PDA

View Full Version : The unofficial Match Day Thread For a Trivia Gossip , trialist Rumours Weather etc

Ronniekirk
14-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Only pre season I can go to so about to head off .Weather a mixture of sunshine and showers .
Apart from the kiss rumour that is doing the rounds but has yet to be confirmed , the lack of speculation means Stubbs is again keeping any potential new signing targets under wraps ,so let's see if he springs any surprises tonight .
Will he give both keepers a half each ? Will Watson get a games as Trialist or is he still got niggling injury We Boyle is out and maybe to early for Farid but will we see Keatings or Carmichael both of who have knocks .
The knock on effect of these injuries mean Handling ,Stanton ,and Harris I assume will all get run outs and one or two of development squad may also feature tonight unless there are a couple of Trialists he wants to run the rule over
expect a comfortable win ,but tonight is more about probably rotating players and giving as many as he can some game time .

Ozyhibby
14-07-2015, 02:50 PM
A pre season friendly with no new faces. :-(

Hibernian Verse
14-07-2015, 02:56 PM

Positive as ever

AlbertK86
14-07-2015, 02:59 PM
According to fishy site

Farid, Carmichael, Keatings and Boyle will not feature

J-C
14-07-2015, 03:09 PM

Aye lets play the injured players just to appease you :confused:

Ozyhibby
14-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Aye lets play the injured players just to appease you :confused:

You definitely should not play players if they are injured. That would be crazy. I would def be against such a move.
Not sure why you quoted me though?
I was just indicating that it made me sad that we would not get a glimpse of a new signing.

SteveHFC
14-07-2015, 03:14 PM
What's the weather forecast in Berwick tonight?

Still sunny and hot over here in icmeler :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Sitting in The Pilot Inn on Lower Greens, seemed quite apt, quality old school boozer less than 5 mins walk from the station.

SonOfDavidFrancey
14-07-2015, 03:18 PM

No bad here in Hersonissos either :)

HH81
14-07-2015, 03:37 PM

It is boiling in Halifax. Just fried an Egg on my drive.

Any team news from Berwick?

Billy Whizz
14-07-2015, 03:40 PM
It is boiling in Halifax. Just fried an Egg on my drive.

Any team news from Berwick?

Be pretty much who played against Wigan, unless Watson and Newman get a game

J-C
14-07-2015, 03:40 PM
You definitely should not play players if they are injured. That would be crazy. I would def be against such a move.
Not sure why you quoted me though?
I was just indicating that it made me sad that we would not get a glimpse of a new signing.

It looked like you were having a moan due to no new signings being played, I was just pointing out that the new signings we have are injured and therefore can't play, simple as that.

HH81
14-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Be pretty much who played against Wigan, unless Watson and Newman get a game

Cheers Billy. You heading to the game?

Billy Whizz
14-07-2015, 03:43 PM
Cheers Billy. You heading to the game?

Hope so, if I can get away from work on time

Keith_M
14-07-2015, 03:43 PM
Hibs pre-season Tour of England starts (and finishes) tonight. :wink:

Weather here in Munich is a cool 23C and overcast. What's the forecast for Berwick?

HoboHarry
14-07-2015, 04:03 PM

Weather here in Munich is a cool 23C and overcast. What's the forecast for Berwick?

28 here in Kansas City rising to 35 this afternoon 😀

Billy Whizz
14-07-2015, 04:04 PM

Sunny with a bit of cloud in Edinburgh just now, around 20C

Franck Stanton
14-07-2015, 04:04 PM
I'm in Dunbar, just up the road fi' Berwick and the sun is shinning, presume it will be same nearby

GlasgowHibee
14-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Quite excited for this to be fair, it's good to be back. :greengrin:flag:

HH81
14-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Hope so, if I can get away from work on time

Bit far from Yorkshire, would not have minded taking in a game too.

Billy Whizz
14-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Bit far from Yorkshire, would not have minded taking in a game too.

Too far for a friendly

California-Hibs
14-07-2015, 04:17 PM
23 here in Cali, rising up to 38 (100F) this afternoon! C'mon the Hibees! Still no one able to clarify if Kiss is indeed on trial?

priorparkhibby
14-07-2015, 04:19 PM
I'm in Dunbar, just up the road fi' Berwick and the sun is shinning, presume it will be same nearby

It's dry just now but it's a bit overcast

My_Wife_Camille
14-07-2015, 04:27 PM
23 here in Cali, rising up to 38 (100F) this afternoon! C'mon the Hibees! Still no one able to clarify if Kiss is indeed on trial?

Heard yesterday that he's been pulled out of playing as a trialist by his agent so he can speak to Motherwell and Hearts.

California-Hibs
14-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Heard yesterday that he's been pulled out of playing as a trialist by his agent so he can speak to Motherwell and Hearts.

That's really disappointing if true.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Its sunny in Berwick now, pleasant conditions will prevail, thundery downpour might turn up post match though.

Ronniekirk
14-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Sitting in a wee restraint called Foxtons Great Seafood dishes

Dan Sarf
14-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Sitting in a wee restraint called Foxtons Great Seafood dishes

Are you sitting in it or wearing it? :greengrin

Keith_M
14-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Its sunny in Berwick now, pleasant conditions will prevail, thundery downpour might turn up post match though.

Are there many Hibbies around town today?

