PDA

View Full Version : Craig Returns to Saints

HibbyHutt
16-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Just noticed this article on social media:

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=3663

I wish him all the best and hope he can return to his best form (especially against Them).

jabis
16-07-2015, 09:25 PM
All the best to him,good guy!

Scottie
16-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Here here.wish LC all the best and thank him for his efforts whilst at Hibernian.

Jim44
16-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Good for him. Landed on his feet in a league I wish we were in.

jacomo
16-07-2015, 09:31 PM
All the best to him,good guy!

:agree:

Hibernia&Alba
16-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Here here.wish LC all the best and thank him for his efforts whilst at Hibernian.

Exactly

Vault Boy
16-07-2015, 09:37 PM
I didn't rate him particularly highly in his time here, I thought he did okay for us. However, I definitely thought him to be a whole lot better than what was spouted by those who gave him some real hell from the stands and on outlets like .net. Most importantly he can leave here with the up most of respect and dignity, with some of the horrid abuse that was directed his way over the two years he never once misrepresented the club, retaliated to individuals or slandered the support. It would have been very easy to walk away from the club after the disastrous tenure of Butcher, but Liam stuck by us and I'm glad he did because he put in a lot of good work last season. Best of luck in your future endeavors Liam, thank you for your efforts.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-07-2015, 09:40 PM
All the best ginge! Thanks for your efforts!

Sir David Gray
16-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Not surprised he's back in the Premiership.

Also wouldn't surprise me if he's their player of the season.

Good luck to him and I hope he scores a hat trick the next time St Johnstone play Hearts.

Tyler Durden
16-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Good luck to him but hopefully we can avoid a thread on here every time he scores a goal. Good player but very average for Hibs, not for the want of trying though.

lucky
16-07-2015, 10:38 PM
He was a dam sight better player than a lot gave him credit for.

Pete
16-07-2015, 10:50 PM
Good luck to him but hopefully we can avoid a thread on here every time he scores a goal

There will be a thread every time he makes a decent pass.

The Harp
16-07-2015, 11:14 PM
Sorry things didn't work out as well for him at ER as I, for one, expected. He's an honorable guy IMO and remains complimentary about Hibs in the interviews I've heard.
All the best Liam, hope it works out well for you

Big_Franck
16-07-2015, 11:18 PM
He was a dam sight better player than a lot gave him credit for.

In his second season I'd agree. I thought we were generally a better team when Liam Craig started for us last year.

Best of luck to him as he appeared to be very professional and gave his all.

easty
17-07-2015, 06:30 AM
I wish him all the best, wish he'd performed better when he was here though, and I'm no disappointed he's gone.

Danderhall Hibs
17-07-2015, 06:41 AM

Initially maybe but it soon wears off - remember the burst of threads when Wotherspoon scored a goal in pre season? Barely heard of him since.

Eyrie
17-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Good player, but for whatever reason Craig wasn't able to produce that form consistently for us. Conducted himself with class despite the boo boys, so I'll wish him well except if he's playing us.

SON OF PADDY
17-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Sorry things didn't work out as well for him at ER as I, for one, expected. He's an honorable guy IMO and remains complimentary about Hibs in the interviews I've heard.
All the best Liam, hope it works out well for you

Glad that he got himself sorted out with a new club,
I've nothing but respect for the man.

SquashedFrogg
17-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Initially maybe but it soon wears off - remember the burst of threads when Wotherspoon scored a goal in pre season? Barely heard of him since.

That'll be the Scottish cup winning Wotherspoon? :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
17-07-2015, 06:05 PM
That'll be the Scottish cup winning Wotherspoon? :agree:

It's certainly the Wotherspoon that played for St Johnstone when they won the cup.

Same serial cup loser that was at ER as well.

Lago
17-07-2015, 06:09 PM
:confused:

givescotlandfreedom
17-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Nice guy and passionate whether getting a game or not. Hope he and Spoony succeed.

