PDA

View Full Version : Tranent Juniors 1 v Hibernian XI 4

Pedantic_Hibee
19-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Morning comrades,

Some of you may be aware already, but for the benefit of those who are not in the know, my local team Tranent Juniors F.C are playing a Hibernian XI this coming Wednesday with a scheduled 7pm kick-off.

Entry is £5 for adults, £2 concessions and all under 16s get in free.

Tranent Juniors have undergone a remarkable transformation over the summer with a new management team, new committee members (including yours truly) and have made some exceptionally impressive signings in the close season.

It's a club that's been in the doldrums for too long now and there was also a large disconnect between club and community (sound familiar?). Huge steps have been taken already to bridge that gap and foster a prosperous spirit whereby club and community help each other and share a mutual pride in each other.

We are hoping to get a large crowd to this game to boost our profile and your attendance would be much obliged. I'm fairly certain I've been put on gate duty so pop along and make yourself known.

I'm not sure who Hibs are bringing along but I'm holding out for Dominique Malonga to continue my man crush on him.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Many thanks,

Pedantic.

snooky
19-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Morning comrades,

Some of you may be aware already, but for the benefit of those who are not in the know, my local team Tranent Juniors F.C are playing a Hibernian XI this coming Wednesday with a scheduled 7pm kick-off.

Tranent Juniors have undergone a remarkable transformation over the summer with a new management team, new committee members (including yours truly) and have made some exceptionally impressive signings in the close season.

It's a club that's been in the doldrums for too long now and there was also a large disconnect between club and community (sound familiar?). Huge steps have been taken already to bridge that gap and foster a prosperous spirit whereby club and community help each other and share a mutual pride in each other.

We are hoping to get a large crowd to this game to boost our profile and your attendance would be much obliged. I'm fairly certain I've been put on gate duty so pop along and make yourself known.

I'm not sure who Hibs are bringing along but I'm holding out for Dominique Malonga to continue my man crush on him.

Many thanks,

Pedantic.

I assume the game is at Foresters Park?

Pedantic_Hibee
19-07-2015, 10:26 AM
I assume the game is at Foresters Park?

I knew I'd miss out something trivial such as the venue!!

Yes mate, the game is at Foresters Park.

For anyone who has their own business etc and would like to sponsor the club as well in terms of advertising boards etc then please let me know.

gazman
19-07-2015, 11:21 AM
No doubt your fitness guru Mike McGuire has got the squad fit for the new season,guys at Lothian and Whitehill were in much better shape after he worked with them.gluck for the season been a barren time for Tranent

Pedantic_Hibee
19-07-2015, 01:00 PM
No doubt your fitness guru Mike McGuire has got the squad fit for the new season,guys at Lothian and Whitehill were in much better shape after he worked with them.gluck for the season been a barren time for Tranent

Thanks mate. Yes the boys are looking sharp at the moment, just need to build up the match fitness now. We're currently 4v1 up in a friendly against Vale of Leithen although I'm missing the second half as I'm holding the fort in the committee room until someone returns.

Naturally, I've helped myself to a Peroni for my troubles. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...

B.H.F.C
19-07-2015, 01:52 PM
Morning comrades,

Many thanks,

Pedantic.

A lot of people in junior circles seem to be assuming that Tranent are splashing the cash. Got a good mate who signed recently and it certainly wasn't for money!

The club seem to be trying to do things the right way.

Johnny_Leith
19-07-2015, 01:53 PM

Good hibby is Mike.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-07-2015, 02:43 PM
A lot of people in junior circles seem to be assuming that Tranent are splashing the cash. Got a good mate who signed recently and it certainly wasn't for money!

The club seem to be trying to do things the right way.

What people don't know they make up, BHFC.

We are doing things the right way and as mentioned, a concerted effort is being made to give the community a club they can be proud of.

Jonnyboy
19-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Thanks mate. Yes the boys are looking sharp at the moment, just need to build up the match fitness now. We're currently 4v1 up in a friendly against Vale of Leithen although I'm missing the second half as I'm holding the fort in the committee room until someone returns.

Naturally, I've helped myself to a Peroni for my troubles. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...

Put one on ice for me. I'll make the long journey from Macmerry on Wednesday night :greengrin

SMAXXA
19-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Hopefully a good turn out. As mentioned Mike is some man, worth his weight in gold. Lots of good being done at the club and would be great to get the hibees family down to show some support to the next generation players and a local junior club 👍

cyber8
21-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Looking forward to the ga
me on Wednesday :gwa:

fatbloke
21-07-2015, 09:14 AM
Morning comrades,

Entry is £5 for adults, £2 concessions.

Many thanks,

Pedantic.

Can I get entry with a small mobility scooter?

SMAXXA
21-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Can I get entry with a small mobility scooter?

Yeah entry will be no problem from the high street end or the main enterence gate neared the 3G.

Pedantic_Hibee
21-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Yeah entry will be no problem from the high street end or the main enterence gate neared the 3G.

Correct. Hopefully a great turnout for tomorrow.

M11BMO
21-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Any chance of a live stream to "The Longe Bar, Benalmadena?" Please, Bri?

Pedantic_Hibee
21-07-2015, 02:15 PM

I'll make enquiries........

Billy Whizz
21-07-2015, 03:02 PM

Say hello to Dave the owner please. Been to a few Malaga games with him over the years

M11BMO
21-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Good Lad is Dave. He's tried a few times over the past 4 years to get us to go to a game as well but we've never taken up the invitation.

andy1875
21-07-2015, 09:53 PM
Good Lad is Dave. He's tried a few times over the past 4 years to get us to go to a game as well but we've never taken up the invitation.

Your in Spain wi the good lady, in what sounds like a good pub and your still on the net Bri. Fi's chat can't be that bad surely mate. :greengrin

BigT-Hibeez
22-07-2015, 07:03 AM
Up in Tranent from London this week so will definitely be going to this, still be shouting on the hibs even though I'm a belter..

Pedantic_Hibee
22-07-2015, 12:11 PM
Bumping this up as a wee reminder of tonight's game if anyone fancies popping along.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-07-2015, 12:11 PM
Your in Spain wi the good lady, in what sounds like a good pub and your still on the net Bri. Fi's chat can't be that bad surely mate. :greengrin

Fi is my little sister..trust me, her chat is that bad.

FranckSuzy
22-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Bumping this up as a wee reminder of tonight's game if anyone fancies popping along.

I'll be there + 1 :aok: Looking forward to it.

Hibbie_Cameron
22-07-2015, 12:20 PM
I'll be there and I'm hoping to have a few others with me.

Will be great only having a couple of minutes walk to see Hibs:thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Excellent, sounds like we will get a good turnout today.

Remember it's £5 adults, £2 concession and under 16s get in for nowt.

I'm buzzing for it.

happiehibbie
22-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Morning comrades,

Many thanks,

Pedantic.

We are brining the Civil service strollers down on Saturday 12 pm KO (which is a nightmare as i have tickets for the game !

Hermit Crab
22-07-2015, 02:01 PM
I'm a maybe at the moment, the 7pm kick off means it could be tight for me but trying to work my other plans around it.

3pm
22-07-2015, 02:14 PM
I'm a maybe at the moment, the 7pm kick off means it could be tight for me but trying to work my other plans around it.

Pish! :wink:

archiebald
22-07-2015, 02:21 PM

Try ibensa bar

O'Rourke3
22-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Rumours were that some of the first team squad are due a run out tonight and that one of the locals might run out for his home team. Depends whether his painting job finishes on time......

silverhibee
22-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Morning comrades,

Many thanks,

Pedantic.

Post code, how is it for parking, will my new wheels be safe. :greengrin

M11BMO
22-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Haha Cairney, mate, you know her chats stinking!!

Pedantic_Hibee
22-07-2015, 04:17 PM

EH33 1JB.

And no :D

bill the hibby
22-07-2015, 04:30 PM

I would most certainly park your car on the high street and walk as oppose to nearer the not so glamorous side of tranent

AlbertK86
22-07-2015, 04:33 PM
I would most certainly park your car on the high street and walk as oppose to nearer the not so glamorous side of tranent

Got to love the Coalgate 😉 !!!'!

bill the hibby
22-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Got to love the Coalgate 😉 !!!'!

Well 'love' is one word for it hahaha

Squealing pig
22-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Hoping 1/2 is a good price for hibs double with bate boroslov 11/8 Some price for them

oconnors_strip
22-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Brennan, Donaldson, McGregor, Porteous, Waugh, Stirling, Murray, Smith, Breen, Shaw, Allan

- - - Updated - - -

substitutes: Scott, Sinclair, Donnelly-Kaye, Watson

Franck Stanton
22-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Any news on the Hibs team line up ? Are there any of our new signings getting a run-out for fitness reasons ?

Edit : OOPs, sorry, the above post wasn't there when I startie typing this post.

3pm
22-07-2015, 06:13 PM
1-0 Hibs. Shaw.

