PDA

View Full Version : Derek Riordan

Onceinawhile
18-07-2015, 12:32 AM
To get it out quickly: judas, would never play for celtic etc, wasted potential... etc.. etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spQ3ihnxWNU

100+ goals.

For me he was better than Frank. No striker we've had in the last 27+ years has been better than this chap. WHAT. A. TALENT.

hfc rd
18-07-2015, 12:40 AM
To get it out quickly: judas, would never play for celtic etc, wasted potential... etc.. etc...

100+ goals.

For me he was better than Frank. No striker we've had in the last 27+ years has been better than this chap. WHAT. A. TALENT.

Not better than Le God. The guy just oozed class. That's just my opinion though. He was the best player I ever seen playing for Hibs.

Riordan was the best Hibs striker I seem in my lifetime. What a finisher. Right foot, left foot, 5 yards, 30 yards. He could score for fun.

Hibernia&Alba
18-07-2015, 12:44 AM
Terrific natural ability and a joy to watch when on song. A match-winner.

Onceinawhile
18-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Not better than Le God. The guy just oozed class. That's just my opinion though. He was the best player I ever seen playing for Hibs.

Riordan was the best Hibs striker I seem in my lifetime. What a finisher. Right foot, left foot, 5 yards, 30 yards. He could score for fun.

que? Was either better than frank or wasn't the best player you ever saw player for hibs.

Sean1875
18-07-2015, 12:53 AM
never seen a better striker of a ball, absolute king of a man

Billy McKirdy
18-07-2015, 12:58 AM
Derek Riordan on top of his game was probably the very best player Hibs have had in the last 40 years, a wasted talent who should still be playing at the highest level with his natural ability but it was not to be sadly :rolleyes:

Onceinawhile
18-07-2015, 01:02 AM
Derek Riordan on top of his game was probably the very best player Hibs have had in the last 40 years, a wasted talent who should still be playing at the highest level with his natural ability but it was not to be sadly :rolleyes:

+100 goals for the team he supported.

<Mr Stubbs, please let me waste my talent, I've only 100 goals to go.

Andy Bee
18-07-2015, 01:13 AM
Franck Sauzee was on a completely different level to DR and I'm pretty sure Derek would be first to admit that, that's not taking anything away from the talent DR has.

Nando™
18-07-2015, 01:57 AM
Franck Sauzee won the Champions League.

WellingtonHibby
18-07-2015, 02:13 AM
Yawn.

.Sean.
18-07-2015, 02:24 AM
He'll never be bettered. Simple as. It astounds me folk can bicker and bitch about a man who bleeds Hibs and banged in in excess of 100 goals for the club. He's the biggest 'legend' (I hate that word) we've had in 20-odd years and as long as I follow Hibs he'll never be forgotten.

Local lad, loves Hibs, scored a barrowload for us, gave us time without number moments of sheer astonishment and he hates Hearts. I could go on and on.

The inevitable embarrassments who'll appear calling him a waster etc based on what they read and second-hand stories can beat it anaw :aok:

Thecat23
18-07-2015, 06:54 AM
He'll never be bettered. Simple as. It astounds me folk can bicker and bitch about a man who bleeds Hibs and banged in in excess of 100 goals for the club. He's the biggest 'legend' (I hate that word) we've had in 20-odd years and as long as I follow Hibs he'll never be forgotten.

Local lad, loves Hibs, scored a barrowload for us, gave us time without number moments of sheer astonishment and he hates Hearts. I could go on and on.

The inevitable embarrassments who'll appear calling him a waster etc based on what they read and second-hand stories can beat it anaw :aok:

He's the best goal scorer I've ever seen that's for sure. But big Frank and Latapy were different class imo. I think people should appreciate them for what they were and not compare each other!

I wouldn't say he wasted his talent, but he certainly didn't achieve what his early potential promised. Either way he's played for Hibs, scored some amazing goals for Hibs and a player who I'll always remember foundly!

Libby Hibby
18-07-2015, 06:58 AM
He's the best goal scorer I've ever seen that's for sure. But big Frank and Latapy were different class imo. I think people should appreciate them for what they were and not compare each other!

I wouldn't say he wasted his talent, but he certainly didn't achieve what his early potential promised. Either way he's played for Hibs, scored some amazing goals for Hibs and a player who I'll always remember foundly!

Aww, that brought a tear to my eye haha

My thoughts entirely TC

DH1875
18-07-2015, 06:59 AM
So, does he have a club for this season yet?

Haymaker
18-07-2015, 07:05 AM
He is a free agent. Worth a punt?

HibbyAndy
18-07-2015, 07:05 AM
My best ever player.

Riordan was different class.

Keith_M
18-07-2015, 07:06 AM
He is a free agent. Worth a punt?

:tsk tsk:

Aldo
18-07-2015, 07:07 AM
Legend for me. Plain and simple.

ManBearPig
18-07-2015, 07:21 AM
I was worried he had died or something the way people are talking about him!

Keith_M
18-07-2015, 07:24 AM
I was worried he had died or something the way people are talking about him!

I agree. It's a bit random as to why the OP decided to suddenly post this, and people set out to defend his reputation in advance.

Anway, has he retired from football or is he still playing? I heard he had a contract at East Fife for a while but dunno if that's still the case.

Haymaker
18-07-2015, 07:27 AM
I agree. It's a bit random as to why the OP decided to suddenly post this, and people set out to defend his reputation in advance.

Anway, has he retired from football or is he still playing? I heard he had a contract at East Fife for a while but dunno if that's still the case.

He is a free agent.

Gmack7
18-07-2015, 07:31 AM
Did that laddie ever miss, he was sensational 👍

Keith_M
18-07-2015, 07:33 AM
He is a free agent.

:aok:

OK, so not sorted anything yet then.

That's a shame he's not still at East Fife. I heard they have severe budget restrictions this season so not too surprising.

Ronniekirk
18-07-2015, 07:37 AM
Silverhibee will be all over this thread when he sees it .No doubt he will know what latest situation with Deeks is.
The rain teaming down at 4 am woke me up,and I watched all the goals ,then had a dream he was in ma hoose with an ex girlfriend of mine ,who had no idea who he was ,and we were reminiscing about all things Hibs . The variety of goals is what struck me, from wonder strikes. Hitting them first time on the volley, free kicks ,headers ,being in the right place at the right time to shuffling the ball from feet to feet and confusing defender before firing home ,and my favourite the number of times he got on the end of a raking diagonal pass out wide , minimal control and then straight into the corner .
Memories indeed .reminds me we still don't have anyone who can strike from distance with power ,now that Craig's gone . although S A s placed bending shot from outside a crowded penalty against Berwick was a joy to behold :agree::top marks

My_Wife_Camille
18-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Legend

ps, this is the video you want... Basically the same one but has goals from his last season too including that chip against Celtic!

https://youtu.be/3ACdH__eWRc

Bostonhibby
18-07-2015, 09:00 AM

:agree:

Delighted he played for us and supports us, fantastic finisher and as good as any I have seen play for Hibs and I have been lucky enough to see a few good ones.

mcfly
18-07-2015, 09:01 AM

Cmon are you telling me he was better than sauzee or latapy??

No chance, not ever - he was a good player but why is their a thread on Derek riordan on these pages all the time. It's a new team. Let's move on

Mark79
18-07-2015, 09:01 AM

100+ goals.

Morning Derek. We havent forgotten about you. you don't need to start these threads all the time.

The Harp Awakes
18-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Genius:top marks

Vault Boy
18-07-2015, 09:11 AM
Franck Sauzee won the Champions League.

So did Djimi Traore.

:greengrin

Steve20
18-07-2015, 09:42 AM

Sauzee and Latapy both played for Hibs in the time and Riordan was nowhere near their level.

Dashing Bob S
18-07-2015, 10:03 AM
Great and seminal thread as it finally passes the stale old 'could he still do a job for us?' nonsense. The answer is a resounding 'no'.

Now we can get on with appreciating one of the best players we've ever had.

Yes, he probably could have done more, but which one of us can look in the mirror and say we've all absolutely maximised our potential to its fullest extent?

(I feel I'm pretty unique in that aspect - I'm not claiming I'm the Kylie Minogue of the East Stand, but I sort of am.)

Stantons Angel
18-07-2015, 10:38 AM
im sorry but compare Roirdan with Sauzee is something i just cant get my head around.
Apart from playing position and how they felt about the club Franck to me was far more a committed footballer than Derek.

Franck was taken to the heart of the supporters because he just oozed class and nothing fazed him he was imo the only player that could wear that no4 jersey and be any way as good as Stanton! the way he left us was disgraceful and hurt him and the supporters.

Derek gave us years of great goals and newspaper headlines. You can play old videos of his goals and reminisce all we like but he left us for the heady heights and cash of Glasgow only to sit on the bench for more than a season. Hibs brought him back and he starred in many a game and left us with more goals to reminisce about, but left us again for money in the orient. Within a month he was back, just as many on here had predicted. Since then he has gone from team to team looking a contract not to much avail.

Franck had won it all and did it all in football, Derek had it all to do and was still young enough to do it with the ability he had. He was a prolific goal scorer just as Lawrie Reilly, Alan Gordon, Joe McBride had been seasons before and we can watch videos of their goals and think how good we would be to have a player of their ability.

They are all in the past we must now look to the future and give what we have now a chance to be good enough to be still in our minds in years to come.

Greencore
18-07-2015, 10:40 AM
So what actually happened to him? He sat on the bench at Celtic and just lost his talent? Came back did okay-ish......

Bronson
18-07-2015, 10:51 AM
My favourite player ever, a complete joy to watch.

Is he finished? Absolutely.
Would I still have him back? Probably.

FranckSuzy
18-07-2015, 11:08 AM

No chance, not ever - he was a good player but why is their a thread on Derek riordan on these pages all the time. It's a new team. Let's move on

My thoughts exactly. Great player, great memories :aok:

jdships
18-07-2015, 11:10 AM

Thank you for a sensible well put together post
:thumbsup:

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-07-2015, 11:11 AM
I do love a good Derek Riordan thread on .net. They certainly all seem to follow a similar pattern haha

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-07-2015, 11:13 AM
im sorry but compare Roirdan with Sauzee is something i just cant get my head around.
Apart from playing position and how they felt about the club Franck to me was far more a committed footballer than Derek.

Franck was taken to the heart of the supporters because he just oozed class and nothing fazed him he was imo the only player that could wear that no4 jersey and be any way as good as Stanton! the way he left us was disgraceful and hurt him and the supporters.

Derek gave us years of great goals and newspaper headlines. You can play old videos of his goals and reminisce all we like but he left us for the heady heights and cash of Glasgow only to sit on the bench for more than a season. Hibs brought him back and he starred in many a game and left us with more goals to reminisce about, but left us again for money in the orient. Within a month he was back, just as many on here had predicted. Since then he has gone from team to team looking a contract not to much avail.

Franck had won it all and did it all in football, Derek had it all to do and was still young enough to do it with the ability he had. He was a prolific goal scorer just as Lawrie Reilly, Alan Gordon, Joe McBride had been seasons before and we can watch videos of their goals and think how good we would be to have a player of their ability.

They are all in the past we must now look to the future and give what we have now a chance to be good enough to be still in our minds in years to come.

Time may have hazed my memory but I'm almost sure that he wanted to stay second time round and wasn't offered a new deal? I don't think he was overly keen to move to China, hence his prompt return.

NAE NOOKIE
18-07-2015, 11:39 AM
The best natural finisher we have probably had in the last 40 odd years. IMO it was his slight lack of pace which stopped EPL clubs wanting him, thanks for the memories mate ...... now then who's next?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-07-2015, 12:50 PM
My favourite ever Hibs player, love the guy!

SteveHFC
18-07-2015, 12:51 PM
My favourite ever Hibs player, love the guy!

One of my favourite hibs players of all time.

bigwheel
18-07-2015, 01:02 PM
One of my favourite hibs players of all time.

Great goal scorer ....on form wonderful to watch - wouldn't though be in my top ten Hibs players ....

E10 Rifle
18-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Griffiths was a better out and out striker than Riordan

liamh2202
18-07-2015, 02:05 PM
On a side note , now the club seems to have sorted itself out upstairs . is it time we made a move to mend the bridges between us and big frank. Everyone I know is ashamed how he was treated. Maybe something for the fans reps to take on?

Thecat23
18-07-2015, 02:07 PM
On a side note , now the club seems to have sorted itself out upstairs . is it time we made a move to mend the bridges between us and big frank. Everyone I know is ashamed how he was treated. Maybe something for the fans reps to take on?

Frank won't return as long as Petrie has any ties to the club!

liamh2202
18-07-2015, 02:10 PM

Could be a fair point actually. Tbh we have some proper legends connected to this fine club and I feel we don't do enough to show how high regard we hold them

Matty_Jack04
18-07-2015, 02:22 PM

If frank was in his 20s with hibs he too would have left for Celtic, I agree there's no comparison sauzee is the best player I've ever seen play for hibs bit unfair to use Derek moving to Celtic as a blot on his time with us though there's been lots of others followed that same path Stanton included,his just didn't work out, best striker at hibs in my lifetime

shamo9
18-07-2015, 02:58 PM
It's Griffiths, Riordan or Fletcher for me in my lifetime (best striker).

Riordan scored the most goals overall, Griffiths had the best individual season and Fletcher has played consistently at a higher level. Now you could debate all day that Riordan and Griffiths could cut it at the same level as Fletcher but until they go out and do it it's nothing but speculation.

Personally I enjoyed watching Riordan and Griffiths more so they would be my top two. They're both renowned for producing individual moments of brilliance but the key differences between them is that Griffiths had pace while Riordan could use either foot. I'm not suggesting Riordan was slow but he had a lot less to lose and I think that's one of the main reasons he's aged badly. By the time he left Hibs he still had the talent and was still capable of hitting double figures but due to losing what little pace he had it made defending against him a lot easier. I'm not just talking about running past people because Riordan was never really about that, I mean how quickly his legs were capable of doing what his brain was thinking. His reactions and his ability to create space for himself had deteriorated.

Griffiths is naturally pretty quick which makes him more versatile. He's capable of leading a line on his own and running at people in a way Riordan couldn't. This also probably gives him a better chance of cutting it at a higher level. Riordan's ability to use two feet made him clever and tricky but I'd take that bit of extra speed in execution. Riordan had this way of playing in slow motion, you could usually tell he was about to do something special, he had class and poise. Griffiths is more like a mental firework that can go off at any minute :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
18-07-2015, 03:00 PM
Never ever better than Le God. Thread closed.

Stantons Angel
18-07-2015, 06:12 PM
If frank was in his 20s with hibs he too would have left for Celtic, I agree there's no comparison sauzee is the best player I've ever seen play for hibs bit unfair to use Derek moving to Celtic as a blot on his time with us though there's been lots of others followed that same path Stanton included,his just didn't work out, best striker at hibs in my lifetime

I appreciate your your points of view on this and cant argue about him being your favourite player either. We all have one player who stands out in our memories and they may all be different too.

Stanton never wanted to leave Hibs at all, Turnbull in his wisdom wanted rid of him and organized it all! he was as surprised as we were when he got the call to tell him to go through there. Like Sauzee the way he was treated was awful!
Seems to happen a lot with Hibs players.

Matty_Jack04
18-07-2015, 06:48 PM
I appreciate your your points of view on this and cant argue about him being your favourite player either. We all have one player who stands out in our memories and they may all be different too.

Stanton never wanted to leave Hibs at all, Turnbull in his wisdom wanted rid of him and organized it all! he was as surprised as we were when he got the call to tell him to go through there. Like Sauzee the way he was treated was awful!
Seems to happen a lot with Hibs players.

I don't know the ins and outs of stantons move I never had the privallage of seeing him play I was just pointing out deek isn't the only player to go to
Celtic for the money and it was a little harsh to Use that as a stick to beat him with

3pm
18-07-2015, 07:37 PM
I hated it when Riordan was at Hibs. Nothing worse than expecting something to happen 35 yards fae the goals. :agree:

matty_f
18-07-2015, 07:57 PM
I think Griffiths is a better player, doesn't lessen my love for Riordan though.

3pm
18-07-2015, 08:07 PM
I think Griffiths is a better player, doesn't lessen my love for Riordan though.

Technically he's not. He works harder and has more pace though.

matty_f
18-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Technically he's not. He works harder and has more pace though.

I don't think there's much between them technically, Griffiths has some fantastic technique and could score goals every bit as good as Riordan could. When you add in the work rate, it nudges Griffiths ahead imho.

Not taking anything away from Deek though, he was a very special talent at Hibs and one of my favourite players.

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2015, 10:05 PM

Hope he renews when Petrie goes then.

.Sean.
18-07-2015, 10:10 PM
Sick hearing this. A wee acknowledgement to the support who idolised him wouldn't go amiss, not everything has to go through Petrie. I genuinely don't think Sauzee is bothered his arse about us.

QMU-1875
18-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Sick hearing this. A wee acknowledgement to the support who idolised him wouldn't go amiss, not everything has to go through Petrie. I genuinely don't think Sauzee is bothered his arse about us.

He couldn't care less

liamh2202
18-07-2015, 10:21 PM

I think I'm with you on this mate ., maybe he thinks w
The support in some way were to blame?

Michael
18-07-2015, 10:27 PM

Have to agree with this. It's a bit disappointing.

He's had books written about his time here (surely there can be nothing more flattering than this?)...yet seems to want nothing to do with Hibs now.

andrew70
18-07-2015, 10:28 PM

Nor do I mate and why should he?

Anyway any issue that Franck had at the time was not with Petrie.

We were simply a club he played for in an illustrious career, he owes us nothing, not even a token appearance but it's nowt to do with Petrie or anyone else now as to why he won't 'come back'.

We aren't his club, he may have been an inspirational figure on the pitch, off it(as manager) he was terrible and he left in an unfortunate manner but it had to happen.

As footballers:
Sauzee, Griffiths, Riordan in that order but I'd much rather see Deek back at E.R. in any capacity. He deserves proper respect from this club and its supporters.

Franck's gone and Leigh's going further than Hibs in his career just now unfortunately but good luck to him.

3pm
18-07-2015, 10:29 PM
I don't think there's much between them technically, Griffiths has some fantastic technique and could score goals every bit as good as Riordan could. When you add in the work rate, it nudges Griffiths ahead imho.

Not taking anything away from Deek though, he was a very special talent at Hibs and one of my favourite players.

Derek could do it with both feet.

AgentDaleCooper
18-07-2015, 10:36 PM
pretty amazing how you can honestly say about that video, not 'there's some special goals in there', but 'most of those goals are special'.

honestly cannot see the point in trying to figure out who was best. griffiths and riordan especially, were both quintessential hibs - a pair of bams, who happened also to be great, exciting footballers who gave us truly special memories.

IWasThere2016
18-07-2015, 10:37 PM
Derek over Leigh for me. He played against better, and was two-footed. Not much in it though.

bigwheel
18-07-2015, 10:40 PM
Nor do I mate and why should he?

Anyway any issue that Franck had at the time was not with Petrie.

We were simply a club he played for in an illustrious career, he owes us nothing, not even a token appearance but it's nowt to do with Petrie or anyone else now as to why he won't 'come back'.

We aren't his club, he may have been an inspirational figure on the pitch, off it(as manager) he was terrible and he left in an unfortunate manner but it had to happen.

As footballers:
Sauzee, Griffiths, Riordan in that order but I'd much rather see Deek back at E.R. in any capacity. He deserves proper respect from this club and its supporters.

Franck's gone and Leigh's going further than Hibs in his career just now unfortunately but good luck to him.

what a load of old nonsense...Deek deserves nothing more from Hibs - he was idolised when he was here..even when he was not performing particularly well...He get's respect about every two months with a thread about him on here...There is nothing Hibs or the fans need to do for him...other than wish him well, and hope he gets back playing regularly at some level.

MWHIBBIES
18-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Riordan was a great player and a fantastic goalscorer for Hibs but lets honest here. Franck was a league above (not for Hibs but his achievements elsewhere mean there really is no comparison IMO) and we will be lucky to see a player with his pedigree ever play for Hibs again.

Not really sure why there has to be some dick measuring contest between them on here, both Hibs legends who I loved watching.

Leigh way behind them both in Hibs legend/icon status.

The_Horde
19-07-2015, 12:21 AM
Better than sauzee? Not a chance. More of a legend? You can bet your arse he is.

He's one of our own.

sambajustice
19-07-2015, 01:57 AM
Zitelli was a better player than him.

And Fletcher.

And Scott Brown

and probably Leigh Griffiths

And Sauzee.

And Latapy.

And Ulrik Laursen

And Andy Goram

And John Collins

And Jim Leighton

And Steve Archibald

And De La Cruz

And probably a few others...

A rabid hibby who hates the jambos and a cracking goalscorer for Hibs. But claims of the ilk of "best player in 40 years" are an effin hoot!!

Hibrandenburg
19-07-2015, 07:34 AM
George Best and le God are two stand alone players that have played for Hibs since I started watching them. Let's call them class A.

Class B players include Pat Stanton, Jimmy O, Russell Latapy, John Blackley, John Collins and a few others.

Imo Deek would be in the next group.

Jim44
19-07-2015, 08:20 AM

And Fletcher.

And Scott Brown

And Sauzee.

And Latapy.

And Ulrik Laursen

And Andy Goram

And John Collins

And Jim Leighton

And Steve Archibald

And De La Cruz

A rabid hibby who hates the jambos and a cracking goalscorer for Hibs. But claims of the ilk of "best player in 40 years" are an effin hoot!!

Pat Stanton

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-07-2015, 10:30 AM

I think the OP was made "under the influence" doesnae make it wrong though.

3pm
19-07-2015, 10:34 AM

And Fletcher.

And Scott Brown

And Sauzee.

And Latapy.

And Ulrik Laursen

And Andy Goram

And John Collins

And Jim Leighton

And Steve Archibald

And De La Cruz

I suppose when you look at the names on the list, it depends on how you define 'better'.

O'Rourke3
19-07-2015, 10:52 AM
George Best and le God are two stand alone players that have played for Hibs since I started watching them. Let's call them class A.

Class B players include Pat Stanton, Jimmy O, Russell Latapy, John Blackley, John Collins and a few others.

Opinions eh? I'd easily promote Stanton and Collins into that top tier.

Just a wee :hijack: There are many on here who consider the Derek never reached his potential, but what if he did? Some of us on here are like dads who knew if they'd stuck in they had a chance, so living it vicariously through their laddie (in the case Deek).

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Phew!

Original post @ 01:32. I thought there had been another "sighting" up town....... :greengrin

Spike Mandela
19-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Imagine if Sauzee had played for us at the same time as Riordan.:cheers::yum yum::woohoo::clapper:

mcfly
19-07-2015, 11:24 AM

Pat Stanton a class B player??

Ridiculous comment - did you ever see him play? Outstanding player and up there with the hibs greats

Stantons Angel
19-07-2015, 11:30 AM

Ridiculous comment - did you ever see him play? Outstanding player and up there with the hibs greats

You are so right with your post, Stanton would NEVER be in a B group for anything! really this thread is getting so boring!

When someone compares Stanton in the same breath as Riordan well ...............

Ive see both play and seen the impact both can have on a game. Both may be legends in their own time, i have no doubt about that.

BUT Stanton will stand supreme above them all!!! (sorry but im biased)

Eyrie
19-07-2015, 11:34 AM

I can only assume that your definition of Class A refers to the player's entire career and not their contribution to Hibs, because Best wasn't as good for us as your B list players.

bigwheel
19-07-2015, 12:08 PM
You are so right with your post, Stanton would NEVER be in a B group for anything! really this thread is getting so boring!

When someone compares Stanton in the same breath as Riordan well ...............

Ive see both play and seen the impact both can have on a game. Both may be legends in their own time, i have no doubt about that.

I can't imagine anyone who saw them both would disagree with you....Stanton was a Rolls Royce of a player.....

erin go bragh
19-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Deeks a living Hibs Legend . The added bonus being he is one of us and hates them .

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
19-07-2015, 12:45 PM

Pat Stanton is the best player I have seen in a hibs jersey by some way

Ronster117
19-07-2015, 01:01 PM
:top marks
Mr Hibs.......no more to be said

hfc rd
19-07-2015, 01:26 PM
que? Was either better than frank or wasn't the best player you ever saw player for hibs.

Did you not read the post?

Sauzee was the BEST EVER PLAYER I have ever witnessed in a Hibs top. Yes that means I think he was better than Riordan.

I then mentioned that Derek Riordan was the BEST HIBS STRIKER I had ever witnessed.

blackpoolhibs
19-07-2015, 02:03 PM

:agree: And as wonderful a player as he was, George Best would hardly get a mention if it were not what he did before coming to us, as he contributed very little when he bothered to turn up, bar a few decent performances.

Stanton is a proper Hibs legend, i doubt i will ever see someone like him again in Hibs colours.

J-C
19-07-2015, 02:12 PM
:agree: And as wonderful a player as he was, George Best would hardly get a mention if it were not what he did before coming to us, as he contributed very little when he bothered to turn up, bar a few decent performances.

Stanton is a proper Hibs legend, i doubt i will ever see someone like him again in Hibs colours.

Very true Best was at the very end of his career and although he was still way ahead of the guys on the pitch, he was purely here for the money.

I loved Sauzee but I wouldn't call him a legend as he wasn't here long enough, brilliant player yes but not a legend.

Legends as far as I'm concerned are Stanton and all the famous 5.

SunshineOnLeith
19-07-2015, 02:54 PM
Griffiths was, and indeed is, on a completely different level to Riordan but aside from him, Riordan's the best striker I've seen play for Hibs. I'm sure he's made enough money from Celtic and his stint in China to set him up for the future so descriptions like 'wasted talent/career' etc are wide of the mark, but he could have achieved a lot more in a footballing sense.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-07-2015, 02:58 PM
Anyone know what happened to the "Derek Riordan The Goals" video? The one that had Queen Don't stop me now playing through the video?

Lago
19-07-2015, 03:54 PM
If only I had a time machine to go back and watch Pat score with 2 headers against rangers as hibs ran them ragged. Fabulous player, fabulous person.

Big L
19-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Giving my age away here, but I have to say that Joe Baker was the greatest goal scorer Hibs ever had! Russel Latapy had great vision and was blessed with the best touch I have ever seen from a Hibs player, but Pat Stanton was my favourite player off all time.

19-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Fantastic natural talent who sadly didn't end up having the career he should have. Another player ruined by celtic.

hhibs
19-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Giving my age away here, but I have to say that Joe Baker was the greatest goal scorer Hibs ever had! Russel Latapy had great vision and was blessed with the best touch I have ever seen from a Hibs player, but Pat Stanton was my favourite player off all time.

I thought Deeks was the bees knees but.........Joe Baker was absolutely the best striker in a Hibs strip........ever! IMHO

J-C
19-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Fantastic natural talent who sadly didn't end up having the career he should have. Another player ruined by celtic.

Not doing Griffiths career any harm right now, maybe Deeks attitude through there didn't help his cause, don't get on the wrong side of the manager.

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2015, 07:06 PM
I just don't get it and never have to be honest. Sauzee had a great pedigree and as such was a coup for Hibs but to hear people wax lyrical about his performances and one of the greatest ever Hibs players who is still idolised by many is beyond me. Decent playet yes but doesn't even come on my radar as a great player, I must be spoilt for choice!

HibbyAndy
19-07-2015, 07:10 PM
I thought Deeks was the bees knees but.........Joe Baker was absolutely the best striker in a Hibs strip........ever! IMHO

Hard to disagree but i guarantee you more folk on here saw Riordan more than Joe Baker.

The fact this laddie got in excess off 100 goals for Hibs and still many question him is simply laughable.

Derek Riordan IS the best striker Hibs have had for many many years, Now some may not like me saying this but i'm stating a god given fact.

Derek Riordan is a Hibernian legend make no bones about it.

Thecat23
19-07-2015, 07:11 PM
I just don't get it and never have to be honest. Sauzee had a great pedigree and as such was a coup for Hibs but to hear people wax lyrical about his performances and one of the greatest ever Hibs players who is still idolised by many is beyond me. Decent playet yes but doesn't even come on my radar as a great player, I must be spoilt for choice!

You have to be joking? He could read a game fantastically and some of his play was something else! I'm 37 and haven't seen a player come close to his class since supporting hibs. He was so calm on the ball as well it seemed to settle the rest around him.

The millennium Derby at Tynnie was one of the best performances I've seen from a Hibs player. Controlled it from start to finish and hit an unstoppable goal as well. If you don't think he's class I'd love to hear who you do think was better! If you have seen Stanton or the famous five then fair dos.

HibbyAndy
19-07-2015, 07:13 PM
You have to be joking? He could read a game fantastically and some of his play was something else! I'm 37 and haven't seen a player come close to his class since supporting hibs. He was so calm on the ball as well it seemed to settle the rest around him.

The millennium Derby at Tynnie was one of the best performances I've seen from a Hibs player. Controlled it from start to finish and hit an unstoppable goal as well. If you don't think he's class I'd love to hear who you do think was better! If you have seen Stanton or the famous five then fair dos.

AND run all the way back to 'us' to celebrate!

Baldy Foghorn
19-07-2015, 08:09 PM
The word legend gets banded about far too often, when I think of legends, the famous five, the tornadoes definitely fit the bill. Just a pity that so many still around Today never had the pleasure of seeing these player's.

I always remember an older fan, telling me he felt sorry for me, as he had seen both teams, and nothing would come close again to them.....

Thecat23
19-07-2015, 08:12 PM

That was great, I didn't notice at the time as I was going crazy! Was when I got home I recorded the game and watched it back. What a night that was!

emerald green
19-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Folk have different views and opinions of course, but the all-time leading Hibernian FC goalscorer was the great Gordon Smith with 364 goals. An amazing goalscoring record for a player who played most of his career as an old fashioned right winger.

No player for Hibs has scored more goals against HMFC - 15 goals. Gordon scored 17 hat-tricks, all with Hibs. Scored 5 goals in one game against Third Lanark - a record for a winger in Scottish football history. His stats are simply phenomenal.

I didn't ever see Smith play, and I know he played in a different era, but that record will never be broken by a Hibs player.

The greatest goalscorer I have actually seen playing for Hibs was Joe Baker.

O'Rourke & Gordon formed a terrific goalscoring partnership which was broken up far too soon.

Aldo
19-07-2015, 08:24 PM
That was great, I didn't notice at the time as I was going crazy! Was when I got home I recorded the game and watched it back. What a night that was!

Mrs Aldos first visit to the PBS. And it's far to say the Hibees Bounce in the concourse after the game was immense. She was carried along with it. An outstanding game with an outstanding performance.

When Kenny knocked in number 3 we were on the pitch! It was crazy!

Haymaker
19-07-2015, 08:29 PM
Still a free agent.

mjh
19-07-2015, 08:37 PM

This

SteveHFC
19-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Still a free agent.

Coulld still do a job.

cmcd
19-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Still a free agent.

I have been very fortunate in following our club There have been some great goalscorers Smith near the end of his Hibs career Joe Baker Neil Martin Alan Magraw Joe Mcbride snr Alan Gordon Jim Orourke Steve Cowan .All these guys have one thing in common They just wanted to play and scote goals with no baggage GGTTH

emerald green
19-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Coulld still do a job.

Seriously? He was freed by East Fife recently was he not? I'm not sure why, but it's hard to see Riordan playing in Hibs first team now surely.

weecounty hibby
19-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Still a free agent.

Wonder why?

Haymaker
19-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Seriously? He was freed by East Fife recently was he not? I'm not sure why, but it's hard to see Riordan playing in Hibs first team now surely.

Released after they didn't get promotion, had to cut back the budget. Scored 5 and assisted 5 IIRC in only 14/15 games.

SteveHFC
19-07-2015, 08:46 PM
Released after they didn't get promotion, had to cut back the budget. Scored 5 and assisted 5 IIRC in only 14/15 games.

He would be excellent on the left side of midfield for us.

weecounty hibby
19-07-2015, 08:47 PM

What are you basing that on?

emerald green
19-07-2015, 08:55 PM

Na, sorry he was playing for a club which finished 4th in Scottish League 2.

Derek Riordan was a very good goalscorer, but he couldn't tackle to save himself. Cannot see DR playing in midfield, full of running, and winning tackles and headers in the middle of the park.

3pm
19-07-2015, 08:55 PM
The word legend gets banded about far too often, when I think of legends, the famous five, the tornadoes definitely fit the bill. Just a pity that so many still around Today never had the pleasure of seeing these player's.

I always remember an older fan, telling me he felt sorry for me, as he had seen both teams, and nothing would come close again to them.....

I hope you countered with Patrick Noubisse? :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
19-07-2015, 08:56 PM
I hope you countered with Patrick Noubisse? :agree:

I did, and Lyndon Andrews.....Trumped him....

Jonnyboy
19-07-2015, 08:57 PM

What are you basing that on?

Na, sorry he was playing for a club which finished 4th in Scottish League 2.

Derek Riordan was a very good goalscorer, but he couldn't tackle to save himself. Cannot see DR playing in midfield, full of running, and winning tackles and headers in the middle of the park.

Methinks you are the victims of a fishing trip.

emerald green
19-07-2015, 09:03 PM

I was beginning to wonder Jonnyboy. Maybe I'm just slowing up, or they are bored?

We'll see if our fellow contributors respond with anything sensible in due course. :rolleyes:

Haymaker
19-07-2015, 09:04 PM

No fishing trip here. Just pointing out a fact and getting the thread back on track.

3pm
19-07-2015, 09:07 PM
I did, and Lyndon Andrews.....Trumped him....

I'll not hear a bad word against Lyndon. Part of the 6-2 demolition.

Haymaker
19-07-2015, 09:09 PM

Jonnyboy
19-07-2015, 09:10 PM
No fishing trip here. Just pointing out a fact and getting the thread back on track.

Correct. You are not a fisherman :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
19-07-2015, 09:15 PM

Haha you are quite correct.....

3pm
19-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Haha you are quite correct.....

Fashion tips and now this! What a day! :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
19-07-2015, 09:23 PM
Fashion tips and now this! What a day! :greengrin

I'm still in shock haha

silverhibee
19-07-2015, 09:27 PM

His contract came to a end, East Fife took a chance on him to help them get in to the play off's and possibly promotion, and he did help them get in to the play off's but didn't get promotion, he played 11 games getting 5 goals and the same in assists in that short spell, the club are now in a bad place with no money and could be without a owner soon.

Naysmith said: “I wish all the players well in their future careers. Derek played a part in turning our season around and I am sure he enjoyed being involved on a playing basis again.”

And hopefully he can enjoy playing for another club this season. :aok:

hibees 7062
19-07-2015, 09:27 PM

:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
19-07-2015, 09:28 PM
His contract came to a end, East Fife took a chance on him to help them get in to the play off's and possibly promotion, and he did help them get in to the play off's but didn't get promotion, he played 11 games getting 5 goals and the same in assists in that short spell, the club are now in a bad place with no money and could be without a owner soon.

Naysmith said: “I wish all the players well in their future careers. Derek played a part in turning our season around and I am sure he enjoyed being involved on a playing basis again.”

Any clubs in for him Silver?

hibees 7062
19-07-2015, 09:28 PM

That was as good as the goal

hibees 7062
19-07-2015, 09:32 PM

So were we :flag:

GreenArmyyy!
19-07-2015, 09:50 PM

Riordan scored the most goals overall, Griffiths had the best individual season and Fletcher has played consistently at a higher level. Now you could debate all day that Riordan and Griffiths could cut it at the same level as Fletcher but until they go out and do it it's nothing but speculation.

Personally I enjoyed watching Riordan and Griffiths more so they would be my top two. They're both renowned for producing individual moments of brilliance but the key differences between them is that Griffiths had pace while Riordan could use either foot. I'm not suggesting Riordan was slow but he had a lot less to lose and I think that's one of the main reasons he's aged badly. By the time he left Hibs he still had the talent and was still capable of hitting double figures but due to losing what little pace he had it made defending against him a lot easier. I'm not just talking about running past people because Riordan was never really about that, I mean how quickly his legs were capable of doing what his brain was thinking. His reactions and his ability to create space for himself had deteriorated.

Griffiths is naturally pretty quick which makes him more versatile. He's capable of leading a line on his own and running at people in a way Riordan couldn't. This also probably gives him a better chance of cutting it at a higher level. Riordan's ability to use two feet made him clever and tricky but I'd take that bit of extra speed in execution. Riordan had this way of playing in slow motion, you could usually tell he was about to do something special, he had class and poise. Griffiths is more like a mental firework that can go off at any minute :greengrin

Cracking post to read!

silverhibee
19-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Any clubs in for him Silver?

A few enquires but no contract offers yet.

Baldy Foghorn
19-07-2015, 09:56 PM

Billy Whizz
19-07-2015, 09:56 PM

What do they need to enquire about? The man is a proven player

HoboHarry
19-07-2015, 09:57 PM
How much money he would be looking for I would imagine....

Andy74
19-07-2015, 10:00 PM

Stokes has to be up there too for goals to games in recent years.

For sheer class I would chuck in Steve Archibald and even Marc Libbra. Two of my favourite Hibs strikers.

monktonharp
19-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Franck Sauzee won the Champions League.Franck Sauzee played in the final of the champions league,for a team that eventually won it with a collection of good players. Derek Riordan, on the other hand was an exceptionally good player from the schemes of North Edinburgh. he went on to play for his local heroes, and the team that he supported as a Laddie, Hibernian fc. he was aboot, re-his contract payments(to my mind) and eventually left the club he loved, then eventually returned and was played in a position that never suited him which meant that he could never hit the heights that he once had in that club. Nevertheless he scored some fantastic goals, from deadball situations and general outfield play and will always be remembered as "one of our own" . all, of course in my opinion.Franck, no comparison available, was well loved but never one of our own. end of.

BoomtownHibees
19-07-2015, 10:05 PM

For sheer class I would chuck in Steve Archibald and even Marc Libbra. Two of my favourite Hibs strikers.

Out of all the good strikers we have had you pick Marc Libbra who played 10 games for us as one of your favourites?

Andy74
19-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Out of all the good strikers we have had you pick Marc Libbra who played 10 games for us as one of your favourites?

Yep. 5 goals in those 10 games. Just liked him.

BoomtownHibees
19-07-2015, 10:11 PM

Thought he was a good player with a bit of quality about him. Just would never have thought he would be anybody's favourite striker ahead of Riordan etc.

monktonharp
19-07-2015, 10:12 PM
Not doing Griffiths career any harm right now, maybe Deeks attitude through there didn't help his cause, don't get on the wrong side of the manager.might have been a Pilton , - Muirhouse thing:wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Surprised he's not got a team atm as he was in talks with Cork the weekend we lost on aggregate to Rangers at ER.

Hopefully he gets something sorted soon, nice guy with a good family also 👍🏻

Nando™
19-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Franck Sauzee played in the final of the champions league,for a team that eventually won it with a collection of good players. Derek Riordan, on the other hand was an exceptionally good player from the schemes of North Edinburgh. he went on to play for his local heroes, and the team that he supported as a Laddie, Hibernian fc. he was aboot, re-his contract payments(to my mind) and eventually left the club he loved, then eventually returned and was played in a position that never suited him which meant that he could never hit the heights that he once had in that club. Nevertheless he scored some fantastic goals, from deadball situations and general outfield play and will always be remembered as "one of our own" . all, of course in my opinion.Franck, no comparison available, was well loved but never one of our own. end of.

What has any of that got to with who was the better footballer?

silverhibee
19-07-2015, 11:04 PM
might have been a Pilton , - Muirhouse thing:wink:

Must have been that, :wink: :greengrin

Because there was a few other players at that time almost coming to blows with the manager and the fighting in the changing room with players and players fighting on night out in Denver, don't no what attitude or getting on the wrong side of the manager at Celtc J-C is meaning but it can't have been any worse than that, and yet these players were still picked by the manager.

2006/2007 season seen Deek make 21 appearances for Celtc, most of them from the bench and scored 7 goals, the same season Kenny Miller made 44 appearances and scored 8 goals and started most of these games, If Deek had started 44 games I'm pretty sure he would have got double figures no problem that season, but the manager just wouldn't give Riordan a run of games in the team to prove himself at Celtc.

A link to the bad boys at Celtc at that time. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-wilson-lifts-lid-aiden-5855625

snooky
19-07-2015, 11:12 PM
I'm a real big fan of Deek however I'd pick Griffiths as my favourite striker (since the Tornados)

silverhibee
19-07-2015, 11:15 PM

If he is willing to travel to the other side of the world.

Think he would prefer to stay in the UK.

silverhibee
19-07-2015, 11:16 PM

Did he get 5 assist's as well though. :greengrin

KWJ
20-07-2015, 02:23 AM
I'd argue that O'Connor was just as good while in that first spell at Hibs and there's no doubting that he went on to have a better, yet still undoubtedly under-achieved career.

Tried to find that video that was done after he left with Greenday's Time of your Life as the soundtrack. No joy.

Not this unusual one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbXiPXNsdUY !

Even in his second spell when he was clearly not looking after himself he was more than useful, the goal at Killie is class. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgT8WEGtkvA

MWHIBBIES
20-07-2015, 02:43 AM
I'd argue that O'Connor was just as good while in that first spell at Hibs and there's no doubting that he went on to have a better, yet still undoubtedly under-achieved career.

Tried to find that video that was done after he left with Greenday's Time of your Life as the soundtrack. No joy.

Not this unusual one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbXiPXNsdUY !

Even in his second spell when he was clearly not looking after himself he was more than useful, the goal at Killie is class. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgT8WEGtkvAI'd argue O'Connor disgraced himself with his poor conduct and fitness in his second spell, no respect for him at all and I'm so glad we are rid of players like him.

Persevere80
20-07-2015, 07:31 AM
Hibs legend in my eyes........

BSEJVT
20-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Comparing Players of different teams / era's is a bit like comparing apples with oranges IMO.

All you can be is the best player of your "time" other than that your record determines your place in the pantheon of Hibs greats.

There have been lots of truly great Hibs players hampered by the fact that they didn't play in good teams over the years.

There have also been lots of guys not deserving of the term legend that played in good Hibs teams or Hibs teams that had good results. Sauzee and Latapy being prime examples.

My interest in / knowledge of Hibs players stretches back historically to the Famous Five and "live action" to the Tornadoes.

In the same way as my dad told me I would never see anything like the Famous Five, I would say my exposure to the Tornadoes has "blighted" my Hibs supporting life as I have never see anything like them since and mostly other than a couple of highlights Hibs have been hugely inferior.

Legends I would be aware of would be the entire Famous Five team (not just the 5) people over look the contribution made by their team mates.

Joe Baker, its astonishing what he achieved, being capped by England in those days playing outside the country and in Scotland of all places given English xenophobia at the time was amazing.

The Tornadoes team, brilliantly led by my personal hero Pat Stanton.

For me no-one since has deserved legendary status.

I have seen some great players, Sauzee, Latapy & Archibald, but they will never be Hibs Legends as the flitted briefly through Hibs late in their careers and maintained no affinity before or after.

I really liked Mowbray / Collins team (keepers apart) and I would place guys like Fletcher, Brown, Thomson, Whittaker and of course Riordan & O' Connor (first times around) really highly.

There's nothing quite like bringing through your own kids and seeing them develop, which makes our treatment of our younger players since then all the more puzzling

I don't think we will ever see another Hibs Legend, as I don't think that we would ever be able to retain anyone with sufficient quality to qualify for that status long enough for them to do so.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-07-2015, 08:39 AM
I can only assume that your definition of Class A refers to the player's entire career and not their contribution to Hibs, because Best wasn't as good for us as your B list players.

I concur.

CockneyRebel
20-07-2015, 09:15 AM

I am 69 next month and saw a lot of Stanton/Blackley/Brownlie/Cropley etc. - they were all class acts. Sauzee oozed class just like Pat and both were a joy to watch. Frank came to us at the back end of his career and only a bad injury stopped us getting another season out of him on the park. It was sad the way his stay ended but my memories of him and the team he played in will stay with me forever. We were lucky to have him (well done Eckie).

CockneyRebel
20-07-2015, 09:20 AM

He led the line superbly for us and was great value for money.

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 12:04 PM
If we're talking about goals to games ratios then Didier Agathe and Chris Killen have to be mentioned. Agathe got 19 in 32 and Killen got 4 in 6

Both better than 1 in 2.

bigwheel
20-07-2015, 12:04 PM
If we're talking about goals to games ratios then Didier Agathe and Chris Killen have to be mentioned. Agathe got 19 in 32 and Killen got 6 in 4.

Chris Killen played more than 4 games for us - surely??

Haymaker
20-07-2015, 12:06 PM
If we're talking about goals to games ratios then Didier Agathe and Chris Killen have to be mentioned. Agathe got 19 in 32 and Killen got 6 in 4.

Both better than 1 in 2.

Other way round surely?

erin go bragh
20-07-2015, 12:19 PM

Both better than 1 in 2.

Agathe got 6 in 4 games . Which equates to 1.5 goals per game .
Killen with his 19 goals in 32 games . Gives him 0.7 goals per game .

GGTTH

TheFamous1875
20-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Here's two questions re Derek Riordan:

1) if he had the attitude, discipline and work rate of, say Steven Fletcher, how far do you think he would've gone/where would he be today?

2) did he ever miss a penalty for Hibs?

hfc rd
20-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Here's two questions re Derek Riordan:

1) if he had the attitude, discipline and work rate of, say Steven Fletcher, how far do you think he would've gone/where would he be today?

2) did he ever miss a penalty for Hibs?

I remember him missing two pens, one against ICT and another against St Johnstone.

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 02:40 PM
I remember him missing two pens, one against ICT and another against St Johnstone.

And two against Aberdeen

Make no mistake though, this man is a Hibernian legend

Edit - apparently one against Hamilton too

The_Exile
20-07-2015, 03:07 PM
For what it's worth I don't think Riordan can ever be accused of having a bad attitude, he gave everything for us and I'm sure there are plenty players on record who played with him at Celtic who have said he was a great lad and a hard grafter in training. The frustration came from not playing, that would infuriate any young player wanting to show everyone what he was capable of. If we're talking how far could he have gone in the game it's difficult to say, perhaps a couple of career choices he might look back on with a bit of regret and in retrospect hampered him fulfilling his potential.

Physically he might have struggled against centre backs in the top leagues in the world. I think his game would've been suited to Spain or Italy, somewhere where you've got a tad more time on the ball, he was always fantastic at finding space and a shooting lane, his natural technique when he hit a ball was/is (you don't lose that) incredible.

emerald green
20-07-2015, 06:21 PM

The bit in bold. I hope so too. I just don't see it being at Hibs. Not now I'm afraid.

There's a considerable difference playing in League 2 in Scotland, compared to playing for a club that's expected to challenge for (and hopefully win outright) promotion to the Premiership this season.

Hibrandenburg
20-07-2015, 07:18 PM
Ok, let's set the cat amongst the pidgions.

If we say there is a class of footballer who stand out above all others and call it League 1, now I'm talking about players like Maradona, Pele, Messi and Zidane. How many Hibs players that you've seen would make that league?

Best at his best definitely.

bigwheel
20-07-2015, 07:31 PM

If we say there is a class of footballer who stand out above all others and call it League 1, now I'm talking about players like Maradona, Pele, Messi and Zidane. How many Hibs players that you've seen would make that league?

Best wasn't at that standard when he played for us.....I didn't see the famous five, but my departed old man would have certainly put Gordon Smith right up there with the best....in my time , Pat Stanton and Alex Cropley were among the best I've seen in a Hibs Jersey...

ancient hibee
20-07-2015, 07:32 PM

Obviously you can't include Best as he didn't do it for Hibs great player that he was.

Of Hibs players I have seen who played at the top of their game and were a match for anyone I would say-
Gordon Smith
Bobby Johnstone
Lawrie Reilly
Joe Baker
Willie Hamilton.

eastterrace
20-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Best wasn't at that standard when he played for us.....I didn't see the famous five, but my departed old man would have certainly put Gordon Smith right up there with the best....in my time , Pat Stanton and Alex Cropley were among the best I've seen in a Hibs Jersey...

best was way past his sell by date when he played for us, still good tho when he could be bothered to turn up.

cmcd
20-07-2015, 08:15 PM
best was way past his sell by date when he played for us, still good tho when he could be bothered to turn up.

Have to agree with Ancient all these players were fantastic fir Hibs Smith and Hamilton (for too shirt a period)were on a diffrent planet Pat Stanton whom i met in hopitality told me Hamiltin was his favourite player

monktonharp
21-07-2015, 12:39 AM
What has any of that got to with who was the better footballer?I don't have a clue what you mean with your comment. the original post was who was the best footballer. I suppose my view was, who was the best for Hibs and for me it would be RIORDAN ANY DAY. I liked big Franck, but Riordan was one of our own and someone our own fans could relate to. still Riordan, despite the fact that Sauzee was good .

monktonharp
21-07-2015, 12:49 AM
If we're talking about goals to games ratios then Didier Agathe and Chris Killen have to be mentioned. Agathe got 19 in 32 and Killen got 4 in 6

Both better than 1 in 2.both of them really wanted to play for Celtic, and did. Riordan also played for them but we COULD have kept him, but didnt

monktonharp
21-07-2015, 12:53 AM
Agathe got 6 in 4 games . Which equates to 1.5 goals per game .
Killen with his 19 goals in 32 games . Gives him 0.7 goals per game .

GGTTHWish he'd scored instead of unbelievably missed, at Tynie. I was at that game, amongst the filth.

Hibrandenburg
21-07-2015, 09:30 AM
Obviously you can't include Best as he didn't do it for Hibs great player that he was.

Of Hibs players I have seen who played at the top of their game and were a match for anyone I would say-
Gordon Smith
Bobby Johnstone
Lawrie Reilly
Joe Baker
Willie Hamilton.

Fair shout.

silverhibee
04-08-2015, 04:36 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/derek-riordan-to-play-for-brechin-in-bounce-game-1-3849081

Greencore
04-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Wonder if he could do a job for us as a coach... Probably not... Good luck to him...

Billy Whizz
04-08-2015, 05:53 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/derek-riordan-to-play-for-brechin-in-bounce-game-1-3849081

Good luck

Sammy7nil
04-08-2015, 06:41 PM
If he did not get sent off A lex Edwards

Scorrie
04-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Good luck

Aye. Hope he has a good match and gets playing this season. Cracking player

Bad Martini
05-08-2015, 12:34 PM
Riordan done more for Hibs than many of those compared to him on this thread with (much of the time) and very much less thanks.

Add to that the haters and apparent Hibs supporters who loved nothing better than to report his every move, dis his lack of "tackling ability" (even though he battered in ****loads of goals with ****loads of assists, often from **** all) and I am surprised the laddie had any confidence at all.

The move to celtic was done to death and I am still of the opinion St Tony of Mowbray (who left us in the ****, a few days before a derby match) had plenty to do with that move and his need to evaluate our top scorer and best player...but, thats done.

This chat of legends and class and groups A and B etc. Hmm, well the entire Famous Five are in a class of their own as is Pat Stanton. No doubt. No discussion or debate needed on that and that was FOR Hibs - not some other clubs in Europe or England. Therefore, I am sure they are all legends and surely nobody would dispute?

Add to that a peppering of other players down the years who done it for/whilst at Hibs and we are probably still agreed. Was Best a better player than some of our legends? Probably...undoubtedly. For Hibs? Nope. Couldnt be arsed. Simple. Sauzee could be arsed but wasnt here long enough. Shabbily treated and we've no seen him since...fair dues, I'd be pissed off too though Im not dewy eyed for his departure either. Done, dusted.

As for some of the other names mentioned on this thread. They must have replaced the cleaning agents in the water supply with some strange narcotics :greengrin

Anyways, back to Riordan. Top player. Top goalscorer. Top Hibby.

ENDOF

southsider
05-08-2015, 01:15 PM

Gordon Smith
Bobby Johnstone
Lawrie Reilly
Joe Baker
Willie Hamilton.

Pat....a Rolls Royce of a player.

EVENTUALLY
05-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Riordan done more for Hibs than many of those compared to him on this thread with (much of the time) and very much less thanks.

Add to that the haters and apparent Hibs supporters who loved nothing better than to report his every move, dis his lack of "tackling ability" (even though he battered in ****loads of goals with ****loads of assists, often from **** all) and I am surprised the laddie had any confidence at all.

The move to celtic was done to death and I am still of the opinion St Tony of Mowbray (who left us in the ****, a few days before a derby match) had plenty to do with that move and his need to evaluate our top scorer and best player...but, thats done.

This chat of legends and class and groups A and B etc. Hmm, well the entire Famous Five are in a class of their own as is Pat Stanton. No doubt. No discussion or debate needed on that and that was FOR Hibs - not some other clubs in Europe or England. Therefore, I am sure they are all legends and surely nobody would dispute?

Add to that a peppering of other players down the years who done it for/whilst at Hibs and we are probably still agreed. Was Best a better player than some of our legends? Probably...undoubtedly. For Hibs? Nope. Couldnt be arsed. Simple. Sauzee could be arsed but wasnt here long enough. Shabbily treated and we've no seen him since...fair dues, I'd be pissed off too though Im not dewy eyed for his departure either. Done, dusted.

As for some of the other names mentioned on this thread. They must have replaced the cleaning agents in the water supply with some strange narcotics :greengrin

Anyways, back to Riordan. Top player. Top goalscorer. Top Hibby.

ENDOF
100% Spot on. I miss him terribly.

silverhibee
05-08-2015, 11:04 PM
Aye. Hope he has a good match and gets playing this season. Cracking player

He played in the hole for Brechin and done very well, some of his link up play and range of passing was as good as you could get from him, played more as a play maker rather than as a striker but when the chance arose he would get his shots away, worked the goalie a few times and one shot from him brought out a top save from the Falkirk goalie, played the 90 minutes and felt fine after the game.

He is doing all he can to get a club, out running each day on his own, doing the gym, and he tries his best to get that sharpness in training and in bounce games while he trains with Brechin.

He spoke with Alex Smith after the game, and he was saying he can't believe clubs aren't taking a chance on him, he told Derek that he was very good in the game that he had just played in.

It was a very enjoyable game to watch with two teams (Under 20s) playing some great football with the ball being played on the ground and not one hoof in sight during the whole game, me and my nephew left the game saying how good a game of football we had just watched from two very good young teams. :aok:

SteveHFC
05-08-2015, 11:10 PM
He played in the hole for Brechin and done very well, some of his link up play and range of passing was as good as you could get from him, played more as a play maker rather than as a striker but when the chance arose he would get his shots away, worked the goalie a few times and one shot from him brought out a top save from the Falkirk goalie, played the 90 minutes and felt fine after the game.

He is doing all he can to get a club, out running each day on his own, doing the gym, and he tries his best to get that sharpness in training and in bounce games while he trains with Brechin.

He spoke with Alex Smith after the game, and he was saying he can't believe clubs aren't taking a chance on him, he told Derek that he was very good in the game that he had just played in.

It was a very enjoyable game to watch with two teams (Under 20s) playing some great football with the ball being played on the ground and not one hoof in sight during the whole game, me and my nephew left the game saying how good a game of football we had just watched from two very good young teams. :aok:
http://87804c6124014826b3ef-3d214fd474cd2df9cdee1b4ee2b1a895.r73.cf2.rackcdn.c om/753309.jpg

The_Exile
05-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Loved the laddie, still do, always will, most of my happiest memories in the stands involved him doing something remarkable. If he wasn't on the park he'd have been in the stands with the rest of us cheering every goal. Met him a couple of times in town, every time an absolute gent who loved talking Hibs and had time for every fan that wanted to talk. Whatever or wherever you end up Deek, you have my best wishes.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-08-2015, 11:15 PM

Good stuff mate [emoji106]

bill the hibby
05-08-2015, 11:53 PM
Loved Riordan, he will be in years to come, a hibs legend.

andrew70
06-08-2015, 12:32 AM

Has he thought about coaching or does he believe he can get another 2 or 3 years out of playing first. Striker coach would be good, I'd imagine?

Hibeesmad
06-08-2015, 01:18 AM
One of my all time favourite Hibs players, legend

Alfred E Newman
06-08-2015, 08:44 AM
Might be worth bringing him back just to take the corners!!

MrRobot
06-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Loved Riordan, he will be in years to come, a hibs legend.

Already is to me.

cmcd
06-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Already is to me.

The famous five are legends as are Tornadoes Joe Baker Willie Neil Martin Joe Mcbride Snr among others Derek Riordan No not for me Met him at East fife Nice guy Legend no

brog
06-08-2015, 10:46 AM
I was lucky enough to be back in Edinburgh a few years back when Derek scored all 3 in a 3-0 win over Killie, possibly his only Hibs hat-trick? The 2nd goal was superb, receiving the ball at edge of box & surrounded by defenders Derek couldn't really swing at the ball. Instead his back lift was no more than a foot & he gently rolled the ball about 1 inch beyond the keeper's fingers & into the corner. Just a magnificent goal & one of which Gerd Muller would have been proud. In all my time watching Hibs, Derek is 2nd only to the great Joe Baker in terms of natural goal scoring ability. A superb footballer!

superfurryhibby
06-08-2015, 11:40 AM
The famous five are legends as are Tornadoes Joe Baker Willie Neil Martin Joe Mcbride Snr among others Derek Riordan No not for me Met him at East fife Nice guy Legend no

Mc Bride played two seasons, did well but is hardly a legend . Deek is one of our own and managed more than a hundted goals. It'll be s long time before anyone else does that. He is an all time great end of!

cmcd
06-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Mc Bride played two seasons, did well but is hardly a legend . Deek is one of our own and managed more than a hundted goals. It'll be s long time before anyone else does that. He is an all time great end of!

What I'm saying is i would rather have any of them in my team Yes he scored 100 goals but if you were to look at goals to games ratio you can't look past Smith Baker and Martin OPINIONS

Billy Whizz
06-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Might be worth bringing him back just to take the corners!!

And the free kicks

JJP
06-08-2015, 11:46 PM
Hope he gets a club sorted soon. If he does might even make the effort to go and watch a game. Best of luck Deek:aok:

WellingtonHibby
07-08-2015, 12:03 AM
And the free kicks

Nah, for every 1 brilliant free kick, he would put 15 into the wall/stand.

flash
07-08-2015, 05:50 AM

Hopefully he gets playing. Best finisher i have ever seen.

The Leith Dutch
07-08-2015, 06:27 AM
I can understand that most people wouldn't want him back at the club for many reasons and completely agree with that stance.
I can also understand that his dressing room attitude and George St antics count against him when considered against the Hibs legends.

But on pure attacking footballing terms there is surely nothing to debate?

104 goals in 269 appearances
10th on our all time scorer list
7th on all time league goals

Derek Riordan is one of our all time great players no?

hibbypostie
07-08-2015, 06:33 AM
i can understand that most people wouldn't want him back at the club for many reasons and completely agree with that stance.
I can also understand that his dressing room attitude and george st antics count against him when considered against the hibs legends.

But on pure attacking footballing terms there is surely nothing to debate?

104 goals in 269 appearances
10th on our all time scorer list
7th on all time league goals

derek riordan is one of our all time great players no?

like~http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

RoYO!
07-08-2015, 06:46 AM
The raker past craig Gordon at ER is one of prob top 3 goals ive ever seen live. Hit the ball as clean as leigh but with both feet.

Keith_M
07-08-2015, 09:59 AM

Good news, Silver.

Is it now just a matter of money?

silverhibee
07-08-2015, 11:53 PM
Good news, Silver.

Is it now just a matter of money?

It's nothing to do with money, it is a club taking a chance on him and him getting back to playing football, the Blackpool manager wanted to sign him but the board blocked it, it was the same with Livingston as well, Burchill wanted him but the board wouldn't sanction it, as i say it ain;t about the money, all he can do is keep training and hopefully a club take the chance on him.

He is just training with Brechin just now, and they let him play in the bounce game the other night.

Keith_M
08-08-2015, 07:30 AM
It's nothing to do with money, it is a club taking a chance on him and him getting back to playing football, the Blackpool manager wanted to sign him but the board blocked it, it was the same with Livingston as well, Burchill wanted him but the board wouldn't sanction it, as i say it ain;t about the money, all he can do is keep training and hopefully a club take the chance on him.

He is just training with Brechin just now, and they let him play in the bounce game the other night.

I'm not sure but I think we could be at cross purposes here...

I just wondered if whether Deek now signs for Brechin is at the stage of just having to agree a wage, i.e. both parties are happy with each other otherwise.

FWIW, I think the fact that Deek has spent so much time not playing for anyone is a real waste of a talented player and would like to see him get something sorted with a club.

SunshineOnLeith
08-08-2015, 12:20 PM

Why did the boards of Blackpool and Livi block it?

Alfred E Newman
10-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Heard a rumour today from a reasonable source that Yogi might be prepared to give him a chance at ICT.

bill the hibby
10-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Heard a rumour today from a reasonable source that Yogi might be prepared to give him a chance at ICT.

Would be VERY surprised at this to be honest

Alfred E Newman
10-08-2015, 08:31 PM

So would I but I believe Yogi is struggling to bring in players and he might feel he has nothing to lose on a short deal.

Scorrie
10-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Why did the boards of Blackpool and Livi block it?

If Livi were looking to sign Deek does that mean he could do a job at Championship level 😀😀

Bostonhibby
10-08-2015, 08:51 PM
And the free kicks
[emoji106] and is he any use in a wall?

Iceman1875
10-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Derek Riordan: Modern day Hibs legend. Annoys me that he probably could still do a job for us today but I know that's another debate! Good luck Deeks!

At Easter Road we play...

hibby6270
10-08-2015, 09:29 PM
What harm would it do to take him back for this season?

It would never be a long term solution. I'm sure he'd do a turn again for us at this level. If he did half as much now as he did in his second spell with us that would still be a bonus IMO. Was mentioned earlier also, his experience and teaching the young lads at the club would help in the long run.

If nothing else, also would boost crowds I'd bet. That can't be a bad thing.

FranckSuzy
10-08-2015, 09:38 PM
Do we really have to do this every week? I love Deeks, thought he was/is a legend for Hibs but he isn't coming back :aok: Time to move on :agree:

silverhibee
10-08-2015, 10:32 PM

Posted from a poster on ICT Forum today.

ictbob
First Team Squad

+07: Player Sponsor
130 posts
Interests:caley and drinking
Posted yesterday at 8:15 PM · Report post
Derek riordan is on trial with us.

bill the hibby
10-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Posted from a poster on ICT Forum today.

ictbob
First Team Squad

+07: Player Sponsor
130 posts
Interests:caley and drinking
Posted yesterday at 8:15 PM · Report post
Derek riordan is on trial with us.

Mental

happiehibbie
11-08-2015, 08:18 AM

I was blessed by seeing Steve Archibald in a Hibs strip , did not play for long but what a striker !

happiehibbie
11-08-2015, 08:20 AM
Also If anyone knows Deek and needs a Game we could use him at the Civil Service Strollers !

Waxy
11-08-2015, 08:26 AM
I was blessed by seeing Steve Archibald in a Hibs strip , did not play for long but what a striker !Yep.He never sprinted to get back onside but a great forward fot us.

Bad Martini
11-08-2015, 01:15 PM
OK. **** it. Popularity is well overrated.

I say, bring Deek hame again.

He could score for fun in this league. Anyone telling me otherwise is either stone radge, had their eyes cut out with a blunt teaspoon or has taken to sniffing industrial sized pritt-stick whilst chewing on tomatoes freshly harvested from ***ishima :greengrin

DEEK..DEEK...DEEK...DEEK :na na::na na:

(PS I am not joking)

ENDOF

Diclonius
11-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Signed Deek for Stenhousemuir on FM, he only has 2.5 stars, scored one goal and his mood was perpetually "abysmal". 0/10 would not sign again.

Allant1981
11-08-2015, 01:43 PM
OK. **** it. Popularity is well overrated.

I say, bring Deek hame again.

He could score for fun in this league. Anyone telling me otherwise is either stone radge, had their eyes cut out with a blunt teaspoon or has taken to sniffing industrial sized pritt-stick whilst chewing on tomatoes freshly harvested from ***ishima :greengrin

DEEK..DEEK...DEEK...DEEK :na na::na na:

(PS I am not joking)

ENDOF

If he could score for fun in this league then im sure someone would have signed him long ago, guy was really good at the time but his time here has long since passed

Bad Martini
11-08-2015, 02:41 PM
If he could score for fun in this league then im sure someone would have signed him long ago, guy was really good at the time but his time here has long since passed

Really? I recall the same being said about a certain couple of players by the name of Crawford and Brewster. Both old, past it and their time here was gone.

I recall what they both done next when playing against us.

Dead balls, corners and in fact any little opening - you're telling me Riordan couldn't exploit this?

I think so. Could he play every game and be fit enough for the premier league? Dunno. Could he score for fun in this league against some teams who are part time and some who are a bawhair from being so? TFR.

However, we are unlikely to find out sadly. Mores the pity...

California-Hibs
11-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Really? I recall the same being said about a certain couple of players by the name of Crawford and Brewster. Both old, past it and their time here was gone.

Dead balls, corners and in fact any little opening - you're telling me Riordan couldn't exploit this?

I think so. Could he play every game and be fit enough for the premier league? Dunno. Could he score for fun in this league against some teams who are part time and some who are a bawhair from being so? TFR.

I'm with you mate! Pace and sharpness can be lost, but natural ability and finishing instincts last. He'd score goals for us. Free kicks alone would see him tally some up!

Iain G
11-08-2015, 03:02 PM

Keep taking them pills BM! Brewster and Crawford consistantly played games each season, Deek has hardly kicked a ball in anger for a while now and when he has its.been sporadic and he has hardly set the heather alight, time to move on and quit the wind up ;-)

Allant1981
11-08-2015, 03:54 PM

I dont know how he would play now as ive not seen him play in years, if he could do all the things you say then why is it only lower league teams looking at him? As i said before, great player when he was here but cant see him playing in a league higher than the second division now

Waxy
11-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Ok then seeing as we have a striker shortage sign him up till January and take it from there.

DJ HIBBY
11-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Ok then seeing as we have a striker shortage sign him up till January and take it from there.

Surely a pay as you play deal would work for both parties? :cb

Keith_M
11-08-2015, 04:11 PM

Funny that, because how I remember it was that Brewster only left because Dunfermline offered him silly money, at a level they couldn't possibly afford.

Hibs wanted him to stay and most Fans were gutted at losing him.

Brewster and Crawford were also regular starters for Hibs and didn't have massive breaks in their careers while trying to find a club, so the comparison is ludicrous.

Mcpakeisgod
11-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Funny that, because how I remember it was that Brewster only left because Dunfermline offered him silly money, at a level they couldn't possibly afford.

Brewster and Crawford were also regular starters for Hibs and didn't have massive breaks in their careers while trying to find a club, so the comparison is ludicrous.

This

.Sean.
11-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Personally I'd be delighted to see him sign for Inverness.

Legend.

Bad Martini
12-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Here we go again...:rolleyes:

Keep taking them pills BM! Brewster and Crawford consistantly played games each season, Deek has hardly kicked a ball in anger for a while now and when he has its.been sporadic and he has hardly set the heather alight, time to move on and quit the wind up ;-)

Not wind up. Did I say I thought Riordan could cut it week in, week out against the Premier League opponents? Truth be told, it's doubtful. However, as someone else pointed out, against lesser opposition and with THAT much skill (he never had an abundance of pace anyway), do you really believe he wouldnt chip in with more goals than some of our players?

I dont know how he would play now as ive not seen him play in years, if he could do all the things you say then why is it only lower league teams looking at him? As i said before, great player when he was here but cant see him playing in a league higher than the second division now

I dont know...however, we have signed many FAR quicker, possibly fitter and definitely younger players than Riordan and attempted to get them to play fitba and score goals over the last ten years. Being fast, fit and young doth not make a finisher.....again just MY opinion....

...stranger things have happened (and worked) :aok:

Much more likely. What would we lose? I'd go along with such a plan as being worthy of a try :agree:

Ah wait, hud on...many will pipe up and preach about the "disruptive influence/george street/etc etc" and pray tell me about the disruptive influence we have right now that most people are happy to write off if said player knuckles down and plays???

...some were and there is some truth in that. There are also plenty threads (look back if you can be arsed, I cant) on here saying both were old, past it (especially Brewster) and both suprlus to requirements. Both scored against us....

Personally I'd be delighted to see him sign for Inverness.
Legend.

Id like to see him play again. I do believe, irrespective of what anyone says, that you do not lose the ability to finish a ball. Yes you will get slower and yes you will lose fitness and eventually your mental abilities.....but finishing skills that net you a hundred plus goals, dont disappear.................

HFC 0-7
12-08-2015, 01:21 PM

Not wind up. Did I say I thought Riordan could cut it week in, week out against the Premier League opponents? Truth be told, it's doubtful. However, as someone else pointed out, against lesser opposition and with THAT much skill (he never had an abundance of pace anyway), do you really believe he wouldnt chip in with more goals than some of our players?

I dont know...however, we have signed many FAR quicker, possibly fitter and definitely younger players than Riordan and attempted to get them to play fitba and score goals over the last ten years. Being fast, fit and young doth not make a finisher.....again just MY opinion....

Much more likely. What would we lose? I'd go along with such a plan as being worthy of a try :agree:

Ah wait, hud on...many will pipe up and preach about the "disruptive influence/george street/etc etc" and pray tell me about the disruptive influence we have right now that most people are happy to write off if said player knuckles down and plays???

...some were and there is some truth in that. There are also plenty threads (look back if you can be arsed, I cant) on here saying both were old, past it (especially Brewster) and both suprlus to requirements. Both scored against us....

Id like to see him play again. I do believe, irrespective of what anyone says, that you do not lose the ability to finish a ball. Yes you will get slower and yes you will lose fitness and eventually your mental abilities.....but finishing skills that net you a hundred plus goals, dont disappear.................

Dont know why you would think he would score goals for fun in this league. In the last 4 years he has played about 34 games for 6 different clubs scoring only 5 goals. Hardly prolific! There was about a 2 year spell where only played 18 games and scored none. I loved him when he was with hibs but I think he isnt good enough for hibs now.

GreenArmyyy!
12-08-2015, 01:31 PM

I am sure Fernando Torres would strongly disagree lol.

eastmainsmsh
12-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Get him in Stubbs lol

cmcd
12-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Get him in Stubbs lol

Watched Riordan play for East Fife at end of last season and had the pleasure of meeting him after the game Came accross as a nice guy but on his performance on the park Im sorry he just did not cut it ad i'd hoped

Thecat23
12-08-2015, 03:16 PM
I was blessed by seeing Steve Archibald in a Hibs strip , did not play for long but what a striker !

I remember going to watch him as well after we signed him. As you say wasn't with us long but talent was incredible.

Aldo
12-08-2015, 04:18 PM
I remember going to watch him as well after we signed him. As you say wasn't with us long but talent was incredible.

His goal at the PBS into the Gorgie Road end had us all forgetting about being soaked in the pouring rain.

His two goals v Smellic at ER when Roughie was in goal for them.

2 moments I remember well!!

Fell out with Miller!

Eyrie
12-08-2015, 06:54 PM
His goal at the PBS into the Gorgie Road end had us all forgetting about being soaked in the pouring rain.

Fell out with Miller!

Taxi for Archibald ....

gillythehibby
12-08-2015, 10:23 PM
We aw love the Deeks. I'll settle for Rod putting the word out that Hibs are letting him train at EM jut tae get another 1000 oan the gate in anticipation of the return :wink:

stantonhibby
12-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Taxi for Archibald ....

Can remember the headline.... Miller hails Hibs, Archie hails taxi!

Paisley Hibby
13-08-2015, 07:56 AM
A pay per goal deal would be better ;)

The way I see it is, he could be the next Chic Charnley.

Thecat23
13-08-2015, 08:09 AM

Fell out with Miller!

Remember both those times as well Al. What I'd do to have a player like that in the team now!!

Aldo
13-08-2015, 08:11 AM
Remember both those times as well Al. What I'd do to have a player like that in the team now!!

Indeed TC. For all the alleged faults Milker had he did manage to attract some quality players to ER.

sixtwo
13-08-2015, 04:01 PM
I'd take him back. 100+ goals for us deserves respect and a chance even if it was just to have him around the squad. it would be great to have passionate fan in there let them know what it means to play for hibs. He would cost us buttons but his passion and experience would be invaluable!