Lago
17-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Nice guy and passionate whether getting a game or not. Hope he and Spoony succeed.
:top marks

Squealing pig
17-07-2015, 08:52 PM
All the best a model pro

superfurryhibby
17-07-2015, 08:59 PM
It's certainly the Wotherspoon that played for St Johnstone when they won the cup.

Same serial cup loser that was at ER as well.

The same Spoony that was bumped in both finals?

Good for Craig that he got a decent move. Given his track record with the Saints first time around, He'll probably do well for them.

liamh2202
17-07-2015, 09:02 PM

Good for Craig that he got a decent move. Given his track record with the Saints first time around, He'll probably do well for them.

Yeah good luck to both of them

Jones28
17-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Best of luck to the berwickshire boy - from the same village as my fiancé as well. Much better for us than most have given him credit for.

Danderhall Hibs
18-07-2015, 12:20 AM

Yip the same one that couldn't hold down a place in those teams.

Onceinawhile
18-07-2015, 12:33 AM
hope he fails miserably.:agree::agree:

Coward.

YehButNoBut
18-07-2015, 01:11 PM
A good interview with Liam in the DR

Liam Craig: Hibs will beat Rangers and join me in the top flight next season

LIAM CRAIG is tipping 
Hibs to pip Rangers to the Championship title and follow him back to the Premiership big time.

The former Easter Road captain will be playing in the top flight this season after sealing a return to old club St Johnstone.

But he was gutted when his two-year spell in Leith came to an end as he reckons the Hibees are on the up under Alan Stubbs.

So he’s backing the Easter Road men to join Saints in the top league next term.

Craig said: “When Alan and his staff came in we had a great season and I was disappointed to leave.

“I felt Hibs had a real chance of winning the Championship this season. I still feel that way.

“They are in the best 
position to go up. Hibs were brilliant to me and I wish them well. They looked after me and my family.

“They are better placed than Rangers to win the title. Rangers right now are in a similar position to Hibs 12 months ago.

“But Hibs have kept the majority of the squad together and are bringing in quality. The manager will have learned a lot from last season as well.

“I know Rangers will add more players to the squad before the season starts but they have to blend.

“It will be a tough league and I don’t think anyone will do a Hearts and run away with the title.”

When Craig left Perth to head to the capital two years ago he though he was moving up in the world.

But the Hibees then hit a slump after Terry Butcher replaced Pat Fenlon and ended up being relegated as Saints went on to win the Scottish Cup.

Craig, though, harbours no regrets about the move.

He said: “The Saints chairman Steve Brown asked why I went to Hibs. But I told him I don’t regret the decision for a minute.

“We were fifth in the league when Pat Fenlon left and no one could have envisaged the freefall.

“It was the lowest point of my career by a long way.

“But it is an unbelievable club and to captain Hibs is one of the highlights of my career. I also scored the only hat-trick of my career there and netted the winner in the Edinburgh derby so there are good memories too.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liam-craig-hibs-beat-rangers-6091305

Spike Mandela
18-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Despite him saying he has no regrets he picked the worst time ever to leave St Johnstone.

Playing week in week out for St J, scoring regularly and a pivotal player in the team he has missed out on a Scottish cup win, European competition and consistent top six finishes.

Instead he's played in a dreadful Hibs team with dreadful managers and a host of dreadful results leading to relegation and he had to shoulder the burden of being the captain at this time and all the abuse that went along with that.

Je ne regrette rien......NOT!

stantonhibby
18-07-2015, 03:27 PM

Coward.

Classy

bigwheel
18-07-2015, 04:18 PM

Coward.

the thing I love about these types of post, is that it reflects much more on the poster, than those they try to abuse....

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2015, 05:36 PM
the thing I love about these types of post, is that it reflects much more on the poster, than those they try to abuse....

Agreed, if only they realised that.

Pete
18-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Coward.

He was anything but.

ballengeich
19-07-2015, 08:56 AM
Good luck to him. As things stand our midfield squad for the coming season would look stronger if he were still with us.

Sir David Gray
19-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but I saw Liam Craig outside the stadium after the game yesterday talking to Sam Stanton a couple of others.

Not sure if he was actually at the game but I would assume that he was.

Golden Bear
19-07-2015, 11:40 AM
Best wishes for the future Liam. Some of the abuse you had to endure was way over the top and in most instances unjustified.

J-C
19-07-2015, 11:43 AM

Coward.

This the same coward that with Thomson stood up to Butcher and Malpas and for his trouble got punted to the bench for a good number of games, while watching his team get beat and was unable to do a thing about it. :confused:

DH1875
19-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Despite him saying he has no regrets he picked the worst time ever to leave St Johnstone.

Playing week in week out for St J, scoring regularly and a pivotal player in the team he has missed out on a Scottish cup win, European competition and consistent top six finishes.

Instead he's played in a dreadful Hibs team with dreadful managers and a host of dreadful results leading to relegation and he had to shoulder the burden of being the captain at this time and all the abuse that went along with that.

Je ne regrette rien......NOT!

Is he not a Hibs fan? If so, chance to sign for your boyhood club, on a lot more wages and to become captain. No brainer for me. Course it all went pete tong from there but none of us can see into the future.

HappyHibby93
19-07-2015, 03:00 PM
I didn't rate him particularly highly in his time here, I thought he did okay for us. However, I definitely thought him to be a whole lot better than what was spouted by those who gave him some real hell from the stands and on outlets like .net. Most importantly he can leave here with the up most of respect and dignity, with some of the horrid abuse that was directed his way over the two years he never once misrepresented the club, retaliated to individuals or slandered the support. It would have been very easy to walk away from the club after the disastrous tenure of Butcher, but Liam stuck by us and I'm glad he did because he put in a lot of good work last season. Best of luck in your future endeavors Liam, thank you for your efforts.

Spot on mate. LC was far from the best player any of us have seen at ER, but he represented us well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
19-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Is he not a Hibs fan? If so, chance to sign for your boyhood club, on a lot more wages and to become captain. No brainer for me. Course it all went pete tong from there but none of us can see into the future.

Is he? Didn't know that.

Stevie Reid
19-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Wish him all the best. I really didn't see his transfer not working out, was delighted when we signed him - always looked good when I saw him, and always played well (and usually scored) against us.

I remember him playing for St. Johnstone at ER shortly after he signed the pre-contract with us - they beat us 3-1 and he was superb. I'm sure he will be again for them.

Nice article and quotes from him in the DR.

Waxy
19-07-2015, 08:25 PM
All the best to LC.

Unseen work
19-07-2015, 08:47 PM

Coward.

Coming from the guy posting from his keyboard. Probably slate him all the time then when you see him go running up to him asking for a photo.

I wasn't his biggest admirer but he was certainly not a coward

20-07-2015, 05:05 PM
I quite like Liam Craig I must admit. Not the best player in the team by any means but thought some of the criticism he got was unfair.

Good luck to him.

20-07-2015, 05:08 PM

Coward.

Wow how classy of you :rolleyes:

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 06:06 PM
What's the obsession with being classy on here? Liam Craig was ***** and is right up there with McGivern, Collins, Vine, Haynes, Butcher, Malpas and Petrie for being responsible for the club being where it is now.

emerald green
20-07-2015, 06:16 PM
What's the obsession with being classy on here? Liam Craig was ***** and is right up there with McGivern, Collins, Vine, Haynes, Butcher, Malpas and Petrie for being responsible for the club being where it is now.

Craig wasn't the greatest player I've ever seen at ER, but to call him *****, and compare him with the likes of McGivern, Vine, & Haines is complete nonsense.

In fact, he was so ***** he has now signed for a club playing in a higher league than the one he has just left. But you are probably a better judge of a football player than the current St Johnstone coaching staff.

SquashedFrogg
20-07-2015, 06:21 PM

:aok:

I'm not advocating that he was our greatest ever player but find it harsh for people to slaughter the lad. Glad he's went and won a cup and wish Craig all the best.

