PDA

View Full Version : Let's not Mourn

Bobo
24-07-2015, 09:14 PM
Scottish football is dead but this is no recent bereavement. If truth be told our game died over a half century ago from a parasitic cancer which has no cure!

Its gruesome demise sadly hastened by the corruption, greed and bigotry of the scourge of west coast zombies who repeatedly defile the festering corpse of our game.

In reality decades of kowtowing to the Ugly Sisters have helped create the abhorrent abortions that they are today, vile in every sense of the word, they are a blight on each and every Scottish club. They've pillaged and plundered our game for decades ably abetted by the incompetence and bias of a governing body plagued with a plethora of morons whose Blatter-esque tendencies show no moral compass.

Ever willing henchmen, the media, do the bidding by fabricating stories laced with under-handed deceit and lies, with the sole purpose of undermining and unsettling any club to show the temerity of ambition. Scott Allan is only the latest in a long line of victims to be tainted by the Poison Press and only time will tell if the prognosis proves to be terminal or not?

I'm proud of our club, and always will be, come what may!

GGTTH :flag:

Golden Bear
24-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Scottish football is dead but this is no recent bereavement. If truth be told our game died over a half century ago from a parasitic cancer which has no cure!

Its gruesome demise sadly hastened by the corruption, greed and bigotry of the scourge of west coast zombies who repeatedly defile the festering corpse of our game.

In reality decades of kowtowing to the Ugly Sisters have helped create the abhorrent abortions that they are today, vile in every sense of the word, they are a blight on each and every Scottish club. They've pillaged and plundered our game for decades ably abetted by the incompetence and bias of a governing body plagued with a plethora of morons whose Blatter-esque tendencies show no moral compass.

Ever willing henchmen, the media, do the bidding by fabricating stories laced with under-handed deceit and lies, with the sole purpose of undermining and unsettling any club to show the temerity of ambition. Scott Allan is only the latest in a long line of victims to be tainted by the Poison Press and only time will tell if the prognosis proves to be terminal or not?

Excellent, absolutely excellent.

superfurryhibby
24-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Half a century ago Kllie had just won the League, Hibs were about to reach. Fairs Cup semi and The Hin and Celtic were going to contest finals.

Why bother if that's what you feel. I might not want a season ticket but I'll always love football. The game is way more than two teams.

Thousands of guys who kick a ball around a park will tell you that. Too much hysteria going down folks.

alexhibs
24-07-2015, 09:33 PM

:thumbsup:

chinaman
24-07-2015, 09:40 PM

Superb post bobo

Bobo
24-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Half a century ago Kllie had just won the League, Hibs were about to reach. Fairs Cup semi and The Hin and Celtic were going to contest finals.

Why bother if that's what you feel. I might not want a season ticket but I'll always love football. The game is way more than two teams.

Thousands of guys who kick a ball around a park will tell you that. Too much hysteria going down folks.

Where was I hysterical?

The Scottish game has been dead in the water for decades, a poor product, compared to most other associations in Europe. But, as long as there's a Hibs team involved, that's why I bother And go to watch it.

I've had a season ticket for over 35 years and if the standard of our league mattered I'd have quit years ago.

The Pointer
24-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Not quite so sure it's dead yet but so eloquently put.

The fawning, sycophantic, one-sided drivel on Reporting Scotland tonight was nauseating in the extreme and so, so typical of BBC Weege. It was like it was run up by Sons of Strewth, so why do we tolerate it?

superfurryhibby
24-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Where was I hysterical?

The Scottish game has been dead in the water for decades, a poor product, compared to most other associations in Europe. But, as long as there's a Hibs team involved, that's why I bother And go to watch it.

I've had a season ticket for over 35 years and if the standard of our league mattered I'd have quit years ago.

Most other associations?

So grass roots doesn't matter? We have a game that is thriving. The two teams you mention are not all that matters in Scottish football,

tamig
24-07-2015, 10:44 PM

Excellent. Vlad couldn't have put it better himself :-)

calmac12000
24-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Scottish football is dead but this is no recent bereavement. If truth be told our game died over a half century ago from a parasitic cancer which has no cure! Its gruesome demise sadly hastened by the corruption, greed and bigotry of the scourge of west coast zombies who repeatedly defile the festering corpse of our game. In reality decades of kowtowing to the Ugly Sisters have helped create the abhorrent abortions that they are today, vile in every sense of the word, they are a blight on each and every Scottish club. They've pillaged and plundered our game for decades ably abetted by the incompetence and bias of a governing body plagued with a plethora of morons whose Blatter-esque tendencies show no moral compass. Ever willing henchmen, the media, do the bidding by fabricating stories laced with under-handed deceit and lies, with the sole purpose of undermining and unsettling any club to show the temerity of ambition. Scott Allan is only the latest in a long line of victims to be tainted by the Poison Press and only time will tell if the prognosis proves to be terminal or not? I'm proud of our club, and always will be, come what may! GGTTH :flag:
Spot on-Christ the season not even begun and the media are already slavering over the Hun's!

Bobo
24-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Most other associations?

So grass roots doesn't matter? We have a game that is thriving. The two teams you mention are not all that matters in Scottish football,

Yes, sadly, most other associations (leagues) in Europe offer a better competition & standard than ours. You only have to look at our UEFA & FIFA coefficiencies to see this. Scotland are thankfully now much improved under Gordon Strachan, though the national squad still doesn't boast too many home based players.

Having coached for years, I'm well aware of the merits of grass roots football and its importance to the survival and improvement of the senior game.

The "two teams" don't matter a jot to me and Scottish football would thrive without them both and its Glasgow based hierarchy IMO.

superfurryhibby
25-07-2015, 07:19 AM
Yes, sadly, most other associations (leagues) in Europe offer a better competition & standard than ours. You only have to look at our UEFA & FIFA coefficiencies to see this. Scotland are thankfully now much improved under Gordon Strachan, though the national squad still doesn't boast too many home based players.

Having coached for years, I'm well aware of the merits of grass roots football and its importance to the survival and improvement of the senior game.

The "two teams" don't matter a jot to me and Scottish football would thrive without them both and its Glasgow based hierarchy IMO.

The two matter little to me either and I agree the game would continue and possibly thrive without them.

I just looked at co-efficient. The only real surprises are that Israel, Cyprus and Belarus are above us. However, we are above teams from countries such as: Denmark, Bosnia, Hungary, Bulgaria, and Slovenia.

We are a small nation, with a football heritage and passion for the game that is almost unmatched anywhere in terms of crowds to population ratio. The game has changed massively since the times when our clubs could compete, especially non old firm sides. That really ended by the end of the 80's. 25 years ago, not 50.

The same factors apply everywhere. Players are lured away by the financial disparities between small leagues and the TV funded giants. Loads of decent Scottish players work I the English lower leagues who would have naturally served there time in our club sides 25 years ago. That is the root of our club sides demise.

Maybe we should start our season earlier, it might give teams a better fighting chance of making it past the qualifying rounds? Either way, despite the eternal media worship etc of the weegie teams, the game here is still a game we love. Unlike you, I don't go and see Hibs as a duty, it's because I Love football and they are my team.

Like I say, there is way more to the game than Celtic and Rangers.

SonOfDavidFrancey
25-07-2015, 10:34 AM
The two matter little to me either and I agree the game would continue and possibly thrive without them.

I just looked at co-efficient. The only real surprises are that Israel, Cyprus and Belarus are above us. However, we are above teams from countries such as: Denmark, Bosnia, Hungary, Bulgaria, and Slovenia.

We are a small nation, with a football heritage and passion for the game that is almost unmatched anywhere in terms of crowds to population ratio. The game has changed massively since the times when our clubs could compete, especially non old firm sides. That really ended by the end of the 80's. 25 years ago, not 50.

The same factors apply everywhere. Players are lured away by the financial disparities between small leagues and the TV funded giants. Loads of decent Scottish players work I the English lower leagues who would have naturally served there time in our club sides 25 years ago. That is the root of our club sides demise.

Maybe we should start our season earlier, it might give teams a better fighting chance of making it past the qualifying rounds? Either way, despite the eternal media worship etc of the weegie teams, the game here is still a game we love. Unlike you, I don't go and see Hibs as a duty, it's because I Love football and they are my team.

Like I say, there is way more to the game than Celtic and Rangers.

Well said and somewhat less florid than the rhetoric of the OP...

Waxy
25-07-2015, 11:10 AM
More of this please. One day supporters will rise and demand to be freed. We are all imprisoned by the Glasgow twins and the day will come when we'll take no more and demand equality or i can see all clubs resigning and creating a new equal league without the old firm.They've taken far too much already.

KWJ
25-07-2015, 11:56 AM
The crest on the front is always more important than the name on the back.