PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT: SCOTT ALLAN

RSS Bot
23-07-2015, 09:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5579)

marinello59
23-07-2015, 09:21 AM
That will do for me. He is staying.

Pretty Boy
23-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Case closed.

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Well done Hibs, once again they try to take the pish by offering a ridiculous amount.........sent them packing.

CropleyWasGod
This part......"with payment terms to be negotiated"...... says a lot to me about RFC's finances. :agree:

Stevie Reid
Excellent. Fully expected such a statement from the club and am not disappointed.

23-07-2015, 09:24 AM
Now piss off huns and shove yer embarrassing offer where the sun don't shine :bye::giruy2:

Billy Whizz
23-07-2015, 09:24 AM
Let's get a few more in the ground on Saturday, support the club and their finances.
Well done Hibs

Hibs90
23-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Now piss off huns and shove yer embarrassing offer where the sun don't shine :bye::giruy2:

This, **** of the earth.:greengrin

KeithTheHibby
23-07-2015, 09:28 AM
This part......"with payment terms to be negotiated"...... says a lot to me about RFC's finances. :agree:

Agreed. Also worth noting that there was no need for Hibs to disclose the details of the deal however as it was so derisory I don't blame them.

Stevie Reid
23-07-2015, 09:29 AM
A derisory offer like that confirms that they simply do not have enough money to get him.

Bostonhibby
23-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Bolt - good stuff from the club and disclosing the huns offer and its terms tells everyone what their finances look like.

Keith_M
23-07-2015, 09:34 AM
Also worth noting that there was no need for Hibs to disclose the details of the deal however as it was so derisory I don't blame them.

:agree:

This may sound like a wacky conspiracy theory but I've been wondering if the sole reason for this 'bid', and the media speculation about it, is because DerHun are so desperate for their fans to buy more Season Tickets.

They're skint and desperate for money & it looks like their current 'white knight' lied to them about how much he was gonna spend on the club.

brog
23-07-2015, 09:37 AM
Bolt - good stuff from the club and disclosing the huns offer and its terms tells everyone what their finances look like.

Possibly the most succinct yet comprehensive statement I've ever read from Hibs. Well done to all at the club but mainly I suspect LD. She may turn out to be our best signing in many years!
:thumbsup:
Now, get out & support our club in whatever way possible!

magpie1892
23-07-2015, 09:41 AM
£175k of staggered payments. GTF you hun pricks.

The hun really are skint. They're going to need that cash for the last year of Ian Black's contract @ £8k/week anyway.

Good on Hibs for disclosing the details of the 'bid'.

Mikey09
23-07-2015, 09:42 AM

That part jumped out at me as well!! If I were a Rangers fan (perish the thought!) I would be asking serious questions re this statement... :agree:

Lago
23-07-2015, 09:42 AM
Great response, now hibs should nail it by announcing a couple of much needed signings.

stoneyburn hibs
23-07-2015, 09:43 AM
Good, let's now stop the knicker twisting.
SA to score against the Huns on Saturday.

Diclonius
23-07-2015, 09:43 AM
Good. Get ****ed Rangers.

Bad Martini
23-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Endof

lord bunberry
23-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Let's get a few more in the ground on Saturday, support the club and their finances.
Well done Hibs

I hope this happens. We've told them to beat it, we've stood up to them. We need the fans to show the same attitude now.

PeeJay
23-07-2015, 09:53 AM
The offer seems so ridiculously low to me, I assume this has to be their version of some "mind games" aimed at destabilising the club, its supporters and the team, with no serious intent behind it ... then again it could be all they have left in the war chest?

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 09:58 AM
I hope this happens. We've told them to beat it, we've stood up to them. We need the fans to show the same attitude now.

Exactly. Get down to Easter road and support the team now.

O'Rourke3
23-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Maybe Mr King has been in cryogenic state for a few years and Dr Evil like is citing an amount that used to turn heads :dunno:. Maybe we should offer them Colin Stein....

Sent via the bushes @ EM

CropleyWasGod
23-07-2015, 10:01 AM
The offer seems so ridiculously low to me, I assume this has to be their version of some "mind games" aimed at destabilising the club, its supporters and the team, with no serious intent behind it ... then again it could be all they have left in the war chest?

The fact that they wanted the payments staggered tells me that they don't even have that in the chest.:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
23-07-2015, 10:01 AM
£175,000 :faf:

Staggered payments :faf: :faf:

The offer wasn't difficult to turn down must be polite boardroom talk for 'when we had stopped greetin' with laughter we managed to force out NO before we all started rolling about on the floor again'

Iain G
23-07-2015, 10:05 AM

The offer wasn't difficult to turn down must be polite boardroom talk for 'when we had stopped greetin' with laughter we managed to force out NO before we all started rolling about on the floor again'

I have a vision of Leeann taking the call and just laughing for two minutes solid before putting the phone down... :greengrin

They can't even afford to pay £175k in one go, so much for Kings Millions huh, waste of oxygen the lot of them :agree:

AlbertK86
23-07-2015, 10:10 AM
Let's get a few more in the ground on Saturday, support the club and their finances. Well done Hibs

Well said

Hibs90
23-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Stubbs just on SSN saying we are not welcoming any bids, our position hasn't changed. Says the bid doesn't say alot for what Rangers think of the player. He will speak to Scott this morning and reiterates Scott being a big part of our plans.

stokesmessiah
23-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Ha ha, this little arse's comments on bearsden seem pretty funny now...