3pm
22-07-2015, 06:24 PM
2-0.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-07-2015, 06:27 PM
I'm stuck in the turnstile so I've hardly seen much!

flash
22-07-2015, 06:29 PM

Go on a diet!

bigwheel
22-07-2015, 06:29 PM

Use vaseline...that'll free ya! :greengrin

3pm
22-07-2015, 06:30 PM
2-1.

3pm
22-07-2015, 06:39 PM
3-1.

Hermit Crab
22-07-2015, 06:40 PM
3-1

Hermit Crab
22-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Pish! :wink:

I've made it though despite a smash on the bypass.

3pm
22-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Pedantic, is this your IPod they've got on?!

Pedantic_Hibee
22-07-2015, 06:56 PM
Pedantic, is this your IPod they've got on?!

If it's Motown then yes. If it's not then it's nowt to do with me ;)

I'm hoping to escape the turnstile to see a bit of the second half!

3pm
22-07-2015, 07:10 PM
4-1.

Hermit Crab
22-07-2015, 07:11 PM
4-1

BT58
22-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Try ibensa bar

My local when im over there. We call it ASDA. Its cheap as chips. Even had berry flavored Magners at €1.20.
Whos scoring all the goals lads??

3pm
22-07-2015, 07:40 PM
Hermit Crab looking lively there. Retrieved the ball fae the sideline well.

Hermit Crab
22-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Hermit Crab looking lively there. Retrieved the ball fae the sideline well.

Yep. Still got it.

oconnors_strip
22-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Full time 4-1

KingFranck
22-07-2015, 08:12 PM
First I've seen of the number 10 Breen wee lad looks promising!

Hibbie_Cameron
22-07-2015, 08:20 PM
First I've seen of the number 10 Breen wee lad looks promising!

He barged the big Tranent number 11 off the ball in the first half. Could not help but laugh

3pm
22-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Hibs number 6 was good tonight. Ben Stirling? Looks promising.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Thank you to everyone who turned up tonight, it was a good crowd and a good game of football. I've now realised I'm not cut out for operating a turnstile, there was a bit of a mad dash just before the game that got me in a bit of a sweat.

Even my BO has got BO.

B.H.F.C
22-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Couple of really young looking boys in the Hibs team.

Ben Stirling looks quite confident, willing to take the ball all the time.

Mikey09
22-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Full time 4-1

Christ that was close!! Imagine if the young lads had got another?! Tranent Juniors dead as a club as well!!! Phew... :dead:

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-07-2015, 12:09 AM
Hoping 1/2 is a good price for hibs double with bate boroslov 11/8 Some price for them

BATE boys made an arse of it, nightmare.

BigT-Hibeez
23-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Thank you to everyone who turned up tonight, it was a good crowd and a good game of football. I've now realised I'm not cut out for operating a turnstile, there was a bit of a mad dash just before the game that got me in a bit of a sweat.

Even my BO has got BO.

Were you the big tall boy at the gate?

Coco Bryce
23-07-2015, 09:25 AM
I was amazed to see there was live in-play betting for last nights game on my Bet365 account.

:thumbsup:

Good crowd last night. That little No.10 (Breen) for Hibs was a right little terrier :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
23-07-2015, 10:01 AM
Were you the big tall boy at the gate?

That was me mate yes. Black jacket. Awkward haircut.

Squealing pig
23-07-2015, 10:05 AM
BATE boys made an arse of it, nightmare.

Should be beating dundalk with ease. Win some lose some :(

BigT-Hibeez
23-07-2015, 10:56 AM
That was me mate yes. Black jacket. Awkward haircut.

I was the guy who asked for a child admission in a squeaky voice at the gate.. Nearly had you fooled huh 😀

Pedantic_Hibee
23-07-2015, 11:49 AM
I was the guy who asked for a child admission in a squeaky voice at the gate.. Nearly had you fooled huh 😀

It was a nice try, almost had me fooled!

snooky
23-07-2015, 01:10 PM
I was amazed to see there was live in-play betting for last nights game on my Bet365 account.

:thumbsup:

Good crowd last night. That little No.10 (Breen) for Hibs was a right little terrier :agree:

Great pass for the 3rd goal, BTW. Will be looking for him coming through in the future.
Also thought the belters no. 7 (Mason?) played well.

SMAXXA
23-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Great pass for the 3rd goal, BTW. Will be looking for him coming through in the future.
Also thought the belters no. 7 (Mason?) played well.

The no 7 was Manson, Stevie Manson recently signed from Kelty Hearts, scored a terrific goal as well. Good young hibs side the futures bright :thumbsup: