scuttle
21-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Another first round exit with that throbber in charge

Leith_Hibee
21-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Is it not about time we moved on?

muthillhibee
21-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Personally it could of been any referee and I would of thought aw no not him. Thompson, Beaton, Collum, Clancy to name a few.

NAE NOOKIE
21-07-2015, 01:00 PM

No

Waxy
21-07-2015, 01:13 PM
Aye lets move on and just make sure we dont foul anyone around the 20 yard box.

Baldy Foghorn
21-07-2015, 01:19 PM
You couldn't make it up.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/referees-for-petrofac-training-cup-ties-33/

:grr:

Great, gives us all a chance to vent some spleen early doors.....

Keith_M
21-07-2015, 01:36 PM

That depends, has Thomson stopped giving ridiculous decisions and an unfair proportion of yellow and red cards against Hibs?

Once he does, we'll all be happy to move on.

flash
21-07-2015, 01:43 PM
That depends, has Thomson stopped giving ridiculous decisions and an unfair proportion of yellow and red cards against Hibs?

Once he does, we'll all be happy to move on.

Since that day he has as it turns out.

Pete
21-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Since that day he has as it turns out.

What day?

Dingwall? :confused:

James70
21-07-2015, 02:05 PM
So what. It's only a pre season warm up game against Sevco after all. :wink:

It's not like we're playing Real Madrid either.

Better now than in a game which means something!

flash
21-07-2015, 02:21 PM
What day?

Dingwall? :confused:

No idea what you mean.

Pete
21-07-2015, 02:23 PM
No idea what you mean.

You referred to "That day".

Are we playing guessing games?

flash
21-07-2015, 02:40 PM
You referred to "That day".

Are we playing guessing games?

Nah.

Argylehibby
21-07-2015, 04:05 PM
No idea what you mean.

Let me help you. He sent Paul Cairney off for diving rather than give us a penalty against Ross County in Dingwall. That was in the Scottish Cup a couple of years back and it was after "that day" and I'm pretty sure you know which one he means. CT (sure I've missed a couple of letters there) may only give doodgy decisions against us in the Scottish cup or it may be any cup competition but to suggest after "That day" he cleaned up his act is pushing it.

allezsauzee
21-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Let me help you. He sent Paul Cairney off for diving rather than give us a penalty against Ross County in Dingwall. That was in the Scottish Cup a couple of years back and it was after "that day" and I'm pretty sure you know which one he means. CT (sure I've missed a couple of letters there) may only give doodgy decisions against us in the Scottish cup or it may be any cup competition but to suggest after "That day" he cleaned up his act is pushing it.

On the the bright side, I'd rather we got the cheat in the Petrofac cup than end up losing valuable points in the league because of him.

Aldo
21-07-2015, 05:19 PM

Nope and never will. Blatant CHEAT simple as that.

emerald green
21-07-2015, 05:34 PM

"Move on" to where? What you really mean is "roll over".

Hibs supporters need to keep the pressure on Thomson and make sure he knows, and the authorities also know, that we are watching him very carefully.

I'm not big on the Petrovac cup, but it's irrelevant what the competition is. As soon as he drops his agenda against Hibs, then we can "move on" IMO.

green viper
21-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Craig thompson is the ref on saturday oh joy

Famous Fiver
21-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Wake up at the back.

Thread already well under way on this very topic.

green viper
21-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Been in cuba no internet hence didnt know until 15 mins ago by the way wide awake thanks

Famous Fiver
21-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Well said, sir.

You can join me in giving him some grief in the warm up on Saturday Will he have the guts to warm up in front of the East Stand or will he scuttle off to the away end? Probably tell us all we need to know even before Kick off.

Eyrie
21-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Time to put the mortgage on Sevco Huns winning.

Scouse Hibee
21-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Here we go again.........tiresome.

Stevie Reid
21-07-2015, 07:32 PM
Gave up being surprised after the astonishing decision to give him our first league game after that final.

Will actually help the atmosphere having that lying, cheating, weasily Hearts **** in charge of the game anyway.

Bring it on.

kaimendhibs
21-07-2015, 07:34 PM
I know the GFA want to scunner us but shocked they have started so early

Stantons Angel
21-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Just have to beat the both of them the best answer to that!

GreenArmyyy!
21-07-2015, 07:47 PM

No thanks, let's give him hell.

Scouse Hibee
21-07-2015, 07:52 PM

Nope, perfect opportunity to get the excuses in early and display a defeatist attitude before a ball has been kicked,...........Gi the blame to Thomson.**** the ref let's just go and hammer them.

Sergey
21-07-2015, 08:21 PM
There's even a hint of 5-1 in the OP's link.

Someone should cull the **** and Scottish fitba would be a fairer game.

Canon Hannan
21-07-2015, 09:09 PM
I still don't understand why he gave Hearts that penalty when only 5 yards away. Pure cheating. Even the Hibs Board tried to stop him refereeing the match and presented a dossier of proof. Lest we forget :greengrin

Leith_Hibee
21-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Ok, let's make his life hell, boo him from start to finish because that'll help us get the 50:50 decisions.
We didn't lose that final because of Thompson, we lost because we had a really poor team.

ehf
21-07-2015, 09:49 PM
Ok, let's make his life hell, boo him from start to finish because that'll help us get the 50:50 decisions.
We didn't lose that final because of Thompson, we lost because we had a really poor team.

No. We had a marginally poorer team than the opposition, which was funded by the taxpayer, small local businesses and charities. And a less able manager. But we were right back in it at half time. Then the cheat killed it stone dead with the most ridiculous, cynical and palpably corrupt penalty decision ever seen. And that's before we get to the systemic cheating in the first half such as Black's licensed thuggery.

Fife-Hibee
21-07-2015, 10:25 PM
No. We had a marginally poorer team than the opposition, which was funded by the taxpayer, small local businesses and charities. And a less able manager. But we were right back in it at half time. Then the cheat killed it stone dead with the most ridiculous, cynical and palpably corrupt penalty decision ever seen. And that's before we get to the systemic cheating in the first half such as Black's licensed thuggery.
100% hes a cheating **** and needs a boot in the baws !

Sir David Gray
21-07-2015, 10:56 PM
Ahh well it will make it even sweeter to beat 12 men on Saturday.

Alex Trager
22-07-2015, 04:38 AM
Personally it could of been any referee and I would of thought aw no not him. Thompson, Beaton, Collum, Clancy to name a few.

This.

Incompetency is rife in Scottish refereeing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
22-07-2015, 05:08 AM
He isn't a cheat in my opinion, just not the top quality you would hope to find at the top level of refereeing in this country. That said, in the eyes of UEFA he has clearly been overtaken by Willie Collum (and rightly so) and thus he has a lot to do to repair his reputation. I for one hope that he can do just that beginning at the weekend....

Aldo
22-07-2015, 06:27 AM
He isn't a cheat in my opinion, just not the top quality you would hope to find at the top level of refereeing in this country. That said, in the eyes of UEFA he has clearly been overtaken by Willie Collum (and rightly so) and thus he has a lot to do to repair his reputation. I for one hope that he can do just that beginning at the weekend....

I hope his career goes right down the pan.

As for his abilities! A guy who stands in the middle of a street game pretending to be red would of got decisions right that day!

If your happy to forgive and forget then that's up to you.

I despise the man how couldn't even get the basics right. He will get it tight on Saturday and rightly so!

Cheat in my eyes.

Jim44
22-07-2015, 06:45 AM
Sevco have a replica of this thread discussing how CT will cost them the match by hating them and favouring us. The guy's got a real dilemma on his hands. Which of us does hate the most?

James70
22-07-2015, 07:21 AM

Correct!

Famous Fiver
22-07-2015, 07:40 AM
Ehf

Post of the season so far!!!!

emerald green
22-07-2015, 05:44 PM

Hibs were poor that day, but Thomson's "decisions" made sure we were never going to win, that's for sure.

Why are you trying to defend the indefensible? Are you aware of his record when refereeing Hibs matches? Frankly it stinks to high heaven.

It should not matter a jot if he gets stick from any group of supporters. He's there to do his job. That means being fair and impartial to both teams. That's all I want from Thomson, or any referee for that matter.

To say he was fair and impartial in that final is ludicrous.

Pete
22-07-2015, 05:49 PM

Great post. :thumbsup:

Please, no more referring to the final as "that day" or "that final". Those who do are acting like even mentioning it's name bring back memories of unspeakable horrors.

We lost the "2012 cup final" to a bunch of cheats and a bent ref. End of.

Lucius Apuleius
22-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Which committee decides which referee takes each game? We should demand to know all their names and addresses. 😈

Deansy
22-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Much has been said of the 'Pyschological boost' for whoever wins this tie - obviously the GFA realise this hence the appointment of their 'Go-to Guy' for ensuring the 'right result' !!

Lucius Apuleius
22-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Even though the hun supporters think he will be on our side?

Eyrie
22-07-2015, 09:56 PM

The only basis Sevco Huns have for thinking that is if they believe Thomson to be neutrally incompetent, meaning there is a 50% chance that they will suffer.

If they knew Thomson's history with Hibs, they'd be delighted.

HoboHarry
23-07-2015, 12:05 AM
I hope his career goes right down the pan.

As for his abilities! A guy who stands in the middle of a street game pretending to be red would of got decisions right that day!

If your happy to forgive and forget then that's up to you.

I despise the man how couldn't even get the basics right. He will get it tight on Saturday and rightly so!

Cheat in my eyes.
Would you care to show me where in my post I said that? I stated that he has lost his standing in Europe as Scotlands top referee and it's in his own interests to perform at a level that will get him back up there. Starting on Saturday. He was awful in the Cup Final no doubt about it.

Lucius Apuleius
23-07-2015, 07:47 AM
The only basis Sevco Huns have for thinking that is if they believe Thomson to be neutrally incompetent, meaning there is a 50% chance that they will suffer.

If they knew Thomson's history with Hibs, they'd be delighted.

Have to say I know lots of huns who know his history with Hibs. They still think he is more anti hun than anti Hibs.

StevieT
24-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Willie Collum has now been appointed apparently

JimBHibees
24-07-2015, 08:23 PM

Is that right? Got to be said if true arguably worse given his gifting them the deciding goal in the 2 0 home game. One of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

Billy Whizz
24-07-2015, 08:24 PM

Why?

JimBHibees
24-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Why?

Thomson caught with brown envelope ?

Billy Whizz
24-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Thomson caught with brown envelope ?

Just the one envelope?

JimBHibees
24-07-2015, 08:29 PM
Just the one envelope?

It was one of the large padded ones though. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
24-07-2015, 08:31 PM

:faf: That's funny!

StevieT
24-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Why?

No idea but picked it up from here http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/referees-for-petrofac-training-cup-ties-33/

Sir David Gray
24-07-2015, 08:41 PM
So instead of getting a cheat, we just get an incompetent buffoon.

Great. :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
24-07-2015, 08:42 PM
No idea but picked it up from here http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/referees-for-petrofac-training-cup-ties-33/

Good spot

Argylehibby
24-07-2015, 09:38 PM

No good if that's right, I'd say he's worse than Thomson. Is it now 3 retrospective red cards to Jambos in derby matches?

Eyrie
24-07-2015, 10:08 PM
So instead of getting a cheat, we just get an incompetent buffoon.

Great. :rolleyes:

It's an improvement. Collum means we have a 50-50 chance of getting the mistakes in our favour as opposed to a 100% chance of being shafted by Thomson.

JimBHibees
25-07-2015, 08:21 AM
The last Rangers game at ER he allowed Rangers players to foul constantly without booking them (Moshni was warned about 4 times) and then missed the most obvious foul in the game which led to the goal which killed the game. Not expecting much today.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-07-2015, 08:40 AM
Out of the frying pan and into the fire

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-07-2015, 10:43 AM
Not happy about this, the last time they beat us at ER he blatantly missed the foul on Hanlon for them to score the 2nd goal, ersewipe!