PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: BARTLEY AGREES TO JOIN HIBERNIAN

RSS Bot
17-07-2015, 09:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5560)

Keith_M
17-07-2015, 09:37 AM
Good news. Welcome to Hibs

My_Wife_Camille
17-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Tremendous signing. Welcome to Hibs Barclay!

Bishop Hibee
17-07-2015, 09:40 AM
No idea if he's any good but Happy to trust Stubbs. Welcome to the Mighty Cabbage!

Callum_62
17-07-2015, 09:41 AM
I arrive back to the UK from NZ on holiday after a 5.5 year absence on 24th of this month - day before the Rangers game

Im still UNDERWHELMED.

:wink:

Jokes - im buzzing to see Hibs in the flesh again - hopefully big Marv can add some steel in there

TowerHibs
17-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Loving his @dothebartman twitter handle

decent pedigree especially with playing under Eddie Howe who is renown for getting his teams playing football. No doubt some moaners on here who are underwhelmed but I think it's quite encouraging. I think there is enough evidence that we scout and know the players we are getting rather than the policy of waiting for agents to offer them or pot luck under the last 3 or 4 regimes

Pretty Boy
17-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Looks good enough to me. Bags of experience at a decent level.

Welcome to Hibs.

AL-Qaholik
17-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Welcome to Hibs, Marvin!!

Bit concerned by the wording of Stubbs' quote there though: "we WERE looking to bring in ANother midfielder" - for my money, we're still a couple of midfielders short so hope this isn't a hint that no more will be coming in...

Vault Boy
17-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Welcome, Marvin.

GreenCastle
17-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the club :aok:

We needed a defensive midfielder and I think he will fit in well.

Burnley paid around £350,000 for him a few years ago.

Would still like us to add 1 or 2 more - especially with the 5 injuries we currently have!

Golden Bear
17-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Welcome Marvin and I hope you stay clear of the new player injury curse.

Mikey09
17-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Tremendous signing. Welcome to Hibs Bartley!

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

NAE NOOKIE
17-07-2015, 10:10 AM
Welcome to Hibs Marvin http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Diclonius
17-07-2015, 10:12 AM
Good signing.

If we can get Watson and another midfielder then that's us ready for promotion. :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Welcome big fella!!

Gatecrasher
17-07-2015, 11:28 AM
welcome!

SteveHFC
17-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Seen this on another forum.

Just noticed on Twitter that you have signed Marvin Bartley. I was a Bournemouth Season Ticket holder during his spell at the club and you've just signed a top drawer player. Bartley will boss most Midfield's and is an absolute class act.

He was Eddie Howe's First signing when he left the club and went to Burnley and when he came back to Bournemouth for his 2nd spell he tried to sign him again however was allegedly told that e would have to stump up between £6-8 million for him.

Not sure what happened to Bartley after that but I do know you've just signed a guy who'll take to very very quickly and will be amongst the best Centre Midfielders not only in the Championship but in Scotland.

green.and.white
17-07-2015, 12:03 PM

Just noticed on Twitter that you have signed Marvin Bartley. I was a Bournemouth Season Ticket holder during his spell at the club and you've just signed a top drawer player. Bartley will boss most Midfield's and is an absolute class act.

He was Eddie Howe's First signing when he left the club and went to Burnley and when he came back to Bournemouth for his 2nd spell he tried to sign him again however was allegedly told that e would have to stump up between £6-8 million for him.

Not sure what happened to Bartley after that but I do know you've just signed a guy who'll take to very very quickly and will be amongst the best Centre Midfielders not only in the Championship but in Scotland.

Crikey! If he turns out to be half as good as that guy says he is, we are on to a winner!

Welcome to the club!

Great name too, sounds like a 1950s jazz musician.

The_Horde
17-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Welcome to hibs marvin.

Franck Stanton
17-07-2015, 12:11 PM
At 6' 3" will add some much needed height to our midfield, hope he likes a tackle. Anyway, in Stubbs I trust.

LichtieHibby
17-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Awe naw! Our injuries continue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvpw4hC_c8w

Keith_M
17-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Awe naw! Our injuries continue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvpw4hC_c8w

That's no funny!

:tsk tsk:

LichtieHibby
17-07-2015, 12:46 PM
That's no funny!

:tsk tsk:

Sorreee :wink:

jdships
17-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Looking at his " pedigree" he ticks a lot of boxes! :agree:
At 6ft 3in he makes a welcome addition to the defensive midfield area if nothing else !!

brog
17-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Another signing from AS that no one saw coming. Good stuff,

KWJ
17-07-2015, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the Hibees big Marv!

Tremendous twitter handle.

Asked my Bournemouth supporting mate for a low down, hopefully it's as enthusiastic as the one above.

Seen on his wiki that he forced Bournemouth into selling him to Burnley by saying he wouldn't play if the bid wasn't accepted. Not very professional but I hope he's good enough to get into that position once again.

Sounds like what we need.

Just a handful of posts here but a great sign.

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=58834

erin go bragh
17-07-2015, 03:33 PM

Where's that Daffy giff 👍

GGTTH

SouthMoroccoStu
17-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Welcome Marv

Can't wait to see what you can bring to the team

Billy Whizz
17-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Welcome Marv

Can't wait to see what you can bring to the team

Hope we see him tomorrow at some stage, not sure where he is on fitness though

monktonharp
17-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Marvelous Marvin certainly looks like a Hagler in midfield.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Still love the song that he uses as his Twitter name

Ronniekirk
17-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Marvelous Marvin certainly looks like a Hagler in midfield.

Boxing clever there :wink::take that

macd123
17-07-2015, 09:02 PM
I just hope he has the hunger :offski:

monktonharp
17-07-2015, 10:45 PM
Boxing clever there :wink::take thatas long as there is no below the belt blows, he will do well.:cb

Jim44
18-07-2015, 08:19 AM
He says that he spoke to one of his best football mates, Tom Soares :shocked: who, despite his poor spell at ER, encouraged him to make the move. I'm a bit disappointed that he did not remind us that we are a 'massive' club.

portycabbage
18-07-2015, 04:49 PM

While that's good to hear, and Bartley sounds like he'll fit the bill, I can't help but look at the bit in bold and remember football fans down south predicting that Matt Thornhill would "tear up the SPL"! :greengrin

I'm sure the Bartman will do well though, welcome to Hibs!

E10 Rifle
18-07-2015, 09:26 PM
While that's good to hear, and Bartley sounds like he'll fit the bill, I can't help but look at the bit in bold and remember football fans down south predicting that Matt Thornhill would "tear up the SPL"! :greengrin

I'm sure the Bartman will do well though, welcome to Hibs!

This Bournemouth boy won't have seen him in 2 seasons during which a lot can change. Look, he's not going to revolutionise our side but he fits the bill as to what we need very well.

drumatic44
19-07-2015, 06:32 AM
N.B. straight from the fist team coach at the Orient , " he is a big strong combative midfielder, he's a ball winner really, not the most technical, but generally wins the ball and plays it simple."
there you have it folks, the new Matty Jack .??
allez les vertes originales !!