PDA

View Full Version : Do The Rangers fear us?

1two
25-07-2015, 07:31 AM
From Warbuton playing down the fixture as a preseason game.
The comments on hun forums - disappointed/dreading the draw with us.
The fact that time and time again they seem to crumble when we play them.
The fact they are playing a Huns of old tactics by tapping up our players before a match.

I used to hate playing them, now I can't wait for the games to come around.
Do we hold some sort of mental fear over them that they can't shake. I think we do which is a strong position to be in.
It's the type of thing that could make us league winners, and a win today would carry their feeling of dread/fear into this season which is why a win today is important.

Mon the hibs.

Steve20
25-07-2015, 07:41 AM
To be fair, they didn't crumble in the playoffs against us.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2015, 07:43 AM
I don't fear them.

GordonHFC
25-07-2015, 07:49 AM
I don't fear them.

This is the main point.

lord bunberry
25-07-2015, 08:09 AM
They didn't, but they set out to stop us playing, which would suggest an element of fear.

bigwheel
25-07-2015, 08:21 AM
so here's me trying to take off my green tinted glasses....

The Rangers of this season will be different and likely better than last season. They have had a large turnover in players ..Something like 11 out and 7 in so far..

They likely have a better management team than last year.

And they have signed reasonably well. Although, they are now largely in market for players similar to us, with the exception that they can spend (a little)cash on transfer fees and their wage structure is higher. There won't be a quality difference though - Our signings have easily matched them so far (e.g. Fountain vs Wilson, Fyvie vs any of their midfield signings)

We have a stronger and more stable base. They don't. So they will do well to get playing consistently and fluently in the early weeks/months of the season. And their squad depth won't be like it used to be, so you have to expect injuries etc will effect them. We on the other hand, have the next 4-5 weeks without most of our additions, that's a bit unlucky and we will do well to get consistent positive results without our full squad available to us.

They won't fear us, any more than us them. I don't think either manager would have chosen this as their first competitive fixture - and frankly, the result will in no way determine the outcome of the league. It will be a nice little boost though to whoever wins.

so cutting to the chase - From today onwards and for the whole of this season - let's get tore right intae them!! :thumbsup:

Scottie
25-07-2015, 08:42 AM
:agree:

They didn't, but they set out to stop us playing, which would suggest an element of fear.
Stuart McCall knew exactly how to set them up in the games against us last season and IMO it didn't show fear it showed that he knew how to set them up to beat us simple as that.

Tyler Durden
25-07-2015, 08:51 AM

Stuart McCall knew exactly how to set them up in the games against us last season and IMO it didn't show fear it showed that he knew how to set them up to beat us simple as that.

Tin hat on but I actually kinda like Warburton, he talks a good game and he's pretty respectful IMO despite a few recent headlines.

Having said that, I believe the way he sets up his team this year will play into our hands. We struggle against teams who sit back and make it a scrappy game, the Falkirk games last year for example or Rangers lucky 2-0 win at Easter Road.

The difference this year is that Warburtons philosophy is the same as Stubbs. He wants to pass teams to death and it will be a case of who can play the best open football? Only one winner there and that's us. Hopefully....

Eyrie
25-07-2015, 08:55 AM
Of course Sevco Huns fear us. There is no prospect of them talking the same way about Peterhead who they will play next Sunday in the League Cup.

rotherhamrob
25-07-2015, 09:01 AM

I would have to disagree, they definitely set up to stop us playing although admittedly it worked I think that was down to our own failings rather than their tactics.using your logic surely mcall would have known how to beat motherwell, but no, rather than show motherwell the same respect they showed us , I rather think they thought it would be easier and went in all gung ho. It's my opinion that if they had set up as they did against us that they would have won.

Scottie
25-07-2015, 10:07 AM
I would have to disagree, they definitely set up to stop us playing although admittedly it worked I think that was down to our own failings rather than their tactics.using your logic surely mcall would have known how to beat motherwell, but no, rather than show motherwell the same respect they showed us , I rather think they thought it would be easier and went in all gung ho. It's my opinion that if they had set up as they did against us that they would have won.
McCall must be one lucky barsteward as he has never lost to Us as a manager if I'm no wrong ?

He had our number but not Murderwells.

One Day Soon
25-07-2015, 01:32 PM
From Warbuton playing down the fixture as a preseason game.
The comments on hun forums - disappointed/dreading the draw with us.
The fact that time and time again they seem to crumble when we play them.
The fact they are playing a Huns of old tactics by tapping up our players before a match.

I used to hate playing them, now I can't wait for the games to come around.
Do we hold some sort of mental fear over them that they can't shake. I think we do which is a strong position to be in.
It's the type of thing that could make us league winners, and a win today would carry their feeling of dread/fear into this season which is why a win today is important.

Mon the hibs.

No, they clearly don't.

Liberal Hibby
25-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Not any more I would have thought

cabbageandribs1875
25-07-2015, 01:35 PM
i don't imagine Alloa or Dumbarton fear us either

hibby6270
25-07-2015, 02:29 PM
We're out of the diddy-diddy cup today and on that second half display might struggle to remain in the diddy cup next week. Montrose won't be quaking in their boots even if they are the "worst" team in SPFL from last season.

Need the new signings brought in now. The young academy lads that played today looked a bit out of their depth. It will come for them in time no doubt but we can't afford to blood them en masse at start of season and get off to same bad start as last season.

AS take note please!!

emerald green
25-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Do The Rangers fear us? Eh, no I don't think so. If Hibs had won 6-2 today I would say the Huns would have something to fear.

Bostonhibby
25-07-2015, 02:55 PM
They're crapping themselves, laughing sadly.

Keith_M
25-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Do The Rangers fear us?
Aye, they're pure ****1n themselves, so they are.

erin go bragh
25-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Hopefully we have lured them into a false sense of superiority. 👀
👃
👅

GGTTH