PDA

View Full Version : There's only one Scott Allan..

matty_f
24-07-2015, 09:20 PM
Hope to hear this loud and clear from the home end tomorrow, as I'm certain we'll be hearing it from the Huns.

If he is tempted by a move away then let's make it a harder decision to make.

lord bunberry
24-07-2015, 09:21 PM
Hope to hear this loud and clear from the home end tomorrow, as I'm certain we'll be hearing it from the Huns.

:agree: He's our player, let's make sure both he and the Huns know it.

Andy74
24-07-2015, 09:22 PM

I get the sentiment but part of me thinks he is trying to do the dirty on us when we've been pretty good for him. Unless he comes out and denies press speculation about him asking to leave I won't be risking the sucking up to him.

easty
24-07-2015, 09:23 PM
Absolutely.

Look, if he's a life long Rangers fan then it's nae surprise he wants to play for them at some point, he's a Hibby now though, he'll hopefully be a Hibby at the end of the transfer window. Lets make sure he knows we want him here, let's get behind him, encourage him to give us more of the performances he's capable of.

Hiber-nation
24-07-2015, 09:29 PM
I get the sentiment but part of me thinks he is trying to do the dirty on us when we've been pretty good for him. Unless he comes out and denies press speculation about him asking to leave I won't be risking the sucking up to him.

:agree:

Spot on, he's had plenty support from us. Hopefully he can get his head right and put on a performance.

S4uzee
24-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Anyone remember when the huns sang "We're gonna get Scott Brown" :greengrin

Mr White
24-07-2015, 09:36 PM

And then a few weeks later celtc fans singing scott broon he turned the huns right doon. It was depressing on both occasions.

Sir David Gray
24-07-2015, 10:18 PM

I love the sentiment of these sort of posts but in reality, I don't think it will make a blind bit of difference to his way of thinking.

And no I don't want to hear any Hibs fans booing him tomorrow before someone inevitablty asks me if I would rather just hear this instead.

matty_f
24-07-2015, 10:21 PM
I love the sentiment of these sort of posts but in reality, I don't think it will make a blind bit of difference to his way of thinking.

And no I don't want to hear any Hibs fans booing him tomorrow before someone inevitablty asks me if I would rather just hear this instead.

They definitely don't make as much difference as five grand a week but if you are happy somewhere and you have a bond with the fans then it would make the decision a little harder.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Scotty allan, scotty allan, ole ole ole!!

Danderhall Hibs
24-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Mind the Ian Murray song? Worked a treat.

Money talks, players don't give a **** about anything apart from that.

silverhibee
24-07-2015, 10:43 PM

He has made a decision.

iwasthere1972
24-07-2015, 10:46 PM

Just watched the video clip on YouTube. Now how did that pan out as I know he went to Glasgow.

tamig
24-07-2015, 10:50 PM
And then a few weeks later celtc fans singing scott broon he turned the huns right doon. It was depressing on both occasions.

It was "take" they sang - which just about sums up their arrogance. I was delighted they missed out on him.

Sir David Gray
24-07-2015, 10:58 PM
Mind the Ian Murray song? Worked a treat.

Money talks, players don't give a **** about anything apart from that.

:agree: It's a nice idea that before the game Scott Allan is determined to join Sevco but because we sing his name tomorrow he is then swayed towards seeing out his contract with us but I really don't think it will make a difference.

Maybe I'm just too cynical when it comes to football players but I believe that if they want to go then nothing will change their mind.

Mr White
24-07-2015, 11:01 PM
It was "take" they sang - which just about sums up their arrogance. I was delighted they missed out on him.

I was sick to hear other fans singing about signing one of our best players knowing full well one of them would be successful. Celtc aren't really strangers to arrogance either when it comes to tapping up rival teams players but then they are just 2 cheeks of the same arse of course.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-07-2015, 11:08 PM

This is where I am. Sadly

Brightside
24-07-2015, 11:08 PM

No chance he will make a statement. Anything other than supporting him tomorrow will affect the team.

Ronniekirk
24-07-2015, 11:09 PM
He has made a decision..

and looks like the fans have as well ,just printed off tickets for the game ,and loads left even in section 43 at this late stage .The media will then latch onto the poor hibs turnout .So for anyone still thinking of going we need the support This could be one of our lowest attendances yet in hibs ends for a Rangers game .:gwa:

Brightside
24-07-2015, 11:09 PM
He has made a decision.

Has he? more please silver

tamig
24-07-2015, 11:13 PM
I was sick to hear other fans singing about signing one of our best players knowing full well one of them would be successful. Celtc aren't really strangers to arrogance either when it comes to tapping up rival teams players but then they are just 2 cheeks of the same arse of course.

I agree. But they sang that song in expectation. A pity Brown ended up where he did but it was still good seeing that song backfire on the hun.

silverhibee
24-07-2015, 11:14 PM
Has he? more please silver

Yes.

Still doesn't mean he will get his own way though..

Andy74
24-07-2015, 11:21 PM
No chance he will make a statement. Anything other than supporting him tomorrow will affect the team.

Each to their own but Im not going out my way to show extra support to someone probably trying to screw us over.

Remaining neutral on it won't affect the team in any way.

anon1875
24-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Each to their own but Im not going out my way to show extra support to someone probably trying to screw us over.

Remaining neutral on it won't affect the team in any way.
Yeah mate he's trying to screw us over by not saying a word in the press, not handing in a transfer request to sign for rangers his boyhood team who all his family support and best friend has just signed for.

truehibernian
24-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Yes.

Wine, skittles (sweets), pistachios, couple of DVD's (Sproule hattrick, Deek's greatest goals)...........bed down for a couple of weeks............Scott Allan unveiled at Celtic Park :aok:

You know SH.....you know :wink::greengrin

KWJ
25-07-2015, 12:18 AM
Should Scotland's shame make a more obvious attempt to sway the player during the game than the Hibs faithful that may reinforce his desires where as Hibs fans giving him respect and support could only help our case.

truehibernian
25-07-2015, 01:11 AM
Should Scotland's shame make a more obvious attempt to sway the player during the game than the Hibs faithful that may reinforce his desires where as Hibs fans giving him respect and support could only help our case.

Hoping fans support every player tomorrow and let the The Rangers have their wee individual fan fest to themselves........Allan isn't going to them so let them have their 90 minutes of adulation.......meanwhile Hibs fans shoudn't make a big deal of him :agree: would far prefer Hibs fans hailing Stubbs tomorrow to be honest :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-07-2015, 01:20 AM
Won't make a blind bit of difference.

Die, die die die ya Huns... should be the order of the day.

Pete
25-07-2015, 01:25 AM
meanwhile Hibs fans shoudn't make a big deal of him :agree: would far prefer Hibs fans hailing Stubbs tomorrow to be honest :agree:

Totally agree with you about Stubbs getting a show of support. He's dealt with this awkward situation fantastically and has shown class, restraint and a bit of steel when needed.

Bad boys: Huns. All of them.

Neutral: Allan. Hasn't actually said anything yet and is a hibs player. Deserves the usual as nothing has changed.

Deserve immense credit: Stubbs and the board for standing up to the arrogant tribute act.

pedroorange1875
25-07-2015, 01:28 AM
Mr X : Hi there i would like to offer you 5/6 times current your salary ( and i am a massive boyhood dream supporter beyond anything else which we all understand because we hate the huns)

Anyone in the world : OK thanks i would want that because i have a family to think about and commitments etc.

Leave the lad alone...we are Hibernian FC and i have seen better players than Scott Allan (at the moment, 1 season wonder?...probably not) move on, and we are still here supporting our club.

We will still be here tomorrow and with a better player than Scott Allan

truehibernian
25-07-2015, 01:40 AM
Mr X : Hi there i would like to offer you 5/6 times current your salary ( and i am a massive boyhood dream supporter beyond anything else which we all understand)

Anyone in the world : OK thanks i would want that because i have a family to think about and commitments etc.

Leave the lad alone...we are Hibernian FC and i have seen better players than Scott Allan (at the moment, 1 season wonder?...probably not) move on, and we are still here supporting our club.

No one will vilify the boy - spend your energy supporting the team rather than worry about Scott's salary or his family commitments :agree:

I always supported Ally McLeod but never once found myself worrying about his food bills.......he appeared to like his tucker and it was a worry :greengrin but he scored a shed load so I forgave him.

Hibs never turned on Thomson, Brown or Fletch.......no reason to suggest they'd turn on SA..........glad they slightly turned on Caldwell 'cos he showed his colours and he was lilian gish :na na:

Waxy
25-07-2015, 05:44 AM
Its a short career so you cant blame footballers for only really caring about the money. However its our club who have lifted him to his current status and with a year on his contract left, we deserve him to give us his all for this season. Then he can do what he wants.

Forza Fred
25-07-2015, 06:14 AM
Its a short career so you cant blame footballers for only really caring about the money. However its our club who have lifted him to his current status and with a year on his contract left, we deserve him to give us his all for this season. Then he can do what he wants.

Surely the way he played last season when he was voted Champioship Player of the Year has 'lifted him to his current status' ?

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 06:25 AM
Surely the way he played last season when he was voted Champioship Player of the Year has 'lifted him to his current status' ?

Think he means without us bringing him back up here he may be still be sitting watching soccer sat! It's because of Hibs he's got to play football again!

Matty_Jack04
25-07-2015, 06:28 AM
i think the quicker we we get behind the team and all the other guys out there later today the better, Allan knows we want him here that's why he's came out and told us twice he's staying till the end of his contract, its up to him now to stand by his word I'm going there to support hibs and there's another 10 guys as deserving of the support as he is.

bingo70
25-07-2015, 06:30 AM
Think he means without us bringing him back up here he may be still be sitting watching soccer sat! It's because of Hibs he's got to play football again!

I think that's stretching it a bit, I'm sure he would have got a club.

I don't doubt we've been very good for him though but in fairness he hasn't come out abd actually said anything disrespectful about us, it sounds like he's just stated his preference in private to his manager.

That said, I'm with whoever it was that said they'd be remaining neutral about him. Giving him stick would be stupid but signing his name is a bit much for me.

DH1875
25-07-2015, 06:35 AM
Mr X : Hi there i would like to offer you 5/6 times current your salary ( and i am a massive boyhood dream supporter beyond anything else which we all understand because we hate the huns)

I really don't get this argument at all. Should we only be signing hibs fans from now on? What if everyone we sign wants to go off and join their boyhood team, should we just let them all go? IF the yams came in for Jason tomorrow, should we just let him join them as well?????

That aside, of course we should all get behind him and the team today. Show him support if you want but please, no need for anyone to be booing him at this stage.

GreenLake
25-07-2015, 06:57 AM
If Scott Allan wants to reach heights in his career, he needs to understand the difference between performance and delivery. He performed last season but in the end failed to deliver - perhaps due to some crumpled up bits of paper thrown by his fellow hun fans. Nonetheless, to the eyes of other clubs, objectively measuring his potential, he failed to deliver. Clubs want winners and if he walks from Hibs right now, it will be yet another failure to deliver episode in his short career history. He needs to become a winner and make his team champions - a team he is with now and not another team he runs off to.

Man up Scott Allan. Grow up and have some respect for Stubbs and his club - but mostly, have some respect for yourself and realize your potential.

duffers
25-07-2015, 07:02 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no confirmation / quotes anywhere that SA has asked to go or handed in a transfer request? For this reason, why would anyone even think about getting on his back?

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 07:19 AM
I think that's stretching it a bit, I'm sure he would have got a club.

I don't doubt we've been very good for him though but in fairness he hasn't come out abd actually said anything disrespectful about us, it sounds like he's just stated his preference in private to his manager.

That said, I'm with whoever it was that said they'd be remaining neutral about him. Giving him stick would be stupid but signing his name is a bit much for me.

He may well have found a club Bingo I was saying hibs have been great for him and built his confidence back up. I won't be signing his name though. I'll be fully behind Scott today and if he scores the winner I'll defo be signing his name then to the Hun ****s.

jimmythefish
25-07-2015, 07:21 AM

Remember Celtic fans calling us a feeder club during his last game for us against them & scoring the winner iirc

Greenworld
25-07-2015, 07:38 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no confirmation / quotes anywhere that SA has asked to go or handed in a transfer request? For this reason, why would anyone even think about getting on his back?
You are of course correct but it takes 5 minutes to re-affirm his previous statement that he will see out his contract and apply himself 100% to the hibs cause.
He has not hence all the bitterness and rumour mongering.
Perhaps the singing of "There's only one Scott Allan" could be so correct in its meaning.
That he has not changed at all and that he remains a selfish awckward little player to deal with.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Andy74
25-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Yeah mate he's trying to screw us over by not saying a word in the press, not handing in a transfer request to sign for rangers his boyhood team who all his family support and best friend has just signed for.

Id like to believe that but I don't and so I will steer clear of sucking up to him unduly for my own self respect. I won't be giving him stick either, just don't think a special effort today would feel right.

Hibernia&Alba
25-07-2015, 08:58 AM
He'll have my full support for as long as he's a Hibs player; after which time I wish him well and say cheerio.

Jim44
25-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Yes.

He knows he might not get his own way and until the wind blows in the direction he wants, he won't publicly ask away. I think it's a wee bit naive to think that because he hasn't been quoted saying the dreaded words that it's all media speculation. The worst case scenario for him is that he will have to spend a whole season in a place he doesn't choose primarily to be but can't risk the danger of actually stating this. I hope that he plays today and that, whatever the result, the match passes without turning into a Scott Allan circus.

DH1875
25-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Any team news yet? Players will be starting to turn up at ER soon. Is he there?

Del Boy
25-07-2015, 09:33 AM
Be surprised and disappointed if he's no playing.

Get intae them Hibs

HibernianJK
25-07-2015, 09:36 AM
If Scott Allan wants to reach heights in his career, he needs to understand the difference between performance and delivery. He performed last season but in the end failed to deliver - perhaps due to some crumpled up bits of paper thrown by his fellow hun fans. Nonetheless, to the eyes of other clubs, objectively measuring his potential, he failed to deliver. Clubs want winners and if he walks from Hibs right now, it will be yet another failure to deliver episode in his short career history. He needs to become a winner and make his team champions - a team he is with now and not another team he runs off to.

Man up Scott Allan. Grow up and have some respect for Stubbs and his club - but mostly, have some respect for yourself and realize your potential.

Eh? Surely performing is delivering?

bill the hibby
25-07-2015, 09:48 AM

Failed to deliver? Championships player of the year, in the team of the year across all divisions and provided an unreal amount of assists. I don't understand how that isn't delivering

GreenLake
25-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Eh? Surely performing is delivering?

Promotion last season would have been delivering. Performing well for a whole season and losing in the playoffs was not delivering.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2015, 02:36 PM
He'll have my full support for as long as he's a Hibs player; after which time I wish him well and say cheerio.

This for me also.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Good to hear this being sung today, only bad thing is that the huns fans joined in aswell 😒

Lago
25-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Fully expect him to be on his way shortly. Hibs badly need to recruit and if we recon that rangers haven't a pot to piss in hibs at the moment don't even appear to have piss to put in said pot.

lucky
25-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Stubbs said on the radio after the game he's going nowhere and they are wasting their time. He also more good players were coming in.

MSK
25-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Stubbs said on the radio after the game he's going nowhere and they are wasting their time. He also more good players were coming in.Good, just hope tae **** they don't hobble in on crutches !!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Stubbs said on the radio after the game he's going nowhere and they are wasting their time. He also more good players were coming in.

Good to hear.

ALF TUPPER
25-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Good, just hope tae **** they don't hobble in on crutches !!

Hahahahaha . Brightened up my day 😊

Springbank
25-07-2015, 11:52 PM

Totally agree

He's the best ball player we've had here for a long time

I'd be confident Hibs will have him come September and he can be integral to our pronotion push, with the 5 to come in (Bartley, 2 wingers and 2 forwards) plus potentially mcgeoch and mcginn

Rangers will find out, you just can't have what you can't afford

And we should enjoy Scott Allan's skills while he's Hibs no10

Hibs hold the aces