PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's attendance

Iceman1875
24-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow now! Buzzing!

What's the attendance likely to be, any thoughts?

At Easter Road we play...

RoxburghHibs
24-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow now! Buzzing!

What's the attendance likely to be, any thoughts?

10,000 tops

Iceman1875
24-07-2015, 02:58 PM
Reduced prices, first game to see our new signings properly and v the Rangers, I'd be disappointed if it was only 10k. I was thinking around 12-13k?

HH81
24-07-2015, 03:01 PM
8000?

H18S NX
24-07-2015, 03:06 PM

Smartie
24-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Anyone know if they've sold many tickets?

It is the diddiest of diddy cups but the context of this season and what Hibs and The Rangers are playing for certainly makes it more interesting.

Are they on a high and backing their team under their new manager or are they deeply suspicious of their current owner and his lack of big money signings?

SMAXXA
24-07-2015, 03:12 PM

BigKev
24-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Hibs are expecting around 12000 tomorrow. The Rangers have sold their allocation I believe.

scoopyboy
24-07-2015, 03:33 PM
Anyone know if they've sold many tickets?

It is the diddiest of diddy cups but the context of this season and what Hibs and The Rangers are playing for certainly makes it more interesting.

Are they on a high and backing their team under their new manager or are they deeply suspicious of their current owner and his lack of big money signings?

They've sold the whole South Stand.

iwasthere1972
24-07-2015, 05:01 PM
Hibs are expecting around 12000 tomorrow. The Rangers have sold their allocation I believe.

Where are you getting this info from?

Pretty Boy
24-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Where's the dot counters?

iwasthere1972
24-07-2015, 05:07 PM

I retired about a year ago.

iwasthere1972
24-07-2015, 05:08 PM
They've sold the whole South Stand.

It disnae belong to them.

Pete
24-07-2015, 05:09 PM

iPads are slowly killing them off.

Grrr.

Stuarty27
24-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Quick count, looks like less than 5,000 hibs tickets sold at the minute.

Ronniekirk
24-07-2015, 05:25 PM
On that basis we could struggle to get 8 000 hibs fans to the game Dissapointing if it's even less than that and it's an oppertunity to give the club more money by walking up on the day If we are trying to sign players mentioned on the transfer thread anyone who is thinking of walking up on the day should still do that With Sevco having sold out their allocation I hate to be at a game when our ends are sparsely populated

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2015, 05:27 PM
5 bought today :aok:

ALF TUPPER
24-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Come on folks. If you can manage and can afford it ... Get yourself along to Easter Road and make yourselves seen and heard.

#GGTTH

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2015, 05:34 PM

Not good!

we are hibs
24-07-2015, 05:41 PM
The police have said they expect over 12'000 supporters at the game.

sbell1875
24-07-2015, 05:44 PM
I bought my ticket last night and I couldn't believe the availability for the West & Famous Five stands.

I'll be surprised if we get over 10,000.

iwasthere1972
24-07-2015, 05:56 PM
The police have said they expect over 12'000 supporters at the game.

The same we are the people who said that they will arrest anybody drinking Buckfast on the streets of Leith and singing sectarian songs.

Tha Cabbage Kid
24-07-2015, 07:28 PM
20075 with rangers getting an allocation of all!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Springbank
24-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Serious question, shouty capital letters intended

IF YOU ARE NOT COMING TO HIBS FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON, V OUR NEAREST RIVALS, REDUCED PRICES, ASK YOURSELF THIS...

WTactualF ARE YOU DOING ON HERE????

If Hibs matter to you, get along ffs
Now
Is
The
Time

Broken Gnome
24-07-2015, 08:03 PM

IF YOU ARE NOT COMING TO HIBS FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON, V OUR NEAREST RIVALS, REDUCED PRICES, ASK YOURSELF THIS...

Now
Is
The
Time

Now now.

JHFC
24-07-2015, 08:04 PM

Now
Is
The
Time

:thumbsup:

HH81
24-07-2015, 08:04 PM

Now
Is
The
Time

Am at a wedding, is that ok?

3pm
24-07-2015, 08:06 PM

Now
Is
The
Time

Fair play to you pal. You are probably in more need of a new keyboard so yer attitude is admirable. :aok:

Sir David Gray
24-07-2015, 08:07 PM
I'll be surprised if we get over 10000.

hibs0666
24-07-2015, 08:09 PM

Now
Is
The
Time

Quite right mate.

SquashedFrogg
24-07-2015, 08:09 PM

Now
Is
The
Time

WE HAVE 4 GOING TOMORROW!

We
Are
Going
To
Gub
The
Huns

:flag:

Bishop Hibee
24-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Me and most of my mates on holiday. Fans on holiday will knock 1-2K off the Hibs support I'd imagine.

lord bunberry
24-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Am at a wedding, is that ok?
Only if it's your own wedding :greengrin

HH81
24-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Only if it's your own wedding :greengrin

It is the worst sounding wedding ever and I have to go :rolleyes:

marinello59
24-07-2015, 08:19 PM
It is the worst sounding wedding ever and I have to go :rolleyes:

It is your own wedding then.😃

ruthven_raiders
24-07-2015, 08:38 PM

Now
Is
The
Time

I'm flying off to Portugal tomorrow morning 😂😂 otherwise I would be there, my two kids have both got their away tops in their suitcases😉

HH81
24-07-2015, 08:40 PM
It is your own wedding then.

:agree:

Golden Bear
24-07-2015, 08:47 PM
I'll vent my venom from the comfort of my couch. However I'm really looking forward to the Montrose game next week.

DH1875
25-07-2015, 06:47 AM

Now
Is
The
Time

I'm at work :(

Alfred E Newman
25-07-2015, 08:15 AM
According to the summer football brigade, if we play during July attendances would rocket.:dunno:

Keith_M
25-07-2015, 08:19 AM

Do I win a prize?

GreenCastle
25-07-2015, 08:24 AM
Not looking too busy in home end - especially famous five!

Anyone know if the gate money is split for these games ?

Hopefully some last minute Hibs fans change their mind and decide to attend.

Would be surprised if it's over 10,000.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2015, 08:38 AM
Looks like a pretty poor attendance.

Don't get it myself. I'm desperate get back the football and would have been there today whether it was Rangers or Berwick Rangers.

Fair price, big opponents, a cup we have a real chance of winning, decent (admittedly not perfect) kick off time and still people are choosing not to go. Montrose next week will likely be the same.

bigwheel
25-07-2015, 08:42 AM
Looks like a pretty poor attendance.

Don't get it myself. I'm desperate get back the football and would have been there today whether it was Rangers or Berwick Rangers.

Fair price, big opponents, a cup we have a real chance of winning, decent (admittedly not perfect) kick off time and still people are choosing not to go. Montrose next week will likely be the same.

It must be a bit worrying for the Club, that there seems to be a notable reduction in regular support, not any upswing. The club are clearly in a better state than a year ago. Doing almost as much as they can to get us back where we belong...yet many fans seem to have got out of the habit of going to Easter Road.

I wonder if we will ever get back to the 13k/14K home crowds regularly again in the near future...We are miles away from that now...

Scottie
25-07-2015, 08:46 AM
It must be a bit worrying for the Club, that there seems to be a notable reduction in regular support, not any upswing. The club are clearly in a better state than a year ago. Doing almost as much as they can to get us back where we belong...yet many fans seem to have got out of the habit of going to Easter Road.

I wonder if we will ever get back to the 13k/14K home crowds regularly again in the near future...We are miles away from that now...
Remember the school holidays are in full swing and a lot of people are away still and at the end of the day it is "The fish and chip cup" that we are playing in today.

Like what's happened at Aberdeen if you get a winning team on the pitch the fans Will come back and the days of 13/14 k will return.

Hibernian Verse
25-07-2015, 08:46 AM

Top 6 in the SPL with a trusted manager and board and we may see that. Until then, we at the games can go safe in the knowledge that we've supported the club when they need us most.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2015, 08:52 AM

Yep.

I'm not having a go at those who have other plans today, it's a busy time of year for families. However there now seems to be fans who are choosing not to support the club anymore, not just in a one off Challene Cup game but across the board our attendances are flatlining at best.

Over the last year the club have done almost everything right. The team is decent, the marketing is good, we have made ambitious signings, we have passed the 1st big test this week with flying colours thus far, we have a young manager who is a winner and we are infinitely more open and transparent than in previous years yet still attendances haven't budged. It's at the stage where the club can't do much more, all the tools are there to be successful on the park and the ball is in the fans court to decide if they are supporters or not.

Borderhibbie76
25-07-2015, 08:56 AM
Far too many keyboard warriors on here not doing their bit to back the club and board.... The board are showing their ambition in standing up to the Rangers... Its time some lapsed fans who always have plenty to say on here did the same IMO. Granted its still summer hols for some but 5k sold is pathetic!!

So many threats about if Allan is sold to Them... I wont be back etc etc. Where are these people today and why are they not coming out in support of the club after Stubbs and LDs stance this week!!

bigwheel
25-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Yep.

I'm not having a go at those who have other plans today, it's a busy time of year for families. However there now seems to be fans who are choosing not to support the club anymore, not just in a one off Challene Cup game but across the board our attendances are flatlining at best.

Over the last year the club have done almost everything right. The team is decent, the marketing is good, we have made ambitious signings, we have passed the 1st big test this week with flying colours thus far, we have a young manager who is a winner and we are infinitely more open and transparent than in previous years yet still attendances haven't budged. It's at the stage where the club can't do much more, all the tools are there to be successful on the park and the ball is in the fans court to decide if they are supporters or not.

you are right...a decent size chunk of what used to be our core support are no longer going, and apart from the ridiculous "Petrie's still there point" they can't suggest that the club aren't doing everything they can to progress. Yet, many are choosing not to coming along and cheering on the team...The team need them...they would make a huge difference. Although triggered by different circumstances, good home gates made a big difference to Hearts last season..

I wonder if there is anything us fans who are going could do to help - try to get one other person going regularly?

JimBHibees
25-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Yep.

No real surprise given the crowds of last season the time of year and the nature of the cup however disappointing nonetheless.

Ronniekirk
25-07-2015, 09:06 AM
Yep.

Good post P B I could of stayed on Arran enjoying the Weather but chose to leave early and comme back for the game ,but think too many would of done the opposite as it's clear that people are now choosing not to come to games Given everything you say in your post its Dissapointing Hopefully a good winning start in games brings crowds back because if that doesn't then there is nothing else the club can do

Danderhall Hibs
25-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Starting the season during holiday season will cause this issue. It's just a glorified pre season friendly.

Hibernian Verse
25-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Starting the season during holiday season will cause this issue. It's just a glorified pre season friendly.

It's now a lot more than that :agree:

lyonhibs
25-07-2015, 09:17 AM

Now
Is
The
Time

Look at me type post IMO

Carheenlea
25-07-2015, 09:24 AM
My brother in law is over for a holiday so treating him to a day out at Easter Road this afternoon. One of my regular companions is out the country so that evens that up. Disappointing and disheartening for the club to see what looks like being a low number backing the club. There seem to be have been more enthusiasm about the new strip than going to today's season opener.

wee Stevie
25-07-2015, 09:54 AM
Can't make it on holiday in Turkey place I'm staying at hopefully have it on . gutted I won't de there.

high bee
25-07-2015, 09:56 AM

Now
Is
The
Time

Agree completely. I'm sure this is aimed at those who dont have a genuine reason for not attending. It is worrying that ticket sales are so low.

Surely there can't be that many people on holiday. Is it a sign that summer football wouldn't work? Is it because the challenge cup?

dp00
25-07-2015, 10:07 AM
Can I still get a ticket ? just been given a free pass to go from missus so thinking of popping to the game if I can still get a ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
25-07-2015, 10:07 AM
Maybe people are just not enamoured with this competition?

:dunno:

We should have given Rangers 10,000 tickets

:duck:

hibs0666
25-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Can I still get a ticket ? just been given a free pass to go from missus so thinking of popping to the game if I can still get a ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Print one at home or go to ticket office.

Frazerbob
25-07-2015, 10:19 AM
I really wouldn't worry about the poor crowd today. As somebody said on here the other day, it's the diddiest of diddy cups. One which we should never be competing for in the first place so no real surprise that it isn't grabbing the imagination of many irregular attendees.