PDA

View Full Version : HSL question

California-Hibs
16-07-2015, 04:17 AM
Firstly apologies if this isn't the best place to post this, I wasn't sure if there is a specific place to ask questions about contributing to Hibernian Supports Limited? I'm sure I saw a thread a while back with people getting questions answered?

Anyway, I'm very excited, because at long last I'm in a position where I can do my part! I've had issues with my UK bank account for the past year, but I've finally taken the time to sort them out and now the account is back up and running.

I'm looking at the HSL site right now and looking at the donations section. I'm not sure if I'm going to opt for the monthly payments or single payment. Which benefits Hibs more? Also, is 225 the minimal you can pay for a single payment? There isn't an option to pay 100, 120, 150 etc? If I do the monthly payments for 12 months, do you have to commit to the full 12 months, or say you get to 7 months in and for whatever reason decide you have to stop the donation, can you?

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

Ozyhibby
16-07-2015, 07:03 AM
I think it takes £225 to become a full member (1 year @ £18.75 PM) so that's why the the one off payment is set at that.
If you are likely to keep the payments going for longer than a year then the club would probably prefer the monthly payments? You can stop payments anytime but you won't be a full member till you have paid in at least £225.

California-Hibs
16-07-2015, 07:15 AM
I think it takes £225 to become a full member (1 year @ £18.75 PM) so that's why the the one off payment is set at that.
If you are likely to keep the payments going for longer than a year then the club would probably prefer the monthly payments? You can stop payments anytime but you won't be a full member till you have paid in at least £225.

Excellent, thanks for the response! So if I go ahead and pay the 225 and become a full member, what does that really mean? (Full member) Will I receive the share certificate that HSL bought on my behalf?

lucky
16-07-2015, 07:41 AM
Excellent, thanks for the response! So if I go ahead and pay the 225 and become a full member, what does that really mean? (Full member) Will I receive the share certificate that HSL bought on my behalf?

You don't get a share certificate but become a member of HSL forever. You pass on your membership after death! HSL buy the shares as a collective and its members decide on how HSL directors vote at AGMs or one day run the club. You can pay as little as £10 a month. Also you can continue to donate once your £225 has been reached but don't get additional benefits

GreenPJ
16-07-2015, 08:33 AM

You get a certificate from HSL confirming you are a member but no share certificate itself.

California-Hibs
16-07-2015, 12:14 PM
You get a certificate from HSL confirming you are a member but no share certificate itself.

Ok, this is what I thought, I just didn't word it too well. Thanks for the info

16-07-2015, 01:36 PM

I pay the £18.75 a month and have so far not recieved any certificate so I assume you only get it once all the payments are made?

GreenLake
16-07-2015, 01:51 PM
I shut my regular UK bank accounts to simplify FATCA reporting requirements (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Account_Tax_Compliance_Act).

Even my housekeeper accepts PayPal. :greengrin

GreenPJ
16-07-2015, 02:12 PM
I pay the £18.75 a month and have so far not recieved any certificate so I assume you only get it once all the payments are made?

The certificate is sent when you become a member (i.e. the £225 payment met).

16-07-2015, 03:07 PM
The certificate is sent when you become a member (i.e. the £225 payment met).

ah i see, thank you :aok:

:flag: