PDA

View Full Version : How to win friends & Influence People - Delph!

stokesmessiah
17-07-2015, 03:35 PM
A week after saying he wasn't leaving, this...... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33571351

He will be popular in Birmingham.

dmc1875
17-07-2015, 03:41 PM
Wow. No loyalty in football these days. Wonder if this was sparked by Bentekes imminent departure to Liverpool?

stokesmessiah
17-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Wow. No loyalty in football these days. Wonder if this was sparked by Bentekes imminent departure to Liverpool?

My colleague just said the same, but from the i am Mr loyal speeches last week to a medical today...surely if it was about that you would at least wait until Benteke had gone? Or see what they buy with the money from the Benteke deal?

I suspect it will have more to do with wages than sporting ambition!

Hibernia&Alba
17-07-2015, 04:05 PM
What's he playing at? It was 48 hours ago when he was saying how we wanted to stay. Roaster.

easty
17-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Villa are tatties, Man City are good. I know he'd said he was staying, but you cannae blame the lad for wanting to go to Man City. A shot at winning the league, champions league football and getting to train with Aguero, Kompany and Silva, rather than Senderos, Agbonlahor and Alan Hutton.

City, though, should have made sure they held on to Milner, far better than Delph.

johnbc70
17-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Will end up another Scott Sinclair.

Hibernia&Alba
17-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Villa are tatties, Man City are good. I know he'd said he was staying, but you cannae blame the lad for wanting to go to Man City. A shot at winning the league, champions league football and getting to train with Aguero, Kompany and Silva, rather than Senderos, Agbonlahor and Alan Hutton.

City, though, should have made sure they held on to Milner, far better than Delph.

But how much playing time will he get there? He'll be another Scott Sinclair. I may be doing him a disservice here, but I'm thinking the massive pay rise he's about to get may have helped change his mind as much as potential trophies.

Pete
17-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Villa are 10/3 to go down and I can see it happening.

They've been asking for it for years now.

Hibernia&Alba
17-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Villa are 10/3 to go down and I can see it happening.

They've been asking for it for years now.

Aye, and losing Delph and Benteke will really hurt them, and they will be difficult to replace.

easty
17-07-2015, 05:38 PM
But how much playing time will he get there? He'll be another Scott Sinclair. I may be doing him a disservice here, but I'm thinking the massive pay rise he's about to get may have helped change his mind as much as potential trophies.

And if money was the decisive factor, would that be a negative thing?

Pete
17-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Aye, and losing Delph and Benteke will really hurt them, and they will be difficult to replace.

Is Vlaar not also away? All these departures coupled with a limited manager means only one thing IMO.

Hibernia&Alba
17-07-2015, 05:42 PM

If he hardly ever plays, cupidity won't reflect well upon him.

Baader
17-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Surprised by this. Can't see him getting much game time at city. Decent player but not up to the level they are aiming at I'd say..

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-07-2015, 06:20 PM

Velma Dinkley
17-07-2015, 06:24 PM
He signed a contract with a clause in January. Man city offered the cash. Villa get £8m. Everyone seems happy apart from some people who aren't affected by any of it :greengrin

hfc rd
17-07-2015, 06:27 PM
Is Vlaar not also away? All these departures coupled with a limited manager means only one thing IMO.

I'm sure he's out of contract plus Andi Weimann is away to Derby and Cleverly was playing for Everton. Villa need to start finding good players to come in or their be joining their neighbours Birmingham City in the Championship next season.

Lago
17-07-2015, 06:45 PM
I'm sure he's out of contract plus Andi Weimann is away to Derby and Cleverly was playing for Everton. Villa need to start finding good players to come in or their be joining their neighbours Birmingham City in the Championship next season.
We'll see. Great club.

KWJ
17-07-2015, 07:20 PM
He signed a contract with a clause in January. Man city offered the cash. Villa get £8m. Everyone seems happy apart from some people who aren't affected by any of it :greengrin

Ridiculously low release clause considering the over inflated value of English players.

Pete
17-07-2015, 07:23 PM
We'll see. Great club.

They are but so are many others who have sunk.

It's all about the dollar bill these days.

jacomo
17-07-2015, 08:04 PM

The U turn on a U turn is pretty bad.

At least Villa have some time to find replacements.

Sir David Gray
17-07-2015, 10:14 PM
I would be surprised if you hear from him again over the next three or four years before he's eventually deemed surplus to requirements after playing about 20 games over the course of two seasons and then he ends up somewhere like Everton or Southampton.