PDA

View Full Version : Abysmal!

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-07-2015, 01:22 PM
I'll give us the fact that this is a pishy pre season friendly but if that's our defence for the season then God help us.

A complete and utter shambles all over the pitch, we don't even look close to fitness and they bossed us all over the park.

Time for change please Alan.

frazeHFC
25-07-2015, 02:23 PM
We can blame a number of things, injuries, lack of match practice, whatever we want...but at the end of the day they looked a far better team. A lot of work to be done.

RedHibby
25-07-2015, 02:25 PM
I am not going to comment other than how embarrassing was that.

IWasThere2016
25-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Totally unfair on abysmal..

fishybeaver
25-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Totally unfair on abysmal..
Think Stubbs made a few bad calls today to put that young guy on for Malonga and leave a proven SPL player and the only one with pace was wrong. That will have shattered L Allen confidence. Poor call

MSK
25-07-2015, 02:48 PM
Lewis Allen will have enjoyed that, result aside, it should make him more determined to make that step up

Hibernia&Alba
25-07-2015, 03:55 PM
Yup, it was a shambles today. Pre season Petrofac Cup or not, to concede six at home is never acceptable. We were so fragile.

Andy74
25-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Think Stubbs made a few bad calls today to put that young guy on for Malonga and leave a proven SPL player and the only one with pace was wrong. That will have shattered L Allen confidence. Poor call

Harris isn't a striker and I assume Stubbs wanted to have a more physical player up with Cummings.

I don't think the young guy is ready but little other option just now.

Scouse Hibee
25-07-2015, 04:06 PM

Disagree, put him on for his presence and he's a striker,Harris has hardly shown bags of confidence in the past. Youngster will benefit from the game time.

fishybeaver
25-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Harris would have at least injected a bit of pace, that poor lad looked way out his depth and miles off the pace.But like you say we had very few options

GreenArmyyy!
25-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Lewis Allen will have enjoyed that, result aside, it should make him more determined to make that step up

I don't know how in any possible way he could have enjoyed that.

MSK
25-07-2015, 04:16 PM
I don't know how in any possible way he could have enjoyed that.First team experience, a long way from where he started and a massive step up from U20s, he will now understand the massive jump and should hopefully make him more determined to make that step up to the first team, like Cummings did, it's about his development, not the result.

GreenArmyyy!
25-07-2015, 05:06 PM
First team experience, a long way from where he started and a massive step up from U20s, he will now understand the massive jump and should hopefully make him more determined to make that step up to the first team, like Cummings did, it's about his development, not the result.

I don't believe at any level you enjoy being on the losing side never mind being humiliated. If anybody enjoyed that today they need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Onion
25-07-2015, 05:11 PM
I'll give us the fact that this is a pishy pre season friendly but if that's our defence for the season then God help us.

A complete and utter shambles all over the pitch, we don't even look close to fitness and they bossed us all over the park.

Time for change please Alan.

Disagree. For 40 minutes we totally and utterly outplayed them. Numerous missed chances during this period costs us. Hanlon gave away a FK which resulted in the Huns first shot on goal and then we collapsed. Horrible defending for the 2nd, poor GK for the 3rd and 4th and after that we were chasing shadows.

The only positive that comes out of today is that the Huns and their media pals will now think they are worldbeaters and will stroll the league. The scoreline falters them hugely in what amounts to a pre-season friendly where they got every possible break.

MSK
25-07-2015, 05:34 PM
I don't believe at any level you enjoy being on the losing side never mind being humiliated. If anybody enjoyed that today they need to take a long hard look at themselves.He would have enjoyed the experience of playing in the first team, at home and in front of a sizeable crowd, of course he wouldn't have enjoyed the result, however that's football, no doubt as he gains more experience he will have more ups than downs. Once Farid and Keatings are fit he will probably drop back down to U20s or go out on loan, I'm sure though he will have learned a lot today, despite the scoreline

snooky
25-07-2015, 05:54 PM
To think I gave up a root canal appointment for that.
Missed out big time.

Forza Fred
25-07-2015, 11:45 PM
To think I gave up a root canal appointment for that.
Missed out big time.

There may be ability levels that are questionable and perhaps we can't do much about that.

However, for me the staggering difference in fitness levels between the two sides is the most worrying factor.

Irrespective of ability there is no reason why we can't match every team fitness wise.....which could compensate for the lack of ability in some.

Just WHAT have we been doing pre season....and what have Rangers being doing differently are the questions that need answering.

Ronniekirk
25-07-2015, 11:54 PM
Yup, it was a shambles today. Pre season Petrofac Cup or not, to concede six at home is never acceptable. We were so fragile.
Not even sure in second half we were fragile more like porous We can play the result down all we like but this can't have done our much vaunted consistent defence s confidence any good It looked like they had never met each other or communicated with each other.
Am sure that has given Stubbs food for thought and you would now expect a big response against Montrose as some of those players looked shellshocked and incapable of doing anything about what was going on .