PDA

View Full Version : Midfield v New Rangers

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 11:21 PM
What is our midfield likely to be if Allan does not play on Saturday?

Fyvie
Martin
Stanton
Harris

??
Any other suggestions?

truehibernian
23-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Fyvie, Scott Martin, Duthie, Stanton.........with Scott Allan made to sit in the East :na na::aok:

hfc rd
23-07-2015, 11:24 PM
I think Allan will play.

bill the hibby
23-07-2015, 11:25 PM
I can barely believe that our midfield is going to be that weak in our first competitive game of the season...I feel like in terms of midfield we've went backwards during preseason.

Forgot about boyle and carmichael being injured, our hands are tied just now I guess. My apologies

truehibernian
23-07-2015, 11:29 PM
I can barely believe that our midfield is going to be that weak in our first competitive game of the season...I feel like in terms of midfield we've went backwards during preseason.

Forgot about boyle and carmichael being injured, our hands are tied just now I guess. My apologies

It's The Rangers we are playing....not Real Madrid.........see what I did there :wink:

bill the hibby
23-07-2015, 11:31 PM
It's The Rangers we are playing....not Real Madrid.........see what I did there :wink:

I wish I could follow your trail of thought, but that's went right over my head haha!

Brightside
23-07-2015, 11:32 PM
We will go 352

Forster Hanlon Fontaine

Gray Fyvie Martin Allan Stevenson.

Malonga Cummings

And we will batter them

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 11:33 PM
After watching Stubbs interview I now think Allan will play.

truehibernian
23-07-2015, 11:34 PM
I wish I could follow your trail of thought, but that's went right over my head haha!

Warburton was irked at the draw and quote said 'It's Hibs we are playing not Real Madrid' :aok:

hfc rd
23-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Is Bartley available for Saturday?

Mibbes Aye
23-07-2015, 11:55 PM

Fyvie
Martin
Stanton
Harris

??
Any other suggestions?

You've named four guys Craig and asked a loaded question.

Who would you pick and what would be your tactical instructions?

My guess is you've got an idea.

Why not share it?

truehibernian
23-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Be even better if Lewis Allan scored the winner :greengrin just for the headlines :na na:

Forza Fred
24-07-2015, 04:12 AM
Scott Allan should play.

He is a contracted player earning a wage from Hibs, and even if he wishes he could be playing for Rangers, he isn't, and I respect him enough to think that he will continue to his best for his contracted club up until he leaves.

Wouldn't surprise me if a statement along these lines appears in the press (again) once it is clear to his agent that he ain't going anywhere soon.

Waxy
24-07-2015, 05:26 AM
Im beginning to think he shouldnt play. They're capable of sending someone out to crock him.

green day
24-07-2015, 05:34 AM
Im beginning to think he shouldnt play. They're capable of sending someone out to crock him.

Is it likely Warburton will say "let's crock this guy we are trying to buy"

Ozyhibby
24-07-2015, 05:35 AM
You've named four guys Craig and asked a loaded question.

Who would you pick and what would be your tactical instructions?

My guess is you've got an idea.

Why not share it?

I would go a three with Harris missing out. Play three at the back, with Gray and Stevenson providing width.

However after reading quotes from Stubbs, I now think Allan will play.

Beefster
24-07-2015, 05:58 AM
If Allan isn't played, The Rangers have had a victory of sorts before we start. If necessary, everyone at Hibs needs to man the **** up, be professional and get on with it.

Auckland Hibs
24-07-2015, 06:15 AM
If Allan isn't played, The Rangers have had a victory of sorts before we start. If necessary, everyone at Hibs needs to man the **** up, be professional and get on with it.

:top marks

I hope we go out & nail them.

Pete
24-07-2015, 06:19 AM

I don't expect him to play after all this. To be honest I couldn't care less either way as it's a game with a bit of wriggle room.

The league is different.

PeterboroHibee
24-07-2015, 06:53 AM
I don't expect him to play after all this. To be honest I couldn't care less either way as it's a game with a bit of wriggle room.

The league is different.

I think its actually quite an important game. The competition itself holds less value than the league, but we want to get off to the best start possible by beating them.

As for the midfield, its quite a difficult one with so many injuries, and it may just be a case of whos available...

offshorehibby
24-07-2015, 07:03 AM
As somebody above said the Petrofac cup isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. It's a bit of a catch 22, we want to beat them and put down a marker but the important game is Dumbarton on the 8th.

Lee Marvin
24-07-2015, 07:20 AM

Fyvie
Martin
Stanton
Harris

??
Any other suggestions?

That makes terrifying reading. Bartley should also be added but that is scary - if Allan rumours are true.

PiemanP
24-07-2015, 07:32 AM
Must say it's baffling we let Scott Robertson leave given the lack of numbers in midfield. While no world beaters, him and to a lesser extend Craig proved they could do a job in this league. Robertson was also liked in the dressing room.

If we are playing with a middle 3, which stubbs likes, then we are either relying on an untested youth or a new singing who is a bit of an unknown quantity.

This is before any injuries or suspensions kick in...or worse, a certain player is sold.

I'm sure Stubbs has a plan, or possibly some transfers haven't quite worked out, but need Id say at least 1 more in midfield although even that leaves us tight.

Ozyhibby
24-07-2015, 07:57 AM
That makes terrifying reading. Bartley should also be added but that is scary - if Allan rumours are true.

Bartley is a couple weeks behind the rest of the team. Hopefully ready for Dumbarton.

B.H.F.C
24-07-2015, 08:07 AM
If the club are serious, in that he won't be sold to them, then he should play.

If he doesn't then we are toiling in midfield.

Brightside
24-07-2015, 08:38 AM

Terrifying? Scary? Please don't ever go an watch an Omen movie. :greengrin

Mr White
24-07-2015, 08:58 AM
Stanton Allan & Fyvie in the middle of a 352 would be my guess. I think Alan will play Allan :greengrin

Lee Marvin
24-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Terrifying? Scary? Please don't ever go an watch an Omen movie. :greengrin

Taking away being pedantic over adjectives, are you not worried about the potential midfield we may put out for the first game of the season?

Onceinawhile
24-07-2015, 09:06 AM
I'd bring Allan on in the 89th minute if we are losing. Cup tie him.

Brightside
24-07-2015, 09:14 AM
Taking away being pedantic over adjectives, are you not worried about the potential midfield we may put out for the first game of the season?

I'm disappointed that we have a few injuries at the start of the season. But to be clear this seasons focus is about winning as many league games as possible. I really don't care AT ALL about cup games.

jacomo
24-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Must say it's baffling we let Scott Robertson leave given the lack of numbers in midfield. While no world beaters, him and to a lesser extend Craig proved they could do a job in this league. Robertson was also liked in the dressing room.

If we are playing with a middle 3, which stubbs likes, then we are either relying on an untested youth or a new singing who is a bit of an unknown quantity.

This is before any injuries or suspensions kick in...or worse, a certain player is sold.

I'm sure Stubbs has a plan, or possibly some transfers haven't quite worked out, but need Id say at least 1 more in midfield although even that leaves us tight.

We offered Robertson a contract I think. But he turned it down.