Google'd 'hibs forum' and ended up on something called HibsNet; what a laugh. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

They're sitting ducks and there's absolutely f*** all they can do about it. A second-rate, s***e, little selling club who are well aware that anyone of value won't last long at Easter Road.

Low-balling them is a wise move and whilst we return with bid after bid, Allan must do his part. I doubt he'll play on Saturday.

If you want a laugh, jump on HibsNet. They're genuinely spewing, they hate us as much as they hate Hearts. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

magpie1892
23-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Stubbs just on SSN saying we are not welcoming any bids, our position hasn't changed. Says the bid doesn't say alot for what Rangers think of the player. He will speak to Scott this morning and reiterates Scott being a big part of our plans.

Great thread on this on swallowswallow.com - the levels of delusion are utterly staggering.

SaulGoodman
23-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Dear Sevco fans.

I hate you more than Hearts fans actually you deluded inbred mutants.

Thecat23
23-07-2015, 10:28 AM
For any Huns looking in...

You're team died, yes DIED! You are skint and everyone in Scotland is still laughing at how embarrassing you's handle yourselves.

Ps, keep drinking Buckie and pumping your sisters.

magpie1892
23-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Great thread on this on swallowswallow.com - the levels of delusion are utterly staggering.

"550K is the fee rumoured on twitter. They want 750k" :faf:

itslegaltender
23-07-2015, 10:30 AM
their twitter hashtag they are trying to use for Scott Allan is #handitin

Please dont try and hijack it with the likes of "wheres the deeds? #handitin" or "wheres the unpaid taxes? #handitin" :giruy2:

jdships
23-07-2015, 10:31 AM

:thumbsup::agree:
Have a business contact , in W of S who has done work for the Ibrox club over the past six months or so and he has been " asked" if he will accept settlement of his invoices in two payments !!
That says a lot in itself and reminds one of the Jambo's a couple of years ago

:cb

Pretty Boy
We should offer £125K for Lee Wallace.

Seems about right to me by Rangers pricing standards.

truehibernian

:faf::faf::faf::not worth

Don Giovanni
Was there a zero missing from the end of The Rangers offer? :bitchy: Deary me.

Solid statement from the club :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
23-07-2015, 10:32 AM
their twitter hashtag they are trying to use for Scott Allan is #handitin

Please dont try and hijack it with the likes of "wheres the deeds? #handitin" or "wheres the unpaid taxes? #handitin" :giruy2:

Should it not be #biscuittin, with their derisory bid

Cabbage East
23-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Hun mutants. Can't wait for them to get rattled again on Saturday.

Smartie
23-07-2015, 10:35 AM
#potless

#glibandshamelessliar

madhibby
23-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Living in the West I come across a few Huns fans. One at the gym this morning told me he is a friend of John Viola who is supposedly Scott Allan’s agent. According to him the deal is agreed and it will be anounced tomorrow Friday that Scott Allan has signed for Rangers. I told him I don’t believe a word of it. Lets hope I’m right.

PatHead
23-07-2015, 10:51 AM
Living in the West I come across a few Huns fans. One at the gym this morning told me he is a friend of John Viola who is supposedly Scott Allan’s agent. According to him the deal is agreed and it will be anounced tomorrow Friday that Scott Allan has signed for Rangers. I told him I don’t believe a word of it. Lets hope I’m right.

Have you not read the Hibs statement? No fee has been agreed, he is going nowhere as things stand.

They are playing to their audience.

Col2
23-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Decent statement but I would have gone further and instead of saying

"“Scott Allan is one of Scotland’s best midfield talents and last season’s Championship player of the year, and any approaches for him are unwelcome.”

I would have said....

“Scott Allan is one of Scotland’s best midfield talents and last season’s Championship player of the year, he is not for sale and to be absolutely clear, no bid of any amount will be accepted by the club from one of the our main rivals in the championship. The clubs single focus remains to win the championship and gain promotion back to the premiership this coming season.”

1875godsgift
23-07-2015, 10:56 AM
£175,000???!!! In instalments???!!!

The Old rangers football club must be turning in its grave.
They used to spend that much just on Silvo in a season, to polish the tarnished trophies they cheated their way to winning by defrauding the taxpayer out of millions of pounds.

How the mighty have fallen.

Now just **** off and take your begging bowl somewhere else ya bigoted hub tramps.

Thomson
23-07-2015, 10:58 AM
I would have said....

“Scott Allan is one of Scotland’s best midfield talents and last season’s Championship player of the year, he is not for sale and to be absolutely clear, no bid of any amount will be accepted by the club from one of the our main rivals in the championship. The clubs single focus remains to win the championship and gain promotion back to the premiership this coming season. So **** off you hun ****s

Added a bit extra for you :aok:

HappyHanlon
23-07-2015, 11:03 AM
We should offer £125K for Lee Wallace.

Seems about right to me by Rangers pricing standards.

In staggered payments :wink:

PatHead
23-07-2015, 11:09 AM
£175,000???!!! In instalments???!!!

The Old rangers football club must be turning in its grave.
They used to spend that much just on Silvo in a season, to polish the tarnished trophies they cheated their way to winning by defrauding the taxpayer out of millions of pounds.

How the mighty have fallen.

Now just **** off and take your begging bowl somewhere else ya bigoted hub tramps.

They haven't really and this is a true story.

When Goodwillie was down at Blackburn undergoing his medical the old club phoned Dundee Utd and said they would match Blackburns' fee. Thomson asked them how they intended paying him and they said the first instalment would be paid at the end of the season.

Thomson put the phone down but the submissive press said that Rangers had matched Blackburn's bid but big bad Dundee Utd wouldn't sell.

New club, same tactics but Hibs have called their bluff by letting everyone know the bid.

Last night I was told by a Hun that they had offered £450k. These rumours would have grown and grown.

Mikey09
23-07-2015, 11:15 AM
In staggered payments :wink:

Yep... £1 a week for 125,000 weeks sounds good! :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
23-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Quite right to show them up with that 'bid'. That should be the end of it.

hhibs
23-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Dear Sevco fans.

This!!

ALF TUPPER
23-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Dear Sevco fans.

Hahahahaha So nicely put. 👍

GIRUY Sevco ****

ALF TUPPER
23-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Love the response from official Hibs.

Now let's bury these mutants on Saturday.

GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
23-07-2015, 12:19 PM
http://www.biancamarieta.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/facebook-ads.jpg

Hibiza
23-07-2015, 12:20 PM
HAW !!!!! Sevco(2) [Scotland] Ltd........:giruy2:

ALF TUPPER
23-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Working in the Weege, as i do, I'm fair enjoying verebally abusing the mutants today. :greengrin

Mon the Hibees !!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

GreenLake
23-07-2015, 12:41 PM
A stupidly low offer from a lowlife bunch of scavengers.

They faxed it in because they can't afford an Internet connection.

Leeann crumpled up the fax and sky-hooked it into the trash can.

snooky
23-07-2015, 01:05 PM

That's how I see it.

1) Gets their fans thinking they are in the market and looking for quality players.
2) (A vain) Attempt to destabilise the harmony in Hibs dressing room.
3) If Hibs were actually daft enough (oh, ma sides :rotflmao:) to consider their offer they'd be getting the bargain of the century.
4) If they did pull it off, they could just default on the "payments to be arranged" agreement down the line and get him for even less.

Good to see Leeann swatting this annoying little weegie midgie. :clapper:

--------
23-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Personally I will be content when this transfer window comes to an end with Scott Allan still at the club and no more speculation.

Makes me nervous.

magpie1892
23-07-2015, 01:20 PM
A stupidly low offer from a lowlife bunch of scavengers.

They faxed it in because they can't afford an Internet connection.

Leeann crumpled up the fax and sky-hooked it into the trash can.

The WiFi in the press room wasn't working (as in, the signal wasn't even showing up on the network list) on Monday night. Been in there maybe 50 times and this was a first. Maybe they tried to pay their internet bill in instalments.

A few journos had to phone in their copy like it was the 1980s.

Smartie
23-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Personally I will be content when this transfer window comes to an end with Scott Allan still at the club and no more speculation.

Makes me nervous.

Me too.

To be honest, I'm getting to the stage where I'd be happy to see him anywhere but Ibrox with some decent cash in for him and some time to replace him.

I'm dreading the announcement that he's handed in a transfer request and wants to speak to The Rangers.

Because the idea of him going there is so unpleasant I'd accept almost anything else.

hfc rd
23-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Well said Hibs!

Now that's the end of that. SCOTT ALLAN IS STAYING AT HIBS!

So much for the supposed warchest of cash that Dave King said he had and would invest heavily. They can't even afford to pay £175,000 in one lump sum.

Any huns looking in, GIRFUY!

The_Horde
23-07-2015, 01:27 PM
I'm really worried about Scott allan going to rangers.

In the same way that I'm worried about aliens taking over the planet and big foot.

Actually, scrap that. I've seen sasquatch himself in Glasgow. Several times.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 01:41 PM

Makes me nervous.

Unless he signs a new deal the speculation won't go away. It will be ramped up even more for January.

truehibernian
23-07-2015, 01:41 PM
I'm not on Twitter but have you seen FC Stjarnan's tweet about the Daily Record - even in Iceland they know what a rag it is :aok: much respect :agree:

leggeto
23-07-2015, 01:44 PM
175k, cheeky little bollox of a club

Keith_M
23-07-2015, 01:56 PM
The Rangers must think Hibs are the equivalent of The Provy Man.

They want to agree to pay weekly, then they'll hide behind the Couch when Our Rod comes to collect the money.

CraigHibee
23-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Embarrassing by sevco,absolute ****

Pretty Boy
23-07-2015, 02:06 PM
I'm really worried about Scott allan going to rangers.

In the same way that I'm worried about aliens taking over the planet and big foot.

Actually, scrap that. I've seen sasquatch himself in Glasgow. Several times.

If aliens take over the planet I for one won't be back at ER.

Thomson
23-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Inside The SPFL ‏@AgentScotland (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland/status/624217928779612160)
Rangers are apparently furious with Hibernian for disclosing the derisory Scott Allan bid and the potential structure of said bid

:lolrangers:

:faf:

JimBHibees
23-07-2015, 02:08 PM
Inside The SPFL ‏@AgentScotland (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland/status/624217928779612160)
Rangers are apparently furious with Hibernian for disclosing the derisory Scott Allan bid and the potential structure of said bid

Good.

southsider
23-07-2015, 02:13 PM

Could not be more pleased. They are now a laughing stock. Away back under the rock you squirmed out from under.

truehibernian
23-07-2015, 02:15 PM

Weren't they the club who wanted to disclose details of the Ashley and SD deal only a few weeks ago ?

Lago
23-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Unless he signs a new deal the speculation won't go away. It will be ramped up even more for January.
Your right

23-07-2015, 02:18 PM

Aye furious because their pathetic bid has been made public and their embarrassed, especially seen as they wanted to pay us in installments. Shambles of a club. Bet they were hoping to please their knuckle dragging fans by boasting that they had bid, hoping they would never actually find out that it was all just a total 'scrape the pennies together' joke. OOOPS sorry cats out the bag!

GIFUY and ram yer laughable "bid" up yer arse!

hfc rd
23-07-2015, 02:37 PM

Hope to be proved wrong but I don't think he will sign an extension judging by below:

Alan Stubbs has urged Scott Allan to stay with Hibernian until next summer and earn a move to the English Premier League.

The midfielder has been heavily linked with a move to Championship rivals Rangers with the Ibrox club seeing a £175,000 bid rejected on Wednesday.

Allan, 23, made the move from Dundee United to West Brom in 2012 before returning to Scotland last summer after loan spells with Portsmouth and Birmingham City.

After making 42 appearances for the capital men last term, Stubbs called on Allan to remain with his men for another season before setting his sights on playing in England's top division.

Talking about Rangers' attempt to sign the player days before the two clubs meet in the Challenge Cup, Stubbs told STV: "I'm not surprised that it's come two days before we play them.

"That's Rangers' prerogative and it is our prerogative what we do with that. Nothing has changed from what I said six weeks ago.

"We as a club are prepared for Scotty to run down his contract until the end of the season and then he can leave for nothing."

Stubbs added: "Scott knows how important he is. He's a very talented player, a player that I think can play in the English Premier League.

"I wouldn't say that just for the sake of it. For me he will have plenty of offers come the end of the season and some very attractive ones.

"That's my position on it."

AK86
23-07-2015, 03:04 PM
What a despicable organisation they really are.
from top to bottom , in every aspect it is the dregs of society.

Horrible horrible people. On the plus side, their finances must be as bad as we all hope to them to be, which is pleasing.

lyonhibs
23-07-2015, 03:21 PM

Makes me nervous.

This :agree:

That offer from Rangers is clearly a bloody joke that they cannot honestly expect to have been entertained by Hibs, and well done on LD for calling them out publically on it.

Nevertheless, some facts remain immutable - SA is a childhood Rangers fan, Rangers will probably pay higher wages than us and his best mate has just signed for them.

I believe both Hibs and Scott Allan when they say he is happy at the club and I'm sure he'll go on to have a sparkling season for us.

I'll be extra sure of that once we're through this transfer window though......

Pete
23-07-2015, 03:35 PM
I think he will sign a pre contract with someone else in January and I just hope it's not Sevco as it will put us in a really awkward position. Him doing well for Hibernian would be detrimental to his future career as it could help keep rangers down.

Any carry on and I'd rather he was left on the bench than sold to them in January for a token fee as it's the lesser of two evils.

In fact, I had the choice I would rather give him away to Aberdeen, Hearts or United for nothing right now than let Sevco have him for any amount of money during any window this season.

magpie1892
23-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Inside The SPFL ‏@AgentScotland (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland) 5h5 hours ago (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland/status/624171110444191744) Rangers bid was £90k upfront, add ons for winning Title, add ons for winning any comps in next 2yrs & if they get a Euro position in 2016-17

What. The. ****.

The arrogant, deusional *******s

Pete
23-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Inside The SPFL ‏@AgentScotland (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland) 5h5 hours ago (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland/status/624171110444191744) Rangers bid was £90k upfront, add ons for winning Title, add ons for winning any comps in next 2yrs & if they get a Euro position in 2016-17

Add ons for winning the title?

That has to be a joke.

Baldy Foghorn
23-07-2015, 04:25 PM

What. The. ****.

The arrogant, deusional *******s.

Who do they think they are?

:giruy2:

magpie1892
23-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Who do they think they are?

:giruy2:

The Peepul.

They really are skint. Excellent.

Brightside
23-07-2015, 04:31 PM
2nd bid in.

CB_NO3
23-07-2015, 04:33 PM
A second bid has been launched in the last 5 minutes. Apparently 250k

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 04:34 PM

Easy to reject again :-)

magpie1892
23-07-2015, 04:38 PM

So, presumably, £120k or so up front and then the same mentalist add-ons as the previous 'bid'?

I hate these vermin more than the Yams.

Pete
23-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Easy to reject again :-)

We should actually accept the offer.

...then get Jase to phone them up ten minutes later and say "Naw...just kiddin likes"

Pretty Boy
23-07-2015, 04:42 PM
So still 100k short of a bid rejected in January.

There is no way we should entertain selling to Rangers after such blatant disrespect.

23-07-2015, 04:48 PM

What. The. ****.

The arrogant, deusional *******s

That has to be some sort of wind up surely?!

GTF ya arrogant ****ing chancers!

jacomo
23-07-2015, 05:04 PM

Shouldn't have made a derisory bid 2 days before playing us then.

Hibs were informing our support, and we are perfectly entitled to do so.

Eyrie
23-07-2015, 05:10 PM

Have they also upped their payment plan to £2.50 per week?

Ricky Bobby
23-07-2015, 05:17 PM
Ha ha, this little arse's comments on bearsden seem pretty funny now...

Google'd 'hibs forum' and ended up on something called HibsNet; what a laugh. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

They're sitting ducks and there's absolutely f*** all they can do about it. A second-rate, s***e, little selling club who are well aware that anyone of value won't last long at Easter Road.

Low-balling them is a wise move and whilst we return with bid after bid, Allan must do his part. I doubt he'll play on Saturday.

If you want a laugh, jump on HibsNet. They're genuinely spewing, they hate us as much as they hate Hearts. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

unfortunately i think the guy has a point. If SA makes a big enough noise about wanting a move, then move he will.

Pete
23-07-2015, 05:19 PM
unfortunately i think the guy has a point. If SA makes a big enough noise about wanting a move, then move he will.

Not to rangers though.

Franck Stanton
23-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Stubbs on tv just now, making all the usual noises, however STV newscaster states "Stv understand that Scott Allan has told Hibs he wants to go to Ibrox and to accept the offer on the table".

kaimendhibs
23-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Stubbs on tv just now, making all the usual noises, however STV newscaster states "Stv understand that Scott Allan has told Hibs he wants to go to Ibrox and to accept the offer on the table".

Stubbs also reiterated that Hibs are happy to let his contract run down and leave for nothing at the end

magpie1892
23-07-2015, 05:22 PM

He may well want to go to Rangers, but there is not a chance that the offer on the table will be accepted.

Franck Stanton
23-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Stubbs also reiterated that Hibs are happy to let his contract run down and leave for nothing at the end

Really hope this is the case, in fact had anyone asked me an hour ago I would have replied that was the case, however.............can't help but think that there "is no smoke without fire" REALLY hope he stays for the rest of the season. To sell, [sorry, give away -at the price quoted it is derisory], to our closest rivals for promotion would be , well suicidal to say the least.

Big L
23-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Allan wants to go!!

Ricky Bobby
23-07-2015, 05:30 PM
He may well want to go to Rangers, but there is not a chance that the offer on the table will be accepted.

IMO we will have this back and forth brinkmanship for another couple of days, Allan will then join Sevco for around 500k. In some ways i would rather he rot in the reserves than this happen , but i don't think that really is to anyones benefit. Get a decent amount of cash for him and move on. He is a good player but we are by no means a one man team.

Del Boy
23-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Allan wants to go!!

Under no circumstances sell to these ****bags.

Tha Cabbage Kid
23-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Allan wants to go!!
Better not be true!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
23-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Allan wants to go!!

Source? Other than the STV news item....

J-C
23-07-2015, 05:37 PM
If ge goes just watch the crowds vanish even more, down to 6-7 k a game

Persevere80
23-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Edinburgh evening news (via twitter)

Sammy7nil
23-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Hibs are still in control here if the board sell Allan to Rangers for anyl less than 500k plus add ons then i am afraid Hibs will be stufffed for years. Fans simply wonrt accept this lack of ambition and crowds willl continue to fall. It is up to Lee Ann and Petrie to show some resolve or capitulate as we have done for years.

TheGreenMan
23-07-2015, 05:42 PM
This is the true point where we find out what we are really all about under our new regime. Are we prepared to stand up for ourselves tell the huns and 'want away' player that we are in charge and back it up or do we roll over and admit defeat whilst preparing for a 3rd year in this part time league.

There is no chance in hell we should be giving the huns our best player, no ****ing chance. Any other team on the planet comes in with whatever we value him at then he's off - i understand that but you just cant sell to the huns, not this season, it has far too big an impact on us.

Tell him to back up his good year last year, get on with the job of winning the league, proving that he's worth the hype by actually driving us to the league title and if he's not prepared to be a man and have a bit of loyalty with Stubbs giving him his chance in football again then **** it, write off the few quid the huns offer and dont give him any football for a year.

Tha Cabbage Kid
23-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Source? Other than the STV news item....
Stv say he wants to go but apparently he said wait and see. ???? I will be very upset if he acctually wants to go i hope if this is the case hibs must try to mske him want to stay. And that means breaking the bank then so be it

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

GreenLake
23-07-2015, 05:44 PM
There is no possibility of him playing there this season. The transfer fee Leeann will set would send the huns back into administration and gift us the league.

