PDA

View Full Version : The Hibernians

HH81
22-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Been paying the £10.00 a month for many years now but noticed it had not been taken since June.

Today I received a letter from Leeann explaining that this changing nd I was invited to a meeting at the end of the month.

Would upload a copy of the letter but not sure how to do it. Anyone else get this?

Gatecrasher
22-07-2015, 08:23 PM
I got it as well, something about a new computer system and can't make D/D anymore.

Salisbury Hibby
23-07-2015, 06:18 AM
They've moved the bank account and can no longer handle DDs. Hibernians members have been invited to a meeting on 30 July.

I can't make it so will be sending in a letter. I still want to be able to support the Elite Academy - and dare I say it, the loyalty points system should reward people who support the club from afar.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

brog
23-07-2015, 06:21 AM
They've moved the bank account and can no longer handle DDs. Hibernians members have been invited to a meeting on 30 July.

I can't make it so will be sending in a letter. I still want to be able to support the Elite Academy - and dare I say it, the loyalty points system should reward people who support the club from afar.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

I'm in London & can't attend but I emailed Colin Millar yesterday, details on letter, & received a reply the same day. I suggest you & any others do likewise!

hibseleven
23-07-2015, 08:56 AM
Got the same letter yesterday. Cant say i can remember receiving any communication regarding where my money goes in all the time i've had my DD. Can't make the event evening but my e-mail got an out of office reply from Colin Millar.

whiskyhibby
23-07-2015, 09:14 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/23/cb6dddf520a5958f44c7163d6a8f1d94.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/23/3ccad43fdc794f4438dfb1c9d0da011d.jpg

Here you go

Salisbury Hibby
01-08-2015, 09:33 AM
No reply from Colin Millar. Not even out of office. Did anyone turn up to this meeting?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Hibbydent
01-08-2015, 11:30 AM
I was at the meeting, it was well organised though the venue was changed on the day of the meeting.

I hope my email to the club explains my feelings -

"Thankyou for organising the Hibernians meeting last night, I certainly have mixed feelings this morning. I joined Club 86 delighted that the 1000 or so members really were making a difference, helping the club produce good players and helping young lads learn the discipline a sport requires and hopefully making them better people. The guys who spoke about the training centre last night certainly convinced me that this is still happening.

Sadly the membership of our group, now called the Hibernians, has dropped to such an extent that our financial contribution is comparatively small and I doubt that we are now making the difference that we once did. It became clear as the discussion developed that the administration of the Hibernians would become onerous, especially in view of our diminished financial contribution.

It is with heavy heart that I realise that our group has run its course and now is perhaps the time to redirect our donation to the club by other means.

I vote to wind up the Hibernians"

greenginger
01-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I was there too. I think it was said there was only about 80 payments / month being made at the end and to restart it would require that 80 to be contacted and their payments restarted.

Nobody seemed to want the responsibility of running the organisation when HSL is already set up to take contributions from supporters.

Seems a shame, but progress and all that. Remember the Club 86 cheques and prize winners on the pitch at half time. :thumbsup: