PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan - signs a 4 year deal with Celtic

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

spike220
21-07-2015, 10:02 AM
I cant see SA going for anything less than 3.5m.

Given the importance to Hibs this season.

If we get promoted and he was to sign for longer and we developed him and he proves himself further, I think we would be looking for 6-8m for him.

liamh2202
21-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Don't think anyone is going to pay hibs that money for any player

Torto7062
21-07-2015, 10:05 AM

If we get promoted and he was to sign for longer and we developed him and he proves himself further, I think we would be looking for 6-8m for him.

Bit early in the day mate...but I'll have some of what you've been taking 😁😁😂

muthillhibee
21-07-2015, 10:07 AM
6-8 million? Haha wow must be strong stuff you have with your cornflakes

Geo_1875
21-07-2015, 10:08 AM
£1 million (as quoted in the Sun) would be a great piece of business for player with a year on his contract. If any team but The Rangers offered that we'd have to consider it.

However, we'd need to sign him on a 10 year contract at £15k per week before any club would offer more than a couple of million.

spike220
21-07-2015, 10:17 AM
£1 million (as quoted in the Sun) would be a great piece of business for player with a year on his contract. If any team but The Rangers offered that we'd have to consider it.

However, we'd need to sign him on a 10 year contract at £15k per week before any club would offer more than a couple of million.

What is he worth to Ranger though!!

At least 3.5 I'd have thought!!!

Smartie
21-07-2015, 10:18 AM
We'e got to remember the league and the "market" that we're in. Nobody will pay that much for a player in this league.

I do think that there will be poorer players than Allan transferred for sums like those you mention though, some of the players leaving Ipswich for huge sums cause me to raise an eyebrow. That's what happens in England these days.

since90plustwo
21-07-2015, 10:27 AM
Scott Allan is a fantastic player but he is playing against part time players on the whole. 1-1.5 million would be a good price for him. With a year on his contract and someone offered £750k then i would be inclined to accept.

DH1875
21-07-2015, 10:28 AM
SA won't sign a new contract with us so we're never gonna get millions for him. Any club offer a million for him he'll be off and so long as it aint rangers then fair do's. If he stays this season and we go up then he can leave for free with my best wishes, even if it is to der hun.

Future17
21-07-2015, 10:32 AM
What is he worth to Ranger though!!

At least 3.5 I'd have thought!!!

Guaranteed promotion wouldn't even be worth that to Rangers right now, never mind one player who may or may not make the difference.

You're either on crack or craic...

Ryan69
21-07-2015, 10:33 AM

I wouldn't worry.....it's just the weegie media doing what they do best in stirring up trouble trying to upset players!

I often actually wonder if the daily record and co are on their payroll as it's worked so so often in the past!

Juice-Terry
21-07-2015, 10:54 AM
I think if anyone but Rangers offered £1.5M now he'd be off. For some reason, I think that's about the valuation Hibs have put on SA - maybe they'd want about £2M from Rangers.

HappyHanlon
21-07-2015, 11:03 AM
1 million for a player in his final year is fantastic - but i'd honestly be sick and lose a bit of respect in LD if the deal was allowed to go through.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-07-2015, 11:05 AM
3.5m 😂😂😂😂

Hfc_Since1875
21-07-2015, 11:05 AM
I know Ciftci is a good player.... but why should we have the attitude that £750k is decent for a player with a year to go when Dundee Utd received £1.5m for Ciftci who was in the same situation?

james62
21-07-2015, 11:07 AM
I wouldn't worry.....it's just the weegie media doing what they do best in stirring up trouble trying to upset players!

I often actually wonder if the daily record and co are on their payroll as it's worked so so often in the past!

Exactly, reading about this in the Weedjie press anyone would think we had a game against Sevco at the weekend :rolleyes:

GreenLake
21-07-2015, 11:10 AM
If anyone is making offers to buy players, it should be us to them - if they had any worth taking.

Iceman1875
21-07-2015, 11:15 AM
What is difference between staying in the championship and SPFL? That should be the cost plus xxxx to recruit a replacement.

At Easter Road we play...

Diclonius
21-07-2015, 11:18 AM
Option A: 1 million from Hibs' direct rivals for our best player. Gives us money to spend on players worse than our best player, and immediately strengthens our direct rivals.

Option B: Hibs refuse to sell our best player to our direct rivals, giving us our best player for another season and a better chance of being promoted, meaning we will get as much money in the long run as if we sold our best player to our direct rivals.

It's not rocket science - unless we are really REALLY ****ing stupid (or Petrie tries to stick his nose in) we will NOT sell. It would be suicide in terms of our chances this season and the club's relationship with the fans.

Mathias Jack
21-07-2015, 11:19 AM
I think if anyone but Rangers offered £1.5M now he'd be off. For some reason, I think that's about the valuation Hibs have put on SA - maybe they'd want about £2M from Rangers.

I wouldn't sell him to Rangers...end of. If we did, we'd be as well asking the SPFL to hand Rangers the Championship trophy at the same time.

In all honesty, i'd rather keep him for our promotion push and let him make up his own mind at the end of the season.

scott7_0(Prague)
21-07-2015, 11:19 AM

where do you get drink so early in the day?

:dunno:

scoopyboy
21-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Option A: 1 million from Hibs' direct rivals for our best player. Gives us money to spend on players worse than our best player, and immediately strengthens our direct rivals.

Option B: Hibs refuse to sell our best player to our direct rivals, giving us our best player for another season and a better chance of being promoted, meaning we will get as much money in the long run as if we sold our best player to our direct rivals.

It's not rocket science - unless we are really REALLY ****ing stupid (or Petrie tries to stick his nose in) we will NOT sell. It would be suicide in terms of our chances this season and the club's relationship with the fans.

Only if we got promoted.

Sir David Gray
21-07-2015, 11:21 AM
If we got an offer of £1 million for him we would need to bite the club's hand off as we're talking about him playing in the second tier of Scottish football at the moment and he only has 12 months left on his contract.

I would rather keep the player though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-07-2015, 11:23 AM

Wow! just wow! :-)

The Jambos will be pishing themselves laughing at that.

Mathias Jack
21-07-2015, 11:23 AM

An off licence as they sell alcohol from 10...or his cupboard :greengrin

Greenworld
21-07-2015, 11:24 AM
750k and he is gone I doubt it will be Rangers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Onion
21-07-2015, 11:29 AM

Wonder who we are playing on Sat ?

Dan Sarf
If anyone is making offers to buy players, it should be us to them - if they had any worth taking.

Let's leak a story: "The Daily Record understands" that Hibernian will not take no for an answer from The Rangers and are determined to buy one of their star players like... em... er... no, forget it. :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
It's a strange situation where we have a player who's market value is way lower than what he's worth to the club due to the league we're in. If we were a Premiership side then we'd be able to demand upwards of £2m for Scott but realistically there's nobody going to pay that much for a Championship player.

With that in mind, selling Scott now simply cannot be an option. I honestly think we would find it almost impossible to find another player of his quality on our budget.

The value to this club of getting promotion is worth way more than whatever transfer fee The Huns are willing to pay.

bigwheel
21-07-2015, 11:30 AM
The only way he will end up at Rangers is if he publicly declares his desire for the move, and even then Hibs could force him to wait until end of season....There is too much goodwill to be lost from there fans - even if a 1M if was to come from them....I expect others to be in for him though..

Biggie
21-07-2015, 11:36 AM
when have hibs ever NOT hitched their skirt up when a club comes sniffing around ?.......if the huns offer £1m we will accept for a player in the last year of his contract. £1M to hibs would be heaven sent in current climate.

Pretty pissed off, but no more than when we sold O'Connor, or Riordan......or O'rourke, Stanton, Cropley....Stein, Baker

lochhibs
21-07-2015, 11:43 AM
The fact is Warburton was at the dunfermline game. According to the sun that means he was looking at SA. In reality he was probably watching his teams biggest rivals for the title.

lucky
21-07-2015, 11:44 AM
. Hibs should just come out and say he's going nowhere. SA can't afford to down tools as he's only had 1 good season in his career. He needs to keep playing to keep himself in the shop window. For Hibs to sell him we be a major let down. It would effect ST sales, HSL membership and general good will towards the club.

Golden Bear
21-07-2015, 11:46 AM
I'm a trusting person, believe what I read, so SA is going nowhere in the foreseeable future ------------------ RIGHT?!

McKenzie
21-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Anything over 1.5 million I'll drive Scotty there myself. As good as he is I'm sure Stubbsy could replace for that sort of money.

Gus
21-07-2015, 11:48 AM
I know Ciftci is a good player.... but why should we have the attitude that £750k is decent for a player with a year to go when Dundee Utd received £1.5m for Ciftci who was in the same situation?

Ciftci has played what 2 or 3 seasons in the SPL and scored goals. Allan to date has played a very good season in the 2nd tier of Scottish football against (majority) part time players.

Let's not kid ourselves there is NO loyalty left in contracts, if Rangers offer £500k plus for him then I think his head will be turned & he may ask to speak to them at least.

He can sign a pre contract in January, if that was to happen that would have an impact on the remainder of the season.

At this momemt in time it appears to be all paper talk so hopefully it remains that way.

Vini1875
21-07-2015, 11:50 AM
I would take £1M from any team other than one in our division.

Geo_1875
21-07-2015, 11:51 AM
I'd be more worried about a The Rangers player trying to crock Scott on Saturday than them spending any money on him.

jacomo
21-07-2015, 11:55 AM
Can we stop all this please? Almost as if half the people on here are wishing him away.

Ringothedog
21-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Can we stop all this please? Almost as if half the people on here are wishing him away.

more than half....sadly. If he gets sold then it will all be down to them. Karma!!:grr:

The_Horde
21-07-2015, 12:06 PM
We've proven in the past that selling players doesn't always mean we use the money wisely.

Taking that into account, Scott Allan isn't worth selling. He brings far more to us than £1m ever will. Triple that at least for the huns and we might be talking.

Springbank
21-07-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm a football fan.
We have a smashing player with a touch if class, a touch of arrogance, the most enjoyable football since 2007 for me.
Let's build the team round Scott Allan, stop trying to suss out financial value and just enjoy this gem of a guy in a Hibs jersey.
A great season of football lies ahead, with a midfield pair of Allan and Fyvie. Glory glory!!

Smartie
21-07-2015, 12:18 PM
I'm a football fan.
We have a smashing player with a touch if class, a touch of arrogance, the most enjoyable football since 2007 for me.
Let's build the team round Scott Allan, stop trying to suss out financial value and just enjoy this gem of a guy in a Hibs jersey.
A great season of football lies ahead, with a midfield pair of Allan and Fyvie. Glory glory!!

Spot on.

Players like Allan don't come round often on our budget so we should want to hang onto them when they do.

The chances of us being able to adequately replace him (transfer fee as well as wages) with any money we might get for him would be slim to none.

I say we enjoy him whilst he's here.

Golden Bear
21-07-2015, 12:19 PM
I think we should lodge a counter bid for Nicky Law and Lee Wallace.

Why not? - it would sure upset them and I'm sure our bid would have as much chance of being accepted as ra Huns supposed bid for SA.

Pretty Boy
21-07-2015, 12:19 PM

Exactly.

The club have said he's not going, the player has said he's not going, the only formal bid for him was thrown out in January, Rangers have yet to make an offer, the latest speculation seems based on Warburton being at East End Park on Saturday and journos putting 2+2 together.

As it stands nothing has changed from yesterday, last week or last month.

B.H.F.C
21-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Yep, getting a transfer fee doesn't bother me whatsoever. I'd much rather keep him for the season and lose him for free as it'll give us a much better chance of promotion, which does bother me.

phoenixfire
21-07-2015, 12:22 PM
I think we should lodge a counter bid for Nicky Law and Lee Wallace.

Why not? - it would sure upset them and I'm sure our bid would have as much chance of being accepted as ra Huns supposed bid for SA.

What If we were unfortunate enough to have our bid accepted

allezsauzee
21-07-2015, 12:23 PM
The Rangers have only been signing out of contract players (mainly unwanted ones) so it would suggest they are not about to bid a million for Scotty.

Golden Bear
21-07-2015, 12:24 PM
What If we were unfortunate enough to have our bid accepted

Fortunate or unfortunate?!

:greengrin

Keith_M
21-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Public Announcement that Scott Allan will be going nowhere for anything less than £5 million.

JimBHibees
21-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Ciftci has played what 2 or 3 seasons in the SPL and scored goals. Allan to date has played a very good season in the 2nd tier of Scottish football against (majority) part time players.

Let's not kid ourselves there is NO loyalty left in contracts, if Rangers offer £500k plus for him then I think his head will be turned & he may ask to speak to them at least.

He can sign a pre contract in January, if that was to happen that would have an impact on the remainder of the season.

At this momemt in time it appears to be all paper talk so hopefully it remains that way.

There were only three part time teams in last seasons league.

stoneyburn hibs
21-07-2015, 12:26 PM
£3.5m would probably get you the Hibs 1st team squad.

Torto7062
21-07-2015, 12:30 PM

🍻🍷🍸🍺⚽
😂

Big L
21-07-2015, 12:32 PM
If SA wanted to stay he just has to come out and say so!, he hasn't because he wants to go and join the huns, he's a supporter, he's a weejie and he will join them whether now or next season. This is a dilema for RP, he wants the money as usual, but he know's their will be a riot if he sells, particularly to the huns! By the way, where are all the interested parties, so far I heard that Ipswich were interested, but for a player supposed to be that good you would have thought we would have been fighting them off. Maybe they are a bit wary because he's been turning it on against part timers in the championship.

CropleyWasGod
21-07-2015, 12:39 PM
If SA wanted to stay he just has to come out and say so!, he hasn't because he wants to go and join the huns, he's a supporter, he's a weejie and he will join them whether now or next season. This is a dilema for RP, he wants the money as usual, but he know's their will be a riot if he sells, particularly to the huns! By the way, where are all the interested parties, so far I heard that Ipswich were interested, but for a player supposed to be that good you would have thought we would have been fighting them off. Maybe they are a bit wary because he's been turning it on against part timers in the championship.

Source?

silverhibee
21-07-2015, 12:40 PM

Take it you are on some good s**t if you think that.

21-07-2015, 12:43 PM
If hibs were to sell Allan it may undo a lot of the good the club have done recently in building up a feel good factor and building up fans excitement again. The club is on a high atm, there is a real sense of optimism about the new season, ST sales are up, the new strips are flying off the shelves, the share issues seems to be going well etc. so to sell a key player like Allan could really put a downer on things.

If a club other than the huns offer very good money I can understand us considering it but we absolutely CAN NOT sell to the rangers. Selling our best player to the rangers, who will most likely be our biggest rivals for the title this season, would be absolute suicide IMO. The club have put out a huge statement of intent by coming out and saying that the title is our absolute number 1 aim this season so such a sale would really undermine that.

Mikey09
21-07-2015, 12:48 PM

Where do I start with this post?!!! Erm... :wtf:

Peevemor
21-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Put yourself in Stubbs' shoes.

Say a £1m offer was made for Alan and you're given the choice - either hold on to him or use the money to add 3-4 players to the squad at £3-4k per week.

What do you do?

lord bunberry
21-07-2015, 12:54 PM
He's repeatedly said he wants to stay till the end of his contract. He couldn't have made it clearer. I've no idea how you've come to the conclusion you have.

HibsNutter
21-07-2015, 12:54 PM
He is going NOWHERE this Summer, how many people including the man himself need to state this.

Thecat23
21-07-2015, 12:55 PM
If anyone offered £1m for Allan Hibs I think would bite their hand off! The Rangers don't have £1m so that's them out. Also Hibs would have to really think hard about the impact selling a player like Allan to them would have on the fans.

They have built many broken bridges and the fans have stuck with the club even though they kept prices high when relegated and not only that we didn't go up. So if they did do the unthinkable (which i personally don't think they will) then I can see fans chucking it once and for all. Because if The Rangers got him and won the league, it would be the biggest slap in the face for us in a long time.

bingo70
21-07-2015, 01:00 PM
For me it's not about finances, the big concern for me is player power. If the Huns turn his head with a good offer and he wants to go then it's difficult to keep him, particularly if he starts making noises about signing a pre-contract agreement.

Obviously we can hold him to his contract but we need to weigh up the impact of having an unsettled player.

matty_f
21-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Has anyone said we should sell him for the money?

We should definitely keep him this season, I'd rather that than sell him.

My_Wife_Camille

Say a £1m offer was made for Alan and you're given the choice - either hold on to him or use the money to add 3-4 players to the squad at £3-4k per week.

What do you do?I'd take the Football Manager disc out and go back to work.

No chance are we paying a player £3-4k a week! Never mind 3 or four of them

If anyone offered £1m for Allan Hibs I think would bite their hand off! The Rangers don't have £1m so that's them out. Also Hibs would have to really think hard about the impact selling a player like Allan to them would have on the fans.

They have built many broken bridges and the fans have stuck with the club even though they kept prices high when relegated and not only that we didn't go up. So if they did do the unthinkable (which i personally don't think they will) then I can see fans chucking it once and for all. Because if The Rangers got him and won the league, it would be the biggest slap in the face for us in a long time.

This 100%. I personally believe though that Dempster will understand the impact that selling Allan to rangers would have. She's not stupid, she knows full well that selling him to our biggest rivals this season would undo a lot of the good the club has done.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2015, 01:03 PM
No amount of money is worth spending a third season in this division.
Could we have a Scott Allan mega thread? Getting a bit messy on main board.

Peevemor
21-07-2015, 01:04 PM
I already posted this on another thread. If the manager was to get the entire fee if Alan is sold, what would make us a better team?

Scott Alan or say 4 players at £3-4k/week?

100% football question.

Phil MaGlass
21-07-2015, 01:05 PM
why would he want to spend another 2 years in a lower division by going to the buns?

Peevemor
21-07-2015, 01:08 PM
I'd take the Football Manager disc out and go back to work.

No chance are we paying a player £3-4k a week! Never mind 3 or four of them

Why not?

How do you know?

jacomo
21-07-2015, 01:18 PM
No amount of money is worth spending a third season in this division.
Could we have a Scott Allan mega thread? Getting a bit messy on main board.

And then bin the whole lot, please.

Baldy Foghorn
21-07-2015, 01:21 PM

He won't be sold to Derhun. Makes your second sentence rather pointless.

Just Alf
21-07-2015, 01:23 PM
He's repeatedly said he wants to stay till the end of his contract. He couldn't have made it clearer. I've no idea how you've come to the conclusion you have.

I have.... :agree:

Tha Cabbage Kid
21-07-2015, 01:28 PM
If rangers could they would have signed Jason holt as would we but neither of us have the money. they wont get SA for free.

Thecat23
21-07-2015, 02:15 PM
He won't be sold to Derhun. Makes your second sentence rather pointless.

As I said I don't think they will either. But it's not up to me and if it did happen then my last sentence is valid!

Pete
21-07-2015, 02:30 PM
It's just an effort by a Glaswegian paper to give Rangers fans something they want to read. They like to think of themselves as a big club who are in a position to take players off others using cash and the fact that players simply want to play for them. It's classic "giving your mind a treat" stuff.

We might have sold if we were bumbling along in the top tier but we aren't. The situation is totally different to anything that's happened before and would harm us a lot more than any previous transfer.

It's not going to happen this season.

greenlex
21-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Quite simply if Scott Allan is sold to Rangers this season then this will be my last season ticket. I don't make that Statement lightly.

Pete
21-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Quite simply if Scott Allan is sold to Rangers this season then this will be my last season ticket. I don't make that Statement lightly.

And how many others would say that?

It's a gamble that simply isn't worth the risk. The money we would lose from hacked off fans and probably another year down here would more than offset the pittance Sevco could afford to give us.

GreenLake
21-07-2015, 02:48 PM
The most they could offer is a pile of crumpled up £20 notes thrown at him during corners.

kaimendhibs
21-07-2015, 03:22 PM
And how many others would say that?

It's a gamble that simply isn't worth the risk. The money we would lose from hacked off fans and probably another year down here would more than offset the pittance Sevco could afford to give us.

I'm not paying into HSL to see the club sell our best player to our nearest rivals! I'm sure many others feel the same

silverhibee
21-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Where do I start with this post?!!! Erm... :wtf:

L :greengrin

staunchhibby
21-07-2015, 03:31 PM
I would lose all faith in the board if they sell Scott Allan to Rangers

cmcd
21-07-2015, 03:32 PM
. Hibs should just come out and say he's going nowhere. SA can't afford to down tools as he's only had 1 good season in his career. He needs to keep playing to keep himself in the shop window. For Hibs to sell him we be a major let down. It would effect ST sales, HSL membership and general good will towards the club.

Hibs and SA have said on numerous occasions he is staying and i for one believe them

gegs70
21-07-2015, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=RagingReality;4416482]Option A: 1 million from Hibs' direct rivals for our best player. Gives us money to spend on players worse than our best player, and immediately strengthens our direct rivals.

It's not rocket science - unless we are really REALLY ****ing stupid (or Petrie tries to stick his nose in) we will NOT sell. It would be suicide in terms of our chances this season and the club's relationship with the fans.[/Q

Or C. sell him to a higher bidder in the english championship.

I wonder if he has a amount written into his contract that would allow him to speak to other clubs?

offshorehibby
21-07-2015, 03:41 PM
I can't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist over an article some weegie rags. Hibs have done nothing wrong here and it seems from some it's Hibs that are getting it tight.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2015, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=RagingReality;4416482]
I wonder if he has a amount written into his contract that would allow him to speak to other clubs?

@Kenny_Millar: Rangers will have to stump up serious money to even tempt Hibs into talking. No buy-out clause. https://t.co/SWBwlqlpHA

cmcd
21-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Source?

One more time AS and SA have both said he is staying How many times do they have to say it befire it gets through to some people ffs

Wilson
21-07-2015, 03:48 PM
I already posted this on another thread. If the manager was to get the entire fee if Alan is sold, what would make us a better team?

100% football question.

The problem is we traditionally do ok for numbers of players. What we lack is any of real quality. If we sell SA we would be losing the only real class in this act.

The price of 750k or 1m isn't a good value deal for a player on a limited contract. It is the price we'll have sold our promotion hopes for.

He must see out his contract. This isn't an accountancy decision it is a football one.

DH1875
21-07-2015, 04:00 PM
If rangers come in with any bid they can duck right off. If SA comes out a couple of days before the end of the window asking to leave, then he can duck off as well........right to the reserves. If said it before. Would rather sell him for 500k to anyone rather than sell him to der hun for a million.

Thecat23
21-07-2015, 04:03 PM

100% football question.

I don't think it would be that easy! Losing a player of Allan's ability and replacing it with players who aren't as good doesn't won't make us stronger! Add in the fact the fans would go crazy, Hibs would be commiting football suicide if you ask me!

My season ticket would be handed back if we sold him to our closest rivals for the league.

SunshineOnLeith
21-07-2015, 04:19 PM
The Club sent a pretty obvious message to the support by putting him front and centre of the away kit launch, if people still want to worry about him leaving in this window them let them have their fun, but it's not going to happen.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-07-2015, 04:21 PM
He is going NOWHERE this Summer, how many people including the man himself need to state this.

Yup well done lads. Applause for another bout of needless (I hope) Mass Hibsteria...

Golden Bear
21-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Brown trousers and bicycle clips are out in force tonight I see.

:crazy:

Golden Bear
21-07-2015, 04:27 PM
The weearrapeeple have agreed a compensation package with THEM over Jason Holt's ill advised move.

According to Radio Scotland that is.

Iggy Pope
21-07-2015, 04:28 PM
I would lose all faith in the board if they sell Scott Allan to Rangers

The 'board' being this board? Stay staunch.

Hibernia&Alba
21-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Going nowhere IMHO. No panic.

Pretty Boy
21-07-2015, 04:29 PM
I've said already but I'll say it again. Folk need to calm the **** down a bit.

Hibs have said Allan will not be leaving, the player has said he will see out his contract on the official site, he has absolutely no obligation to do that as he could have sat quietly and said nothing.

This is going to drag on right until the close of the window. Rangers are desperate to get the fans on side, a few have started questioning King after he bragged about spending £5M and thus far has brought in a bunch of out of contract players from down south and still not replaced the players they saw leave at the end of last season. If there's money there to be spent what are they waiting on? Allan is an easy option to appease the fans, it potentially causes unrest at ER and they have a friendly press to trumpet their case. If we are either leading the league or we'll in the hunt come November or December you can guarantee the pre contract rumours will go into full swing.

I see this playing out as there being an 'bid for an undisclosed sum' that Rangers know Hibs will never accept in the next few days, Hibs will reject it then the press will be primed with stories of how it was an 'ambitious bid' and an 'unnamed source' reports Allan is 'furious' it has been rejected. The succulent lamb brigade that make up the majority of our sports press are as predictable as they are boring.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-07-2015, 04:36 PM

Hibs have said Allan will not be leaving, the player has said he will see out his contract on the official site, he has absolutely no obligation to do that as he could have sat quietly and said nothing.

This is going to drag on right until the close of the window. Rangers are desperate to get the fans on side, a few have started questioning King after he bragged about spending £5M and thus far has brought in a bunch of out of contract players from down south and still not replaced the players they saw leave at the end of last season. If there's money there to be spent what are they waiting on? Allan is an easy option to appease the fans, it potentially causes unrest at ER and they have a friendly press to trumpet their case. If we are either leading the league or we'll in the hunt come November or December you can guarantee the pre contract rumours will go into full swing.

I see this playing out as there being an 'bid for an undisclosed sum' that Rangers know Hibs will never accept in the next few days, Hibs will reject it then the press will be primed with stories of how it was an 'ambitious bid' and an 'unnamed source' reports Allan is 'furious' it has been rejected. The succulent lamb brigade that make up the majority of our sports press are as predictable as they are boring.

It's not just the press trumpeting.

As a support we choose how we react to this. Online forums muddies the water but hello! no sense in speculation ahead of a big game. This is a sideshow-diversion we've seen it a hundred times before. Know it, expect it, stand firm against it. Post window can we not put this to bed and give the management some credit. There's also a small matter of Stubbs to consider here. It's just a pile of crop.

SunshineOnLeith
21-07-2015, 04:43 PM

There's absolutely no place on an Internet message board for this level of common sense. I READ HE WAS LEAVING ON TWITTER, AND FACEBOOK!

hibees 7062
21-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Why don't Hibs make a statement in the Sun telling them they aren't closing in on him ?

Iggy Pope
21-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Why don't Hibs make a statement in the Sun telling them they aren't closing in on him ?

Why don't Hibs just get on with their own business and **** the Sun?

hibees 7062
21-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Why don't Hibs just get on with their own business and **** the Sun?

They are

Johnny_Leith
21-07-2015, 04:58 PM
He's going nowhere

shetlandhibee
21-07-2015, 04:59 PM
:top marks

Iggy Pope
21-07-2015, 05:00 PM
They are

Answered your own question then. Let's not prolong a pretty awful thread.

keep the faith
21-07-2015, 05:02 PM

Wow!!

hibees 7062
21-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Answered your own question then. Let's not prolong a pretty awful thread.

:aok:

Onion
21-07-2015, 05:13 PM
The Club sent a pretty obvious message to the support by putting him front and centre of the away kit launch, if people still want to worry about him leaving in this window them let them have their fun, but it's not going to happen.

Huns and weegie press are still living in La La Land pretending they have the kind of money and clout to manufacture these kinds of transfers. The most they'll get out of this is the pretence that they're a "big club" and give their new manager some false hope of being able to weaken the opposition while strengthening their own squad. Their posturing has as much credibility as us saying we're going to bid for their best player.

In saying that, every player has their price and if someone comes up with silly money Hibs will sell.

Aldo
21-07-2015, 05:17 PM

1. LD is the CEO and deals with the day to day running of the club!
2.SA has already said he's happy to see out his contract at ER and he is happy at ER.
3. FWIW he can join who he wants next season as he's out of contract. (Unless he signs an extension that is and we will then get a few).
4. Why does it matter he's from the west!
5. Your last few sentences have convinced me of something. YOUR ON A BIG FISHING TRIP with those comments. Plain and simple for me anyway.

Just saying like.

truehibernian
21-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Hibs should set the price - simple as that and either calls The Rangers bluff or puts the pressure on their fans for the club to stump up cash.

My price would be £1.5 million (based around Lewis McLeod and Nadir Cifcti's recent valuations) - if they pay, we lose a good player but not a world beater - if he was the former we would have won a cup and/or got promoted - if they pay we also have money to get in Dylan, Callum McGregor (no info just a player who I think is perfect for Hibs) and have some money come January window.

I seriously doubt The Rangers have that amount of cash to hand - my gut says we won't see SA play for Hibs when the window closes though. Other clubs will come in I think and a bidding war will start.

offshorehibby
21-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Hibs should set the price - simple as that and either calls The Rangers bluff or puts the pressure on their fans for the club to stump up cash.

My price would be £1.5 million (based around Lewis McLeod and Nadir Cifcti's recent valuations) - if they pay, we lose a good player but not a world beater - if he was the former we would have won a cup and/or got promoted - if they pay we also have money to get in Dylan, Callum McGregor (no info just a player who I think is perfect for Hibs) and have some money come January window.

I seriously doubt The Rangers have that amount of cash to hand - my gut says we won't see SA play for Hibs when the window closes though. Other clubs will come in I think and a bidding war will start.

Why do Hibs have to set a price.

Pretty Boy
21-07-2015, 05:46 PM

They don't and shouldn't.

Setting a price suggests he is actively up for sale, he's not.

cmcd
21-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Big L How many *** times do you want Hibs to tell you he is staying. I think its time this thread was closed

MrRobot
21-07-2015, 05:50 PM
****ing hell, can we not just stop going on about it? He's not leaving this window and he won't be here next year. Hopefully he will sign a new contract so we get some money.

He will 100% not go to Rangers. At least this year anyway.

AlbertK86
21-07-2015, 06:27 PM
Not in team or bench tonight but confident he is staying with us

The Sevconians mob will be getting all carried when they see he ain't in tonight's squad

truehibernian
21-07-2015, 06:47 PM

Because my gut instinct is the boy wants to go but has high high regards for Stubbs (and Hibs) - his best mate has just moved there too which is an additional pull.

Of course I don't want SA to leave or be sold - I'd like him to look at Stevie May and use him as an example of rewarding a club who stayed true to the player and helped his career - May was loaned out twice, took on board advice, learned his trade, won his place in the Saintees first team, won a cup, got a Scotland cap and won a move to a big club down south - that is what I'd like to see Scott do. Extend his contract, push for promotions and the cups and then see where we and he are next year.

For me though this is a bigger test of Leeann's resolve and football plan - and whether there are other moustachioed influences :cb

Jim44
21-07-2015, 07:09 PM
They are absolutely creaming themselves on FF at SA's absence tonight. They are convinced he has decided to join them.

Aldo
21-07-2015, 07:10 PM
They are absolutely creaming themselves on FF at SA's absence tonight. They are convinced he has decided to join them.

In for a shock when he pulls on his no 10 jersey and takes his place in the starting line up on Saturday afternoon!

Pretty Boy
21-07-2015, 07:12 PM

This reminds me of when they thought Scott Brown was a done deal. How did that work out for them again?

Jim44
21-07-2015, 07:16 PM
This reminds me of when they thought Scott Brown was a done deal. How did that work out for them again?

Funnily enough, one slightly more discerning mutant mentioned the fools they made of themselves over the Scott Brown situation. What is it about Hibby 'Scotts'? :greengrin

Jim44
21-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Taken from the Scott Allan thread on FF:

Iv just had a text from a hibby saying Celtic have had a £1m bid accepted.

Who's the naughty Hibby? :faf:

drumatic44
21-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Potential nightmare scenario !!, we sell Scott Allan to Celtic, and they then loan him out to der hun, to help them win the Championship, ergo bringing back the dark side derby, if there's anything in this I hope there is a clause included to avoid this. !!
allez les vertes originales !!

Jim44
21-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Potential nightmare scenario !!, we sell Scott Allan to Celtic, and they then loan him out to der hun, to help them win the Championship, ergo bringing back the dark side derby, if there's anything in this I hope there is a clause included to avoid this. !!

Don't get your knickers in a twist, it's a p!ss take.

matty_f
21-07-2015, 07:56 PM

Celtc have no intention of offering the Rangers any help at all.

PatHead
21-07-2015, 08:42 PM
Not one for publishing ITK things but in the words of a director tonight. " Wish they would make a ****in offer so we can reject it, sick of it all", "SA is going nowhere".

AlbertK86
21-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Not one for publishing ITK things but in the words of a director tonight. " Wish they would make a ****in offer so we can reject it, sick of it all", "SA is going nowhere".

Well I'm glad you've posted it

Would be good if that was put out on Twitter to sicken the Sevconians !

PatHead
21-07-2015, 08:55 PM

Don't really do twitter.

Ronniekirk
21-07-2015, 08:59 PM

Or wait till Saturday and LEEANN can make a half time announcement on the Pitch as this is sure to get their fans at the wynd up before the game
Would be great if he orchestrated their downfall and revelled in the celebrations

Alfred E Newman
21-07-2015, 09:02 PM

That would be my feelings as well, in fact this years ticket would probably be returned in the post .
I could understand the club accepting a realistic fee for Allan which would be a blow to the fans but selling to Rangers would be totally unacceptable . I am quite sure the board are fully aware of the likely backlash from the supporters and I would imagine Allan going to Rangers is a total non starter.

Sauzee07
21-07-2015, 09:06 PM

Any idea why SA didn't play tonight Pathead?

PatHead
21-07-2015, 09:08 PM

No. Conversation was purely about whether he would go to the new club.

Alfred E Newman
21-07-2015, 09:09 PM

So he was rested for Saturday?

Sauzee07
21-07-2015, 09:12 PM
So he was rested for Saturday?

Hopefully. Would love nothing better than watching SA running riot against Sevco like he did in the 4-0 classic. Would serve them right for their arrogance.

Broken Gnome
21-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Or wait till Saturday and LEEANN can make a half time announcement on the Pitch as this is sure to get their fans at the wynd up before the game
Would be great if he orchestrated their downfall and revelled in the celebrations

Imagine the aftermath we'd get if we do them at Ibrox and he has a blinder, one week before transfer window closes.

Media ****storm acoming.

mattyjacklegend
21-07-2015, 09:48 PM
Imagine the aftermath we'd get if we do them at Ibrox and he has a blinder, one week before transfer window closes.

Media ****storm acoming.

Gers fans saying Allan was at Gers V Burnley game the night. Any truth in that?

Jim44
21-07-2015, 09:54 PM

Doubt it, but some say that his agent was there. However he is also Holt's agent so that might be the reason.

3pm
21-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Piss bored with this. :rolleyes:

mattyjacklegend
21-07-2015, 10:08 PM
Piss bored with this. :rolleyes:

It's all over Gers forums apparently. I dinnae ken man. Just sharing, or trying to find out if its true.

3pm
21-07-2015, 10:12 PM
It's all over Gers forums apparently. I dinnae ken man. Just sharing, or trying to find out if its true.

Not with you mate. :aok: The whole thing is tedious.

Jim44
21-07-2015, 10:14 PM

Don't apologise for posting what you want to say or ask. The clue's in the title of the thread and if folk aren't interested they can ignore it.

AlbertK86
21-07-2015, 10:28 PM

Guy on bounce says he was at Ayr with the squad

Pure speculation from Sevconians

SurferRosa
21-07-2015, 10:32 PM

I`d guess that if it was true the Weege media would`ve been all over it. They`ve said nothing.

mattyjacklegend
21-07-2015, 10:32 PM
Guy on bounce says he was at Ayr with the squad

Pure speculation from Sevconians

Gers fans claiming they saw him in corporate. I find it hard to believe. Would love a Pic of him at Somerset to clamp my mate, haha.

oneone73
22-07-2015, 06:39 AM
Gers fans claiming they saw him in corporate. I find it hard to believe. Would love a Pic of him at Somerset to clamp my mate, haha.

There’s one on the Herald site. Sorry, can't do links from my phone.

3pm
22-07-2015, 06:44 AM
http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/13489279.Mark_Warburton_refuses_to_be_drawn_on_fre sh_Rangers_bid_for_Scott_Allan_of_Hibs_in_coming_d ays/

oneone73
22-07-2015, 06:49 AM
http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/13489279.Mark_Warburton_refuses_to_be_drawn_on_fre sh_Rangers_bid_for_Scott_Allan_of_Hibs_in_coming_d ays/

Thanks!

Deek01
22-07-2015, 06:59 AM
100% SA was at Ayr last night. On the pitch pre match and take time with Boyle and Keatings.

Baldy Foghorn
22-07-2015, 08:21 AM
100% SA was at Ayr last night. On the pitch pre match and take time with Boyle and Keatings.

He spent a while chatting to Taff before game, he was also on pitch at HT. Must be great being able to be in two places at the same time....

Derhun fans are as thick, as they are vile....Bunch of fangdangs

Thomson
22-07-2015, 08:35 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/no-contact-from-rangers-over-hibs-ace-scott-allan-1-3837129

Albanian Hibs
22-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Deary me this is becoming tedious...

Jim44
22-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Deary me this is becoming tedious...

Not tedious enough for you to ignore, however. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
22-07-2015, 11:04 AM

What do you do?

I'd insist on the signings first .. it's RP we're talking about here :devil:

Baldy Foghorn
22-07-2015, 11:31 AM
I'd insist on the signings first .. it's RP we're talking about here :devil:

Not anymore it's not.....

silverhibee
22-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Plain & Simple.

Hibs will not sell SA to The Rangers.

He may move on to another club but there is no chance Leeann Dempster will entertain the new club from the West, and I'm pretty sure she will have told SA agent that as well.

Baldy Foghorn
22-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Plain & Simple.

Hibs will not sell SA to The Rangers.

He may move on to another club but there is no chance Leeann Dempster will entertain the new club from the West, and I'm pretty sure she will have told SA agent that as well.

Exactly.....Derhun chancing their mitt and playing silly beggars

steakbake
22-07-2015, 01:36 PM
"No contact" story in EEN...

Someone is making up the rumours. It's either a media keen to keep up the pretence that The Rangers are still in the game (and have that war chest after all or an agent's 'come and get him' briefing. Or, simply, we could be playing them this weekend and it's a standard spook story.

Answers on a Gregg's napkin.

Steve20
22-07-2015, 01:46 PM
The media will keep bringing this up until the window closes. No way will we sell him to Rangers.

20/1 at Coral for 1st scorer on Saturday, though. :thumbsup:

Mikey09
22-07-2015, 01:46 PM
As I said in a previous post, imagine what they will try and do come January if we're neck and neck in the title race?? And I mean both The Rangers and the Scottish MSM!!!

Geo_1875
22-07-2015, 01:48 PM
The media will keep bringing this up until the window closes. No way will we sell him to Rangers.

20/1 at Coral for 1st scorer on Saturday, though. :thumbsup:

Don't go giving the Lying King ideas.

IanM
22-07-2015, 08:50 PM
@LukeShanley: Sky Sources: Rangers have a bid for Hibernian midfielder Scott Allan rejected.

givescotlandfreedom
22-07-2015, 08:52 PM
@LukeShanley: Sky Sources: Rangers have a bid for Hibernian midfielder Scott Allan rejected.

Sevco GTF

Hibernia&Alba
22-07-2015, 08:55 PM

I received a text a couple of hours ago from a hun saying Allan would be signing for them tomorrow. Looks like they're applying some pressure now.

IanM
22-07-2015, 08:57 PM
I received a text a couple of hours ago from a hun saying Allan would be signing for them tomorrow. Looks like they're applying some pressure now.

my £18.75 direct debit will be cancelled first thing if that's the case. I'll be asking for a full refund of the money I've paid cause that's not what we've signed up for.

He's not going though, can sense it

flash
22-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Who even attempts to buy the best player of their closest rival? Morally bankrupt.

Hibernia&Alba
22-07-2015, 09:00 PM
my £18.75 direct debit will be cancelled first thing if that's the case. I'll be asking for a full refund of the money I've paid cause that's not what we've signed up for.

He's not going though, can sense it

Let's hope so. The huns will do everything they can to turn his head, if a bid has now been put in.

GreenArmy1875
22-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Mind games before Saturday from the Rangers

Pretty Boy
22-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Erseholes.

Hibs better stick to their guns, I'm sure they will.

itslegaltender
22-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Let's hope so. The huns will do everything they can to turn his head, if a bid has now been put in.

Expect to see pictures of him in a Rangers strip as a bairn, "sources" quoted "close to him" saying he wants loves it at Hibs but the pull of Rangers is strong.

Time for Hibs to make a stand here. What actually is the point of supporting a team who would sell their best player to their closest rivals in a must win league situation of a season?

Ronniekirk
22-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Did hibs not say they would welcome a bid ,so they could knock it back ,which they have .This is typical brinkmanship by that Mob ,and we now really need to stand firm and show them we mean business . If of course the player is being tapped up ,we all know the next stage will be a quick further bid ,that they expect us to reject ,and then look to S. A to make it public he wants away .
Be interested to know how much they actually bid is was it remotely serious money ,I suspect not

lord bunberry
22-07-2015, 09:07 PM
I hope we also told them not to bother trying again. I'd love to know how much the bid was.

Aldo
22-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Erseholes. Hibs better stick to their guns, I'm sure they will.

I hope so too!

Call their bluff say he won't be going anywhere for less than £2.5 million. That's what we value his services at!

See what they say then!

Brightside
22-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Im told the bid was 550k.

Aldo
22-07-2015, 09:08 PM
I hope we also told them not to bother trying again. I'd love to know how much the bid was.

Derisory I would suspect LB. Less than £200 grand I bet.

Aldo
22-07-2015, 09:09 PM

Really. Quadruple that and we might just think about it

truehibernian

Ryan Gauld - over £3million

The Rangers have the benchmark there :aok:

Hibernia&Alba

Where did you hear that, mate? That's big money for us to be knocking back.

lord bunberry
If that's true then they're well short of what he's worth.

lord bunberry
22-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Derisory I would suspect LB. Less than £200 grand I bet.
They can do one no matter what it was bud.

GreenArmyyy!
22-07-2015, 09:11 PM
He's not going anywhere IMO, a lot of crap. If he were to move on it will not be to the Rangers.

Aldo
22-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Ryan Gauld - over £3million The Rangers have the benchmark there :aok:

Indeed. If a bid has been made the SA's head will of been turned. We shall see if he's true to his word about being happy here!

Brightside
22-07-2015, 09:12 PM
I honestly think if they go to £1m the club will be tempted. He is the best in the league by a mile, but how often can Hibs give a manager £1m to buy new players?? I personally don't want him sold...but its a lot of money.

Aldo
22-07-2015, 09:13 PM
They can do one no matter what it was bud.

I'm not ITK. But you never know with that mob. Underscore (as you've seen) has heard 550k but still way below valuation. £2.5 million for me to start with!

Brightside
22-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Really. Quadruple that and we might just think about it

According to my sauces they are deffo going to try and expect them to go back again tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm away to cut the phone lines at Leannes house!

eastterrace
22-07-2015, 09:14 PM
I honestly think if they go to £1m the club will be tempted. He is the best in the league by a mile, but how often can Hibs give a manager £1m to buy new players?? I personally don't want him sold...but its a lot of money.

they aint going to bid a million, i see the bid was 350 thou, so they might up it to 500 tho. if he is not happy with us then what can you do.

Brightside
I'm not ITK. But you never know with that mob. Underscore (as you've seen) has heard 550k but still way below valuation. £2.5 million for me to start with!

If he had a 2 year contract id agree. But the one year deal makes it hard to get more than £1m IMO.

lord bunberry
It's more about the message it sends out to our supporters than the transfer fee.

Aldo

It is a lot of money but it will cost us promotion IMHO which is worth a lot more. Unless the club have Leigh Griffiths lined up as his replacement (being unrealistic I know) the they can just do one!

3pm
22-07-2015, 09:16 PM

Yep, agreed.

lord bunberry
22-07-2015, 09:17 PM
:agree: They haven't got that sort of money thankfully

Hibernia&Alba
It's more about the message it sends out to our supporters than the transfer fee.

Correct, it would be a scunner, but for us every player has his price, particularly when he has a one year deal. It has to be top, top dollar or no deal from Hibs now.

hibees 7062

350 according to FB

Aldo
If he had a 2 year contract id agree. But the one year deal makes it hard to get more than £1m IMO.

It will be like selling our soul IMHO! What sort of signal does that send out to the guys that have signed on.

If and its a big If this goes through (I don't want it to) then the club better have a replacement lined up!

Scooter

Do u think Stubbs will get the full million to spend

itslegaltender
He might be worth a million, but how much is it worth Hibs turning off more fans from paying at the gate?

SurferRosa
22-07-2015, 09:18 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-reject-bid-from-rangers-for-scott-allan-1-3838384

Aldo
22-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Correct, it would be a scunner, but for us every player has his price, particularly when he has a one year deal. It has to be top, top dollar or no deal from Hibs now.

I know but it's *****. Tbh I'd rather sell him to Smellic for £250,000 just to piss them off. Grrrrrrrr

Hibernia&Alba
22-07-2015, 09:19 PM
350 according to FB

That would be a joke bid. Get tae **** huns.

lord bunberry
22-07-2015, 09:19 PM
He can't be for sale to rangers for any price

Thecat23
22-07-2015, 09:20 PM
I text a poster on here early on about this. The Rangers manager expects Allan to be there by next week! I'm not going into details but we will be very lucky if he's still with us!

I can't believe it myself, but Allan could well be a Huns player come next week!

Aldo
22-07-2015, 09:20 PM
That would be a joke bid. Get tae **** huns. If sources on here have indicated an opening bid of 550k then I am happy to believe that! They are however a long way off I would suggest in the clubs valuation!

Jonnyboy
22-07-2015, 09:21 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-reject-bid-from-rangers-for-scott-allan-1-3838384

From the article

That said, they don’t expect Rangers to abandon their bid to lure Allan, a lifelong fan of the Ibrox club, to Govan, but they fully understand the part he has to play in Hibs own promotion bid and the danger of undoing all the hard work over the past year of rebuilding the relationship with supporters which was so sorely strained by the shattering blow of relegation.

To that end, Hibs will continue to rebuff any moves, confident that come the close of the transfer window at the end of next month Allan will remain their player.

David Hardie has his ear close to the ground for all things Hibs

Thecat23
22-07-2015, 09:21 PM
£6k a week £500k with add ons! If Hibs sell then it's game over from me.

truehibernian
22-07-2015, 09:22 PM

Alternatively the 1000 lapsed seasons could renew and fans could invest into HSL :aok: and keep Allan :agree:

Thecat23
22-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Alternatively the 1000 lapsed seasons could renew and fans could invest into HSL :aok: and keep Allan :agree:

What if Allan wants to leave though?

hibees 7062
22-07-2015, 09:25 PM
That would be a joke bid. Get tae **** huns.

Utd offered 180k

Hibs90
22-07-2015, 09:26 PM

That reads like an 'indirect' statement from hibs:greengrin

B.H.F.C
22-07-2015, 09:28 PM

Do you think he does?

CB_NO3
Same from me. I would happily sell to any other club in the UK before them. I would rather sell to Hertz before them. If Allan really wants to go to them then surely he can wait one year and give us the one year he is due us.

Hibs90

He doesn't this season. Horses mouth.

Gmack7
22-07-2015, 09:29 PM
If we sell to newhun we are giving up on winning the league and effectively saying that we'll take our chances in the playoffs
NO FU££IN DEAL

3pm

Game over even if he wants to leave?! :greengrin

Boydyhfc

TC, What are you hearing mate, just to clarify?

truehibernian
22-07-2015, 09:30 PM

I posted yesterday TC that the boy wants to go (my instinct) - Hibs should say £1.5 million, one payment immediately, 20% sell on - and Hibs then get in McGeouch, Henderson and McGregor from Celtic :aok:

truehibernian
22-07-2015, 09:31 PM
...and my next gut instinct will be Scott handing in a transfer request

hibbytam
22-07-2015, 09:32 PM

then tough ****, he's under contract with us for another year, and he cannot go to our main league rivals this season. Simply put, rangers cannot put a bid in that will make it worth us risking our chance to get back into the top league.

Brightside
22-07-2015, 09:32 PM
I posted yesterday TC that the boy wants to go (my instinct) - Hibs should say £1.5 million, one payment immediately, 20% sell on - and Hibs then get in McGeouch, Henderson and McGregor from Celtic :aok:

id take that...

Thecat23
22-07-2015, 09:33 PM
TC, What are you hearing mate, just to clarify?

I'm hearing there is a very good chance he's off! If he doesn't go I'll be very, very surprised! The fact the media called some of the Rangers players to ask them how they feel about "Allan joining" says to me the manager is confident of getting him.

If I were Hibs is stand firm!

GreenCastle
deja vu....

The timing would be horrendous if he was to leave though still 40 days till transfer window shuts.

I think Allan will stay with us this season but we are going to have constant stories trying to unsettle him and us! :rolleyes:

The thought of him playing for them one day doesn't sit well though...surely he has more class and further ambition?

Thecat23
then tough ****, he's under contract with us for another year, and he cannot go to our main league rivals this season. Simply put, rangers cannot put a bid in that will make it worth us risking our chance to get back into the top league.

Couldn't agree more!

Hibs90
22-07-2015, 09:34 PM
...and my next gut instinct will be Scott handing in a transfer request

Which Hibs would reject

Aldo

TH your terms sound ok but they will pay nowhere near that! Not ITK. Would be happy getting the trio from Smellic tho!

Lago
So much for the theory that rangers don't have any money to spend on players.

GreenCastle
22-07-2015, 09:36 PM

Probably take that also - as long as they were all permanent deals and not loans. Not quite sure how they can afford anywhere near £1 million though ?!!

The chances are Hibs wouldn't invest all the money we received though..

Hibs90
They could also just be putting crap bids in to appease their fans. I don't believe for a second they have any money. Their signings so far prove it

flash
I think if the above is true it's now about holding out for the best deal possible.

Iceman1875

Can't see this happening at all. Most they would pay IMO is 500k for a player with one year left. I would defiantly take those three though!

At Easter Road we play...

itslegaltender
So much for the theory that rangers don't have any money to spend on players.

Depends on what the actual payment terms offered were!

My guess is that they are cash rich in terms of season ticket sales but have no reserves to see themselves through the season. Typical Huns.

Peanut Shaz
If Hibs sell SA to The Rangers in this window I'm done. This is a monumental season for us and SA is a vital part of it. All the goodwill and rebuilding of trust built up will be eradicated in one fell swoop. I'm Hibs through and through and have stuck by them through thick and thin for over 40 years, but this really would be the final straw for me.

truehibernian
22-07-2015, 09:37 PM
id take that...

....I think this has always been the contingency the minute Deila stated he'd allow McGregor to go on loan to another Scottish club. We could buy Dylan for a nominal fee and get two loans in - I'd take that in a minute as McGregor is a right talent :agree:

Ronniekirk
22-07-2015, 09:38 PM
As a first bid if that's true it's a serious start so the gloves are indeed off .Wonder if King is prepared to bankroll this one Transfer to destabilise us and attempt to give them an impetus re other potential signings .
We certainly won't get any bid of that amount in January

they may also have come in with a serious bid just to test our metal ,and they will have an upper limit they are prepared to go to but will look for S A to publicly state he wants away before they would go to that ,in the hope hibs fans start saying we don't want to keep a player that is stating he wants to play for rangers .a lot of potential ways to play this one and psychology a Big factor .

If on the other hand the Evening News article is right re amount ,it's laughable ,and they know theycan't get afford him slate looking to unsettle him and see if he will go back on his statement to date that he is happy to see out his contract at hibs

Green Fish
If he wants to go he can go, next summer, before that is business suicide and LD will be fully aware. After what the club has done for him I just could not believe this to be true.

Danny_Hibee
This is make or break time for me with what Hibs keep telling us they are trying to achieve. We seem to have shifted our focus dramatically away from chasing quick money at every opportunity to a much smarter approach of making money long term by building a successful team, putting in some real football foundations and most importantly getting the fans back on side.

I hope the board realise just how much damage they will do to all the great work that has been done since Leeann arrived if they sell Scott Allan to that mob. IMO no amount of money from 'them' would compensate for the Hibs support taking that massive kick in the baws just as we are trusting the club again.

Thecat23
22-07-2015, 09:39 PM

They would all improve our squad mate but sadly the bridges built since we were relegated would be blown away and that could really harm the club at a time when we need everyone pulling together in the right direction.

allezsauzee
22-07-2015, 09:40 PM
If Hibs sell SA to The Rangers in this window I'm done. This is a monumental season for us and SA is a vital part of it. All the goodwill and rebuilding of trust built up will be eradicated in one fell swoop. I'm Hibs through and through and have stuck by them through thick and thin for over 40 years, but this really would be the final straw for me.

I suspect a lot of people feel this way. it would be stupidity if Hibs sell to Rangers

flash
22-07-2015, 09:41 PM
I understand your frustration but if he wants to go history shows it's almost impossible to keep a player under those circumstances.
If we get a good price and reinvest it all on players who want to play for us that has to be the best solution.
If he doesn't want to go then keep him regardless how*much they bid.

Hibernia&Alba
22-07-2015, 09:42 PM
I think if the above is true it's now about holding out for the best deal possible.

It would have to be a very, very good deal, flash. Scott would be integral to any promotion challenge, and losing him to another Championship team would create great unease in the support. Let's hope it resolves itself in Scott staying, but if he goes to that mob, it has to be for big money, or he sees out his contract.

QMU-1875
22-07-2015, 09:42 PM

Working well so far right enough... Think these lapsed fans and others need to realise the reason we might sell him or not attract quality is because they ain't buying season tickets or going to the games. 7-8000 or whatever we are on is a joke for this club.

SneakersO'Toole
22-07-2015, 09:43 PM
This is make or break time for me with what Hibs keep telling us they are trying to achieve. We seem to have shifted our focus dramatically away from chasing quick money at every opportunity to a much smarter approach of making money long term by building a successful team, putting in some real football foundations and most importantly getting the fans back on side.

I hope the board realise just how much damage they will do to all the great work that has been done since Leeann arrived if they sell Scott Allan to that mob. IMO no amount of money from 'them' would compensate for the Hibs support taking that massive kick in the baws just as we are trusting the club again.

Spot on. Absolutely no deal with that mob regardless of figures. This isn't about money, ita about principle and the club standing up for the fans.

flash
22-07-2015, 09:44 PM
It would have to be a very, very good deal, flash. Scott would be integral to any promotion challenge, and losing him to another Championship team would create great unease in the support. Let's hope it resolves itself in Scott staying, but if he goes to that mob, it has to be for big money, or he sees out his contract.
It's all about whether he agitates to go.

Libby Hibby
22-07-2015, 09:46 PM
No player is bigger than the club and if SA wants to go the we should get the best possible deal for the club...if he wants to stay then Rangers should be told to bolt...ball pretty much in Allan's court

Smartie
22-07-2015, 09:46 PM
I suspect a lot of people feel this way. it would be stupidity if Hibs sell to Rangers

I agree.

He's the first player we've had who is that good for a while.

Hibs might be forced to sell him but it MUST not be for less than he is worth and it MUST not be to The Rangers.

Forget about all the talk about people not going back to ER because of Petrie etc. The one thing that will wipe thousands off the gate at Easter Road next season would be selling Scott Allan to The Rangers.

truehibernian
22-07-2015, 09:47 PM
They would all improve our squad mate but sadly the bridges built since we were relegated would be blown away and that could really harm the club at a time when we need everyone pulling together in the right direction.

Can't allow this or a player to detract from our goal - if you have a player who wants to leave you can't carry him as he won't be 100% each game.

For me I can't believe nobody from the Championship have taken McGregor - he is exactly what our midfield and left flank needs - Henderson flourished on loan abroad and has exactly the mentality Stubbs looks for on and off the pitch, and we know what Dylan can bring - indeed, Scott often meant Dylan was plaing deeper which is not where he is best.

I'd like to keep Allan but I am definitely not seeing this as a catastrophe - far far from it - money in the bank and 3 really good additions. Our games v The Rangers will decide where this championship goes for me. Scott was a standout in one of our games, decent in two and sadly way off the boil in the play offs against them. That is why I think we need to calm down and see what Stubbs has up his sleeve, which I am certain he does mate.

Peanut Shaz
Spot on. Absolutely no deal with that mob regardless of figures. This isn't about money, ita about principle and the club standing up for the fans.

Spot on. This is way beyond money. This is about the club and their new relationship with fans. SA signed a contract. I don't care if he wants to leave or not. He signed it, he honours it. End of.

Dobosz83
Lots of posters look resigned to defeat here. There's talk of people being done with Hibs if they do this as its business suicide. I totally understand that however, if the guy want to pull on blue and makes that clear, he has to go as he'd be a rotten apple as well as our best player.

I got called a drama queen for voicing a little concern regarding the pre season prep, injuries and Allen saga. Can anyone really say we are in pole position to get promoted here...

Fergos
IMHO this is all about whether SA wants to go or not.

I'm quite sure that LD doesn't want to or would sell if she had the choice.

However.....worst case scenario...he goes....he's been brilliant in the most part for us but we wouldn't fall apart without him and I'm sure most of us are confident in Stubbsys ability in getting in a few decent replacements should he be given the candy to spend. And how much would it benefit if we were to hold onto him and he did want a move to them?

I understand folks frustrations IF we do sell, including my own but I'd still go and watch the Hibs. We aren't SA FC.

GGTTH

Radium
22-07-2015, 09:48 PM
SCOTT ALLAN LATEST: Rangers' bid so low it only took Hibs seconds to dismiss it. Fresh one anticipated though. http://t.co/rsHQ0eKhsV

If Hibs have briefed the EN then the story suggests that they get what selling Allan would mean

cmcd
22-07-2015, 09:49 PM
I text a poster on here early on about this. The Rangers manager expects Allan to be there by next week! I'm not going into details but we will be very lucky if he's still with us!

I can't believe it myself, but Allan could well be a Huns player come next week!
Utter crap

silverhibee
Erseholes.

Hibs better stick to their guns, I'm sure they will.

Me too.

GreenCastle
Modern football is pretty much about player power / agents sadly.

If he plays Saturday I think it will tell us quite a lot.

Thecat23
22-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Utter crap

Sorry?