PDA

View Full Version : Ambition

matty_f
23-07-2015, 11:38 AM
Hibs latest statement about Scott Allan staying at Hibs is further evidence, IMHO, that there is genuine football ambition at the club, driven from the top.

I would love it if more fans shared that ambition and bought into it with season tickets.

We finally seem to have a club that is more interested in building a team than breaking even. Time to back them as a support and get this great club promoted together.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 11:40 AM
Real ambition would be offering him a contract he could not refuse so that he is settled for the season and we don't have this in January. Done right it need not cost us any money and could make us some.

Oscar T Grouch
23-07-2015, 11:40 AM
We really need a like button on this forum! What Matty said!

Hermit Crab
23-07-2015, 11:43 AM
Just had a text saying bid has been upped to 350k. He's not for sale, especially to the Huns.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 11:46 AM
Btw good statement though from Hibs. Going public with the figure means Rangers know there is no hiding place for them with their fans on any new bid. They will know just how skint they are.

Mikey09
23-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Real ambition would be offering him a contract he could not refuse so that he is settled for the season and we don't have this in January. Done right it need not cost us any money and could make us some.

I think Hibs will have or are doing all they can to do this Ozy. Probably find it's Scotty who will be holding out and see what happens re promotion this season and then take it from there. I for one am just delighted he is a Hibs player this season. :agree:

matty_f
23-07-2015, 11:54 AM

Meanwhile in the real world Hibs can't give him an offer he can't refuse. We have offered him better terms though. Hibs could get closer to an offer he can't refuse if half the folk who go for tickets for cup finals got a season ticket each though.

Hibernia&Alba
23-07-2015, 12:01 PM
If we keep him, it will certainly be a welcome demonstration of intent and will go down very well with the support. Just need to stick to our guns now.

easty
23-07-2015, 12:02 PM
I think Hibs will have or are doing all they can to do this Ozy. Probably find it's Scotty who will be holding out and see what happens re promotion this season and then take it from there. I for one am just delighted he is a Hibs player this season. :agree:

I dont think it matters if we get promoted or not, he'll still leave. I do think we'll hold onto him til the end of the season though.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 12:07 PM
Meanwhile in the real world Hibs can't give him an offer he can't refuse. We have offered him better terms though. Hibs could get closer to an offer he can't refuse if half the folk who go for tickets for cup finals got a season ticket each though.

A deal could easily be structured giving him a much higher wage just now in return for a buy out clause kicking in next summer. So long as the figure exceeds what we have laid out in wages, would be good for us.
Say you triple his wages to £6k pw and give him £100k signing on fee just now with a £1m buy out clause next summer, could be beneficial to all concerned.
We win and Allan wins. It can be done. We just have to think smartly about it

easty
23-07-2015, 12:17 PM
A deal could easily be structured giving him a much higher wage just now in return for a buy out clause kicking in next summer. So long as the figure exceeds what we have laid out in wages, would be good for us.
Say you triple his wages to £6k pw and give him £100k signing on fee just now with a £1m buy out clause next summer, could be beneficial to all concerned.

So then what happens with Fyvvie goes to Stubbs door tomorrow saying "if he's getting £6k a week, I want more money too.", then Cummings, then Malonga, then Fontaine.

We can't afford to pay anyone £6k a week at Hibs. It doesn't fit into our wage structure. It's easy to say we have £X amount of wages for the whole squad, and the manager can do with it as he pleases, but you do have to factor in that once one player gets more money, others will follow.

As for a £100k signing on fee, thats just never going to happen.

Lucius Apuleius
23-07-2015, 12:18 PM
That's an extra 300k.Reckon we have it?

PeeJay
23-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Hibs latest statement about Scott Allan staying at Hibs is further evidence, IMHO, that there is genuine football ambition at the club, driven from the top.

I would love it if more fans shared that ambition and bought into it with season tickets.

We finally seem to have a club that is more interested in building a team than breaking even. Time to back them as a support and get this great club promoted together.

Hibs instant refusal of their derogatory offer does not really indicate a sense of genuine football ambition as you claim IMO - if they had offered us 2-5 million and we had said no, maybe then you could speak of "ambition": this is just a common sense response to a stupid offer.

As I see it, genuine ambition in a footballing sense would have seen the club buy in some high-profile players that will ensure we get promotion this year ... seems we brought in a few injured players instead ... you're not really going to sell many more season tickets on the back of that, are you?

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 12:42 PM
So then what happens with Fyvvie goes to Stubbs door tomorrow saying "if he's getting £6k a week, I want more money too.", then Cummings, then Malonga, then Fontaine.

We can't afford to pay anyone £6k a week at Hibs. It doesn't fit into our wage structure. It's easy to say we have £X amount of wages for the whole squad, and the manager can do with it as he pleases, but you do have to factor in that once one player gets more money, others will follow.

As for a £100k signing on fee, thats just never going to happen.

Tell them to come back when they are as good as Scott Allan. Players accept that not everyone is on the same deal. It's a very capitalist world, pro football. Strikers earn more than defenders and goalies. It's just the way it is.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 12:44 PM
That's an extra 300k.Reckon we have it?

I think we could make it happen especially as it could result in a winfall for the club a year down the track.

easty
23-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Tell them to come back when they are as good as Scott Allan. Players accept that not everyone is on the same deal. It's a very capitalist world, pro football. Strikers earn more than defenders and goalies. It's just the way it is.

It's not, though.

Anyway, I don't know what the players at Hibs are paid, but I'm pretty sure if we handed one player a contract worth 4 times as much as they get, there would be some unhappy players.

marinello59
23-07-2015, 01:41 PM

Unless he saw his long term future at Hibs then why on earth would he sign up to anything like that. As a free agent he could negotiate a signing on fee / wage bigger than anything extra we could offer him.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 01:45 PM
He's not a free agent for another year yet. This gives him an immediate lift in wages.
Are Sevco offering him much more than £6k a week? Is anybody?

DownInAlbion
23-07-2015, 01:54 PM
I'm going to take a guess and say you don't run a business do you, Allan is our player so un till we are informed otherwise can we keep the ludicrous suggestions to a minimum. Also I really don't think our season is dependant on Scott Allan, he's great to watch but I believe Malonga or Hanlon are equally important

PatHead
23-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Matty not so sure it is a statement of ambition as it was a pathetic offer which was made to appease their fans. I don't believe they thought Hibs would let everyone know how pathetic it was.

The issuing of the statement does however show a different attitude within the club and demonstrates who is in charge. So for anyone who says they are not buying a season ticket because of Petrie can I ask they think again and give the club all the support they can whether that be through season tickets, shares or HSL.

This is a very different club to the one which got relegated.

The more money in the club the better we will be and the more likely Alan Stubbs can pull another Scott Allan out of the hat.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 02:05 PM
I'm going to take a guess and say you don't run a business do you, Allan is our player so un till we are informed otherwise can we keep the ludicrous suggestions to a minimum. Also I really don't think our season is dependant on Scott Allan, he's great to watch but I believe Malonga or Hanlon are equally important

Guess away.
Hibs have not been very good at holding on to their best players recently, so it was just a suggestion.

Mathias Jack
23-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Guess away.
Hibs have not been very good at holding on to their best players recently, so it was just a suggestion.

Genuine question...how recent? And care to mention who?
I can't rememeber us selling off or letting anyone go of any great value recently... :confused:

PatHead
23-07-2015, 02:21 PM
Guess away.

Hope that the fact that we have turned down 2 bids for Scott Allan from Dundee Utd and now the new club shows that we don't jump at the first offer. Also holding on to Fraser Fyvie should not be under-estimated as he was wanted by other clubs but has bought into Hibs new structure. I would bet he had more financially lucrative offers from elsewhere.

The long term contracts to Gray, re-signing of Oxley and Fontaine also point to good things. Rumoured Lewis had other offers too.

I think Hibs will have made Scott Allan a very good offer, however, he is a young guy with a new family and is looking after himself. He has already seen the grass is not always greener on the other side and may simply be enjoying his football just now.

Lets look at the positives and back the club.

DownInAlbion
23-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Hope that the fact that we have turned down 2 bids for Scott Allan from Dundee Utd and now the new club shows that we don't jump at the first offer. Also holding on to Fraser Fyvie should not be under-estimated as he was wanted by other clubs but has bought into Hibs new structure. I would bet he had more financially lucrative offers from elsewhere.

The long term contracts to Gray, re-signing of Oxley and Fontaine also point to good things. Rumoured Lewis had other offers too.

I think Hibs will have made Scott Allan a very good offer, however, he is a young guy with a new family and is looking after himself. He has already seen the grass is not always greener on the other side and may simply be enjoying his football just now.

Lets look at the positives and back the club.
110% this

23-07-2015, 02:32 PM

I agree.

Unlike when Brown, Whittaker, Thompson, Murray, Riordan etc. were being sold to the OF, Rangers are now a direct rival to us. Years ago, although selling to the huns was bad, at least rangers didn't have that much of an effect on us as they were miles ahead of us challenging celtic at the top of the SPL. Now however, we are direct rivals with them and will be battling this season for the title so we can't afford to hand them any sort of advantages.

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Genuine question...how recent? And care to mention who?
I can't rememeber us selling off or letting anyone go of any great value recently... :confused:

Maybe that's partly why we are in the 2nd division?

JimBHibees
23-07-2015, 03:11 PM

Absolutely it makes a positive change to have a player other teams want.

lyonhibs
23-07-2015, 03:39 PM
He's not a free agent for another year yet. This gives him an immediate lift in wages.
Are Sevco offering him much more than £6k a week? Is anybody?

Outwith Celtic in Scottish football? For new contracts starting this season?

I'd assume not, for the simple reason that it would be utter folly to do so.

Scott Allan - IMHO - won't be signing an extension, if we base our assumptions of what Hibs are offering him on Planet Earth.

Let's just enjoy him will we can. Unless he jumps ship to the Huns before the season starts, in which case he can GTF. Re: January, the best way to minimize the risk of Rangers looking extra appealing then would be to - as a team - knock the arse out of the first half of the season and be 10+ points clear by Christmas.

If Hearts can do it, why can't we?

Mathias Jack
23-07-2015, 03:42 PM

True that...or having an ex-manager thats had more clubs than Tiger Woods, is why

Championship by the way, not 2nd Division :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
23-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Seen a lot of stuff on this and the transfer thread etc with folk saying Scott Allan should be left to rot in the development squad if he says he wants away and Hibs getting accused of not bumping the Zombies out of hand. It seems to me folk are getting a bit hysterical over all this.

Scott Allan has not, as yet, handed in a transfer request or even hinted that he wants to leave. Hibs have stated that offers for the player are "unwelcome"

I'm not sure what else the player or the club can do at this stage. Hibs cant turn round and say Scott Allan isn't for sale and be believed, every player is 'for sale' even at the worlds biggest clubs. The way folk are going on its beginning to look like many fans are starting to believe we are a one man team, what does that do for the self esteem of the other players at the club.

If Allan is sold it will be a big loss, but it will not be the end of the world, we still have a number of good players and with a few additions we would still be able to challenge for the league .... The sale of Allan to the Zombies would not have me cutting up my season ticket, but having said that, from a sporting and PR point of view it would be a very, very, stupid thing to do.

All I'm saying is lets not all go off at a tangent getting our Green & White knickers in a twist ..... at least not yet anyway :greengrin

GGTTH

silverhibee
23-07-2015, 04:21 PM

If another 2000 fans bought ST in the next month it wouldn't mean he would sign a better deal, I think the lad has made his mind up to see out his contract and leave Hibs at the end of the season.

Baldy Foghorn
23-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Unless he saw his long term future at Hibs then why on earth would he sign up to anything like that. As a free agent he could negotiate a signing on fee / wage bigger than anything extra we could offer him.

Exactly, he will see his year out then leave....Talk of giving him 6k a week in unreal, we are Hibs remember....Live within our means, or do we just go back into huge debts to appease certain quarters?

superfurryhibby
23-07-2015, 04:46 PM
Seen a lot of stuff on this and the transfer thread etc with folk saying Scott Allan should be left to rot in the development squad if he says he wants away and Hibs getting accused of not bumping the Zombies out of hand. It seems to me folk are getting a bit hysterical over all this.

