton took his goal well but other than that usual stuff.Trying to be objective it became almost target practise for Rangers at one point in second half...Get that team playing AS A TEAM and for 90 minutes...
shocker.
I am really angry by that performance..
Sorry to say that.

At the end of the day we've been knocked out of the diddiest of diddy cups, one that I couldn't care less about Hibs winning.

The Rangers have been given a boost to their confidence today which is disappointing.

But sometimes you have to take positives from bad defeats. As long as we learn from it I don't care that we've lost that game.

It is very worrying that we defended as badly as we did, especially with our first-choice goalkeepers and defenders all playing.

We need to take our chances when we're on top - which we were for more than half an hour.

They looked fitter than us which is inexcusable at this stage, although we still have time before the league begins to shape up.

We can't let the Scott Allan saga continue to hang over us. If he's going to go, he needs to go asap but absolutely not to them.

This is a MASSIVE season for us and sloppiness anywhere must not be tolerated. There was plenty of it on show today and I would like to think that today might be the kick up the backside that we needed.

Ricky Bobby
25-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Individual mistakes from defenders cost us dear today, but i don't think we were up to the job in the middle of the park. With the signing of a couple of midfielders before the window shuts we will be in a much better position to compete.
Also felt we were a bit undercooked today. A couple more pre season games before today would surely have helped.

MSK
25-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Main mistake made by Stubbs here is the amount of friendliest we played and the quality of the opposition. We played a piss poor friendly against Dunfermline and then half a side against Ayr united. Not good enough. As for Oxley and that back 4... Every time a ball went over the top they got caught out. So so poorPlaying against lesser opposition gives the team more ball time and allows for tactical decisions/ formations, would you rather we played against Real Madrid or Barcelona so we could be systematically destroyed ?

gaz1875
25-07-2015, 03:17 PM
But you cant miss them there mate youve got to make these.....in that area especially .....im not scapegoating paul the team collapsed....the manager and his team need to wake up......it was like their batteries ran out in the second half.
They are not fit enough not by miles

Not saying he should, defenders give fouls in dangerous places, the free kick was top corner whether it should have been saved or not, placed perfectly. They are definitely miles off fitness wise, and with so many players now injured we could be in for a very poor start to the season :rolleyes:

Greenworld
25-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Not saying he should, defenders give fouls in dangerous places, the free kick was top corner whether it should have been saved or not, placed perfectly. They are definitely miles off fitness wise, and with so many players now injured we could be in for a very poor start to the season :rolleyes:
Agree [emoji3]

Deansy
25-07-2015, 03:26 PM
2-3 players with 'Bottle' desperately needed - sadly I'm struggling to recall any recent Hibs-players having that on their CV !!. Even 2-3 players with a wee bit of 'Pride in themselves' would do - the type of players who would NEVER allow such a shameful result !'Diddy-cup' or not, that result stands-up - unlike 95% of our team today !!

We need players who hate these **** as much as we do !!

25-07-2015, 03:27 PM
I couldn't care less that we are out that cup, in fact i'm actually quite glad it's out the way, we don't need any extra games in such an important season. However, it gives sevco a big psychological boost going into the new season and such a convincing win will no doubt have them brimming with confidence.

A bad run up to the season but we absolutely cannot afford to let this stifle our preparation. We have to learn from today.

Hibernia&Alba
25-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Lots of hard work ahead, lots of improvement needed. Let's not panic; today was unacceptable, but may indeed prove a valuable wake up call. We have injuries, but the squad also needs additions.

kaimendhibs
25-07-2015, 04:26 PM
More goals lost just before and after half time.

Last season this was a big problem - especially early and late 2nd half.

We were fine for 30 mins then fell apart.

Frustrating for more injuries - 7 players now out injured.

Reminds me of Malmo and we all know how that season went..

Not end of the world but sevco are definitely favourites for the league - it's up to us to show them otherwise. Will take a while for us to get our injured players back !

Losing 6 goals at home to anyone is a disgrace.
👏

jacomo
25-07-2015, 04:32 PM

Is it possible that we've been preparing our players for a long season by working them very hard, and this base fitness will show?

I was impressed by our form post New Year last season, compared to the usual Hibs January slump.

I certainly hope so.

SquashedFrogg
25-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Lots of hard work ahead, lots of improvement needed. Let's not panic; today was unacceptable, but may indeed prove a valuable wake up call. We have injuries, but the squad also needs additions.

Whilst obviously disappointed today, walking back to the car with mates and the young lad I tried to put the game into perspective.

A few first teamers missing due to injury and the Scott Allan situation played a big part. Added to losing Malonga early and Forster. We lost something when Malonga went off and lacked depth to change things about. I'd have liked to have played Allan from the start.

A few strength Hibs would've hammered them. Could've/should've been 3 up after 30 mins.

Today also confirmed that I hate sevco more than the yams. Still find it astonishing that 3500 people can chant sectarian songs in 2015 and nothing happens about it? Disgrace. Something needs to be done, especially when you think children are hearing that bile.

Allan can leave if he wants but at our price and not to them. If he becomes a free agent in Jan, I'm certain that bigger clubs will be interested. I'd happily lose him on freedom of contract for nowt than him play for that mob ever.

emerald green
25-07-2015, 04:52 PM

Na, they will no doubt be brimming over with confidence after that display, and a 2-6 horsing like that, on their own pitch. :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2015, 05:04 PM
I said on another thread that I wasn't impressed with our pre season friendlies. The defence was a shambles at times today, strolling it for 90 minutes against Dunfermline and Ayr Utd isn't ideal preparation IMO and it showed.

The Huns did look fitter all over the park and the question has to be asked .... why?

I'm not wetting the bed over this result .... Having so many first pick options out injured is unfortunate and in no way helped us and at least it means we still have more to come .... but ye gods the sooner they are all fit the better, with hopefully another couple of decent players added before the window shuts.

Just a few things from the under 10s coaching manual the senior team seem to have forgotten:

1) .... If the defence has parted like the Red Sea and you are 18 yards out FFS shoot !!! ..... how many times today?

2) .... If you have set a player free to hit a low cross into the box at least one of your strikers should be heading for the near post ... at least 3 times in the 2nd half we got into that position and the ball was cleared by the Huns centre half from the middle of the 6 yard box without a Hibs player between him and the near post.

Malonga ................ I don't think I have ever seen the man play a game where he isn't bloody limping after the first 3 tackles on him .... he is either really unlucky or a frigging powder puff, unfortunately I'm beginning to think its the latter.

Anyway ...... If we don't learn from this cock up and get a grip its gonna be a long season.

SquashedFrogg
25-07-2015, 05:10 PM
I said on another thread that I wasn't impressed with our pre season friendlies. The defence was a shambles at times today, strolling it for 90 minutes against Dunfermline and Ayr Utd isn't ideal preparation IMO and it showed.

The Huns did look fitter all over the park and the question has to be asked .... why?

I'm not wetting the bed over this result .... Having so many first pick options out injured is unfortunate and in no way helped us and at least it means we still have more to come .... but ye gods the sooner they are all fit the better, with hopefully another couple of decent players added before the window shuts.

Just a few things from the under 10s coaching manual the senior team seem to have forgotten:

1) .... If the defence has parted like the Red Sea and you are 18 yards out FFS shoot !!! ..... how many times today?

2) .... If you have set a player free to hit a low cross into the box at least one of your strikers should be heading for the near post ... at least 3 times in the 2nd half we got into that position and the ball was cleared by the Huns centre half from the middle of the 6 yard box without a Hibs player between him and the near post.

Malonga ................ I don't think I have ever seen the man play a game where he isn't bloody limping after the first 3 tackles on him .... he is either really unlucky or a frigging powder puff, unfortunately I'm beginning to think its the latter.

Anyway ...... If we don't learn from this cock up and get a grip its gonna be a long season.

:agree: Had a few opportunities to 'have a pop'. If you don't shoot, you won't score. Especially against their 14 year old keeper.