PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Bartley

therealgavmac
24-07-2015, 03:27 PM
I am (unfortunately) moving back to Wales permanently next week, and our house is currently being viewed by prospective tenants.

This young man has just been to view, and he is the most unassuming, unpretentious guy, who is absolutely dedicated to Hibs. Ashamedly, I didn't know him when he arrived, and I asked if he was moving to the area when he told me he had just signed for Hibs..... I was like a wee laddie again and the missus had to stop me from asking for the autograph (for the nephew of course).....

When he left, his parting shot was ".... I'll be giving 100% to make sure we go up....." (I liked the "we")

Just thought I'd share.....

Nameless
24-07-2015, 03:30 PM
What did he smell like? I imagine it would be strawberry angel delight....I've always thought that Iain Black looks like he'd smell of stale kebab meat.

Thecat23
24-07-2015, 03:34 PM
I am (unfortunately) moving back to Wales permanently next week, and our house is currently being viewed by prospective tenants.

This young man has just been to view, and he is the most unassuming, unpretentious guy, who is absolutely dedicated to Hibs. Ashamedly, I didn't know him when he arrived, and I asked if he was moving to the area when he told me he had just signed for Hibs..... I was like a wee laddie again and the missus had to stop me from asking for the autograph (for the nephew of course).....

When he left, his parting shot was ".... I'll be giving 100% to make sure we go up....." (I liked the "we")

Always good to hear these things. Sounds he's a nice lad!

therealgavmac
24-07-2015, 03:35 PM
My missus said he smelled lush and would love to give him a cwtch..... (No it's not Nessa!)

Hibby Gav
24-07-2015, 03:35 PM

Sounds like Hibs class mate ! Good to hear :-)

ggtth

Pedantic_Hibee
24-07-2015, 03:36 PM
My missus said he smelled lush and would love to give him a cwtch..... (No it's not Nessa!)

Auto-correct is a nightmare, eh?

How can a phone change gammy to cwtch? Bonkers.

therealgavmac
24-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Sounds like Hibs class mate ! Good to hear :-)

ggtth

Think this shows what he's like.......

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/leyton-orient/bartley_thanks_orient_1_4159813

therealgavmac
24-07-2015, 03:42 PM

:hilarious

FastEddieFelson
24-07-2015, 03:46 PM
he posted a really nice and sincere message on twitter that was both a farewell to the leyton orient fans and a thank you to the hibs fans who had made him feel welcome. sounds like a great lad.

nellio
24-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Sounds like a nice fella.

Best of luck in Wales mate, moved to Edinburgh rom Wales a few years ago now.

iwasthere1972
24-07-2015, 05:05 PM

Nobody had asked . Is he moving in?

therealgavmac
24-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Sounds like a nice fella.

Best of luck in Wales mate, moved to Edinburgh rom Wales a few years ago now.

Thanks pal..... moved home here from Pembrokeshire 2 yrs ago but things have fallen through so off back to west Wales..... God forgive me, I'm probably going back to the egg chasing as no real footy there..... c'mon you Scarlets! Sosban Fach :-)

therealgavmac
24-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Nobody had asked . Is he moving in?

Not with me, I'm off!

Matty_Jack04
24-07-2015, 05:26 PM

😂