PDA

View Full Version : It's the hope that kills you

marjoriebanks
25-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Now would be a good time to introduce Scott Allan but methinks he is off to complete what is turning into a miserable day😢

SaulGoodman
25-07-2015, 12:39 PM
Yeah I'm absolutely heartbroken. I was looking forward to a run in this cup..

Steve20
25-07-2015, 12:47 PM
To be fair, it's only the Petrofac Cup.

We do need 3-4 signings before the real stuff starts or Rangers will run away with the league.

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Actually it's Mark Oxley, don't care if I get slated for it but get him to ****!

marjoriebanks
25-07-2015, 01:04 PM
It is not the competition but the failings which are still there. Stevenson getting caught out. Oxley selling a cheap goal. Halliday had enough time to tie his laces before shooting. We were supposedly better prepared, not on the evidence of this. Rangers look a better team than we do. Stevenson again messes up a cross............oh dear, it may be another long and frustrating season.

marjoriebanks
25-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Kenny Miller that just rubs salt into the wound.

Ozyhibby
25-07-2015, 01:07 PM
How long till the happy clapper are out to explain that there was no way we could be expected to be ready for the start of the season and Sevco always had a head start?

norhfc
25-07-2015, 01:09 PM
The Huns are sharper all over the park. They could do a Hearts and run away with the league leaving us with another play off place. Feel we need to win it but not looking good. Still, we got the new signings to look forward too.

Glory Lurker
25-07-2015, 01:10 PM
My hope has evaporated already. Unless there's a big twist, it'll not be back any time soon. Rangers miles ahead of us.

and, unfortunately, I'm talking about the season, not just this game.

marjoriebanks
25-07-2015, 01:18 PM
I hope that the transfer activity that is rumoured moves into overdrive and Alan Stubbs looks again at the defensive set up losing six is bad news even in a friendly if that is the way some see it.

ArmadaleHibs
25-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Regardless of who we have in whatever position today, regardless of who's injured and not playing today, regardless of diddy cup or not, regardless of who's staying and who's still to join us, we have lost six effin goals (at this time) to a Rangers team that are not that good. And pretty much with our first choice back 3, 4 or 5. Regardless if your a happy clapper or a torn face this is not good enough at any level. This sets a marker for the season. Not a good marker set. In fact, shocking

One Day Soon
25-07-2015, 01:22 PM
The Huns are sharper all over the park. They could do a Hearts and run away with the league leaving us with another play off place. Feel we need to win it but not looking good. Still, we got the new signings to look forward too.

There's no 'could' about it.

This is exactly why we needed them to go up against Motherwell in the play offs. But no, it was all 'they've got no money to spend', they're garbage, 'we're miles ahead of them' etc etc.

None so blind as those that will not see.

hibsbollah
25-07-2015, 01:57 PM
There's no 'could' about it.

This is exactly why we needed them to go up against Motherwell in the play offs. But no, it was all 'they've got no money to spend', they're garbage, 'we're miles ahead of them' etc etc.

None so blind as those that will not see.

Cmon now ODS. It's a glorified preseason game. Let's not get all:paranoid::panic:

hibby6270
25-07-2015, 02:20 PM
Cmon now ODS. It's a glorified preseason game. Let's not get all:paranoid::panic:

Glorified pre season game maybe but truth is we just didn't compete enough in the second half. Allowed Sevco to dominate and they scored with just about every shot on target.

Last season déjà vu IMO and look where that landed us.

hibsbollah
25-07-2015, 02:31 PM
If we had won 6-2 today would we be making assumptions about strolling away with the league? No. So it should work both ways.

Sir David Gray
25-07-2015, 02:34 PM
If we had won 6-2 today would we be making assumptions about strolling away with the league? No. So it should work both ways.

Perhaps not but I think people would have been full of confidence about winning the title.

One Day Soon
25-07-2015, 02:35 PM

If we'd one 6-2 I'd be assuming we were well prepared to compete for the league title.

Since we got horsed 2-6 at home I'll make the assumption we have a squad that's still not strong enough in depth and on the evidence of the play I'll assume we are not as fit as our direct competition.

When something looks like its been a thrashing it is generally because it has been a thrashing.

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2015, 02:36 PM
It is actually the injuries.

Scouse Hibee
25-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Warbuton's knowledge of the English leagues has allowed them to aquire players more than equipped for this league. Looks ominous to me.

Lago
25-07-2015, 02:48 PM
It really does annoy me that excuses are already being made to excuse what is a totally unacceptable result. It's a diddy cup, so what, it was not a 2 - 6 defeat, yes it was, it was not our strongest team, well why not, oh yes they are all injured. Bottom line is next time we play them they will think ' we creamed this lot ' and we will think ' this lot creamed us' also will other teams in league fear us, don't think so all they will think is hibs ship goals.

Alfred E Newman
25-07-2015, 02:50 PM
On today's showing there is not much between the sides. We dominated the first half they ran the show in the second half. They took their chances when they were on top we didn't.
The real worry is the fact that the same old failings let us down again. Failure to finish teams off when in top, dodgy goalkeeping and the constant inability to put in a decent corner kick.
It finished up an embarrassing afternoon and the sooner the missing players are back the better though that won't solve the goalkeeping problem unfortunately .

JohnM1875
25-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Why are we so poor from corners?! Surely this should be addressed in training. It was exactly the same last season.

HappyAsHellas
25-07-2015, 03:04 PM
We dominated the play in the first half with an under strength team.
We failed to score with good opportunities.
Our goalkeeper was absolutely dire.
Our second half cave in was depressing to say the least.
We need cover at left back and certainly Reguero must get a chance after today.
On the bright side we will be much stronger when all our players are fit but this wont happen for another few weeks which is unfortunate.
We can still win this league, but we have to get the finger out now.
Oh, and I'm a happy clapper by the way.......

emerald green
25-07-2015, 03:19 PM

For me, no game against the Huns can ever be dismissed in this way, especially in a cup competition. Even in a diddie cup.

If Hibs had won today the Hibs fans would have been delighted.

Alfred E Newman
25-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Why are we so poor from corners?! Surely this should be addressed in training. It was exactly the same last season.

There might even be a case for bringing back Deeks just to take the corners! The long high floater to the back post seems to be it as far as corners go. Surely someone can fizz them it at head height like Griffiths and Riordan did.

Lago
25-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Warbuton's knowledge of the English leagues has allowed them to aquire players more than equipped for this league. Looks ominous to me.
Shouldn't Stubbs have the same knowledge?

Scouse Hibee
25-07-2015, 03:37 PM
Shouldn't Stubbs have the same knowledge?

Has Stubbs ever managed in England or coached at first team level? So maybe not.