Someone called Craig a coward. Astonishing. It really is.

SquashedFrogg
20-07-2015, 06:22 PM
Craig wasn't the greatest player I've ever seen at ER, but to call him *****, and compare him with the likes of McGivern, Vine, & Haines is complete nonsense.

In fact, he was so ***** he has now signed for a club playing in a higher league than the one he has just left. But you are probably a better judge of a football player than the current St Johnstone coaching staff.

This

jacomo
20-07-2015, 06:27 PM

Post of the year. For all the wrong reasons.

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 06:37 PM

Nope, don't buy it. The only reason I can think that some fans are giving Liam Craig a bit of an easier time than those other losers is because he stayed last year and had a couple of half decent games against part time teams and gained some sort of redemption.

He was a poor signing for us and his entire Hibernian career will always be synonymous with failure. From the Malmo game to relegation to failure get promoted. A couple of decent games and an admittedly good attitude will not change that. He was club captain for two seasons, both of which ending with us playing Championship football. He wasn't solely to blame, but he was every much to blame as the people I meant ironed earlier.

And by the way, Paul Heffernan, Isaiah Osbourne and Matt Doherty all left Hibs to play at a higher level. I didn't give a **** about them either.

Iggy Pope
20-07-2015, 06:39 PM

Coward.

He'd take you in a square go I've no doubt.

bigwheel
20-07-2015, 06:39 PM

No he isn't...and your comments are demeaning of the man...

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 06:51 PM
No he isn't...and your comments are demeaning of the man...
The man was demeaning of Hibernian football club.

To all the people telling me that I'm talking rubbish, go an have a read of the threads about Liam Craig from this time last year where the vast majority were in agreement with me.

Then tell me what it was about his performances in the Scottish Championship that make you think he deserves such redemption? FFS he was the club captain and couldn't even get a game in the Scottish Championship when we had a full strength squad!

Hes not a player this club will ever miss

QMU-1875
20-07-2015, 06:59 PM

To all the people telling me that I'm talking rubbish, go an have a read of the threads about Liam Craig from this time last year where the vast majority were in agreement with me.

Then tell me what it was about his performances in the Scottish Championship that make you think he deserves such redemption? FFS he was the club captain and couldn't even get a game in the Scottish Championship when we had a full strength squad!

This. He couldn't get a game for us in the championship. He played ok in the last couple games he played in and was at fault alongside Stevenson for the rangers first goal at ibrox yet somehow leaves with a love in? He was mince.

bigwheel
20-07-2015, 07:08 PM

I'd rather have him as a player than you as a supporter

SquashedFrogg
20-07-2015, 07:10 PM

Possibly not, by why was he demeaning of our club?

For me he acted with great decorum, praised the club whenever he was interviewed and acted nothing but 100% professional.

bigwheel
20-07-2015, 07:12 PM

For me he acted with great decorum, praised the club whenever he was interviewed and acted nothing but 100% professional.

100% this

Iggy Pope
20-07-2015, 07:16 PM
Simple question this.
I've seen plenty punted for vociferously standing their ground, rightly or wrongly.
But accusing a club captain of demeaning the club?
Heinous.

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 07:17 PM
I'd rather have him as a player than you as a supporter
Typical shan response from someone who would rather make comments about the poster than the post.

To be honest, it was just a stupid response to an equally stupid post.

As I've said on many occasions, off the pitch Liam Craig had a great attitude and always came across in a good professional manner. Just a shame that on the pitch he had about as much composure as Luis Suarez at the MOBOS

Iggy Pope
20-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Typical shan response from someone who would rather make comments about the poster than the post.

As I've said on many occasions, off the pitch Liam Craig had a great attitude and always came across in a good professional manner. Just a shame that on the pitch he had about as much composure as Luis Suarez at the MOBOS

You are Frankie Boyle and I claim my fiver.

emerald green
20-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Nope, don't buy it. The only reason I can think that some fans are giving Liam Craig a bit of an easier time than those other losers is because he stayed last year and had a couple of half decent games against part time teams and gained some sort of redemption.

He was a poor signing for us and his entire Hibernian career will always be synonymous with failure. From the Malmo game to relegation to failure get promoted. A couple of decent games and an admittedly good attitude will not change that. He was club captain for two seasons, both of which ending with us playing Championship football. He wasn't solely to blame, but he was every much to blame as the people I meant ironed earlier.

And by the way, Paul Heffernan, Isaiah Osbourne and Matt Doherty all left Hibs to play at a higher level. I didn't give a **** about them either.

You don't buy it because you don't want to I would suggest. The reason some "fans" are giving Liam Craig an "easier time", as you put it, is because they probably know he wasn't as bad as some of those others you bracketed him with.

You are being selective, and allowing your anti-Craig agenda cloud your judgement when you talk about "a couple of half decent games against part time teams". You don't mention, for example, the excellent goal Craig scored in the 4-0 hammering of The Rangers. Or when he had the bottle to step up and score with the penalty to win a New Year derby against Hearts. To pin the Malmo debacle and failure to get promotion on Craig is just daft.

If Craig wasn't solely to blame for Hibs decline over several seasons (the decline started before Craig even signed for the club) why single Craig out? The blame and reasons for Hibs ending up being relegated lies elsewhere, and goes far deeper than just Liam Craig. If Hibs fail to get promotion this season who will you blame then? Alan Stubbs? Scott Allan? David Gray (new club captain)?

You may not have given a **** about those other players you mention, but I'm not sure what relevance that has to the fact that Craig has gone on to also play at a higher level. Presumably you must think the St Johnstone coaching staff and their Board's judgement is **** too, and that you know better? I suspect that you do.

cabbageandribs1875
20-07-2015, 07:21 PM

stop this nonsense

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Simple question this.
I've seen plenty punted for vociferously standing their ground, rightly or wrongly.
But accusing a club captain of demeaning the club?
Heinous.

heinous
ˈheɪnəs,ˈhiːnəs/
adjective

(of a person or wrongful act, especially a crime) utterly odious or wicked

Aye my post was truly wicked! :aok:

This is place never fails to crack me up!

Iggy Pope
20-07-2015, 07:27 PM
heinous
ˈheɪnəs,ˈhiːnəs/
adjective

(of a person or wrongful act, especially a crime) utterly odious or wicked

Aye my post was truly wicked! :aok:

This is place never fails to crack me up!

Well, you've taken the trouble to look it up so credit for that.

bigwheel
20-07-2015, 07:28 PM

You've made a series of spiteful, perhaps even hate filled, comments about Liam Craig. They tell me more about you than your views on football....they are not comfortable to read....very disrespectful of the man, let alone the player...

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 07:33 PM
You don't buy it because you don't want to I would suggest. The reason some "fans" are giving Liam Craig an "easier time", as you put it, is because they probably know he wasn't as bad as some of those others you bracketed him with.

You are being selective, and allowing your anti-Craig agenda cloud your judgement when you talk about "a couple of half decent games against part time teams". You don't mention, for example, the excellent goal Craig scored in the 4-0 hammering of The Rangers. Or when he had the bottle to step up and score with the penalty to win a New Year derby against Hearts. To pin the Malmo debacle and failure to get promotion on Craig is just daft.

Actually, that's where you're wrong. I have on more than one occasion praised Liam for his performances against Rangers, Alloa and Dumbarton last season. I also thought he was man of the match against Falkirk in the 3-0 game in May.

As as for the Hearts game, James Collins also scored in that game and my thoughts on him are much the same as my thoughts on Liam Craig. Remember Brian Kerr also scored a winner in a Derby. He was crap too.

Craig wasn't solely to blame for Hibs decline over several seasons (the decline started before Craig even signed for the club) why single Craig out? The blame and reasons for Hibs ending up being relegated lies elsewhere, and goes far deeper than just Liam Craig. If Hibs fail to get promotion this season who will you blame then? Alan Stubbs? Scott Allan? David Gray (new club captain)?

You may not have given a **** about those other players you mention, but I'm not sure what relevance that has to the fact that Craig has gone on to also play at a higher level. Presumably you must think the St Johnstone coaching staff and their Board's judgement is **** too, and that you know better? I suspect that you do.
The reason I'm singling Craig out is because this thread is about Liam Craig. Start a thread about Ryan McGivern and I'll post my thoughts about him there. I have never blamed Liam Craig as the sole reason for relegation, in fact I made a specific point in doing the opposite. I do however blame him as much as the other people at the club (both playing and non playing) who were responsible for us going down.

As for your last point, the relevance is that just because a player goes on to play at a higher level, doesn't mean they are any good. Just look at Nicklas Bendtner!

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 07:38 PM
You've made a series of spiteful, perhaps even hate filled, comments about Liam Craig. They tell me more about you than your views on football....they are not comfortable to read....very disrespectful of the man, let alone the player...
Hate filled! Heinous! What is wrong with you people?

On this thread I've clearly praised Liam as a man. I agree that he acted professionally and has a good attitude. I just think he's a poor footballer and I'm glad he's gone.

I would argue that the personal comments made towards me on this thread are much worse than anything I've said about Liam Craig.

Iggy Pope
20-07-2015, 07:46 PM

On this thread I've clearly praised Liam as a man. I agree that he acted professionally and has a good attitude. I just think he's a poor footballer and I'm glad he's gone.

I would argue that the personal comments made towards me on this thread are much worse than anything I've said about Liam Craig.

To be fair, you're right. But I only levelled heinous at you and I think that's fair too.Man captained the side.
Moreso, I reckon he'll take Antwerp Hibs in a squarey.

SquashedFrogg
20-07-2015, 07:49 PM

:faf:

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 07:50 PM
To be fair, you're right. But I only levelled heinous at you and I think that's fair too.Man captained the side.
Moreso, I reckon he'll take Antwerp Hibs in a squarey.
I know man but come on, 'heinous' :greengrin My comment (which I also admitted was just a daft response to a daft post) was hardly wicked or odious! You'd think by some of the posts on here that I'd wished death and famine upon him and his family as opposed to stating my opinion that he's a crap footballer!

At least I never went as low as to say that I hoped his career failed like someone else :hilarious

The_Horde
20-07-2015, 08:04 PM

Watch yourself pal. You'll get called a troll or a yam for being negative, and if it gets really bad you might end up on the ignore list.

SaulGoodman
20-07-2015, 08:11 PM
This is going the same way as the Patrick Cregg thread. Some people can't help themselves.

emerald green
20-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Actually, that's where you're wrong. I have on more than one occasion praised Liam for his performances against Rangers, Alloa and Dumbarton last season. I also thought he was man of the match against Falkirk in the 3-0 game in May.

As as for the Hearts game, James Collins also scored in that game and my thoughts on him are much the same as my thoughts on Liam Craig. Remember Brian Kerr also scored a winner in a Derby. He was crap too.

The reason I'm singling Craig out is because this thread is about Liam Craig. Start a thread about Ryan McGivern and I'll post my thoughts about him there. I have never blamed Liam Craig as the sole reason for relegation, in fact I made a specific point in doing the opposite. I do however blame him as much as the other people at the club (both playing and non playing) who were responsible for us going down.

As for your last point, the relevance is that just because a player goes on to play at a higher level, doesn't mean they are any good. Just look at Nicklas Bendtner!

You say you praised him "on more than one occasion for various performances", and also he was man of the match against Falkirk, yet you also say "he was crap too".

Furthermore, one of your earlier posts said "he stayed last year and had a couple of decent games against part time teams and gained some sort of redemption." That's a bit different to your latest post IMO.

When a footballer moves to play at a higher level, actually it does usually mean he is "any good". Not always, I'll agree with you there.

You say you have "praised Liam as a man". Does that include referring to him previously as a "loser", and "the man was demeaning of Hibernian FC". That's high praise indeed! Again you appear to be changing your tune.

Time to call it a day on this one I think. We are never going to agree completely.

As I've said on previous posts Liam Craig wasn't the best player I've seen at ER. Not by a million miles. But nowhere near the worst. I just think some of the criticism he has received is OTT.

HappyHanlon
20-07-2015, 08:20 PM
He had a good first few months, scoring a fair few iirc. Confidence went when Butcher got his claws into him.

He should have been emptied with the rest of the miscreants that got us relegated by not trying a leg in the 2nd half of the season.

He had 2 good games for us last season but other than that he was mince and not worthy of a new deal.

His attitude after the 2nd leg against Hamilton was disgraceful as well.

SquashedFrogg
20-07-2015, 08:21 PM
This is going the same way as the Patrick Cregg thread. Some people can't help themselves.

Agreed. Scary stuff.

SquashedFrogg
20-07-2015, 08:24 PM
He had a good first few months, scoring a fair few iirc. Confidence went when Butcher got his claws into him.

He should have been emptied with the rest of the miscreants that got us relegated by not trying a leg in the 2nd half of the season.

He had 2 good games for us last season but other than that he was mince and not worthy of a new deal.

His attitude after the 2nd leg against Hamilton was disgraceful as well.

Loses will to live....

People need to take stock here and ask themselves some real questions about football

HappyHanlon
20-07-2015, 08:29 PM
Oh behave, he's got a level of responsibility when he pulls on the armband. He came stoating out the side of the FF like he didn't give a flying one.

SquashedFrogg
20-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Oh behave, he's got a level of responsibility when he pulls on the armband. He came stoating out the side of the FF like he didn't give a flying one.

and burned his scarf and saluted the Yams?

Nonsense....

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 08:38 PM
You say you praised him "on more than one occasion for various performances", and also he was man of the match against Falkirk, yet you also say "he was crap too".

Furthermore, one of your earlier posts said "he stayed last year and had a couple of decent games against part time teams and gained some sort of redemption." That's a bit different to your latest post IMO.

When a footballer moves to play at a higher level, actually it does usually mean he is "any good". Not always, I'll agree with you there.

You say you have "praised Liam as a man". Does that include referring to him previously as a "loser", and "the man was demeaning of Hibernian FC". That's high praise indeed! Again you appear to be changing your tune.

Time to call it a day on this one I think. We are never going to agree completely.

As I've said on previous posts Liam Craig wasn't the best player I've seen at ER. Not by a million miles. But nowhere near the worst. I just think some of the criticism he has received is OTT.

Sorry emerald green but you're tying yourself in knots here. First of all you made a (completely inaccurate) point that I didn't give Liam Craig credit where it was due. Then when I corrected you and pointed out that I did give him the credit where it's due you now have a problem with that!

I think Liam Craig was a poor player for us. Giving him credit for what he did well is not hypocritical, it's being fair.

As as for the redemption part, that was meant in that he has redeemed himself in the eyes of a lot of people on here. I am not one of these people.

I'll stand by the fact that my comments about Liam being a loser as a footballer have no bearing of him as a person. I'll say, for maybe the third time, on this thread that he's always come across professionally and respectful off the pitch but he was poor on it.

I'll also say for the third time that the comment about him being demeaning was a daft reply to a daft post.

SquashedFrogg
20-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Sorry emerald green but you're tying yourself in knots here. First of all you made a (completely inaccurate) point that I didn't give Liam Craig credit where it was due. Then when I corrected you and pointed out that I did give him the credit where it's due you now have a problem with that!

I think Liam Craig was a poor player for us. Giving him credit for what he did well is not hypocritical, it's being fair.

As as for the redemption part, that was meant in that he has redeemed himself in the eyes of a lot of people on here. I am not one of these people.

I'll stand by the fact that my comments about Liam being a loser as a footballer have no bearing of him as a person. I'll say, for maybe the third time, on this thread that he's always come across professionally and respectful off the pitch but he was poor on it.

I'll also say for the third time that the comment about him being demeaning was a daft reply to a daft post.

Sorry, can't help myself :faf:

You said he was demeaning to Hibernian Football Club in your OP. That kind of spells it out.

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 08:44 PM

Nonsense....
Another poster who thinks that making smart comments is somehow equal to taking part in a discussion. He's offered absolutely nothing on this thread. At least emerald green has had the decency to respond to people's posts with some thought out points of his own even if he doesn't agree with them.

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 08:49 PM

My comment (which I also admitted was just a daft response to a daft post) was hardly wicked or odious!

You said he was demeaning to Hibernian Football Club in your OP. That kind of spells it out.
The fact that you've still posted that response after my three posts above show exactly how much you're paying attention to this thread, and in turn, how much you're worth paying to yourself.

SquashedFrogg
20-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Another poster who thinks that making smart comments is somehow equal to taking part in a discussion. He's offered absolutely nothing on this thread. At least emerald green has had the decency to respond to people's posts with some thought out points of his own even if he doesn't agree with them.

More than happy to spend all night discussing this but if I'm being completely honest, your post doesn't merit any great length of time or effort.

Felt compelled to contribute but I'd rather spend more time on sensible football discussions,

Demeaning comment on a Hibernian FC forum

The_Horde
20-07-2015, 08:53 PM

Maybe a bit dramatic but I do kind of agree. Demeaning is a bit strong but I suggest the comment was a touch tongue in cheek.

If you were to try to entice a potential fan into coming along to easter road would you mention liam craig?

I know I wouldn't. And having him as our captain can't have attracted many of our dwindled supporters to easter road on a more regular basis either.

The_Horde
20-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Good guy, good in the dressing room but on footballing ability? He was hardly exciting or inspiring.

So aye. Maybe not demeaning but definitely a marker of how we've fallen.

SquashedFrogg
20-07-2015, 08:55 PM
The fact that you've still posted that response after my three posts above show exactly how much you're paying attention to this thread, and in turn, how much you're worth paying to yourself.

You're correct. I really shouldn't pay attention to this thread.

A mistake on my part. My apologies.

My_Wife_Camille
20-07-2015, 09:01 PM
You're correct. I really shouldn't pay attention to this thread.

A mistake on my part. My apologies.
Bowing out true to form with an equally 'smart' comment with no relevant value to the thread. Cheerio!

HappyHanlon
20-07-2015, 09:08 PM

Nonsense....

Only nonsense is coming from your posts buddy.

Where did I even mention that mob?

Still if you're happy to accept mediocrity, then crack on. I'm not and i'm delighted that one less wage thief is on the payroll.

Stubbsy is finding out who's the real deal and who's an imposter!

SaulGoodman
20-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Only nonsense is coming from your posts buddy.

Where did I even mention that mob?

Still if you're happy to accept mediocrity, then crack on. I'm not and i'm delighted that one less wage thief is on the payroll.

Stubbsy is finding out who's the real deal and who's an imposter!

ding ding ding!

Everyone that had "accepting mediocrity" on Hibs.net bingo please mark them off your cards!

HappyHanlon
20-07-2015, 10:03 PM
ding ding ding!

Everyone that had "accepting mediocrity" on Hibs.net bingo please mark them off your cards!

Hibs.bet....ahahahaha! Learn to type

SaulGoodman
20-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Hibs.bet....ahahahaha! Learn to type

Am I blind or are you seeing something I'm not?

MWHIBBIES
20-07-2015, 10:47 PM
What's the obsession with being classy on here? Liam Craig was ***** and is right up there with McGivern, Collins, Vine, Haynes, Butcher, Malpas and Petrie for being responsible for the club being where it is now.So choosing not to talk rubbish means you have an obsession with being classy?