PDA

View Full Version : DAFC v HFC, match trivia, weather, transport and random musings

Keith_M
18-07-2015, 07:31 AM
I just thought I'd start a thread for today's match covering all topics, as we now have a number of threads related to weather, trains, time the game starts, etc.

So...

DAFC v HFC, 3pm.

Weather gusty, rain currently aff in Dunfermline (according to my insider who's currently there ;) )

Hibs have been allocated the East Stand only, which holds 3,016 (according to wikipedia) but there have been problems getting in at previous games so might be an idea to arrive early.

Apparently it's Pay At The Gate.... but I stand to be corrected.

Adults £10, Concessions £5

Any team news?

TAHibby
18-07-2015, 08:58 AM
Just noticed Sean Murdoch's come back over from America now playing for Dunfermline

DaveF
18-07-2015, 09:09 AM
No team news, but I'm en route to Waverley station looking forward to my first game of the new season. Do McD's still do those brekkie muffin things?

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2015, 09:10 AM
No team news, but I'm en route to Waverley station looking forward to my first game of the new season. Do McD's still do those brekkie muffin things?

Get a wrap, healthier:aok:

Team wearing new away strip Today, and I expect to see Bartley at some point......

DaveF
18-07-2015, 09:13 AM
Get a wrap, healthier:aok:

Of course, that's erm, what I meant :-)

Be good if Bartley got some game time today.

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Of course, that's erm, what I meant :-)

Be good if Bartley got some game time today.

Excited at seeing him, hearing good things about him.....

GreenCastle
18-07-2015, 09:32 AM
Pretty windy - hopefully not ruin the game !

Looking forward to this - though not expecting much change from the Berwick line up as we basically don't have many options.

Not sure if Marvin will be available / play as from his Twitter looked like he was going back down to England yesterday.

muzzando
18-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Definitely no Bartley today, he's a bit behind in terms of fitness so has some catching up to do and this game is too soon for him

DownInAlbion
18-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Marvin is unlikely to play a part in today's game, said in an interview yesterday he's well behind the rest of the team fitness wise.

Famous Fiver
18-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Big question.

Will Scott Allan play today?

GreenCastle
18-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Stubbs seemed to want to play a pretty much 1st team for majority of game last week - interesting to see if he does the same today.

Will Stanton be a direct replacement for Handling ?

Dobosz83
18-07-2015, 11:10 AM
On my way over to Dunfermline now. Plan is to hit the Elizabethan. Anyone know whether they are ok with kids going in?

GreenT
18-07-2015, 11:21 AM
There is no pay at the gate. You have to buy a ticket at the kiosk first

Green Fish
18-07-2015, 11:24 AM
On my way over to Dunfermline now. Plan is to hit the Elizabethan. Anyone know whether they are ok with kids going in?

Yeah, fine

Frank Moon
18-07-2015, 11:36 AM
Yeah, fine

Yeah it's fine as long as Green Fish isn't bevvied and arguing with Jambos!

Green Fish
18-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Yeah it's fine as long as Green Fish isn't bevvied and arguing with Jambos!

Best behaviour today, just out ma bed but I ***** hate jambos!!!

SteveHFC
18-07-2015, 11:55 AM
Didn't get home until half 4 this morning from Newcastle and just woken up. Giving the game a miss today but hopefully will be at Ayr on Tuesday.

Boyle89
18-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Lovely sunny day. Sadly it's pretty windy though. Should maybe play them at flying kites.

silverhibee
18-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Thought it would be busier over here, weather is fine apart from wind, good pRking space on main road for quick getaway. :flag:

duffers
18-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Looking at the team, I like it. Obviously Carmichael, Bartley, keatings, and Farid too come back too, but It does show that with as little as 4 injuries / suspensions (when they kick in) we really either need
A - to be really lucky and hope we don't pick up many injuries / suspensions
B- Sign a couple more squad players as I don't think the bench is strong enough. I'm not doubting the young lads, and I'm sure they all deserve their chance, but can we / is it fair to rely on them long term if we were to get a bad run of injuries...?

Lago
18-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Lovely sunny day. Sadly it's pretty windy though. Should maybe play them at flying kites.
Pretty windy, blowing a gale!!

lucky
18-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Seems a decent Hibs support. There is a cash gate and a booth. But the wind is blowing straight into the Hibs end. Shame none of new new signings are playing just the old new ones!