PDA

View Full Version : Ambition = respect = more supporters return

hibeerealist
23-07-2015, 06:11 PM
I have just emailed our CEO to confess I and my family are lapsed season ticket holders which is directly linked to the pain & embarrassment endured over the last 6/7 seasons. Many of you people on here have managed to put that aside, as I think we all endured it not just a few, and got behind the team/club which is admirable.

There are still numerous fans out there like us that still hurt and have not returned however this nonsense today with Sevco taking the proverbial incensed me and I just had to send the email.

Stand up to them, restore some pride to us Hibbys (if Scotty has changed his mind which I hope he has not, then reserves for him but NO sale to Sevco) and we will return and support you starting now. I hope there are many feel like we do and follow the same route.

Lets see what this does for season tickets, Sevco's cheap shot could now bite their bum as we increase our sales and strengthen our position!!

GGTTH

Lee Marvin
23-07-2015, 06:18 PM
This is bigger than losing our best player. The ramifications of whatever hibs decide now are huge!!

hibeerealist
23-07-2015, 06:28 PM
This is bigger than losing our best player. The ramifications of whatever hibs decide now are huge!!

Aye Kev it is, MUCH bigger!! White flag if he goes west, think of how much it will boost them and deflate us!!!!

IF Sevco offer a massive fee in one go then and only then can we sell to them, absolute minimum 750k.

GreenCastle
23-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Title rivals...

Not just us being in the SPFL main league and like how Scott Brown and co left..

That adds more drama to the whole situation!

Not ideal...

Yuillsy
23-07-2015, 07:49 PM
I have just emailed our CEO to confess I and my family are lapsed season ticket holders which is directly linked to the pain & embarrassment endured over the last 6/7 seasons. Many of you people on here have managed to put that aside, as I think we all endured it not just a few, and got behind the team/club which is admirable.

There are still numerous fans out there like us that still hurt and have not returned however this nonsense today with Sevco taking the proverbial incensed me and I just had to send the email.

Stand up to them, restore some pride to us Hibbys (if Scotty has changed his mind which I hope he has not, then reserves for him but NO sale to Sevco) and we will return and support you starting now. I hope there are many feel like we do and follow the same route.

Lets see what this does for season tickets, Sevco's cheap shot could now bite their bum as we increase our sales and strengthen our position!!

GGTTH
You could just go and buy your season ticket without ultimatums to Leeann Dempster. I agree we've been through the wringer over the years and don't blame fans for chucking it in when it seemed like our club had.
However you say you'll return if we tell sevco where to go and keep Allan, if more fans like you who could come along did we wouldn't have to worry about having to sell our best players as there would be more cash to add to the squad or pay bigger wages.
More bums on seats may also persuade players to stay or sign for the club as they'll realise how big a club we actually are.
It's time to put the last few years to bed and stop using them as an excuse not to turn up now, things appear to be changing at the club for the better and it's time for fans to start coming back.
Obviously I hope Scott stays at the club but if he does leave and the cash is used to strengthen the squad then so be it. Lets see what happens over the next few days but if you and your family are considering renewing your season tickets just do it, it'll be worth it in the long run!

hibeerealist
23-07-2015, 07:58 PM
You could just go and buy your season ticket without ultimatums to Leeann Dempster. I agree we've been through the wringer over the years and don't blame fans for chucking it in when it seemed like our club had.
However you say you'll return if we tell sevco where to go and keep Allan, if more fans like you who could come along did we wouldn't have to worry about having to sell our best players as there would be more cash to add to the squad or pay bigger wages.
More bums on seats may also persuade players to stay or sign for the club as they'll realise how big a club we actually are.
It's time to put the last few years to bed and stop using them as an excuse not to turn up now, things appear to be changing at the club for the better and it's time for fans to start coming back.
Obviously I hope Scott stays at the club but if he does leave and the cash is used to strengthen the squad then so be it. Lets see what happens over the next few days but if you and your family are considering renewing your season tickets just do it, it'll be worth it in the long run!

I Did not issue an ultimatum Yuillsy, I said in my email if the club show ambition and restore some pride then fans like ourselves would need to support that!

snooky
23-07-2015, 07:59 PM

I must say, I admire your optimism, Mr Y. :coffee:

emerald green
23-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Aye Kev it is, MUCH bigger!! White flag if he goes west, think of how much it will boost them and deflate us!!!!

IF Sevco offer a massive fee in one go then and only then can we sell to them, absolute minimum 750k.

The bit in bold - I keep reading on this forum that Sevco don't have any money. They are skint, broke, they have no money etc I keep reading. Where, therefore, is any massive fee going to magically appear from?

On the other hand, some others say Hibs should only sell Allan for £500k, £750k, £1m, and well above.

So, are Sevco skint or are they not? I really don't know. :confused:

Yuillsy
23-07-2015, 08:12 PM
I Did not issue an ultimatum Yuillsy, I said in my email if the club show ambition and restore some pride then fans like ourselves would need to support that!

Fair enough, I read between the lines and got the impression it was more of an ultimatum as in "keep Allan and I'll buy a season ticket".

I agree though that we should tell Rangers to bolt as it would put the club back years and ruin any trust built up with supporters over the last year.

Baldy Foghorn
23-07-2015, 09:41 PM

GGTTH

So will you not buy one if SA is sold elsewhere?

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2015, 09:59 PM

GGTTH

I hate these attention seeking look at me posts.

Baldy Foghorn
23-07-2015, 10:01 PM

:agree::agree:

kaimendhibs
23-07-2015, 10:02 PM
:agree::agree:

Do you do irony

Baldy Foghorn
23-07-2015, 10:03 PM
Do you do irony

What?

If you have something to say, let's hear it.......

hibeerealist
24-07-2015, 09:41 AM

Supported Hibs for over 50 years. For many years went everywhere to see them, live Hibs!

M sons all brought up Hibbys and went home and away with me. Then their kids come along and brought up same.

Did you read my post, a you seem to agree I am merely an attention supporting clown, the last 7 or so seasons were just too much to take and WE ARE NOT ALONE, just look at the season ticket sales/attendances.

Daily posters like you and the Baldy one seem to think you have some kind of superiority over many good supporters just because they happen to differ to you.

You both strike me as the type who moan about the supporters who come out for Semi's and finals, would you rather Hibs just had their "hardcore 8,000" at hampden then???

Jokers!!! Another thing that has crept into the Hibby family - he self appointed uber fans who think they can judge and label all the others!!