PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Hertz Pre-season

The Pointer
16-07-2015, 10:45 PM
My lad drew my attention to the Oban Times today which contained a large spread on the annual football tournament they had there last weekend in which Hertz participated. What seems to have been missed by the national press is that, although they eventually won the tournament, they were beaten 2-1 by Oban Saints who came second, and I'm told it was a deserved scoreline.

Now I'm not au fait with many Jambo players but several were first team regulars, amongst them such as Kevin McHattie, so it wasn't quite a walkover. Also in attendance were Harry Potter, Wolf Man and Budgie but it wasn't pleasant opening the paper to see that disgusting bunch up there.

Coincidentally, I happened to be in Oban last Saturday with my daughter and we just about freaked when we saw the 'Only Jambo in the Village' from my place wearing his dark red jacket not realising what was on. Close encounters....

GGTTTH

hibees 7062
16-07-2015, 11:22 PM
My lad drew my attention to the Oban Times today which contained a large spread on the annual football tournament they had there last weekend in which Hertz participated. What seems to have been missed by the national press is that, although they eventually won the tournament, they were beaten 2-1 by Oban Saints who came second, and I'm told it was a deserved scoreline.

Now I'm not au fait with many Jambo players but several were first team regulars, amongst them such as Kevin McHattie, so it wasn't quite a walkover. Also in attendance were Harry Potter, Wolf Man and Budgie but it wasn't pleasant opening the paper to see that disgusting bunch up there.

Coincidentally, I happened to be in Oban last Saturday with my daughter and we just about freaked when we saw the 'Only Jambo in the Village' from my place wearing his dark red jacket not realising what was on. Close encounters....

GGTTH

Every village has got one . There's another name for them aswell

Pete
17-07-2015, 04:18 AM
Bottom line is that they are a top division team so they can do what they like on the park as far as I'm concerned. It won't effect us in any way and this is one year we certainly can't criticise them as they are preparing for different opposition and are moving in different circles. We can talk all we want about their results but they have the easiest comeback in the world for next season...we aren't there and therefore can't gauge how we would fare against their opposition.

Frustrating, as I believe we are now good enough to be a top half team. I'm absolutely gagging to get them in a cup. :take that It will be the only way to shut them up and it would be great for both sets of fans.

Scouse Hibee
17-07-2015, 07:36 AM

GGTTTH

Errrr and your point is regarding this massively important defeat in a pre season tourney that they won?

Billy Whizz
17-07-2015, 07:41 AM
They've played some amount of friendlies already!

CallumLaidlaw
17-07-2015, 07:52 AM

GGTTTH

All the games in that tournament were only 30 minutes long.