PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan - signs a 4 year deal with Celtic

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Hibstrooper
25-07-2015, 04:25 PM
At the end of the game Scott Allan could have pulled a flute from his sock, shoved on a sash and jumped into the Rangers fans and one thing would still be guaranteed - he won't be a The Rangers player this season.

Edit: forgot Rangers had died and it is The Rangers now

tamig
25-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Opinions eh? Were you at the game?

At Easter Road we play...

I was there and I agree with the guys you're questioning. Even if Allan "was night and day" from last season, a less than 100% Allan is still head and shoulders above most players. I thought he showed great commitment, had a few really good runs, some fine passes and didn't hold back in a few 50/50s. If that's the sign of somebody where their heart isn't in it, give me a team of those types any day of the week. Under the unique circumstances of the past few days I thought Allan was superb.

SquashedFrogg
25-07-2015, 04:50 PM
I was there and I agree with the guys you're questioning. Even if Allan "was night and day" from last season, a less than 100% Allan is still head and shoulders above most players. I thought he showed great commitment, had a few really good runs, some fine passes and didn't hold back in a few 50/50s. If that's the sign of somebody where their heart isn't in it, give me a team of those types any day of the week. Under the unique circumstances of the past few days I thought Allan was superb.

To be fair I thought he played well when he came on. His little hand slap with Halliday when he came on ( I know they're mates) probably wasn't wise.

coco22
25-07-2015, 04:53 PM
To be fair I thought he played well when he came on. His little hand slap with Halliday when he came on ( I know they're mates) probably wasn't wise.

Agree. I thought he looked commited and good on the ball. As usual he tried a cpl of over-elaborate passes but that's him. No need for the high five or love-in at the end but it's no worth bothering about. I was raging after the game but appear to have calmed down after a few refreshments

OsloHibs
25-07-2015, 04:54 PM
At FT he walks past our players to get a hug from the Rangers players. There was no needs for that- He knows what he's doing. Not one single clap for us fans despite the support we gave him. Little 5hit.

On a better note- Well done Scott Martin.

StarMan10
25-07-2015, 05:01 PM
All opinions of course but I thought it was clear his head was somewhere else today. When on the ball he was able to do some nice things, but off the ball he plundered about with his hands on his hips. I imagine he's not a very good influence on the squad atmosphere just now.

Leith Mo
25-07-2015, 05:12 PM
Unable to be there today but did notice on tv Scott Allan in his warm up running during the first half quietly clapping and keeping his thumb up when passing applauding Hibs fans. However we let them win the first part of the battle by putting him on the bench in the first place. Someone said he's carrying a niggle if that is the case the Club should have said so. Was told a couple of months ago his situation is very much part of trying to get McGeouch back from Celtic. Would have prefered to see both together but now after his display of "professional respect" to The Rangers employees for me he can go. Inappropriate in timing (as well as content) in my opinion. A handshake to the nearest player and applause to the home support were all that was needed. I think he's gone so we all need to reunite move on and beat the new club in the war for the title not the battle for the Challenge Cup (as much as I love beating them in any battle).

high bee
25-07-2015, 05:13 PM
All opinions of course but I thought it was clear his head was somewhere else today. When on the ball he was able to do some nice things, but off the ball he plundered about with his hands on his hips. I imagine he's not a very good influence on the squad atmosphere just now.

Totally agree, initially I was really impressed with his commitment and it looked like he had a point to prove, which I was encouraged by. However looking at him off the ball he looked like his head was simewhere else, again understandable given the circumstances.

What got me was the way he was with team mates and the way they were with him, then at FT it felt like a knife in the back.

JJP
25-07-2015, 05:18 PM
I worried before about losing him. Now I'm just worried about if no one else comes in for him or he won't sign for anyone else.

hibee_girl
25-07-2015, 05:21 PM

He does that in every game!

JimBHibees
25-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Allan was fine today should have started. The body language analysis is nonsense. He was fine and clapped Hibs fans when warming up first half.

JJP
25-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Allan was fine today should have started. The body language analysis is nonsense. He was fine and clapped Hibs fans when warming up first half.

He's changed his Instgram profile pic to him hugging a Rangers player. Another coincidence?

JimBHibees
25-07-2015, 06:18 PM
He's changed his Instgram profile pic to him hugging a Rangers player. Another coincidence?

Don't honestly care what he does in his own time.

Jim44
25-07-2015, 06:21 PM

Possibly fingers up to Stubbs' statement that he is Not For Sale.

ScottM1875
25-07-2015, 06:22 PM

Tbf, it's Andy Halliday, who he's hugging, who he's previously stated is his best friend out of football.

DH1875
25-07-2015, 06:23 PM

Without seeing the picture, is it no his best bud he is in the picture with?

S4uzee
25-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Without seeing the picture, is it no his best bud he is in the picture with?

He's coming across like a right welt IMO

Hannah_hfc
25-07-2015, 06:37 PM
He's coming across like a right welt IMO
He knows what he's doing. I wanted to be optimistic about the Allan scenario but after today he's way down in my estimation.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
25-07-2015, 06:39 PM
At FT he walks past our players to get a hug from the Rangers players. There was no needs for that- He knows what he's doing. Not one single clap for us fans despite the support we gave him. Little 5hit.

On a better note- Well done Scott Martin.

oh he certainly does :agree:

JJP
25-07-2015, 06:41 PM
He knows what he's doing. I wanted to be optimistic about the Allan scenario but after today he's way down in my estimation.

:agree: He has no respect for the club or the supporters.

S4uzee
25-07-2015, 06:41 PM

Exactly how I feel too. I was adamant we had to keep him at the start of the week but id rather he was gone now

hibs0666
25-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Exactly how I feel too. I was adamant we had to keep him at the start of the week but id rather he was gone now

Only when we get full value.

S4uzee
25-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Only when we get full value.

Agreed

tamig
25-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Agreed

But not from the hun.

Pete
25-07-2015, 06:56 PM
I don't care what pictures he posts or how he acts.

We simply CAN'T cave in and sell him to Sevco.

bigwheel
25-07-2015, 06:57 PM

he won't be going there...they don't have the money to turn our heads.....

JJP
25-07-2015, 06:57 PM

I think we are all agreed there. I just hope we sell him to someone else.

Mikey09
25-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Scott Allan will not be sold to The Rangers. Goodnight!! :greengrin

Pete
25-07-2015, 07:08 PM

I think money is the key here. His head has probably been turned by the big bucks and all this emotional stuff surrounding Sevco has been overplayed by the press.

They can take a running jump.

OsloHibs
25-07-2015, 07:42 PM

He could've put up any photo of him & his mate- but chose that one. Did I expect anything else.. No. He showed his feelings at FT. :rolleyes:

#10 (@scottyallan) Instagram photos and videos (http://apicdn.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=c320e26696842c1e5352481567482e0f&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hibeesbounce.com%2Fforum%2Fsh owthread.php%3F115477-Scott-at-end-of-game%26p%3D1484763&out=http%3A%2F%2Fi.instagram.com%2Fscottyallan%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FWwd6FJLMjX)

Del Boy
25-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Now want him to leave. Not to huns obviously but I want Hibs to sell him.

His actions at full time were a slap in the face to the club and fans.

Greenblood70
25-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Nothing has changed as far as I'm concerned after today. Unless those bigoted *******s cough up what we're looking for he goes nowhere. I'd rather he rots in the stand than is sold to that despicable institution.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-07-2015, 07:58 PM
I think money is the key here. His head has probably been turned by the big bucks and all this emotional stuff surrounding Sevco has been overplayed by the press.

:agree: And the key is do they have enough up front to pay the evaluation. If they were to pay the going rate then fair enough and the funds must be reinvested in the team immediately.

JJP
25-07-2015, 07:58 PM
Nothing has changed as far as I'm concerned after today. Unless those bigoted *******s cough up what we're looking for he goes nowhere. I'd rather he rots in the stand than is sold to that despicable institution.

No point in paying him to sit in the stands. I'm sure the club would be happy to sell (NOT to Rangers) but are probably just saying he is not for sale to protect any bargaining position we have left.

Lago
25-07-2015, 08:01 PM
He could've put up any photo of him & his mate- but chose that one. Did I expect anything else.. No. He showed his feelings at FT. :rolleyes:
He has played this game before.

magpie1892
25-07-2015, 08:05 PM

Money certainly is the key - sevco don't have any. To meet our asking price and offer SA a three-year deal at, say, £5k/wk will cost them (plus agents' fees, etc.) in the region of £5m. They don't have it. They don't have close to that amount. We know this because they owe Mike Ashley £5 and (unwisely, for myriad reasons) refused to repay him when he asked for it back.

Added to this, the hun running costs absolutely dwarf their income, which is basically only the season ticket money.

Plus, there's no way AS and LD would sanction a sale to the hun even if the Govan bin-dippers could afford SA. If they do, we might as well all go home.

tamig
25-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Money certainly is the key - sevco don't have any. To meet our asking price and offer SA a three-year deal at, say, £5k/wk will cost them (plus agents' fees, etc.) in the region of £5m. They don't have it. They don't have close to that amount. We know this because they owe Mike Ashley this amount and refused to repay him when he asked for it back.

Added to this, the hun running costs absolutely dwarf their income, which is basically only the season ticket money.

Plus, there's no way AS and LD would sanction a sale to the hun even if the Govan bin-dippers could afford SA. If they do, we might as well all go home.

Sorry to be pedantic but where do you get 5m from based on the wages you've quoted - assuming a fee of around 1m?

matty_f
25-07-2015, 08:12 PM

IMHO he was in a no-win situation at the end, whatever he did would have been viewed one way or another. I wouldn't read too much into it.

magpie1892
25-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Sorry to be pedantic but where do you get 5m from based on the wages you've quoted - assuming a fee of around 1m?

I thought we were looking for £1.5m? Plus £800,000 basic, signing-on fee, 'loyalty bonus' over three years, win bonuses over three years, agents fees, etc. If his agents are even adequately competent he'll have a pay rise factored in if he gets a Scotland cap, and so on.

Call it £4m then? It's not just the price on the ticket...

A lot of people mistook the £175,000 initial bid as just an attempt to wind HFC up. It worked, but 5088 were livid that we disclosed that they wanted to pay £90k up front with the rest coming from a set of add-ons that were so surreal that Picasso would have looked at them and said: 'nah, I can't top that'. Why £90k up front? Skint.

Skint. Skint. Skint.

Sevconians still waiting for Dave King's 'war chest' to be opened. He's been chairman for how long now?

StevieC
25-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Money certainly is the key - sevco don't have any. To meet our asking price and offer SA a three-year deal at, say, £5k/wk will cost them (plus agents' fees, etc.) in the region of £5m.

That's £3m of agents fees .. I'm in the wrong profession!

high bee
25-07-2015, 08:27 PM
IMHO he was in a no-win situation at the end, whatever he did would have been viewed one way or another. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Agreed that he would always by under the microscope during the game and we should be mindful that anyone else doing that today would likely go unnoticed.

Can't deny its pretty galling with the hugging at FT and posting the photo online. I know he's a fan of them but where is the respect? Call me old fashioned.

magpie1892
25-07-2015, 08:27 PM
That's £3m of agents fees .. I'm in the wrong profession!

See above. Thought you'd be used to this sort of thing with NUFC's trick of factoring wages into the transfer fee? i.e. we paid Monaco £1.8m for Riviere, but leaked a fee to the Daily Mail of £6m which was inclusive of all the things mentioned above.

Same with Cabella - he cost £5.2m.

magpie1892
25-07-2015, 08:30 PM
Allan's agent is John Viola

Confirmed that it's not Viola any more, but a pair of spivs that used to work for him.

25-07-2015, 08:34 PM

Forgive me if someone has already said but what did he do at FT?

I wasnt at the game today

147lothian
25-07-2015, 08:34 PM
All the speculation would be enough to turn anyone's head, with the public bids before the game etc, Allan's head must have been spinning, I just hope, he concentrates on what he does best and the whole sorry saga is forgotten, then if he does move on, I for one will wish him all the best

StevieC
25-07-2015, 08:36 PM
See above. Thought you'd be used to this sort of thing with NUFC's trick of factoring wages into the transfer fee? i.e. we paid Monaco £1.8m for Riviere, but leaked a fee to the Daily Mail of £6m which was inclusive of all the things mentioned above.

Same with Cabella - he cost £5.2m.

I'm sure you can forgive me for a bit of a memory lapse with Newcastle transfers .. they haven't happened that often in recent years :wink:

JCHibby
25-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Agreed that he would always by under the microscope during the game and we should be mindful that anyone else doing that today would likely go unnoticed.

Can't deny its pretty galling with the hugging at FT and posting the photo online. I know he's a fan of them but where is the respect? Call me old fashioned.

For me Allan has played his last game for Hibs. The actions at the end told everyone what he is wanting, he will not hand in a transfer request as it will void a number of conditions of his contract and hurt him financially.

IMO his team mates are now no longer his team mates, I thought it was pretty clear during the game and at the end. I know he is a supporter of that mob and can understand why he wants to go there, but this is going to end with a sour taste the way it's going.

Currently I wouldn't want him anywhere near the first team, other folk in the know, cat etc, will have a far better understanding of the current position but it isn't looking good.

magpie1892
25-07-2015, 08:41 PM
I'm sure you can forgive me for a bit of a memory lapse with Newcastle transfers .. they haven't happened that often in recent years :wink:

Only a year since we signed that pair of impostors!

fishybeaver
25-07-2015, 08:42 PM

Stop being sensible!

tamig
25-07-2015, 08:53 PM
I thought we were looking for £1.5m? Plus £800,000 basic, signing-on fee, 'loyalty bonus' over three years, win bonuses over three years, agents fees, etc. If his agents are even adequately competent he'll have a pay rise factored in if he gets a Scotland cap, and so on.

Call it £4m then? It's not just the price on the ticket...

A lot of people mistook the £175,000 initial bid as just an attempt to wind HFC up. It worked, but 5088 were livid that we disclosed that they wanted to pay £90k up front with the rest coming from a set of add-ons that were so surreal that Picasso would have looked at them and said: 'nah, I can't top that'. Why £90k up front? Skint.

Skint. Skint. Skint.

Sevconians still waiting for Dave King's 'war chest' to be opened. He's been chairman for how long now?

Thanks for that.

jacomo
25-07-2015, 08:55 PM
For me Allan has played his last game for Hibs. The actions at the end told everyone what he is wanting, he will not hand in a transfer request as it will void a number of conditions of his contract and hurt him financially.

IMO his team mates are now no longer his team mates, I thought it was pretty clear during the game and at the end. I know he is a supporter of that mob and can understand why he wants to go there, but this is going to end with a sour taste the way it's going.

Currently I wouldn't want him anywhere near the first team, other folk in the know, cat etc, will have a far better understanding of the current position but it isn't looking good.

And if we sell to Sevco it's going to hurt Hibs financially.

Emotions running high and if SA needs to sit out for a few weeks to sort his head out, so be it.

We are not selling to them.

Mikey09
25-07-2015, 08:58 PM

Emotions running high and if SA needs to sit out for a few weeks to sort his head out, so be it.

Correct!!!! If Scott was sold to them there would be bedlam!! Hibs ain't that daft!! :greengrin

S4uzee
25-07-2015, 08:58 PM

I am fairly confident we won't sell to them but I feel
Allan really wants to go to them. My biggest worry is he stays then signs a pre contract in January

Wellbankhibby
25-07-2015, 09:00 PM

Let me rephrase my title because some of you are not supporters. yes we are all entitled to our opinions but before the game today we were all in agreement it was vital SA stays with us. We dominated the first half hour of the game and then did our usual routine by gifting goals, resulting in loss of confidence yet again.
The biggest problem to start with today was leaving him on the bench, The Manager played right into their hands.
Remember they beat us in this micky mouse competition last year and we still finished above them.
Unfortunately SA will now leave the club and I dont think anyone will be surprised now.
Firstly Stubbs made a very poor decision to keep him on the bench, next it is pretty clear there is now ill feeling between the players and SA and when he reads some of the comments on here wanting him to go.
It is now in EVERY ONES interest to sell him to the highest bidder EXCEPT Sevco.
Finally yes we got a roasting today but thats not the first time and it wont be the last time but we do need harmony in the club and EVERYONE to pull together. Im afraid a defeat is hard to take but its harder to read some of the comments from some so called Hibees on here. We are entitled to our opinions but IMOP some so called supporters should be ashamed of themselves, my god its one game. :confused:

scoopyboy
25-07-2015, 09:04 PM
I am fairly confident we won't sell to them but I feel
Allan really wants to go to them. My biggest worry is he stays then signs a pre contract in January

I would agree with that.

If we keep him there is nothing we can do to stop him doing that in January I'm afraid.

At the moment I think it's best we sell him to anyone except Rangers and use the money to bring a couple of players in.

I have changed my view in the last few days and I may change it again I suppose!!!!!!

stevie-bee
25-07-2015, 09:06 PM
I noticed Cummings having a few words with him during the game , 1 at the penalty and another after Allen done a run and passed to Jason

JJP
25-07-2015, 09:09 PM
I would agree with that.

If we keep him there is nothing we can do to stop him doing that in January I'm afraid.

At the moment I think it's best we sell him to anyone except Rangers and use the money to bring a couple of players in.

I have changed my view in the last few days and I may change it again I suppose!!!!!!

Agreed

Zazu62
25-07-2015, 09:10 PM
I'm starting to get a pissed of with Allan now .. It seems to me like he's sucking up to the Huns on social media etc..

Why not be content with seeing out your contract and repaying Allan Stubbs and Hibernian for showing faith in u..

Then when his contract is up he can go and join his 'heroes'

The team has been affected by all of this west coast media pish tae

Oh aye, I hate Rangers.

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2015, 09:11 PM
I noticed Cummings having a few words with him during the game , 1 at the penalty and another after Allen done a run and passed to JasonCan't be easy playing with someone who isn't committed to the cause.

matty_f
25-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Can't be easy playing with someone who isn't committed to the cause.

I thought Cummings looked fairly committed, to be fair.

Libby Hibby
25-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Sell him, sell him to anyone bar Rangers...quite clear today his head is not with Hibs and at the final whistle was just embarrassing...specifically watched what he was doing, barely acknowledged anyone in green, including the fans but openly hugging every single one of them

Jim44
25-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Can anybody explain how he can be sold to another club other than Sevco?

bighairyfaeleith
25-07-2015, 09:21 PM
We should sell him, but never to rangers and only sell him on the last day of the transfer window so he can't be sold on again.

Until then stick him in the stand unless he comes out and says publicly he is happy to stay at hibs and give his all. I don't expect him to deny he is a rangers fan at heart, but he is a hibs player and must act as such or he sits in the stand until next july.

He is on about a grand a week, **** it, it will cost us 50 odd grand to let him rot if he plays silly buggers.

I would rather he screwed the nut and played for hibs like he did last season, but if he won't we need to send a clear message to sevco and everyone else that we are not an easy touch and we will do anything to deny them our best players.

Libby Hibby
25-07-2015, 09:22 PM

We keep rebuffing their offers and accept one from anyone else that offers an amount which is agreeable to Hibs.

Can you explain why we can sell only to Sevco?

bighairyfaeleith
25-07-2015, 09:23 PM

They make an offer

We accept it

They offer Allan higer wagers than sevco

Greedy footballer accepts it

Job done

Footballers don't think like normal football fans

See Maurice johnston

magpie1892
25-07-2015, 09:23 PM
Thanks for that.

No bother. Maybe I over-egged it by a million or so but this is money that 5088 don't have anyway. They were looking at Lee Irwin long before Allan but backed slowly out of the room when it emerged that LUFC had offered him a three-year, £6k/wk deal.

Bear in mind, when 5088 launched in 2012, they were handing out four-year, £8k/wk deals to players like Shiels and Black. Boyd and Miller were costing 5088 a combined basic of £17k a week last season. Fantastic. They're still paying Sally £15k a week.

They've been pillaged by numerous people since 2012 because their fans were too stupid to heed warnings from Sheff Utd. fans (Sir Charles) and also made the mistake of taking a PR outfit of ex-journos at their word when they described potless fantasist Whyte as a 'billionaire, wealth off the radar'.

Ashley has them stitched up like a kipper in terms of merchandise (which they are now boycotting, without realising they'll have to pay for it anyway) and all they have for working capital is their season ticket income.

This is why they are skint.

Pete
25-07-2015, 09:29 PM
They make an offer

We accept it

They offer Allan higer wagers than sevco

Greedy footballer accepts it

Job done

Footballers don't think like normal football fans

See Maurice johnston

This is pretty much it. His head isn't in the right place because rangers probably used wage figures in their speel that blows hibs out the water.

It will be the money he wants more than leaving to be United with a specific club.

If Celtic or a championship club come in for him I think he would want to go and to be honest I wouldn't blame him. He is only human and it must be tempting.

JJP
25-07-2015, 09:30 PM
No bother. Maybe I over-egged it by a million or so but this is money that 5088 don't have anyway. They were looking at Lee Irwin long before Allan but backed slowly out of the room when it emerged that LUFC had offered him a three-year, £6k/wk deal.

Bear in mind, when 5088 launched in 2012, they were handing out four-year, £8k/wk deals to players like Shiels and Black. Boyd and Miller were costing 5088 a combined basic of £17k a week last season. Fantastic. They're still paying Sally £15k a week.

They've been pillaged by numerous people since 2012 because their fans were too stupid to heed warnings from Sheff Utd. fans (Sir Charles) and also made the mistake of taking a PR outift of ex-journos at their word when they described potless fantasist Whyte as a 'billionaire, wealth off the radar'.

Ashley has them stitched up like a kipper in terms of merchandise (which they are now boycotting, without realising they'll have to pay for it anyway) and all they have for income is their season ticket income.

That was a beautiful story. Thank you for that. Cheered me right up:greengrin

scoopyboy
25-07-2015, 09:38 PM

Ask Scott Brown.

Died in the wool hun who the Ibrox hoardes were convinced was signing for them only for him to go to Parkhead.

Mikey09
25-07-2015, 09:39 PM
I noticed Cummings having a few words with him during the game , 1 at the penalty and another after Allen done a run and passed to Jason

Cummings gave Allan a wee shoulder barge walking past him just before the players went in after the warm up. Now this could have been a bit of banter but this is what all this **** does to you... Makes you question everything!! Also Danny Wilson winding us up in the east stand pointing at Scott and then at his skanky The Rangers badge on his jersey... How professional Danny!! :rolleyes:

JJP
25-07-2015, 09:43 PM
I'd be surprised if the other players were angry at him for wanting to leave but maybe they don't like how he is going about it, who knows. Wish all our players could leave the way David Murphy or Steven Whittaker did but hey ho.

Mikey09
25-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Let me rephrase my title because some of you are not supporters. yes we are all entitled to our opinions but before the game today we were all in agreement it was vital SA stays with us. We dominated the first half hour of the game and then did our usual routine by gifting goals, resulting in loss of confidence yet again.
The biggest problem to start with today was leaving him on the bench, The Manager played right into their hands.
Remember they beat us in this micky mouse competition last year and we still finished above them.
Unfortunately SA will now leave the club and I dont think anyone will be surprised now.
Firstly Stubbs made a very poor decision to keep him on the bench, next it is pretty clear there is now ill feeling between the players and SA and when he reads some of the comments on here wanting him to go.
It is now in EVERY ONES interest to sell him to the highest bidder EXCEPT Sevco.
Finally yes we got a roasting today but thats not the first time and it wont be the last time but we do need harmony in the club and EVERYONE to pull together. Im afraid a defeat is hard to take but its harder to read some of the comments from some so called Hibees on here. We are entitled to our opinions but IMOP some so called supporters should be ashamed of themselves, my god its one game. :confused:

One way of harbouring a good harmonious atmosphere is to accuse some of not being supporters...:rolleyes:

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-07-2015, 09:54 PM
The more I think about how he's treating the club, the more I get angry at him. What an utterly ungrateful little prick. All we asked was that he played one more season then he was free to go and sign for whoever he wanted with our best wishes. He's 23 FFS. Whole career ahead of him. 12 months is nothing. Was only a fortnight ago he was saying he's never been happier in football and was happy to see out his contract.
Stubbs got his career back on track, we've helped him loads with his diabetes(first club to do that he claimed), gave him time to get up to speed last season, flew him home from Spain recently. No doubt other support as well. One season FFS. I'd now be delighted if the likes of Ipswich came in with anything near £800,000 for him. Hopefully be as successful as his last stint down south. There's a reason he's playing in the Scottish championship at 23 and it's not his ability. His attitude stinks

Del Boy
25-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Have to agree - he's a disrespectful prick. he's gone so far down in my estimation.

Don't give me 'there's no loyalty in football', most players wouldn't behave like this.

tamig
25-07-2015, 10:04 PM

They've been pillaged by numerous people since 2012 because their fans were too stupid to heed warnings from Sheff Utd. fans (Sir Charles) and also made the mistake of taking a PR outfit of ex-journos at their word when they described potless fantasist Whyte as a 'billionaire, wealth off the radar'.

Ashley has them stitched up like a kipper in terms of merchandise (which they are now boycotting, without realising they'll have to pay for it anyway) and all they have for working capital is their season ticket income.

Good stuff - and it appears the lying King may just be another charlatan. They missed a huge opportunity to rebuild from scratch but instead signed all these SPL players on grossly inflated contracts when they were in the third division. Good old Chucky G. I hope they're heading for anotherinsolvency event soon.

silverhibee
25-07-2015, 10:09 PM

They will make a final bid for him in the next 24 hours, I would expect it to come in tomorrow and then Rangers will leave it up to SA and his agent to engineer the move to them, things have just started and plenty more nonsense to come that will only create a bad atmosphere at EM and with the fans.

He wants to leave Hibs and move to the new club, there is no doubting that and he has made that clear to Hibs, Stubbs must be fuming with him.

Hibs can accept offers from other clubs for him but he will just turn these offers down and dig his heels in for the move along the M8, this will go down to the last minute of the window closing, if Hibs cave in and sell him without being able to replace him then all the good work LD & AS have done will go out that window when it slams shut.

matty_f
25-07-2015, 10:11 PM
The more I think about how he's treating the club, the more I get angry at him. What an utterly ungrateful little prick. All we asked was that he played one more season then he was free to go and sign for whoever he wanted with our best wishes. He's 23 FFS. Whole career ahead of him. 12 months is nothing. Was only a fortnight ago he was saying he's never been happier in football and was happy to see out his contract.
Stubbs got his career back on track, we've helped him loads with his diabetes(first club to do that he claimed), gave him time to get up to speed last season, flew him home from Spain recently. No doubt other support as well. One season FFS. I'd now be delighted if the likes of Ipswich came in with anything near £800,000 for him. Hopefully be as successful as his last stint down south. There's a reason he's playing in the Scottish championship at 23 and it's not his ability. His attitude stinks

What exactly has he done? There were other players getting hugs from The Rangers players today at full time, and actually there's a decent case to be made for it being a case of a bit of a magnanimous gesture from The Rangers players, they'll know that today won't have been easy for Scott Allan, add to that the fact that he's been on the end of a horrendous result...

As I said before, Scott Allan couldn't win today (result aside) whatever he did would have been over-analysed and criticised, if he'd made a point of clapping the home stands he'd have been saying goodbye, if he applauded the The Rangers fans he'd be whoring himself to them, if he did nothing he'd definitely be getting sold, if he's over-friendly with the The Rangers players he's disrespecting the Hibs fans...

He's just a young guy in a bad situation that's not been of his making. Maybe we should try cutting the guy a bit of slack until such a time as he actually does something worthy of our ire.

Jim44
25-07-2015, 10:11 PM
We keep rebuffing their offers and accept one from anyone else that offers an amount which is agreeable to Hibs.

I'm not saying that we will sell him to Sevco, but at this moment the only team he will go to is Sevco. If he goes there next season on a free he will get a big pay rise, have two or three years with his favoured team and a bigger move to an English club at a time that suits him. For me, player power can't dictate which team a player wants to go to but it definitely can dictate where a player doesn't want to go to.

matty_f
25-07-2015, 10:12 PM
They will make a final bid for him in the next 24 hours, I would expect it to come in tomorrow and then Rangers will leave it up to SA and his agent to engineer the move to them, things have just started and plenty more nonsense to come that will only create a bad atmosphere at EM and with the fans.

He wants to leave Hibs and move to the new club, there is no doubting that and he has made that clear to Hibs, Stubbs must be fuming with him.

Hibs can accept offers from other clubs for him but he will just turn these offers down and dig his heels in for the move along the M8, this will go down to the last minute of the window closing, if Hibs cave in and sell him without being able to replace him then all the good work LD & AS have done will go out that window when it slams shut.

How did Deeks' move to Celtc plan out? Can remember that being fairly messy as well.

marinello59
25-07-2015, 10:13 PM

I agree. So much for his gratitude towards Stubbs. If they offer us a decent price upfront them we should let him go. We can't have him hanging around like a bad smell.

silverhibee
25-07-2015, 10:16 PM
No point in paying him to sit in the stands. I'm sure the club would be happy to sell (NOT to Rangers) but are probably just saying he is not for sale to protect any bargaining position we have left.

Problem being is he only wants to go West to Castle Greyskull, he will just knock back any offers that come in for him from any other clubs, he wants to be the hero that gets them back in to the top league.

Danny Galbraith treatment for him (SA) on Monday morning.

magpie1892
Good stuff - and it appears the lying King may just be another charlatan. They missed a huge opportunity to rebuild from scratch but instead signed all these SPL players on grossly inflated contracts when they were in the third division. Good old Chucky G. I hope they're heading for anotherinsolvency event soon.

King as charlatan: likely
2nd insolvency: unlikely, though I think several hundred thousand people would #jizzintheirpants simultaneously if 5088 went mammaries up

5088 *****ed an incredible amount of money from 2012 onwards. Or rather, had it taken from them by 'billionaire' 'saviours' because they were too arrogant and too stupid to listen to other people. Why? because they are the peepul of course! Utter weapons, the lot of them.

silverhibee
He has played this game before.

And he won.

JJP
25-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Problem being is he only wants to go West to Castle Greyskull, he will just knock back any offers that come in for him from any other clubs, he wants to be the hero that gets them back in to the top league.

I don't buy that. I think this is a money issue. Look at his history with Peter Houston at Dundee United.

GreenCastle
25-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Why does it seem these transfer sagas seem to revolve around mostly Hibs.

I know Dundee Utd had a carry on with Cifti recently but can't remember the yams or the Dons having such drama with players leaving.

JJP
25-07-2015, 10:22 PM

I know Dundee Utd had a carry on with Cifti recently but can't remember the yams or the Dons having such drama with players leaving.

I was wondering this myself earlier. But maybe they haven't brought through enough young players that have had the demand?

silverhibee
25-07-2015, 10:24 PM
I would agree with that.

But will he go to anyone else, i don't think so, his mind is made up, it's now how him and his agent go about engineering the move to them.

truehibernian
25-07-2015, 10:25 PM

True but thought he did well today SH - **** him, I'd play him - footballers sulk, hey ho - he will knuckle down - until Celtic come in and woo him :greengrin:wink:

For the transfer saga today's result was terrible in the sense he'll now think Warburton's The Rangers are unstoppable.......he needs reminded that without him, for 45 minutes, we outplayed them and should have been 2 or 3 up........kamikaze defending saw us go in behind and lose impetus when the 3rd went in........jeez if Gray had timed it slightly better it was 5-3 with 20 to go :agree:

We made The Rangers look great today when really they weren't - we lost shape, composure and for the first game in ages, all our back 5 had mares........I'm sitting tonight thinking after 30 minutes we could and should have been 3-0 up - Cummings header for a start was woeful, Malonga's 'conversion' and Stanton afraid of his right foot......we could have been 4 to the good after 30 minutes bud........they scored at absolutely ideal times in a game of football. Their second winds us, their third deflates.......3 goals in 10 minutes either side of the half.

And, again, rose tinted here.......that will never be our starting 11 again........a third of the first team are out injured........no team/squad could handle that against arguably The Rangers first choice 11.

In typical Hibs fashion we will beat them 1-0 when we play them next, after hearing them all week say it's going to be a cricket score.

silverhibee
25-07-2015, 10:28 PM

Hibs can accept offers for him from other clubs, he can just turn them down and refuse to talk to any other clubs.

It's the only club he wants to move to at this point in his career.

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2015, 10:29 PM

Danny Galbraith treatment for him (SA) on Monday morning.He'd be far more loved here if he got us back up. Will be just another player they chew up and spit out.

Eyrie
25-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Hibs can accept offers for him from other clubs, he can just turn them down and refuse to talk to any other clubs.

Equally Hibs can refuse to sell to Sevco Huns, and Allan will have the choice of playing well for us or languishing in the stand.

H18 SFR
25-07-2015, 10:35 PM
It's really interesting reading all the different view points on here, I for one was against selling SA at all costs. Now I think we should sit tight until he officially requests a transfer which will save us money and sell him to anyone but the Rangers, so long Scotty boy, so long buddy! GIRUY ya Hun!

truehibernian
25-07-2015, 10:38 PM
But will he go to anyone else, i don't think so, his mind is made up, it's now how him and his agent go about engineering the move to them.

Scotland drew England today and are also in the mix for the Euros - I'll wager Celtic will come in, take him, and Scott Allan will be in a Scotland squad this year :agree:

He may want to go to The Rangers, indeed, but for a pro footballer who states his desire to play in England - a move to Celtic is a no brainer. Has to go there to progress to national team level.

He may see himself as a 'Scott Brown' - he hasn't the mettle of the ability of Brown (in the sense Brown has stayed in Scotland with Celtic and not been tempted down south).

I'll go for Celtic to enter the fray next week bud :aok::cb....maybe even wee Gordon talking about players on his radar in light of the draw

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-07-2015, 10:38 PM
What exactly has he done? There were other players getting hugs from The Rangers players today at full time, and actually there's a decent case to be made for it being a case of a bit of a magnanimous gesture from The Rangers players, they'll know that today won't have been easy for Scott Allan, add to that the fact that he's been on the end of a horrendous result...

As I said before, Scott Allan couldn't win today (result aside) whatever he did would have been over-analysed and criticised, if he'd made a point of clapping the home stands he'd have been saying goodbye, if he applauded the The Rangers fans he'd be whoring himself to them, if he did nothing he'd definitely be getting sold, if he's over-friendly with the The Rangers players he's disrespecting the Hibs fans...

He's just a young guy in a bad situation that's not been of his making. Maybe we should try cutting the guy a bit of slack until such a time as he actually does something worthy of our ire.

He's made it blatantly clear that he wants to leave us instead of seeing out 12 months of his contract. After us getting his career back on track and him committing to us a fortnight ago. He could make this all go away with a simple statement, however he doesn't want it to. We gave him a two year contract when no one else was interested and he's not got the decency to see it out. I'm not naive enough to expect him to stay with us beyond the year but to try and engineer this move away at this stage is totally disrespectful.
A simple clap to us at the end wouldn't have made me think it was a goodbye, it would just be normal practice for footballers at the end of a game. Particularly when fans have remained despite a hammering. It would have just been a show of respect, something he clearly lacks

DTS
25-07-2015, 10:39 PM
Along with the hugging at the end of the game, I was in the ground very early today this meant I seen the team coming out to warm up and the huns were already out, whilst everyone else started the warm up Scott Allan was down having a chat with kenny Miller at the half way line for a good 5 minutes

GreenCastle
25-07-2015, 10:39 PM
True but thought he did well today SH - **** him, I'd play him - footballers sulk, hey ho - he will knuckle down - until Celtic come in and woo him :greengrin:wink:

For the transfer saga today's result was terrible in the sense he'll now think Warburton's The Rangers are unstoppable.......he needs reminded that without him, for 45 minutes, we outplayed them and should have been 2 or 3 up........kamikaze defending saw us go in behind and lose impetus when the 3rd went in........jeez if Gray had timed it slightly better it was 5-3 with 20 to go :agree:

We made The Rangers look great today when really they weren't - we lost shape, composure and for the first game in ages, all our back 5 had mares........I'm sitting tonight thinking after 30 minutes we could and should have been 3-0 up - Cummings header for a start was woeful, Malonga's 'conversion' and Stanton afraid of his right foot......we could have been 4 to the good after 30 minutes bud........they scored at absolutely ideal times in a game of football. Their second winds us, their third deflates.......3 goals in 10 minutes either side of the half.

And, again, rose tinted here.......that will never be our starting 11 again........a third of the first team are out injured........no team/squad could handle that against arguably The Rangers first choice 11.

In typical Hibs fashion we will beat them 1-0 when we play them next, after hearing them all week say it's going to be a cricket score.

Good assessment of the game.

Missed chances when ahead - and losing goals straight before and after half time killed us today. Not to mention losing a goal after we got back into it. Deja vu of last season losing goals early 2nd half!

JJP
25-07-2015, 10:44 PM
Along with the hugging at the end of the game, I was in the ground very early today this meant I seen the team coming out to warm up and the huns were already out, whilst everyone else started the warm up Scott Allan was down having a chat with kenny Miller at the half way line for a good 5 minutes

Noticed after Kenny scored and he was making his way back to his own half, he stopped at SA, stood in position, hands on hips, and said something in his ear with a big grin on his face.

scoopyboy
25-07-2015, 10:45 PM

Silv, I normally regard myself as being financially prudent but in this saga I feel like cutting my nose off to spite my face.

If Hibs accept a fee for him from any other club apart from Sevco and he refuses to go then I would put him out the game for a year. From a Hibs point of view this makes no financial sense but right now I feel f*** it, it's worth it.

For a laddie that played first team football from an early age he has actually played very few games of football and I'm not so sure he would want to miss a full season at this stage of his career.

Rather than have him hang around East Mains I would put him on gardening leave and he can go and prune roses with McCoist and McDowall.

PS - I know this post makes no sense to most of you guys but its how I feel tonight, tomorrow I might feel better.

madhatter
25-07-2015, 10:47 PM
I personally hope he is gone as we can't afford to waste wages on a player who is not entirely committed to the club. Hope we spend the money we get on McGinn and others. We showed in first 30-35mins we can play decent stuff without him. We will gain nothing by having him in the stands. We'll get the normal "small" club selling crap as usual but I cannot honestly remember a time Aberdeen, Hearts, and up until this summer Dundee United had anybody that anybody was interested in.

If he won't fully commit to playing for us until the end of his contract then he has a short memory and should take a very close look at himself in the mirror - I doubt he will and instead will just view us as another club behind him (even though his career wasn't doing great until he came to us). If he does leave and forces Hibs to sell to Rangers then I won't be wishing him well and will boo him every time I see him on a pitch. If he leaves for Ipswich or otherwise I'll simply say "good luck" and not care where his career goes.

Wellbankhibby
25-07-2015, 10:53 PM
One way of harbouring a good harmonious atmosphere is to accuse some of not being supporters...:rolleyes:

Are you telling me that the people who have turned against SA are supporting him and the Club. The answer is NO. If we are honest it looks very likely that he wants a move. Sevco have engineered this and they wont bother if he gets to sign for them or not. They have achieved their aim by upsetting the harmony of everyone at ER. Did we turn against leigh griffiths when he kisses their badge, we know he is a Hibs man but he wouldnt think twice about scoring against us thats his job. Some of the people on this site should grow up. In my opinion we have no alternative now but to sell SA to any club other than Sevco. They started the mind games and have won already. NOBODY is bigger than HIBERNIAN F C.

truehibernian
25-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Noticed after Kenny scored and he was making his way back to his own half, he stopped at SA, stood in position, hands on hips, and said something in his ear with a big grin on his face.

Thought Kenny Miller was class today from a football and strikers point of view - exactly what I hope Keatings is. Knew where the goal was, works hard, fit as a fiddle........never loses his strikers instinct.........Cummings should watch Kenny's movement and positioning in games.......fed up seeing Jason drop deep and look for the ball continually (and play with head down).

And folk still think Kenny has lost it :faf:

silverhibee
25-07-2015, 10:54 PM
How did Deeks' move to Celtc plan out? Can remember that being fairly messy as well.

How many clubs did Derek turn down before he made the move to Celtc, Dereks move was nothing like this, the messy part was some clown had gave him a contract that finished in the middle of two transfer windows, after it was clear Derek and club couldn't agree terms he was seeing down his contract, something we would like to see SA doing, can't remember Derek causing as much fuss as this to get his move and he never disrespected Hibs by asking to leave at any point.

Derek gave Hibs 5 good years before he moved, SA has been here a year and is trying to engineer a move to the club he supports after us pulling him from the scrapheap and getting his career back on track.

Don't no why you brought Derek in to this anyway, this is more like how Thomson and Brown behaved to get there move, transfer requests, stories in the Record every other week how bad hibs were treating them, they would have been a better example for your point but i can't say my piece on this without your wee dig regards Derek, there move was a lot more messy than Derek's move was.

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-07-2015, 10:56 PM
Silv, I normally regard myself as being financially prudent but in this saga I feel like cutting my nose off to spite my face.

If Hibs accept a fee for him from any other club apart from Sevco and he refuses to go then I would put him out the game for a year. From a Hibs point of view this makes no financial sense but right now I feel f*** it, it's worth it.

For a laddie that played first team football from an early age he has actually played very few games of football and I'm not so sure he would want to miss a full season at this stage of his career.

Rather than have him hang around East Mains I would put him on gardening leave and he can go and prune roses with McCoist and McDowall.

PS - I know this post makes no sense to most of you guys but its how I feel tonight, tomorrow I might feel better.

Makes sense to me. I hear ya. Let him rot for a year if he wants to behave like this

matty_f
25-07-2015, 10:58 PM
How many clubs did Derek turn down before he made the move to Celtc, Dereks move was nothing like this, the messy part was some clown had gave him a contract that finished in the middle of two transfer windows, after it was clear Derek and club couldn't agree terms he was seeing down his contract, something we would like to see SA doing, can't remember Derek causing as much fuss as this to get his move and he never disrespected Hibs by asking to leave at any point.

Derek gave Hibs 5 good years before he moved, SA has been here a year and is trying to engineer a move to the club he supports after us pulling him from the scrapheap and getting his career back on track.

Don't no why you brought Derek in to this anyway, this is more like how Thomson and Brown behaved to get there move, transfer requests, stories in the Record every other week how bad hibs were treating them, they would have been a better example for your point but i can't say my piece on this without your wee dig regards Derek, there move was a lot more messy than Derek's move was.

It wasn't a dig :confused: I was just asking about it. I recalled they're being a situation where Derek wanted to go but there were issues with the fee.

Wellbankhibby
25-07-2015, 11:02 PM

100% Correct thats how I see it too.

hibsmad
25-07-2015, 11:06 PM

This is how I feel and I won't be changing my mind.

It seems clear he wants to move to them. We are in a two horse race for the title and he wants to jump ship. If this really is the case then **** him! His career was in pieces and we have helped him massively. I know there is very little loyalty in football but if Scott Allan is trying to engineer a move in these circumstances then he is taking the piss.

Billychaotic182
25-07-2015, 11:07 PM

Aberdeen have had it. Aluko, Ryan Frazer, Jack Grimmer, Frazer Fyive all come to mind

silverhibee
25-07-2015, 11:09 PM
I agree. So much for his gratitude towards Stubbs. If they offer us a decent price upfront them we should let him go. We can't have him hanging around like a bad smell.

I also feel so sorry for Stubbs in this matter, he has constantly made it clear SA won't be going to the huns and he genuinely means it, he has a dislike for Rangers from his time playing at Celtc, but deep down he knows the Old Firm get there own way 99% of the time and he will know how this will all pan out. Not in Hibs favour.

The_Horde
25-07-2015, 11:14 PM
If he's causing problems at hibs then get him to ****. To the Huns or anyone else. As long as the right fee is involved. Don't think they have the money though.

The Leith Dutch
25-07-2015, 11:15 PM

Couldn't have summed up how I feel better mate.

QMU-1875
25-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Am I the only person who is failing to see what SA done after the game? He hugged his best mate and put the photo on Instagram, so what. He looked fully committed for me during the match. Think people are hurting at the result and need to have a think about the crap they are posting.

silverhibee
25-07-2015, 11:19 PM
I don't buy that. I think this is a money issue. Look at his history with Peter Houston at Dundee United.

He gets his move to them, very good pay rise comes with it, his missus has just had a baby and will want to be settled here for a few years, just say he signs a 3 year contract with them, he helps them get promotion and becomes a hero with the club he supports, he hopefully has a good season in the SPL and The Rangers sell him after his 2nd season and make a good profit and he moves down South to make even more big bucks, so yeah it's a money issue and if he goes to them that will see a big rise in wages from what Hibs are paying him just now.

matty_f
25-07-2015, 11:22 PM
Am I the only person who is failing to see what SA done after the game? He hugged his best mate and put the photo on Instagram, so what. He looked fully committed for me during the match. Think people are hurting at the result and need to have a think about the crap they are posting.

No, it's not just you.

Hibby D
25-07-2015, 11:28 PM

It's what he didn't do that's the problem. He showed no respect whatsoever to the fans today and wasn't fully committed to the game (his lack of effort off the ball was pitiful).

No you're not alone in failing to notice that; I've read half a dozen comments from people who share your view, but many, many more who don't.

Just because some don't share your opinion doesn't mean what they're posting is crap!

Scott Allan should never have been in the squad today :no way:

scoopyboy
25-07-2015, 11:29 PM

He hugged every one of the f****** though, that's what is annoying many people.

Andy Halliday I can understand but all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QMU-1875
25-07-2015, 11:32 PM
Didn't notice him hugging all of them, if true that seems pretty ridiculous.

DTS
25-07-2015, 11:32 PM
It's what he didn't do that's the problem. He showed no respect whatsoever to the fans today and wasn't fully committed to the game (his lack of effort off the ball was pitiful).

No you're not alone in failing to notice that; I've read half a dozen comments from people who share your view, but many, many more who don't.
Just because some don't share your opinion doesn't mean what they're posting is crap!

His lack of effort off the ball today was the exact same as his lack of effort for all of last season, the difference being last season he was the best thing since sliced bread and could do no wrong whereas today a lot of our own fans were looking for a reason for him to leave

Ronniekirk
25-07-2015, 11:40 PM
He gets his move to them, very good pay rise comes with it, his missus has just had a baby and will want to be settled here for a few years, just say he signs a 3 year contract with them, he helps them get promotion and becomes a hero with the club he supports, he hopefully has a good season in the SPL and The Rangers sell him after his 2nd season and make a good profit and he moves down South to make even more big bucks, so yeah it's a money issue and if he goes to them that will see a big rise in wages from what Hibs are paying him just now.

And that's why we are reluctant to sell him to them on the cheap ,as they will rake in the big transfer fee So if he goes to them for buttons now it could only be with a big percentage of any future cut in his next transfer.but
there is the rub ,as we would need money now to replace him .

But I totally agree with you Silver, he isn't going anywhere else ,as he does now have his heart set on a move to ibrox and think that's hurting Stubbs

hibee_girl
25-07-2015, 11:43 PM

To be fair to him his lack of effort off the ball is nothing new, he always strolls about like a petulant child when he's not got the ball!

Forza Fred
25-07-2015, 11:48 PM
To be fair to him his lack of effort off the ball is nothing new, he always strolls about like a petulant child when he's not got the ball!

I thought he played well when he came on and even crunched into the odd tackle...or got crunched.

He doesn't pick the team, so I won't even attempt to explain what to me was 'two bob each way' decision to start him on the bench.

Why he did not commence the game I do not know.

Zazu62
25-07-2015, 11:51 PM
The rangers have played an absolute blinder here whether he goes or not. The way I feel at the moment I couldn't actually care less about Scott Allan.

Hibernia&Alba
26-07-2015, 12:26 AM
The rangers have played an absolute blinder here whether he goes or not. The way I feel at the moment I couldn't actually care less about Scott Allan.

They've certainly done the usual OF trick of getting inside a player's head and causing maximum disruption. We don't know what's being said behind the scenes, but thus far der hun must be pleased with their work.

truehibernian
26-07-2015, 12:51 AM

The other half of the Old Firm have yet to play their hand in the media...........stay poised :aok:

Beefster
26-07-2015, 06:03 AM
Allan will probably go now and it's probably for the best seeing as some of us seem to be about to resort to rifling through his bin to see if he's been practicing his autograph on The Rangers note paper. In the meantime, folk need to stop looking for **** that isn't really there.

However, after all the statements in the media from Stubbs and Dempster, I'd be gobsmacked if we sell him to Rangers, even at the the right price. It would just piss off far too many supporters, including myself.

Springbank
26-07-2015, 06:18 AM
Allan will probably go now and it's probably for the best seeing as some of us seem to be about to resort to rifling through his bin to see if he's been practicing his autograph on The Rangers note paper. In the meantime, folk need to stop looking for **** that isn't really there.

However, after all the statements in the media from Stubbs and Dempster, I'd be gobsmacked if we sell him to Rangers, even at the the right price. It would just piss off far too many supporters, including myself.

Hibs hold all the aces here

Scott Allan will be winning the league this year..with Hibs

JimBHibees
26-07-2015, 07:16 AM

Agree totally didn't think he did anything wrong and was more committed in the tackle than some players. People looking for made up reasons to have a go which will only help Rangers.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2015, 07:41 AM
For me it's nothing to do with what he did or didn't do yesterday that confirms he wants to leave.

If the EEN are reporting it then I'm inclined to believe it. Yes I know it's a crap paper etc etc but when it comes to , negative, stories about Hibs and Hearts then they have to be very careful. They have excellent contacts and access at both clubs and would be loathe to lose that. Whilst the tabaloid sports hacks can be accused of a bit mischief making, I'm pretty sure the News will have a decent source for their story.

high bee
26-07-2015, 07:44 AM
He hugged every one of the f****** though, that's what is annoying many people.

Andy Halliday I can understand but all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If my best mate had just hammered me at squash, golf, 5-a-side then I wouldn't be hugging him. It would be a hand shake and I'd be off. This isn't a cross examination of the guy, it's not looking at every detail of his body language etc, it's just not the way people react given the manner of the defeat and the opposition.

high bee
26-07-2015, 07:49 AM
Hibs hold all the aces here

Scott Allan will be winning the league this year..with Hibs

We can dictate whether he goes or not but he may disrupt the atmosphere at the club and AS and LD may feel they can't sell due to the potential fan backlash and the promise not to sell. Granted it has been a mix of we won't sell to them and he is not for sale so I suppose they have left the door open for him to move on elsewhere.

People keep saying he will turn down other clubs to go to the Rangers but it's always been his ambition to back south so if an offer comes in from an English Championship club then I would imagine he go, unless he does t want to move his young family now.

Since90+2
26-07-2015, 07:50 AM

Sorry but unless you know Scott Allan personally there is no way you can know that.

If a top end Championship club came in for him (for instance QPR or Fulham) and offered him a huge pay rise I would expect him to be away asap.

Jim44
26-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Sorry but unless you know Scott Allan personally there is no way you can know that.

If a top end Championship club came in for him (for instance QPR or Fulham) and offered him a huge pay rise I would expect him to be away asap.

I was also of the same opinion, but I think your view is probably correct. He is likely to accept a good move to England but I think Sevco are the only Scottish club with a chance ( not much) of getting him.

Onion
26-07-2015, 08:12 AM

Agree, it's got so bad that SA is probably a toxic asset now. Hibs insistence that he's a key player for the season is just daft. If he stays, there'll be constant media pressure and speculation, suggestion that "Gers" will get their man for £50k in January once he's signed a pre-contract. The Huns and their fans will then talk openly about Allan and how he's a Rangers man blah blah. No player can perform under those conditions and it will completely undermine our season, dressing room and promo campaign. Unless another bigger team comes in for SA, this will just go on and on until we're forced to sell him to Sevco in January. Hibs whole season is in danger of being scuppered, not on the field of play but by Sevco PR machine. And I'm sure Alan Stubbs isn't enjoying this either.

Hearts were an unknown quantity last season and didn't have to deal with this. Before that they had Mad Vlad and his money to keep predators away. Hibs are weak and exposed.

Jim44
26-07-2015, 08:30 AM
They've certainly done the usual OF trick of getting inside a player's head and causing maximum disruption. We don't know what's being said behind the scenes, but thus far der hun must be pleased with their work.

There's no doubting their underhand tactics but the puzzling thing for me is that our players had forgotten the script for the first thirty two minutes and were all over them before falling to pieces and surrendering to them.

26-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Are you telling me that the people who have turned against SA are supporting him and the Club. The answer is NO. If we are honest it looks very likely that he wants a move. Sevco have engineered this and they wont bother if he gets to sign for them or not. They have achieved their aim by upsetting the harmony of everyone at ER. Did we turn against leigh griffiths when he kisses their badge, we know he is a Hibs man but he wouldnt think twice about scoring against us thats his job. Some of the people on this site should grow up. In my opinion we have no alternative now but to sell SA to any club other than Sevco. They started the mind games and have won already. NOBODY is bigger than HIBERNIAN F C.

Exactly. Sevco know what they are doing here. Mind games and bully tactics.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-07-2015, 09:10 AM
He wants to go to rangers so get him to ****

magpie1892
26-07-2015, 09:22 AM
He wants to go to rangers so get him to ****

Sell him, yes, but not to them. AS and LD have too much invested in this to let him go to greyskull. The damage this would do the club, the fans and the credibility of AS and LD would be catastrophic. The club is only just beginning to regain the trust of the fans and this would be wiped out at a stroke.

Honestly believe that if he won't buckle down then stick him in the stands for the rest of the season.

jacomo
26-07-2015, 09:33 AM

And they seem to work a treat, given how many Hibs fans are responding exactly as Sevco want - magnify any hint of disloyalty, turn on SA and force him out the door.

Have a bit more resolve, people!

jacomo
26-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Sell him, yes, but not to them. AS and LD have too much invested in this to let him go to greyskull. The damage this would do the club, the fans and the credibility of AS and LD would be catastrophic. The club is only just beginning to regain the trust of the fans and this would be wiped out at a stroke.

Honestly believe that if he won't buckle down then stick him in the stands for the rest of the season.

It wouldn't come to that.

He might well not be in the right frame of mind to play for Hibs right now, but I am sure he would buckle down and get back in the team after a few weeks.

He's ambitious and his career seems very important to him. I think that would trump everything else.

magpie1892
26-07-2015, 10:04 AM
It wouldn't come to that.

He might well not be in the right frame of mind to play for Hibs right now, but I am sure he would buckle down and get back in the team after a few weeks.

He's ambitious and his career seems very important to him. I think that would trump everything else.

I very much want you to be right. But I fear you're wrong.

Hibernia&Alba
26-07-2015, 10:10 AM
And they seem to work a treat, given how many Hibs fans are responding exactly as Sevco want - magnify any hint of disloyalty, turn on SA and force him out the door.

Agreed. We should be supporting him for as long as he's a Hibs player. If he wants to go, fair enough, but he goes on our terms. We've lost better players than Allan to the OF before now, though of course he'd be a big loss. I don't begrudge him the chance to play for the club he supports and to earn a big pay rise into the bargain, but he should honour his contract now Hibs have said he won't be sold to Rangers. He can join them next season if he wishes.

emerald green
26-07-2015, 10:15 AM

As far as I've read to date, this is the case. He only wants to go to his "boyhood favourites" - the newco as they now are.

I've also read that Scott Allan's wife recently gave birth to their first child. Might this be an important factor in the fact that neither he or his wife want to uproot themselves with such a young child and move down to England (Ipswich Town has been touted around - no idea if there's any substance to that rumour) and possibly lose the support of family around them?

I hope I've not said anything out of turn here. I'm just surmising this might be a good reason why Allan wants to move to Ibrox, and nowhere else at the moment. That might come later down the line.

Leithenhibby
26-07-2015, 10:18 AM

:agree:

We ALL, need to step back and think this one through! Let's not play into their hands, after all it's what they want. :wink:

Since90+2
26-07-2015, 10:25 AM
As far as I've read to date, this is the case. He only wants to go to his "boyhood favourites" - the newco as they now are.

I've also read that Scott Allan's wife recently gave birth to their first child. Might this be an important factor in the fact that neither he or his wife want to uproot themselves with such a young child and move down to England (Ipswich Town has been touted around - no idea if there's any substance to that rumour) and possibly lose the support of family around them?

I hope I've not said anything out of turn here. I'm just surmising this might be a good reason why Allan wants to move to Ibrox, and nowhere else at the moment. That might come later down the line.

Unless people on here know Scott Allan personally there is no way of knowing if that is the case or not.

My guess is a club in England who can give him a decent platform to play and also set him and his new family up for life financially would tempt him.

emerald green
26-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Unless people on here know Scott Allan personally there is no way of knowing if that is the case or not.

My guess is a club in England who can give him a decent platform to play and also set him and his new family up for life financially would tempt him.

I agree. I don't know Scott Allan, that's why I said I was surmising. I was just putting it up for discussion.

I note you are guessing too. One of us could be right, and then again we could both be slavering a load of p***. :greengrin

chrisski33
26-07-2015, 10:37 AM
looks like hhis agent has started to stir things up now according to the bbc and mail

"Rangers target Scott Allan is now "at war" with Hibernian, with the player's representatives claiming the Easter Road are reneging on a verbal agreement that would allow him to move to "a bigger club" in the event of a bid. (Sunday Mail)"

Pretty Boy
26-07-2015, 10:38 AM
looks like hhis agent has started to stir things up now according to the bbc and mail

"Rangers target Scott Allan is now "at war" with Hibernian, with the player's representatives claiming the Easter Road are reneging on a verbal agreement that would allow him to move to "a bigger club" in the event of a bid. (Sunday Mail)"

And I'm sure Allan is well aware of the game his agent is playing as well.

Poor stuff indeed.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2015, 10:39 AM
I'm personally not bothered if he leaves now, even if it was for sevco. He's a good player but not irreplaceable, and going by yesterday sevco will win the league and we are fighting for a play off place.

Getting a team that's capable of winning the play offs is probably our aim, some may call it defeatism but we need to get promoted and this time the money we get from his transfer MUST be invested properly, and we must bring in quality to replace him.

J-C
26-07-2015, 10:40 AM

Are Ranger now a bigger club, support maybe but we were the team in 2nd place and got to a Scottish cup semi, if this is what's coming out now, stick him with the kids and let him rot for a season.

hibsmad
26-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Seemed obvious to me yesterday after he started on the bench that he wanted to go. If this is what his agent is now coming out with then surely even those giving him the benefit of the doubt will change their views.

The guy wants to leave and go to our only rivals. Hopefully sell him to someone else but otherwise let him rot!!!

magpie1892
26-07-2015, 10:49 AM

Sadly his written contract trumps any 'verbal agreement'.

Allant1981
26-07-2015, 11:01 AM

Im pretty sure if this was the case it would have been reported before now

crewetollhibee
26-07-2015, 11:06 AM

Can't be that great an agent can he, if a verbal agreement is all that's in place.

magpie1892
26-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Im pretty sure if this was the case it would have been reported before now

Yeah, they're just making it up as they go along now.

magpie1892
26-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Can't be that great an agent can he, if a verbal agreement is all that's in place.

You'd have thought they'd have got that in writing - like the two-year contract Allan signed last year.

Leith Green
26-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Are Ranger now a bigger club, support maybe but we were the team in 2nd place and got to a Scottish cup semi, if this is what's coming out now, stick him with the kids and let him rot for a season.

Lets be honest here, of course they are a bigger club.. To suggest otherwise is just plain stupid, as is this obsession with them being or not being a new or old Rangers.. Who give a toss wether they are or aren't.. We should be 100 per cent focused on the highly embarrassing state that we are in and have been gradually falling towards for the best part of 8 years..

hibees 7062
26-07-2015, 11:22 AM

If hertz are bigger they must be huge

ALF TUPPER
26-07-2015, 11:28 AM

Yeah, his nasty wee agent is mixing it up the background.
I guess when a "bigger" Club comes along we can consider an offer. Hasn't happened yet.

#GGTTH

RedHibby
26-07-2015, 11:29 AM
I just read an article where he said he has a verbal agreement that if a bigger club comes for him we would let him go.

Hibby D
26-07-2015, 11:30 AM

Ironically that's exactly the advice I'd give to SA in relation to his current employers; something that appears to be sadly lacking

But I take your point. I think most of us are simply gearing ourselves up for the ultimate disappointment of knowing definitively that he doesn't want to be a Hibs player anymore.

SaulGoodman
26-07-2015, 11:31 AM
I just read an article where he said he has a verbal agreement that if a bigger club comes for him we would let him go.

Might seem nasty but "verbal agreements" don't stand for ****.

Oh well, Scotty.

Scooter
26-07-2015, 11:38 AM
Define "bigger club" a clubs that's 3 years old and finished 3rd the championship last year for me wouldn't be a "bigger club"

Chibs
26-07-2015, 11:43 AM

Best post on this thread.:aok:

J-C
26-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Lets be honest here, of course they are a bigger club.. To suggest otherwise is just plain stupid, as is this obsession with them being or not being a new or old Rangers.. Who give a toss wether they are or aren't.. We should be 100 per cent focused on the highly embarrassing state that we are in and have been gradually falling towards for the best part of 8 years..

Look at my post I said they were bigger re crowds etc but in reality they are not a bigger club. They are now where we are vying for similar players from lower English leagues and the odd Scottish player coming back with his tail between his legs after it went tits up down south. Keirnan-Fontaine...Waghorn-Farid...Holt-Fyvie, all very similar apart from the wages being offered.

Spudster
26-07-2015, 11:52 AM

If it's merely a verbal agreement that would suggest his agent hasn't done his job properly by making a contractual release clause.

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-07-2015, 11:56 AM

"Rangers target Scott Allan is now "at war" with Hibernian, with the player's representatives claiming the Easter Road are reneging on a verbal agreement that would allow him to move to "a bigger club" in the event of a bid. (Sunday Mail)"Pretty sure Scott Allan was in the papers saying he wanted to see out the remaining year of his contract recently, before the Huns came calling, Is that not a verbal agreement with Hibs and the fans?

Ozyhibby
26-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Pretty sure Scott Allan was in the papers saying he wanted to see out the remaining year of his contract recently, before the Huns came calling, Is that not a verbal agreement with Hibs and the fans?

We don't need a verbal agreement. We have a written one. :-)

Forza Fred
26-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Ironically that's exactly the advice I'd give to SA in relation to his current employers; something that appears to be sadly lacking

But I take your point. I think most of us are simply gearing ourselves up for the ultimate disappointment of knowing definitively that he doesn't want to be a Hibs player anymore.

I have no doubt whatsoever that he wants to be elsewhere, but I don't understand why we think it is some kind of mortal sin that this could be the case.

Scott Allan hasn't been, isn't and won't be the only player who wishes he was playing elsewhere, and most clubs are aware that they have players of that ilk in their ranks.

What they do though is not make the situation unmanageable by responding almost day to day in TV series fashion to every claim and counter claim.

We have a lot yo learn when it comes to managing the press.

Forza Fred
26-07-2015, 12:00 PM

I have no doubt whatsoever that he wants to be elsewhere, but I don't understand why we think it is some kind of mortal sin that this could be the case.

Scott Allan hasn't been, isn't and won't be the only player who wishes he was playing elsewhere, and most clubs are aware that they have players of that ilk in their ranks.

What they do though is not make the situation unmanageable by responding almost day to day in TV series fashion to every claim and counter claim.

We have a lot to learn when it comes to managing the press.

Deansy
26-07-2015, 12:03 PM

Yup, great advert for an agent - 'Stick with me kid, I'll get you a verbal agreement that's NOT written into the contract' ..........

jdships
26-07-2015, 12:05 PM
I'm personally not bothered if he leaves now, even if it was for sevco. He's a good player but not irreplaceable, and going by yesterday sevco will win the league and we are fighting for a play off place.

Getting a team that's capable of winning the play offs is probably our aim, some may call it defeatism but we need to get promoted and this time the money we get from his transfer MUST be invested properly, and we must bring in quality to replace him.

That's the stage I am at also
As a young pro player was always told " The club is bigger than the individual and never forget it !!"

Onion
26-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Verbal agreement stuff is just more pish from the mischief-making media. They're making this stuff up as they go along, after all the previous campaigns they probably have a route map for how extract players away from reluctant clubs to the OF.

The key move will be if/when SA submits a formal transfer request. If he does that on the back of a pathetic bid by The Rangers, then he deserves zero respect and support from Hibs fans. SA knows the score. He knows and understands exactly why Hibs are reluctant to sell him to Sevco, as it will effectively hand Sevco the title.

mmmmhibby
26-07-2015, 12:17 PM
the longer this saga goes on regarding SA, the more I want rid of him from our club.

oneone73
26-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Verbal agreement stuff is just more pish from the mischief-making media. They're making this stuff up as they go along, after all the previous campaigns they probably have a route map for how extract players away from reluctant clubs to the OF.

The key move will be if/when SA submits a formal transfer request. If he does that on the back of a pathetic bid by The Rangers, then he deserves zero respect and support from Hibs fans. SA knows the score. He knows and understands exactly why Hibs are reluctant to sell him to Sevco, as it will effectively hand Sevco the title.

He also forfeits his right to a cut.Which is why he probably won't do it.

Leith Green
26-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Look at my post I said they were bigger re crowds etc but in reality they are not a bigger club. They are now where we are vying for similar players from lower English leagues and the odd Scottish player coming back with his tail between his legs after it went tits up down south. Keirnan-Fontaine...Waghorn-Farid...Holt-Fyvie, all very similar apart from the wages being offered.

But in reality they are a far bigger club. To deny that is just being stupid

Leithenhibby
26-07-2015, 12:31 PM

It works both ways.... :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri1EZZWJCcE

scoopyboy
26-07-2015, 12:35 PM
We don't need a verbal agreement. We have a written one. :-)

Top post ozy, best I've read today.

If I was AS I would be telling SA that he really needs to change his agent as verbal counts for brussel sprout.

Knowing us though we will admit to the verbal agreement.

H18S NX
26-07-2015, 12:39 PM

If I was AS I would be telling SA that he really needs to change his agent as verbal counts for brussel sprout.

Knowing us though we will admit to the verbal agreement. that is what i fear.

Danderhall Hibs
26-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Does everyone still believe the agent drives a deal without consent of the player?

I think it's crazy to think that they've not given consent for the agent to take the heat and chase the pound for them.

Broken Gnome
26-07-2015, 12:44 PM
But in reality they are a far bigger club. To deny that is just being stupid

Surely in the circumstances they are the most obvious exception to this or any other rule.

I'd count Hamilton as a bigger club given Rangers are our biggest rivals.

26-07-2015, 12:48 PM
A bit disappointed in Allan if its true that hes asking to leave. Hibs and Stubbs in particular revived his career and helped him become a good and highly recognised player again. He came out and says he wanted to rpay the club by seeing out the last year of his contract and helping us get back to the SPL and now he's angling for a move to our closest league rivals after a couple of patheticly low offers from sevco.

GreenLake
26-07-2015, 12:50 PM
There is an unspoken agreement between all players and clubs around the planet that players will not be sold to their closest rivals.

The agent of Scott Allan knows this - although appears to know very little else - especially about good football career planning for his clients.

26-07-2015, 12:58 PM
There is an unspoken agreement between all players and clubs around the planet that players will not be sold to their closest rivals.

The agent of Scott Allan knows this - although appears to know very little else - especially about good football career planning for his clients.

Agents don't give a monkeys about whats best for their clients career and football development, they have one priority and thats to make as much money out of them as possible. Greed is far too rife in football these days.

Squealing pig
26-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Is it no Thursday yet

Leith Green
26-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Surely in the circumstances they are the most obvious exception to this or any other rule.

I'd count Hamilton as a bigger club given Rangers are our biggest rivals.

Listen they are the most vile and disgusting football club in the planet, thats not even debatable... I absolutly detest them and everything they stand for. They are however a far bigger club than Hibs, always have been and always will be.. And for the people who seem obsessed with them not being the same club before they were wound up then fair doos, but going by that logic the Hibernian that exist now were formed in 1892 and didnt win the scottish cup in 1887?? People need a reality check ...

green day
26-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Interesting to see what happens if we get one or two of these potential midfielders in.

Gives us more options and possibilities if we need to leave SA out/benched/faux injured.

Still think our full squad without SA is good enough to take points almost every game in this division.

As has been said before, league won't be won/lost against huns, will be games against all others that should decide the league.

cabbageandribs1875
26-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Does everyone still believe the agent drives a deal without consent of the player?

I think it's crazy to think that they've not given consent for the agent to take the heat and chase the pound for them.

incredibly i think there are a few on here that do, the player will also give the agent carte blanche to get the media help as well :agree: next up will be that his poor wife is having to go look for a couple of part time jobs to help feed his new born wean

jacomo
26-07-2015, 01:29 PM

Sorry to say, but this is nonsense.

You're not bothered if one of our best players moves to the team standing between us and automatic promotion? I am.

Sevco WANT you to boo Allan. They WANT you to tell him to GTF. They've turned the lads head and now they'd love some Hibs fans to give him abuse so that he is even more keen to move.

We need to stop playing their game.

IFONLY
26-07-2015, 01:32 PM
Is it no Thursday yet

Why??????

J-C
26-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Why??????

Pension day.

Broken Gnome
26-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Listen they are the most vile and disgusting football club in the planet, thats not even debatable... I absolutly detest them and everything they stand for. They are however a far bigger club than Hibs, always have been and always will be.. And for the people who seem obsessed with them not being the same club before they were wound up then fair doos, but going by that logic the Hibernian that exist now were formed in 1892 and didnt win the scottish cup in 1887?? People need a reality check ...

Course they are. But I cannot for the life of me see how anyone involved, no matter what their interests are, would fail to realise that moving from Hibs to Rangers in this situation is unacceptable. It just can't happen, and surely Allan can't be that surprised that Hibs would be so opposed to it.

SaulGoodman
26-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Why??????

I like Thursday. It's underrated as a day.

Like you've got your Friday's that everyone talks about, and Saturday and Sunday of course, but I feel Thursday is often overlooked as a weekday. I like finishing work on Thursday and knowing I've got 1 half day left until the weekend.

Whereas when you get to Friday the weekends already here and you wonder why the weeks are just flying in.

26-07-2015, 01:46 PM

You're not bothered if one of our best players moves to the team standing between us and automatic promotion? I am.

Sevco WANT you to boo Allan. They WANT you to tell him to GTF. They've turned the lads head and now they'd love some Hibs fans to give him abuse so that he is even more keen to move.

I agree. They are trying to unsettle the club including the fans as well as unsettle the player. The longer this drags out the better for them. It's already caused a bit of a disruption in our season preperations, we could have very much done without all this. As I said, rangers know what their up to here, get the press swarm circulating and stirring nonsense, distract the player, cause fans to get restless and throw hibs into unwanted spot light.

GreenLake
26-07-2015, 02:08 PM
I agree. They are trying to unsettle the club including the fans as well as unsettle the player. The longer this drags out the better for them. It's already caused a bit of a disruption in our season preperations, we could have very much done without all this. As I said, rangers know what their up to here, get the press swarm circulating and stirring nonsense, distract the player, cause fans to get restless and throw hibs into unwanted spot light.

Without spending any money, they have damaged our team. They have no intention of signing him and will not do so if promoted.

This is a cheap psyop from a nasty old power with friends in the media and they probably think it's "mission accomplished".

We should call their bluff and offer him for £500,000. They will choke.

Lago
26-07-2015, 02:08 PM
the longer this saga goes on regarding SA, the more I want rid of him from our club.
And that is exactly what this is all about. The player becomes distruptive, makes noises about going, the other club make crap bid after crap bid and eventually player gets his way. Happens all the time and SA hasplayed this game before.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2015, 02:13 PM
And that is exactly what this is all about. The player becomes distruptive, makes noises about going, the other club make crap bid after crap bid and eventually player gets his way. Happens all the time and SA hasplayed this game before.

Yep.

I've said elsewhere people are being very naive if they don't think Rangers and Allans agent don't already have their side of the deal worked out. Allans agent is working on behalf of the player.

The stuff about the verbal agreement has come from the agent, almost certainly, is he doing that without Allans knowledge?

Ronniekirk
26-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Course they are. But I cannot for the life of me see how anyone involved, no matter what their interests are, would fail to realise that moving from Hibs to Rangers in this situation is unacceptable. It just can't happen, and surely Allan can't be that surprised that Hibs would be so opposed to it.

Allan is fully aware of the situation What people need to get thier heads round is that the pendulum has swung so far that he now believes a move to rangers is right for him and his family ,will earn him more money ,will reunite him with his best friend both playing for the club they support and who knows possibility win inning the championship and playing in front of big crowds every week A move down south will follow if he is successfully there ?
He will now have rangers players telling him how wanted he is and that hibs are in the wrong They his agent and any other ibrox worthy will be trying to persuade him that he now is the key to this move and that to get it he has to hand in his transfer request either before or after rangers next offer arrives and the media circus will continue
Hopefully the club and Stubbs will have met with him today and laid out thier position again So if he puts in a Transfer request we know he is then forcing the issue and thier has to be an impact on squad morale
There is no guarantee that keeping Scotty would win us the league It probably hampers our chances and we could then be in the play offs ,but we will never know for sure that keeping him wins us the leaugue
I keep saying it we are backing ourselves into a corner and we are now having to ride out the storm .

if he wasn't going to hand in a transfer request it would be very easy to allow hibs to put out a media statement to that effect
I am not saying he will go to rangers or that he should ,but I can put myself in his shoes and see why he wants to and to date everything I hear tells me he wants to ,it's just a question of how hard he will push before accepting Hibs decision he can't
If no other bidders are coming to the table ,he has then backed himself into a corner it's a move to Rangers or stay put
Thier is then a huge chasm between player team mates and management .

so it needs sorted early this week

SteveHFC
26-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Couldn't give a **** if he goes now. If he wants to go he can but not to them.

givescotlandfreedom
26-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Allan needs to grow up. He's not going to sevco this season and if they cared that much about him they could have challenged to sign him when he did. He's a thick pawn in a dirty game from the new huns.

Lago
26-07-2015, 02:44 PM
Yep.

I've said elsewhere people are being very naive if they don't think Rangers and Allans agent don't already have their side of the deal worked out. Allans agent is working on behalf of the player.

The stuff about the verbal agreement has come from the agent, almost certainly, is he doing that without Allans knowledge?
True, and all designed to piss off the hibs support to the point where they turn on him and he can claim to being chased out of ER.

Keith_M
26-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Sevco WANT you to boo Allan. .....

Allan would need really good hearing to know that BH is booing him.

Barney McGrew
26-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Their tactics have worked a treat, going by the number of people now saying they're not that bothered now if he goes.

Its now playing out exactly as The Huns will have wanted.

Next step will be to start becoming a problem at training or alienate himself from the rest of the players.

Broken Gnome
26-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Their tactics have worked a treat, going by the number of people now saying they're not that bothered now if he goes.

Next step will be to start becoming a problem at training or alienate himself from the rest of the players.

Not disagreeing with you, but that doesn't really say much for us as a support does it.

The_Horde
26-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Couldn't give a ***** if people are spitting the dummy out, he's no going to the huns. I'd rather he rotted in the reserves for a season

Lago
26-07-2015, 02:52 PM

Correct, and the whole situation is being exasperated by the fact that for 3 to 4 weeks new players have been promised and haven't come on board, rather the reverse Paul Watson to Falkirk, Keith Watson, who knows, plus all the injuries fans are frustrated and who can blame them.

bill the hibby
26-07-2015, 02:54 PM
After being there yesterday and watching that, I think we have more problems beyond the allan transfer saga

We were beaten all over the pitch.

The_Horde
26-07-2015, 02:56 PM
After being there yesterday and watching that, I think we have more problems beyond the allan transfer saga

With a 17 year old in midfield, an 18 year old up front and other players in there who probably won't be definite first team players.

Simmer down, it was a glorified pre season match.

IrnBru22
26-07-2015, 02:56 PM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gE8T12-ZfW4 (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gE8T12-ZfW4)

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Correct, and the whole situation is being exasperated by the fact that for 3 to 4 weeks new players have been promised and haven't come on board, rather the reverse Paul Watson to Falkirk, Keith Watson, who knows, plus all the injuries fans are frustrated and who can blame them.

Paul Watson not good enough, Keith Watson injury prone, any others you want to quote?

bill the hibby
26-07-2015, 03:01 PM
With a 17 year old in midfield, an 18 year old up front and other players in there who probably won't be definite first team players.

Yea I was meaning quality in squad depth.

Regardless what kind of match it is, a friendly, competitive game...6-2 at home is unacceptable at any level especially to a team that can only be described as half decent

And let me put this to you, half way through the season we have a number of first team injuries, these players who played yesterday have to be used, would getting humped 6-2 from rangers be okay again because they aren't first team regulars?

The_Horde
26-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Yea I was meaning quality in squad depth.

Regardless what kind of match it is, a friendly, competitive game...6-2 at home is unacceptable at any level especially to a team that can only be described as half decent

Don't kid yourself on, rangers have added some good players to that squad. Guys like Andy Halliday, Waghorn etc are more than half decent. Freak result yesterday that flattered them, it's not going to define our season.

The_Horde
26-07-2015, 03:07 PM
As for quality in squad depth, with 2 or 3 more signings apparently to come and boys to come back from injury. Go ahead, try and pick a strongest lineup, its tough. I've tried.

bill the hibby
26-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Don't kid yourself on, rangers have added some good players to that squad. Guys like Andy Halliday, Waghorn etc are more than half decent. Freak result yesterday that flattered them, it's not going to define our season.

A freak result? Were you watching the same game as me? For the first half hour we are better, after that they looked physically stronger, physically fitter, more technically gifted and more ability, that was no freak result in my opinion. With all our injuries, lack of continued activity in the transfer window and playing against poor opposition in friendlies, this result was coming

magpie1892
26-07-2015, 03:12 PM

Almost as good as post #1901!

macd123
26-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Yep.

The agreement was probably that we won't stand in his way if an opportunity comes along - and we won't. But it doesn't mean aberdeen could come and offer 50k and we have to say yes. If a club comes along with a serious bid (probably from celtic or down south) he would be off with our best wishes.

Lago
26-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Paul Watson not good enough, Keith Watson injury prone, any others you want to quote?
Not really, only used them as examples of players our management team apparently had some interest in judging by info coming out of ER. Any other 'quotes' have been well documented on this message board.

jacomo
26-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Allan would need really good hearing to know that BH is booing him.

The internet is good at making distance no issue.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Not really, only used them as examples of players our management team apparently had some interest in judging by info coming out of ER. Any other 'quotes' have been well documented on this message board.

We will see more movement soon enough.....

poolman
26-07-2015, 03:45 PM

Jeezo, panic button switched on for no reason already

The_Horde
26-07-2015, 03:46 PM
A freak result? Were you watching the same game as me? For the first half hour we are better, after that they looked physically stronger, physically fitter, more technically gifted and more ability, that was no freak result in my opinion. With all our injuries, lack of continued activity in the transfer window and playing against poor opposition in friendlies, this result was coming

They probably were physically stronger, we had a 17 year old lad in midfield, Fyvie, Stanton and a defender in there as an experiment. The game changed after Malonga went off and we had no out ball, rangers were able to press us higher and we crumbled a little. But their goals were all severe lapses in concentration that won't happen once the season is underway.

Freak result that won't be repeated once we have our first teamers back.

People are getting a little irate at a glorified pre season game.

hibees 7062
26-07-2015, 03:46 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/11188440_10207447898861539_1113810647620234776_n.j pg?oh=9a95371c9f861dfb68c2d3e2482196c7&oe=5654F2FF

bill the hibby
26-07-2015, 03:49 PM
They probably were physically stronger, we had a 17 year old lad in midfield, Fyvie, Stanton and a defender in there as an experiment. The game changed after Malonga went off and we had no out ball, rangers were able to press us higher and we crumbled a little. But their goals were all severe lapses in concentration that won't happen once the season is underway.

I really hope you're right mate. Couldn't go through it again lol

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2015, 03:50 PM

Maybe you are right, and its just my apathy thats talking here?

Smartie
26-07-2015, 03:53 PM

Tbh, having gone through no small amount of wrist-slashing and bed-wetting myself over the past 24 hours, now the dust has settled a bit I am inclined to agree with your summary above.

hibees 7062
26-07-2015, 03:58 PM

This

Borderhibbie76
26-07-2015, 04:18 PM

Away and simmer doon mate..Stubbs has already stated new signings are in the pipeline and we were missing 7 or 8 1st team regulars yesterday....which imo does make it a freak result....that team wont start the league season

26-07-2015, 04:19 PM

Exactly. So we lost match which like you say is no more really than another pre-season game with less than half the team fit - forgive me if i'm not throwing my ST back just yet :rolleyes:

Ricky Bobby
26-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Whatever people think of the validity of the Petrofac cup. the fact is it was a competative match against our biggest rival for promotion.
We were really under prepared for that game yesterday, we should have had a couple more reasonably competative friendlies under our belts.We have already handed them the initiative going into the new campaign.

Borderhibbie76
26-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Whatever people think of the validity of the Petrofac cup. the fact is it was a competative match against our biggest rival for promotion.
We were really under prepared for that game yesterday, we should have had a couple more reasonably competative friendlies under our belts.We have already handed them the initiative going into the new campaign.

Dont agree if anything it might make derhun over confident for season ahead...it certainly has their fans....it will be a massively different hibs team at Hunbrox on 23 August mate

number9dream
26-07-2015, 04:28 PM
https://twitter.com/nickyclark91

Check out the picture Nicky Clark has retweeted...

Could have been taken any time but it ramps up the pressure just a tad.

matty_f
26-07-2015, 04:31 PM

They're going to be awfy disappointed when they realise that he's not going to play for The Rangers any time soon...:greengrin

HarpyHibby

From what I've heard, this has already been the case. Hope we boot him out the door, just not to Rangers. No player is bigger than the club.

green day

Guy out with his mates?

People see what they want to see

dmc1875
26-07-2015, 04:32 PM

Hes on a night out with his mate? We can't look into absolutely everything. Andy Halliday is his best mate remember.

3pm
26-07-2015, 04:34 PM

It's just **** stirring. Nobody - particular Stubbs and Dempster - gives a toss what Nicky Clark thinks.

Heisenberg
26-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Scott Allan can spit the dummy all he wants. Stubbs has said we won't sell him to Sevco and I firmly trust and believe that.

Stuarty27
26-07-2015, 04:42 PM
If that picture was taken last night Scott Allan is a disgrace.

Lago
26-07-2015, 04:42 PM
We will see more movement soon enough.....
Really, thats been the story for the last 4 weeks.

bingo70
26-07-2015, 04:43 PM
Guy out with his mates?

I get what he's done isn't breaking any rules but given 'the circus' that's surrounded him last week imo he knows what he's doing here.

He could have quite easily gone on that night out but said he didn't want to be in photos that were going on Twitter, Facebook or any other social media.

Despite all the assurances we've had my gut feeling is still that he'll join the Huns, I personally think there's still twists and turns ahead.

IWasThere2016
26-07-2015, 04:46 PM
From what I've heard, this has already been the case. Hope we boot him out the door, just not to Rangers. No player is bigger than the club.

Scott is a fantastic player, but his attitude is and always will be questionable.

jacomo

I've got a spare pitchfork if you need one.

Sorry but how? He's on a night out with his mates for someones birthday

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Really, thats been the story for the last 4 weeks.

Has it?

bingo70
26-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Sorry but how? He's on a night out with his mates for someones birthday

It's not that simple given what's been in the media over the last week or so.

Imo allowing himself to be photographed with a group of rangers players is pretty disrespectful to the rest of the hibs team.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2015, 04:54 PM

How? Because he's on a birthday night out with his Rangers pals? Never a disgrace, far from one.

GlasgowHibee
26-07-2015, 04:56 PM
After getting EMBARRASSED 6-2, I'd be too fuming to go out and act best pals with players who had just embarrassed not only myself, but the club as well. I think it shows how much he cares about the club.

Deansy
26-07-2015, 05:02 PM
It's looking like the Hun's main-aim of the 'SA-bid' has worked - tales of unrest behind-the-scenes and our support split on the issue. Now seems the only thing to do is, if he IS leaving, he goes to any club APART from them ! (With penalty-clauses built-into any transfer in case an 'Andy Webster - Wigan loan' scenario arises from it - remember, the Hun are NOT to be trusted !)

silverhibee
26-07-2015, 05:03 PM

Knowing us though we will admit to the verbal agreement.

This is just the start of things that will come from leaked agent to contacts in the press, we could have another month of this crap, The Rangers will make there 3rd bid and Hibs will turn it down and things will be ramped up even more by leaked stories to the press about how bad Hibs are treating SA when in reality we are the ones who have revived his career by giving him the platform to get back to playing football again, probably the most games he has played in a season in his career so far, Stubbs must feel very let down by him right now but SA agent has a job to do for his client and yes verbal counts for nothing but it's the damage that could be done in the next month to the club if this drags out to the last few hours of the window closing.

The last thing we need is some circus show happening every other day with regards SA, we have a league to concentrate on with and win this season, we cannot get of to a bad start this time around in the league.

Sadly it is now out of Stubbs hands what happens with SA, it's our Board that need to be strong from now on.

J-C
26-07-2015, 05:05 PM
After getting EMBARRASSED 6-2, I'd be too fuming to go out and act best pals with players who had just embarrassed not only myself, but the club as well. I think it shows how much he cares about the club.

He doesn't care about this club, it means nothing to him, we pay his wages nothing more.

macd123
Guy out with his mates?

Yeh probably just coincidence that he was out with the rangers team. Nicky clark probably doesn't even know about the speculation.

SaulGoodman
How? Because he's on a birthday night out with his Rangers pals? Never a disgrace, far from one.

I've not said much about all of this because I'm not sure what's true and what's not regarding SA.

However, I think is a bit of a kick in the baws for Hibs that, after getting beat 6-2, SA is away out bevying with the Rangers players. Especially given the circumstances.

He's acting like a prick. I would offload him now to any team except Rangers.