Leith Green
23-07-2015, 05:47 PM
If we sell our best player to our main rivals the week before the season starts, then Hibs had better get a refund organised for my season ticket. That will be it for me im affraid. If he is trying to engineer a bid then id let him go but to anybody bar Rangers.. At the end of the day its Hibs call wether we sell him or not, we didnt pay a fee so lets risk losing him for nowt next season as opposed to ruining our own chances of promotion and kicking our own fans in the balls yet again. Is it conveniant timing from Hibs point of view, anyone who is gonna buy a season ticket probably has done.. Nothing would surprise me when it comes to selling players!

Ricky Bobby
23-07-2015, 05:48 PM
I dont understand the posts about not going back if he goes to Sevco. If the player is adamant that he wants to leave, then the only options are to sell him or get huffy and not play him until his contract expires, the latter option is a non starter IMO. it only damages us as a club, we get no income for the player and there is a bad atmosphere in the camp till his contact is up. We need to stand up to Sevco and get a deal that suits Hibs, but ultimately let him go and get on with winning the league without him.

kaimendhibs
23-07-2015, 05:51 PM
I dont understand the posts about not going back if he goes to Sevco. If the player is adamant that he wants to leave, then the only options are to sell him or get huffy and not play him until his contract expires, the latter option is a non starter IMO. it only damages us as a club, we get no income for the player and there is a bad atmosphere in the camp till his contact is up. We need to stand up to Sevco and get a deal that suits Hibs, but ultimately let him go and get on with winning the league without him.
People have signed up for direct debits and bought season tickets on the back of very promising statements coming from the board and manager! This is still in Hibs hands, who would they rather p off? I fully understand anyone who would feel very let down if Allan is sd to Sevco, but FWIW, I trust Leeann not to give in

Pete
23-07-2015, 05:51 PM

So the two options are selling him or "getting huffy"?

Nah. It makes sense to let him rot if he isn't happy.

Ricky Bobby
23-07-2015, 05:56 PM
So the two options are selling him or "getting huffy"?

Nah. It makes sense to let him rot if he isn't happy.

Players wanting to move on is a part of the game now. Are Liverpool fans not going back because they sold Sterling?(one of their title rivals) We have to do the same as them, get a decent deal done and move on.

Sammy7nil
23-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Totally disagree he should only ever be allowed to go to Rangers on Hibs terms not SA or his agents and as far as i can see Rangers are a very long way off meeting Hibs valuation. I think every football person would fully appreciate why SA cannot be sold to Rangers at this time on the cheap regardless of SA's stance

Lee Marvin
23-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Players wanting to move on is a part of the game now. Are Liverpool fans not going back because they sold Sterling?(one of their title rivals) We have to do the same as them, get a decent deal done and move on.

It's a different situation. Liverpool have no chance of the league and are not direct rivals. If we sell to them, it's season over. Lets be honest.

Let him rot if he has asked to go to them.

Smartie
23-07-2015, 05:59 PM

This isn't a situation of Hibs' making so from that point of view I have some sympathy for them. It really is a "lose-lose" situation.

But in this case I think the better of the evils is to let him rot. At least you keep your fans on side (remember - these are fans who have put through the wringer by the club over the past decade, the trust there is fragile at best and they won't take much encouragement to pack it in for good.)

We can't let The Rangers be strengthened by the signing of Scott Allan for a pittance. It's only a year left on his contract - what we would lose in letting him rot would be much less than if we were to let him go for less than he's worth. And in this case, this season of all seasons this is a transfer that is worth an awful lot to us, way more than they can afford.

If you weigh up the cost of letting him rot versus what would be lost in financial AND goodwill terms with our own, long-suffering but at times "flighty" support then it really is a no-brainer. And that is a decision based on logic AND financial common sense and nothing to do with petty, small-minded stubbornness.

Sammy7nil
23-07-2015, 06:00 PM

They got 49 million and City are not their rivals Spurs and Everton are. City are in a different league there is no comparrison. If Rangers offer 1 million or more he can go imho

Leith Green
23-07-2015, 06:01 PM

Because it leaves Hibs open to other clubs pulling the same trick when they want our player on the cheap... Keep him from joining the huns at all costs to keep our chances of promotion higher and to actually stand up for ourselves.. Lets put our own fans first here, we didnt pay a fee for him, so we have notjing financially to lose

Ricky Bobby
23-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Totally disagree he should only ever be allowed to go to Rangers on Hibs terms not SA or his agents and as far as i can see Rangers are a very long way off meeting Hibs valuation. I think every football person would fully appreciate why SA cannot be sold to Rangers at this time on the cheap regardless of SA's stance

I did say we needed to get a deal that suits us in my post, meaning not let him go on the cheap. But some point we need to draw a line in the sand and move on. If this drags on into the league season it can only damage us.

Gordy M
23-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Thing is, i trust LD to do whats best for hibs. All these suggestions and ideas about what hibs should do will have been discussed at length by the board. I dont for one minute think we will just let him go and take a low offer in some subserviant way!! The board will know the cost of keeping/selling him, the wishes of the fans, and most importantly the wishes of AS. I fully trust them to do the best for the club.

Col2
23-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Lots to run on this. Hold your nerve guys cause he will NOT be allowed to go to them in this window. But the club won't want to threaten reserve football as they need him.

Sammy7nil
23-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Thing is, i trust LD to do whats best for hibs. All these suggestions and ideas about what hibs should do will have been discussed at length by the board. I dont for one minute think we will just let him go and take a low offer in some subserviant way!! The board will know the cost of keeping/selling him, the wishes of the fans, and most importantly the wishes of AS. I fully trust them to do the best for the club.
Are you new here LOL:greengrin

stormchild
23-07-2015, 06:08 PM
I know what your saying but at the end of the day we were shafted on season book renewals last season and only a slight reduction for this season. I wasn't for renewing after relegation but did, I wasn't for renewing this season but did. Did I renew to watch rubbish games against the likes of Alloa and Livingston etc? Did I hell! I renewed to watch Allan Stubbs build a team to achieve promotion. If Scott Allan goes I won't be happy but I will still go every other week and support MY team, the team I love.
Will I feel the same next season if, with Scott Allan we don't achieve promotion...of course I will. Will I feel the same if he goes to the hun...doubt it.

Ricky Bobby
23-07-2015, 06:09 PM
They got 49 million and City are not their rivals Spurs and Everton are. City are in a different league there is no comparrison. If Rangers offer 1 million or more he can go imho

So you only disagree with me in the actual amount of money you would be prepared to accept before letting him go. I would also accept a million for him but see 500k as a more likely outcome.
Also given the amount of cash Liverpool have spent in the close season i think the do see themselves as title challengers, and to compare them to Everton is nonesense.

Gordy M
23-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Are you new here LOL:greengrin
Haha yeh in days gone by i wouldnt have been so confident....but since LD and AS came in they havent done much wrong. Also whatever happens i would imagine they will come out and say exactly why that decision was made, either keep or sell. Then the fans can make an informed decision on what happened.......i hope!!:greengrin

emerald green
23-07-2015, 06:12 PM

Yes, and no wonder they are embarrassed. Why on earth did they think Hibs would even consider such a derisory, cheeky, and insulting offer for a second when a widely reported offer of £250,000 from Dundee United was flatly rejected?

Are they really that stupid, or is there more to this than meets the eye? Possibly trying to unsettle Scott Allan?

This new club is as bad as the old club. Who the f*** do these peepul think they are?

Hibby D
23-07-2015, 06:14 PM
This isn't a situation of Hibs' making so from that point of view I have some sympathy for them. It really is a "lose-lose" situation.

But in this case I think the better of the evils is to let him rot. At least you keep your fans on side (remember - these are fans who have put through the wringer by the club over the past decade, the trust there is fragile at best and they won't take much encouragement to pack it in for good.)

We can't let The Rangers be strengthened by the signing of Scott Allan for a pittance. It's only a year left on his contract - what we would lose in letting him rot would be much less than if we were to let him go for less than he's worth. And in this case, this season of all seasons this is a transfer that is worth an awful lot to us, way more than they can afford.

If you weigh up the cost of letting him rot versus what would be lost in financial AND goodwill terms with our own, long-suffering but at times "flighty" support then it really is a no-brainer. And that is a decision based on logic AND financial common sense and nothing to do with petty, small-minded stubbornness.

:agree: Really good post and pretty much sums up my thoughts too!

Sammy7nil
So you only disagree with me in the actual amount of money you would be prepared to accept before letting him go. I would also accept a million for him but see 500k as a more likely outcome.
Also given the amount of cash Liverpool have spent in the close season i think the do see themselves as title challengers, and to compare them to Everton is nonesense.

Your right comparing Liverpool with Everton would be like comparing Hibs with Hearts. Every player has a price Rangers wontmatch SA price lets hope Hibs board agree

Pete

Liverpool and city aren't two heavyweights vying for promotion. Liverpool fans haven't had to deal with all the crap we've had to put up with. How will sterling's transfer effect Liverpools attendances?

People can draw comparisons but they are two totally different scenarios.

s.a.m
23-07-2015, 06:23 PM
:agree: Really good post and pretty much sums up my thoughts too!

Me too. I could, if needs must, agree that it made sense to sell him to another club for proper money. Selling him to our promotion rivals would be wrong, and as Smartie says, any money gained would be at least equalled by goodwill, and potential investment by fans, lost. It sends the wrong message to fans and players. If I was LD, I'd be saying to Scott: if you're determined to leave, we'll listen to sensible bids, but not from Rangers because a) it damages our interests, and b) they cannae afford you.

Leith Green
23-07-2015, 06:24 PM
For me its pretty simple. If we sell to Rangers and dont go up then we are ripe to be cherry picked next summer as well, anyone who wants our best players will just play the same trick.. We need to keep him and prepare to replace him properly next season. Lets build our teams properly instead of being in constant transition..

Sir David Gray
23-07-2015, 06:27 PM
£250000 :faf:

Nice try Sevco, I'll crack the jokes.

Ricky Bobby
23-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Your right comparing Liverpool with Everton would be like comparing Hibs with Hearts. Every player has a price Rangers wontmatch SA price lets hope Hibs board agree

I would love for SA to stay and sign another year deal, but thats not going yo happen. I would also prefer rather someone else came in for him from down south for example, but i dont think thats going to happen either. We don't players in the squad who don't want to play for us. I hope that LD can play hardball enough for us to get a decent deal, and then get behind the team for the rest of the season.

Col2
23-07-2015, 06:34 PM
£250000 :faf:

Nice try Sevco, I'll crack the jokes.

It's was £225k so not even that!!!

Sir David Gray
23-07-2015, 06:46 PM
It's was £225k so not even that!!!

Shows how little Sevco think of him if that's all they're looking to bid for him.

I'm surprised they submitted that bid with a straight face.

I honestly hate that club and I hope we stuff them on Saturday.

Franck Stanton
23-07-2015, 07:05 PM

Good post.

jabis
23-07-2015, 07:09 PM
You can tell that Dave King has got the Glasgow Media Maffia in full swing.
Pity LD just tells the truth and gets it up them💪😁

jabis
23-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Good post.

Bad post.
There are no evils.
And to hope someone rots,a current hibs player by the way,is out of order.

snooky
23-07-2015, 07:51 PM

Great post :top marks
Although I've already got a ticket for Saturday, it's see-saw time for me.
I really hope Leeann reads the highlighted part.

shetlandhibee
23-07-2015, 08:45 PM

If you weigh up the cost of letting him rot versus what would be lost in financial AND goodwill terms with our own, long-suffering but at times "flighty" support then it really is a no-brainer. And that is a decision based on logic AND financial common sense and nothing to do with petty, small-minded stubbornness.:top marks:aok:

Arch Stanton
24-07-2015, 07:22 AM
I bet all the sportswriters who were ready to run a "Rangers bid for Allan" story were left scratching their heads.

It will be interesting to have a wee peek if they ran with a "Ranger's skinflint offer rejected" story instead.

Bill Milne
24-07-2015, 07:44 AM
Sevco fans probably don't realise that their attendance at ER on Saturday will boost our coffers and give us enough spare cash to be able to resist their club's pathetic attempts to steal our best player.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-07-2015, 07:49 AM
Alastair Lamont on Radio Scotland is saying that Warburton is continuing his pursuit beyond the second bid and determined to get his man.
Despicable He.

bill the hibby
24-07-2015, 07:52 AM
Bad post.
There are no evils.
And to hope someone rots,a current hibs player by the way,is out of order.

Even if said hibs player was to hand in a transfer request to join the huns?

greenginger
24-07-2015, 08:05 AM
Alastair Lamont on Radio Scotland is saying that Warburton is continuing his pursuit beyond the second bid and determined to get his man.
Despicable He.

Warburton on determined to get His man !

dont suppose any hack asked if he had every seen Scott Allan play.

Hannah_hfc
24-07-2015, 08:09 AM
Warburton on determined to get His man !

dont suppose any hack asked if he had every seen Scott Allan play.
Also being reported that Stubbs phoned him personally to say Allan would not be going to Rangers.

You'd think they'd give it a rest

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Ringothedog
24-07-2015, 07:12 PM
Even if said hibs player was to hand in a transfer request to join the huns?

While he wears the green he should get our full support

Ronniekirk
24-07-2015, 07:18 PM
Also being reported that Stubbs phoned him personally to say Allan would not be going to Rangers.

You'd think they'd give it a rest

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Red rag to a bull Hannah

bighairyfaeleith
24-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Scott Allan has not asked to leave

Hibs have said they will not sell to rangers.

Hibs have said for anyone else the price is 1.5million

Rangers are chancing there mitt ahead of our game on saturday

Lets rip them a new one tomorrow and enjoy our last season with scotty. I will wish him all the best when he leaves next summer, whoever he goes to, if we sell him before that and it's a good move for us both then I will do the same.

The way Hibs are targeting midfielders, mcginn and mcgeough makes me think we know a non-TheRangers offer is about to happen, thinking a team like burnley's level wouldn't think twice about snapping up Allan at 1.5million.

Quite proud of hibs right now.

Gerard
24-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Scott Allan has not asked to leave

Hibs have said they will not sell to rangers.

Hibs have said for anyone else the price is 1.5million

Rangers are chancing there mitt ahead of our game on saturday

Lets rip them a new one tomorrow and enjoy our last season with scotty. I will wish him all the best when he leaves next summer, whoever he goes to, if we sell him before that and it's a good move for us both then I will do the same.

The way Hibs are targeting midfielders, mcginn and mcgeough makes me think we know a non-TheRangers offer is about to happen, thinking a team like burnley's level wouldn't think twice about snapping up Allan at 1.5million.

Quite proud of hibs right now.
SA not for sale

God Petrie
24-07-2015, 07:45 PM
We will sell Allan for the entirety of their Arsenal shares. A no brainier for them given they are the same club and have owned them since the 1920s and a no brainer for us given their value relative to Scott Allan.

Articulate that in a phone call to whatever no mark gangster runs the tribute act these days, publicise it and watch that shower of clowns run to the the hills.

mcfly
24-07-2015, 08:11 PM
SA not for sale

Hibs board will not sell Scott Allan to the Rangers.

in my opinion if they did it would alienate Alan Stubbs given his comments.

delighted to see m team standing up to them - lets just beat them tomorrow as well.