PDA

View Full Version : Injured players

H18 SFR
25-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Apologies if this information is already out there, but can anyone confirm what the situation is with our injured players, how long till they're back?

MSK
25-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Can we just sign a ****ing player who isn't injured !!!!

sbell1875
25-07-2015, 03:05 PM
The reality of this really hit me today. Not one player we have signed this summer (outwith some of those who re-signed) have kicked a ball this preseason.

Add to that Farid constantly being out, Forster pulling up yet again today and I will admit I being really nervous about the coming season.

Andy74
25-07-2015, 03:08 PM
The reality of this really hit me today. Not one player we have signed this summer (outwith some of those who re-signed) have kicked a ball this preseason.

Add to that Farid constantly being out, Forster pulling up yet again today and I will admit I being really nervous about the coming season.

I can't recall ever going in to competitive games not even having had a glimpse of a new player.

Wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't supposed to be the year we had it all in place to get everyone in early and hit the ground running.

Hannah_hfc
25-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Is Bartley injured as well?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

gaz1875
25-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Shambolic doesn't even come close. Has any off them kicked a ball in a competitive match with 2 weeks until the league starts?

sbell1875
25-07-2015, 03:11 PM
I can't recall ever going in to competitive games not even having had a glimpse of a new player.

Wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't supposed to be the year we had it all in place to get everyone in early and hit the ground running.

The problem we now have is injured players with an already threadbare squad means young kids coming in to the team. Martin played well today but Allan looked way out of his depth against half decent opposition.

I'm all for giving youngsters a chance but it has to be a gradual process getting them into the first team and not through sheer lack of numbers.

gaz1875
25-07-2015, 03:12 PM
The problem we now have is injured players with an already threadbare squad means young kids coming in to the team. Martin played well today but Allan looked way out of his depth against half decent opposition.

I'm all for giving youngsters a chance but it has to be a gradual process getting them into the first team and not through sheer lack of numbers.

Allan was still head and shoulders above Malonga WTF?

sbell1875
25-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Allan was still head and shoulders above Malonga WTF?

I put on Twitter earlier that the sooner Farid is back the better because Malonga when there is zero competition for a starting place is almost a man down.

The time in the first half we had 3v2 and by the end of the move he'd lost the ball and was on his erse left me scratching my head wondering what the hell had happened.

fishybeaver
25-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Think L Allen was way out his depth today, poor choice from Stubbs putting him on and leaving an experienced forward on the bench.

Andy74
25-07-2015, 03:26 PM
I put on Twitter earlier that the sooner Farid is back the better because Malonga when there is zero competition for a starting place is almost a man down.

The time in the first half we had 3v2 and by the end of the move he'd lost the ball and was on his erse left me scratching my head wondering what the hell had happened.

Malonga was injured during training this week. Probably shouldn't have played.

When he is fit he is one of our better players.

Hibeesmad
25-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Is Bartley injured as well?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Lack of fitness due to a minimum pre season

Andy74
25-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Lack of fitness due to a minimum pre season

Surely the same with all the new Rangers players? He's been at the club over a week. Unless he is injured aid have thought he could have played a part.

gaz1875
25-07-2015, 03:32 PM

Malonga is a waste of a shirt no effort and looks to be injured, any tackle his head goes down and he looks to be subbed, he really needs to man up and play for a move if he doesn't want to be with us.

sbell1875
25-07-2015, 03:33 PM
Malonga was injured during training this week. Probably shouldn't have played.

When he is fit he is one of our better players.

Malonga when he is trying to prove a point is one of our better players but far too often he is mediocre at best. If he was not 100% fit then he shouldn't have started.

Andy74
25-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Malonga is a waste of a shirt no effort and looks to be injured, any tackle his head goes down and he looks to be subbed, he really needs to man up and play for a move if he doesn't want to be with us.

Farid is injured more than Malonga. Does he need to man up too?

Franck Stanton
25-07-2015, 03:36 PM
Surely the same with all the new Rangers players? He's been at the club over a week. Unless he is injured aid have thought he could have played a part.

Agree entirely, how is we sign a player, he is lacking fitness, we don't give him any game time to build it up, other teams sign a player, and he plays a week later. Baffles me. Get him on the pitch, even if it only for last half hour.

Bostonhibby
25-07-2015, 03:39 PM
What a relief, before I opened the thread I thought we were going to sign some more.

Andy74
25-07-2015, 03:41 PM
What a relief, before I opened the thread I thought we were going to sign some more.

We might. Keith Watson might still be signed and has McGinn recovered from the javelin in the leg?

Not sure about McGeoughs status.

Bostonhibby
25-07-2015, 03:43 PM
We might. Keith Watson might still be signed and has McGinn recovered from the javelin in the leg?

Not sure about McGeoughs status.
Maybe we can get someone to slide tackle him on the way to east mains

gaz1875
25-07-2015, 03:46 PM
Farid is injured more than Malonga. Does he need to man up too?

What? Farid has had a number of operations to correct his injuries, what serious injury has Malonga had? how did he get injured today? How many times have you seen his head go down and hobble around looking at the bench? no comparison to Farid :confused:

Andy74
25-07-2015, 03:53 PM
What? Farid has had a number of operations to correct his injuries, what serious injury has Malonga had? how did he get injured today? How many times have you seen his head go down and hobble around looking at the bench? no comparison to Farid :confused:

Regardless of whether operations are needed or not an injury is an injury.

He was injured during the week and it must have been aggravated today.

He was injured last season but had to come back in too because we had no other options.

Being injured seems to be used as a sign of him not trying or not wanting to be here. I was wondering if that applied to others too such as Farid. I mentioned him because earlier in the thread someone said the sooner he was back the better due to Malonga not being able to be relied on. Found that odd as Farid has been even less reliable injury wise.

gaz1875
25-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Regardless of whether operations are needed or not an injury is an injury.

He was injured during the week and it must have been aggravated today.

He was injured last season but had to come back in too because we had no other options.

Being injured seems to be used as a sign of him not trying or not wanting to be here. I was wondering if that applied to others too such as Farid. I mentioned him because earlier in the thread someone said the sooner he was back the better due to Malonga not being able to be relied on. Found that odd as Farid has been even less reliable injury wise.

If you are defending a player playing through an injury fine. Bottom line is, if what you are saying is true the management should be put into question, we can't start games with injured players however key they are to the team.

JimBHibees
25-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Some serious questions need to be asked about the preparation have never seen so many injuries preseason. Another two hamstring injuries today. Quite incredible IMO.

Not sure the ones on the park looked particularly fit either.

Jack
26-07-2015, 09:06 AM
Farid is an odd one for me with the support.

He's taken part in 13 games, scored 5, been booked twice.

He's been injured for 31 games and not quoted in a few more.

Zemamma, even Chris Killen, gave us a better return than that and some folk were glad to see the back of them/no way have them back. Meanwhile Farid is some sort of messiah.

As for the rest of our crocks, with our backroom staff with sports scientists and all, it's truly worrying.

GreenArmyyy!
26-07-2015, 09:31 AM
Got slaughtered on here a couple of weeks ago for daring to question La Manga and our training regime but I'm sorry, the amount of injuries we are picking up is not normal.

SlickShoes
26-07-2015, 09:40 AM
Staggering amount of players out, we could almost field a whole team of players different that finished the game from yesterday next time we face rangers.

Ronniekirk
26-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Some serious questions need to be asked about the preparation have never seen so many injuries preseason. Another two hamstring injuries today. Quite incredible IMO.

Not sure the ones on the park looked particularly fit either.

Injuries happen but if players are injury prone because of their history that would become a different issue Farid now can't be rushed back He needs to ready and if he breaks down again then we have a problem
But get him fit to the level he showed against Hearts late on last season and we have an athlete with good upper body strength and a great work rate and attitude A potential match winner
Jordan now looks like he is picking up injuries too easily so you do wonder who in the back room team are making decisions and are we pushing some players too quickly to return from injury
In terms of general fitness we lolled fine when on top but once rattled and we went to pieces it was hard to tell if fitness was an issue or not

Forza Fred
26-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Injuries happen but if players are injury prone because of their history that would become a different issue Farid now can't be rushed back He needs to ready and if he breaks down again then we have a problem
But get him fit to the level he showed against Hearts late on last season and we have an athlete with good upper body strength and a great work rate and attitude A potential match winner
Jordan now looks like he is picking up injuries too easily so you do wonder who in the back room team are making decisions and are we pushing some players too quickly to return from injury
In terms of general fitness we lolled fine when on top but once rattled and we went to pieces it was hard to tell if fitness was an issue or not

I think the fitness level difference was discernible.

I know the heads can drop when losing but just after I made the comment from my lounge chair that 'we look knackered" even the commentator on our provider...'Bein Sports" noted that....Hibernian are tiring.

I can fully understand how we can put a team out that is second in ability,but fitness is something that we could be world champions at, provided we employ the right methods.

Poorer teams than us have compensated for their lack of ability with their high fitness levels, and we need to improve them quick smart.