GGTTH

Not sure if the hysteria part is intended to be ironic? I say this because no one on this thread has suggested Allan should be left to rot in the reserves. Can't speak for the other thread, not really read it:greengrin

From my perspective if would be most unlikely that Hibs will sell to Rangers. The only way that might change is if they made an offer of ridiculous size. By that I mean way in excess of a million. That ain't going to happen.

The nightmare scenario that might unfold is that he asks for a transfer. I don't want to worry too much about that. If he does then **** him. He has said he wants to stay, the club say they won't sell. I trust that is all that matters at the moment.

southern hibby
23-07-2015, 04:54 PM

Bought my season ticket and cup top up today.

GGTTH

southern hibby
23-07-2015, 04:59 PM

I said in another thread offer him 2-3 year extension and his wages then when we sell he gets between a third and half of the money Hibs get in.

win, win for both club and player
GGTTH

Borderhibbie76
23-07-2015, 05:01 PM
According to STV news Allan is pushing for a move to Sevco...here we go again

Ronniekirk
23-07-2015, 05:13 PM
According to STV news Allan is pushing for a move to Sevco...here we go again

Let's wait and see the source they quote,or if there is a further statement from hibs to confirm this Hibs were expecting a second bid and had indicated they would reject it so S A would know that If he has come out as early in the process as this to say he wants a move to Rangers then it's clear he has been tapped up and we should be looking to do something about it . but as I say I would wait till the club confirm anything .

hibee
23-07-2015, 05:30 PM
The pathetic amount being offered is disgraceful and on top of this they want to set up a payment plan. There's a good chance they'll go bust again and refuse to pay anyway.

I don't care if he wants to go, he should never be sold to them.

Titch
23-07-2015, 05:45 PM
As the title says if we sell Scott to them after all that's been said by the club I'm finished with Hibs

Last Minute
23-07-2015, 05:46 PM

Well said. Pity some fans don't back us to do this but have their moans when something like this happens. Get behind the club and get a season ticket

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

easty
23-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Good supporter. 👍

3pm
23-07-2015, 05:51 PM
As the title says if we sell Scott to them after all that's been said by the club I'm finished with Hibs

See ye!

Mr White
23-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Will you come back if we beat them to the title?

Ricky Bobby
23-07-2015, 05:52 PM
see ya :bye:

Leith Green
23-07-2015, 05:54 PM
I think the o.p makes fair comment tbh... Didnt Hibs make a statement saying Allan wont be sold end of??

Viva_Palmeiras
23-07-2015, 10:22 PM

Presumably weren't around for the takeover? If you were mibbie cast your mind back put things into perspective before throwing it all away...

Titch
23-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Good supporter. 

Spend around 20% of my wages going to the games and despite my better judgement renewed my season tickets for this year even though I'll be posted to Ireland and will only make 3-4 games but thanks for your input it's much appreciated :not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

Titch
23-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Might I add its the feel good factor around the club at the minute which has caused me to renew said tickets so if we sell to them that disappears

greenlex
24-07-2015, 03:10 AM
You'll have to think a bit smarter. What happens if no one wants him for a million in the summer? All those, wages we can't afford still have to be paid. What's plan B if that happens?

Ozyhibby
24-07-2015, 05:28 AM
You'll have to think a bit smarter. What happens if no one wants him for a million in the summer? All those, wages we can't afford still have to be paid. What's plan B if that happens?

We could sell him for £450,000 and still be ahead on the deal.
If he gets injured, which is the only way I can see that no one wants to pay that for him, then it would be a strain on resources but would not break us.
Much like having to pay for two managers last season, or the strain of losing 3000 fans of our home attendances over the last 7 years. Adjustments would need to be made.

greenlex
24-07-2015, 05:37 PM
If he gets injured, which is the only way I can see that no one wants to pay that for him, then it would be a strain on resources but would not break us.
Much like having to pay for two managers last season, or the strain of losing 3000 fans of our home attendances over the last 7 years. Adjustments would need to be made. ......................and if no one want to stump up £450k?

Ozyhibby
24-07-2015, 05:54 PM
......................and if no one want to stump up £450k?

Well, at £350k we'll break even. ;-)

SquashedFrogg
24-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Matty not so sure it is a statement of ambition as it was a pathetic offer which was made to appease their fans. I don't believe they thought Hibs would let everyone know how pathetic it was.

The issuing of the statement does however show a different attitude within the club and demonstrates who is in charge. So for anyone who says they are not buying a season ticket because of Petrie can I ask they think again and give the club all the support they can whether that be through season tickets, shares or HSL.

This is a very different club to the one which got relegated.

The more money in the club the better we will be and the more likely Alan Stubbs can pull another Scott Allan out of the hat.

Great move by the club. Firstly it keeps the fans aware of what is happening and also demonstrates to the footballing fraternity how completely unprofessional Rangers are. Derisory offer proves they're skint and to do it 2 days before a completive match between the 2 sides shows how desperate they are to de-rail our preparation.

Absolute **** - from top to bottom

matty_f
28-07-2015, 10:47 AM
A good video here from Alan Stubbs: https://t.co/3o187al1Ac which I think fits well with the sentiment behind this thread.

Bad Martini
28-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Much like having to pay for two managers last season, or the strain of losing 3000 fans of our home attendances over the last 7 years. Adjustments would need to be made.

As you correctly point out, what happens if he gets injured? And what happens if it's a really bad one?

Do you think we have £350k to write off? We dont. Source: the real world.

The bottom line is, we have him for this season as per his contract. He should see that out. The sounds from the club is this is what they will be looking to happen and they dont want to sell to anyone, and certainly WONT sell, to rangers at any price.

So, what will happen? He will see out his contract, then leave. Fair dues. If he does his job in the interim, then we're all square? He gets paid, we get his services and nobody can say **** all to anyone as it's all good no?

Everything else on this matter, is really just hypothetical or nonsensical rambling, paper induced bollocks bull****. Source: my eyes :na na:

ENDOF

matty_f
28-07-2015, 06:34 PM
I feel genuinely inspired by that statement. I'm proud of my club.:flag::not worth
i was planning to walk up for this season but Im thinking of getting a season ticket just off the back of reading that. Is it really true, the days of going on bended knee to every whim of those ****ing old firm ****s really over?

Quoting this from the other thread because this is exactly what we need to do as a support now.

Back the club, if we can't play Scott Allan because his head's been turned then let's give the club our support to get a better player in to replace him.

Largshibby
28-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Tin hat on but I dont see the point of keeping hold of a player who no longer wants to play for the club. We should sell him for as much as we can get even if it is to Sevco because its the economic reality of where Hibs are. We cash in on our best assets. The money we get could bring in McGeoch, McCabe, McGinn and maybe one or two others. Overall I think we would end up with a stronger squad which is what we want and need. We shouldn't be a one man team. SA played a lot of games for us last season and we still FAILED to win the league, FAILED to beat Sevco over two legs in the play-offs and FAILED to beat Falkirk in a cup semi final. Good player, yes but he's no Iniesta. This time last year we'd barely heard of him.

Eyrie
28-07-2015, 10:39 PM
Tin hat on but I dont see the point of keeping hold of a player who no longer wants to play for the club. We should sell him for as much as we can get even if it is to Sevco because its the economic reality of where Hibs are. We cash in on our best assets. The money we get could bring in McGeoch, McCabe, McGinn and maybe one or two others. Overall I think we would end up with a stronger squad which is what we want and need. We shouldn't be a one man team. SA played a lot of games for us last season and we still FAILED to win the league, FAILED to beat Sevco over two legs in the play-offs and FAILED to beat Falkirk in a cup semi final. Good player, yes but he's no Iniesta. This time last year we'd barely heard of him.

The exception to that would be Sevco Huns. The club has rightly been applauded for ruling that option out.

The situation would only be different if Sevco Huns had a wealthy owner with a spare £20m as they could then offer us £1m paid up front, which is what a bigger club would do rather than £175k payable only when various unlikely conditions are met.

GreenCastle
28-07-2015, 10:44 PM

You don't sell to a main title rival - rare in football to do so.

Different league or not direct competition this would have a different outcome.

shetlandhibee
28-07-2015, 11:54 PM
so just sell to rangers and we wont fail next time? even if we dont go up this season its a stance the club ,has,.! to make, rangers would be strengthened,! IMO we would be weakened as a club! we are looking to bring in new midfielders anyway, im proud the club have come out with that statment.....:agree: