PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan and Alan Stubbs extensions

GreenCastle
20-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Surely Hibs should be offering Allan and Stubbs extensions?

Even if it's just a 1 year deal surely a win win ?

Come January Scott can sign a pre-contract and leave for nothing in summer - a player of his quality leaving for nothing would be madness.

Ideally he helps us to promotion and wants to stay longer (though if he was to move on - at least we could get some money for him). The board must surely act soon as he will have several clubs trying to tap him up this season I would imagine.

scoopyboy
20-07-2015, 02:38 PM

Come January Scott can sign a pre-contract and leave for nothing in summer - a player of his quality leaving for nothing would be madness.

Ideally he helps us to promotion and wants to stay longer (though if he was to move on - at least we could get some money for him). The board must surely act soon as he will have several clubs trying to tap him up this season I would imagine.

You think they haven't tried?

CallumLaidlaw
20-07-2015, 02:47 PM

I would be AMAZED if Scott Allan signed an extension with us. If he has another great season with us, and adds a few goals to his game, he could have the pick of clubs next summer.

Stubbs I can see signing an extension at some point

Onceinawhile
20-07-2015, 02:47 PM
For some reason I thought stubbs was on a 1 year rolling contract?

I think it's incredibly unlikely Scott Allan will be here next year.

Hibby70
20-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Great - saw the title and thought it had happened. :(

3pm
20-07-2015, 02:51 PM

What's the Stubbs situ Scoopy?

Hibernia&Alba
20-07-2015, 02:53 PM

If only. There'd be an extension in my underpants.

GreenCastle
20-07-2015, 02:54 PM

I don't know.

Do you ?

declan macmanus
20-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Think you'll find there is an extension offer on the table. Also that Scott Allan will get better offers in January and that it's highly unlikely that he will re-sign for Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
20-07-2015, 04:08 PM

What and give the windup merchants nothing to speculate about?

bingo70
20-07-2015, 04:22 PM
I'm in the minority here I know but I don't think Stubbs should get a new contract until we see how we do this season.

That doesn't mean I think we should sack him if we don't go up but I think it's a bit early to be talking about contract extensions for him.

DH1875
20-07-2015, 04:26 PM
I'm in the minority here I know but I don't think Stubbs should get a new contract until we see how we do this season.

That doesn't mean I think we should sack him if we don't go up but I think it's a bit early to be talking about contract extensions for him.

I agree with you 100%.
And reckon there's no chance of Scott extending.

Big L
20-07-2015, 06:18 PM
It's their own fault, whats with the two year contract! They should have made the guy feel valued and increased the wage and the term after 3 or 4 games, then we wouldn't be in this position. I also think their is something going on between Hibs and Celtic and I think it's got to do with McGeough and Allan, I think thats why Celtic resigned McGeough, to use him in the negotiations. They have apparently been in discussion all summer. Furthermore I can't see Celtic letting AS go to Rangers for nowt when they can grab him.

Sir David Gray
20-07-2015, 06:25 PM
I would be amazed if Scott Allan signs a new contract.

I don't see him being with us next season.

MrRobot
20-07-2015, 06:27 PM
For some reason I thought stubbs was on a 1 year rolling contract?

I think it's incredibly unlikely Scott Allan will be here next year.

Me too mate. I'm 100% sure it said 1 year rolling contract when he was announced.

Tinribs
20-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Me too mate. I'm 100% sure it said 1 year rolling contract when he was announced.

If that truly is the case, then i am in the "extension now" camp. If we go up this season, he will get offers and it would be nice if we got a few bob out of it. All if's and but's i know :greengrin

Iggy Pope
20-07-2015, 07:40 PM
It's their own fault, whats with the two year contract! They should have made the guy feel valued and increased the wage and the term after 3 or 4 games, then we wouldn't be in this position. I also think their is something going on between Hibs and Celtic and I think it's got to do with McGeough and Allan, I think thats why Celtic resigned McGeough, to use him in the negotiations. They have apparently been in discussion all summer. Furthermore I can't see Celtic letting AS go to Rangers for nowt when they can grab him.

Hmmm. Me neither.Stubbs would be about as welcome in that marble staircase as I would with my Iggy outfit.

scoopyboy
20-07-2015, 07:41 PM
I don't know.

Do you ?

Yes, 100%.

You might think it's a good idea, I might think it's a good idea but the bottom line is if they don't want to do it then we just have to accept it.

lucky
20-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Surprised at some of the comments on here. Hibs are not stupid. There was no way Hibs would offer a player a rise after 3 or 4 games. Hibs are moving in the right direction and Dempster is steering the club in the right direction. SA will move on next season and try to continue get his career going in the right direction again hopefully he'll have performed well enough to get us out the championship and him a move back down south.

jacomo
20-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Surprised at some of the comments on here. Hibs are not stupid. There was no way Hibs would offer a player a rise after 3 or 4 games. Hibs are moving in the right direction and Dempster is steering the club in the right direction. SA will move on next season and try to continue get his career going in the right direction again hopefully he'll have performed well enough to get us out the championship and him a move back down south.

:agree:

We didn't pay a fee for him, he's played well, hopefully will help get us up this season (it's not all about one player, but he has exceptional ability for this division) and then he can go with our blessings next summer.

Here's to a happy and successful season.

AlbertK86
20-07-2015, 08:50 PM
:agree: We didn't pay a fee for him, he's played well, hopefully will help get us up this season (it's not all about one player, but he has exceptional ability for this division) and then he can go with our blessings next summer. Here's to a happy and successful season.

Spot on mate

The_Horde
20-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Both to sign extensions in the near future.

You heard it here first..

jacomo
20-07-2015, 09:09 PM

Well that's true.

Let's hope your bravery is rewarded, but as I said above I'm not going to obsess about it. Both men seem committed and working hard to prepare for the season ahead, and that will do me right now.

SunshineOnLeith
20-07-2015, 09:23 PM

Well, I read that rumour on this site first, a couple of months ago. So, I suppose, technically you're not lying.

The_Horde
20-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Well, I read that rumour on this site first, a couple of months ago. So, I suppose, technically you're not lying.

Haha I know, whoosh..

GreenCastle
20-07-2015, 10:45 PM

I don't know if Hibs have or haven't offered one or both new terms.

Some say they have been offered and not signed - some say they have and it will be announced !

While it would soften the blow if he left having got us promoted - if we don't go up - it's a lose lose !

One thing new contracts would stop speculation going on and on ( and it may get worse close to January and during our end of season promotion push).

scoopyboy
20-07-2015, 11:01 PM
I don't know if Hibs have or haven't offered one or both new terms.

Some say they have been offered and not signed - some say they have and it will be announced !

While it would soften the blow if he left having got us promoted - if we don't go up - it's a lose lose !

One thing new contracts would stop speculation going on and on ( and it may get worse close to January and during our end of season promotion push).

They have both been offered contract extensions but no idea the outcome, I would guess nothing has been agreed or we would have heard about it.

I don't see what Scott Allan has to gain by signing an extension to be honest.

HibsNutter
20-07-2015, 11:10 PM
As much as I highly value these two, we should be confident in our ability to replace them when they inevitably leave. Unfortunately every club in the world except from Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern are selling clubs and will eventually lose their best players/manager. It's about having a recruitment policy in place to deal with this.

jacomo
20-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Haha I know, whoosh..

I've been whooshed. :greengrin

Beefster
21-07-2015, 05:43 AM

No, we didn't. Folk have been speculating/claiming that one or t'other was on the verge of signing an extension for at least two months.

I suppose if/when it eventually happens everyone can claim credit.

Torto7062
21-07-2015, 06:54 AM
Here goes....
Hibs might enter an agreement with one of the ugly sisters that means they would sign him in January for an agreed fee.

Meaning we get Allan for the 1st half of the season giving Stubbsy the time to find a replacement and justifying selling Allan for a fee higher than would be expect for a player who can sign for anyone for free....
Sounds daft but could be feasible

offshorehibby
21-07-2015, 07:02 AM
Hopefully this is just paper talk and a load o' p*^h

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/rumour-mill-rangers-scott-allan-nadir-ciftci-1-3836166

Aldo
21-07-2015, 07:12 AM
Hopefully this is just paper talk and a load o' p*^h http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/rumour-mill-rangers-scott-allan-nadir-ciftci-1-3836166

It's funny how they say we a desperate not to sell yet nowt about them desperate to buy!

southern hibby
21-07-2015, 07:25 AM
They have both been offered contract extensions but no idea the outcome, I would guess nothing has been agreed or we would have heard about it.

God forbid he picks up a very serious injury then until he can pass a medical which team would sign him then. Year or two extension with a sell on clause added and all parties would benefit.

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
21-07-2015, 07:35 AM
God forbid he picks up a very serious injury then until he can pass a medical which team would sign him then. Year or two extension with a sell on clause added and all parties would benefit.

GGTTH

There is the obvious benefit of increasing his take home pay right now rather than waiting another year. He will get his move next season anyway but a bit of extra cash and security now may appeal.

matty_f
21-07-2015, 07:44 AM
There is no danger Hibs are selling him to the Rangers.

Tha Cabbage Kid
21-07-2015, 07:49 AM
if scotty leaves at the and of his contract with another player of the year and championship medal. a English championship club would snap him up and no doubt give him a large signing on fee. maybe his agent has already told him this and to do it that way wich will give him alot of money in his pocket (and his agents :wink:)

greenginger
21-07-2015, 07:50 AM

A healthy wage increase now and a reasonably set buy out clause could be attractive to the player

scoopyboy
21-07-2015, 07:53 AM

GGTTH

Surely Scott Allan would benefit more by signing for whoever wanted him next season without that club having to pay Hibs a fee.

If a club had £1,000,000 to spend on Scott Allan then I'm sure the player would want all the money rather than share it with Hibs.

I would love him to sign an extension but the above reason will probably be why he wont.

I would love to be wrong on this one.

Baldy Foghorn
21-07-2015, 07:54 AM
A healthy wage increase now and a reasonably set buy out clause could be attractive to the player

Where are we getting the money to offer him a healthy wage increase? Supporter's want us to keep best player's but ST uptake response doesn't support that theory

scoopyboy
21-07-2015, 07:54 AM

That will be the kind of deal I would imagine Hibs will be trying to engineer.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2015, 08:09 AM
Surely Scott Allan would benefit more by signing for whoever wanted him next season without that club having to pay Hibs a fee.

If a club had £1,000,000 to spend on Scott Allan then I'm sure the player would want all the money rather than share it with Hibs.

I would love him to sign an extension but the above reason will probably be why he wont.

You will know more about this than me but I don't think it always works that way. Clubs may pay a high fee for a player but not have him near the top of their pay scale. I'm sure I read somewhere that GMS and Armstrong are on a lot less than others at Celtic even though the club paid a high fee for them. Clubs usually have salary bands where players are placed and they are not going to put a player in the top salary band just because they happened to get him without having to pay a fee. If it was Celtic, would they give him a higher wage that Scott Brown?

JimBHibees
21-07-2015, 08:21 AM

The issue with Allan will be what if in January we hear that Scott has signed a pre contract with Rangers who we are in a close league race with.

Jim44
21-07-2015, 08:30 AM
The issue with Allan will be what if in January we hear that Scott has signed a pre contract with Rangers who we are in a close league race with.

You've just got to trust the player in that situation. If you don't go with the flow but start making noises about the unsatisfactory situation, the issue becomes a real problem. If he does sign a pre contract, you tell him you demand and expect 100% and if he's half a person he will deliver. Any sudden slump in performance and attitude would be obvious and say volumes about his character. I would be willing to take the risk. Otherwise you are falling victim to blackmail.

bingo70
21-07-2015, 08:35 AM

It's a very good point, up until now Scott Allan has been different class in terms of his attitude but if he decides he wants away then he'll be off imo.

We'll get a good price If we do sell him now but him signing a pre contract for them in January would be a disaster for us, if he says that's what he'll do then we need to sell him imo.

scoopyboy
21-07-2015, 08:38 AM

It's a scenario I would dread, I don't think there would be an easy answer to that one.

I think Scott Allan would possibly avoid signing a pre contract, because if he's as good as I think he is he will not be short of offers at the end of the season.

Therefore I don't think he would be bullied into signing a pre in January.

scoopyboy
21-07-2015, 08:41 AM
You will know more about this than me but I don't think it always works that way. Clubs may pay a high fee for a player but not have him near the top of their pay scale. I'm sure I read somewhere that GMS and Armstrong are on a lot less than others at Celtic even though the club paid a high fee for them. Clubs usually have salary bands where players are placed and they are not going to put a player in the top salary band just because they happened to get him without having to pay a fee. If it was Celtic, would they give him a higher wage that Scott Brown?

You are right Ozy, I probably over simplified to get my point over.

I'm not sure how Celtic work their salaries but they wouldn't have Scott Allan as one of their top earners, but it would be multiples of what we could offer.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2015, 08:43 AM
If he signs a pre contract with Rangers in January then he will have had a poor first half of the season and we may be in trouble anyway.
If he plays to his potential in the first half of the season then Sevco won't be ale to afford him.

CockneyRebel
21-07-2015, 08:52 AM

Me too - bummer.

southern hibby
21-07-2015, 08:53 AM

SB, agree SA would be financially a lot better of getting all the money himself, however as I've posted who would sign him if he takes a serious injury and can't pass a medical. Then ( and this is pure speculation on my part )he would then have to take a smaller club taking a chance on him that he is the same player and no injury I is accruing. Sign an extension and injury occurred ( God forbid ) medical cover is paid and wages etc.
I really ain't to sure how these things are addressed between player and club but if you addressed these issues and it did happen then you are still receiving a wage.
GGTTH

Mikey09
21-07-2015, 08:54 AM
If the situation arises, and i expect it to, that we are up the top of the league battling it out with The Rangers then expect them to completely try and stir it between Scotty and Hibs by constantly pestering him. This will be a west coast media dream...

Lago
21-07-2015, 08:55 AM
Reminds me of the speculation about Deeks prior to him signing for Celtic, all it needs is for S A to make a statement saying he will see out his contract at Hibs, end of story. Unfortunately what we have heard up until now has all come from other sources using words like hopefully and would expect.

MSK
21-07-2015, 08:59 AM
Reminds me of the speculation about Deeks prior to him signing for Celtic, all it needs is for S A to make a statement saying he will see out his contract at Hibs, end of story. Unfortunately what we have heard up until now has all come from other sources using words like hopefully and would expect.Like this statement ..

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/1323568-scott-allan-plans-to-stay-at-hibs-amid-celtic-and-rangers-links/

Mikey09
21-07-2015, 09:07 AM
Reminds me of the speculation about Deeks prior to him signing for Celtic, all it needs is for S A to make a statement saying he will see out his contract at Hibs, end of story. Unfortunately what we have heard up until now has all come from other sources using words like hopefully and would expect.

He already has said he will see his contract out hasn't he??

CallumLaidlaw
21-07-2015, 09:10 AM
Like this statement ..

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/1323568-scott-allan-plans-to-stay-at-hibs-amid-celtic-and-rangers-links/

Asked what his message would be to Hibernian fans, Allan replied: "Nothing has changed for me. I've got a year left on my contract and I will be seeing that out." :agree::aok:

Keith_M
21-07-2015, 09:11 AM
If Scott Allan signs a pre-contract with DerHun, then Hibs get promoted but DerHun don't, he's gonna look a bit stupid.

mcfly
21-07-2015, 09:34 AM
This is just rubbish being written in the press to unsettle hibs prior to game on sat. The Rangers have no money certainly not enough to make hibs sell.

There is a lot of goodwill and trust now between fans and board and this would/could be lost if hibs sold our best player to the biggest rivals for a low amount

Lago
21-07-2015, 10:01 AM
Like this statement ..

Why add until everything is concrete

Lago
21-07-2015, 10:03 AM
He already has said he will see his contract out hasn't he??
Kind of, but with wriggle room.

Ken
21-07-2015, 11:55 AM
Not sure if would be allowed, but could Hibs....

1. Offer SA a new 1 year extension on our highest basic weekly wage with his same bonuses (probably not a huge increase from what he is on)
2. Set a Buy-Out Clause based on the remaining months of his contract (£100k per month remaining up to a maximum of £1.5m for example)
3. Clause that SA gets 20% of any transfer fee

This way Hibs get to keep SA without the fear of losing him for free in January and if Hibs do sell, say next summer, for approx £1m, Hibs get £800k and SA gets £200k which makes up for additional wages he may have got elsewhere. Win win for both parties

The_Horde
21-07-2015, 12:07 PM
No, we didn't. Folk have been speculating/claiming that one or t'other was on the verge of signing an extension for at least two months.

I suppose if/when it eventually happens everyone can claim credit.

I'm not claiming credit. I should maybe have been more clear with my sarcasm

JimBHibees
21-07-2015, 12:15 PM
It's a scenario I would dread, I don't think there would be an easy answer to that one.

I think Scott Allan would possibly avoid signing a pre contract, because if he's as good as I think he is he will not be short of offers at the end of the season.

Therefore I don't think he would be bullied into signing a pre in January.

If he were to state now that he would sign a pre con for Rangers in Jan may be better selling now.

Ringothedog
21-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Not sure if would be allowed, but could Hibs....

1. Offer SA a new 1 year extension on our highest basic weekly wage with his same bonuses (probably not a huge increase from what he is on)
2. Set a Buy-Out Clause based on the remaining months of his contract (£100k per month remaining up to a maximum of £1.5m for example)
3. Clause that SA gets 20% of any transfer fee

This way Hibs get to keep SA without the fear of losing him for free in January and if Hibs do sell, say next summer, for approx £1m, Hibs get £800k and SA gets £200k which makes up for additional wages he may have got elsewhere. Win win for both parties

Great in theory. If he goes to der hun he would get at least a £200k signing on fee and at approx £5k a week wages. Hibs cannot compete. He would be a minimum of £150k better off in the first year by signing for them. I am more concerned with crowds. He will run out on Saturday to a home end which will be no more than 1/2 full. If I was a player I would want to play in front of large crowds on a weekly basis. He will get that with them. Our fans appear to have gone on a long holiday and it would appear are never coming back.

Smartie
21-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Great in theory. If he goes to der hun he would get at least a £200k signing on fee and at approx £5k a week wages. Hibs cannot compete. He would be a minimum of £150k better off in the first year by signing for them. I am more concerned with crowds. He will run out on Saturday to a home end which will be no more than 1/2 full. If I was a player I would want to play in front of large crowds on a weekly basis. He will get that with them. Our fans appear to have gone on a long holiday and it would appear are never coming back.

He might.

There may not be many of us turning up at games right now but at least he has good rapport with those that do. He will have a fair idea of what lies ahead for him this season if he stays.

If they don't get off to a good start, Ibrox could end up being at best empty and echoey or at worst positively vitriolic. Their fans most certainly were not a help to their team last season. That may change this season but it may not.

anon1875
21-07-2015, 11:28 PM

Why would we offer SA a long term deal after 4 games though? He hadn't even proven his worth four games in and that would be a huge risk financially for us if it didn't work out. SA doesn't really fit in to the Celtic style of play and he's not going to get in to their team over Johansen who is the best player in the SPFL and currently plays in SA's position. Lawell wants Rangers back as quick as possible as well so I don't think a loan for DM will happen either.

Jim44
21-07-2015, 11:51 PM
Why would we offer SA a long term deal after 4 games though? He hadn't even proven his worth four games in and that would be a huge risk financially for us if it didn't work out. SA doesn't really fit in to the Celtic style of play and he's not going to get in to their team over Johansen who is the best player in the SPFL and currently plays in SA's position. Lawell wants Rangers back as quick as possible as well so I don't think a loan for DM will happen either.

I hope Hibs and Scott Allan doesn't turn out to be the football equivalent of Decca Records and The Beatles.

3pm
22-07-2015, 06:41 AM
I hope Hibs and Scott Allan doesn't turn out to be the football equivalent of Decca Records and The Beatles.

Where's the comparison?

J-C
22-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Where's the comparison?

The Beatles auditioned for Decca records but Decca opted for Brian Poole and the Tremeloes, we all know who went on to have the most number 1's in history and their record sales and it wasn't the Tremeloes.

You have to see what you have and make sure you get them signed or you could miss out.

CropleyWasGod
22-07-2015, 08:22 AM
The Beatles auditioned for Decca records but Decca opted for Brian Poole and the Tremeloes, we all know who went on to have the most number 1's in history and their record sales and it wasn't the Tremeloes.

You have to see what you have and make sure you get them signed or you could miss out.

Elvis.

And what happened to him, eh? Sent FROM Coventry....:cb

J-C
22-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Elvis.

And what happened to him, eh? Sent FROM Coventry....:cb

I was talking about British artists.

Jim44
22-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Where's the comparison?

Thanks J-C for your comment. I suppose my comparison was a bit tenuous but at least you understood my thinking. I suppose I'm talking about making incredibly stupid and potentially disastrous decisions.