SteveHFC
14-07-2015, 05:15 PM

26 over here in Turkey. :D

Platinum Scotty
14-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Slightly overcast in Blackheath London but not as cold as the pub suggests 'zero degrees' 😀

Billy Whizz
14-07-2015, 05:21 PM

Knowing Ronnie, sitting in it

jamieross
14-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Still dry in Berwick just now but will probably be raining at some point through the game. Think Berwick will have a few trialists in their team, seem to be giving a few locals the chance just now.

Ronniekirk
14-07-2015, 05:33 PM

Should of read resttraunt 😜

Pedantic_Hibee
14-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Should of read resttraunt 😜

Wanna run that past us again, Ronald? ;)

iwasthere1972
14-07-2015, 05:48 PM

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
14-07-2015, 05:49 PM

Let him off, he lives in Paisley

Ronniekirk
14-07-2015, 05:50 PM

Mobiles I give up

Ronniekirk
14-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Knowing Ronnie, sitting in it

Just coz I sent you that link By the way the Seabass is delicious and well worth the restraint😜

Billy Whizz
14-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Just coz I sent you that link By the way the Seabass is delicious and well worth the restraint😜

I'll pass thanks, don't like fish

KSA Hibee
14-07-2015, 06:35 PM
26 over here in Turkey. :D

26 only? cooled down here in Bahrain to a balmy 36 from 47 at mid day :na na:

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Well prepared for a gtf. Very positive for this season and very aware this is a pre season friendly.
Just also aware this is the same team minus some players that couldn't get promotion.
I know we have players injured which isn't great but we had Boyle last year as well. So that just leaves Carmichael, Keatings and Farid who have now not done pre season (nobodies fault). My hope is there are a few kids ready to make the step up like Martin and Crane.
I love the positive outlook under Stubbs and am hugely optimistic for this season but I still think we need more reinforcements as this is a threadbare squad.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Ozyhibby
14-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Well prepared for a gtf. Very positive for this season and very aware this is a pre season friendly.
Just also aware this is the same team minus some players that couldn't get promotion.
I know we have players injured which isn't great but we had Boyle last year as well. So that just leaves Carmichael, Keatings and Farid who have now not done pre season (nobodies fault). My hope is there are a few kids ready to make the step up like Martin and Crane.
I love the positive outlook under Stubbs and am hugely optimistic for this season but I still think we need more reinforcements as this is a threadbare squad.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

You are 100% correct

matty_f
14-07-2015, 07:16 PM

You should bear in mind that the team that finished the season was quite different to the one that started it, and it was largely the start that put us as far behind as we were.

AlbertK86
14-07-2015, 07:21 PM
You should bear in mind that the team that finished the season was quite different to the one that started it, and it was largely the start that put us as far behind as we were.

Very well said

Too many doom and gloomers seem to forget this

bingo70
14-07-2015, 07:25 PM

Still doesn't make the poster you quoted wrong though.

I think even Stubbs would admit he'd have liked an extra couple in at this stage.

Ozyhibby
14-07-2015, 07:27 PM

We were still losing ground on Hearts in the second half of the season.

brog
14-07-2015, 07:37 PM
We were still losing ground on Hearts in the second half of the season.

Absolutely minimally. We lost 3 & drew 3, they lost 3 & drew 2. There's no doubt it was our early season form that cost us dearly last season.

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-07-2015, 08:29 PM

I think even Stubbs would admit he'd have liked an extra couple in at this stage.

Yeah, the start we had was brutal and that let us down but also our strength in depth let us down in parts.

The team that played this evening was weaker than the one that played against Rangers in the playoffs. We play them again in two weeks. We are worryingly short in midfield and our 'two' new signings aren't fit to play and missing vital pre season games.

I 100% back Stubbs and his team to have us ready to go this season but I worry that he 100% HAS to get it right this time around. We need at least two players in very quickly or it'll be a very similar start.

On a different note, it looks like they had played well this evening so credit where credit is due.

matty_f
14-07-2015, 08:33 PM

I'm not disputing that, just putting some context around it.

tamig
14-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Yeah, the start we had was brutal and that let us down but also our strength in depth let us down in parts.

The team that played this evening was weaker than the one that played against Rangers in the playoffs. We play them again in two weeks. We are worryingly short in midfield and our 'two' new signings aren't fit to play and missing vital pre season games.

I 100% back Stubbs and his team to have us ready to go this season but I worry that he 100% HAS to get it right this time around. We need at least two players in very quickly or it'll be a very similar start.

On a different note, it looks like they had played well this evening so credit where credit is due.

I think at this stage the hun are far weaker than when they played us in the play-off too. We need another couple of bodies but they need a whole lot more.

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-07-2015, 09:00 PM
I think at this stage the hun are far weaker than when they played us in the play-off too. We need another couple of bodies but they need a whole lot more.

Totally agree. They are particularly weak right now, it's just be great if we had our players in and fit to play.

bill the hibby
14-07-2015, 09:10 PM
I agree re the huns being weak just now, I'm pretty surprised this supposed war chest we heard about hasn't been used lol...we're in a stronger position to play them a week on Saturday than they are in to play us

Brightside
14-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Very well said

Too many doom and gloomers seem to forget this

Always the same ones. They must really hate going to the games when we win.

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Always the same ones. They must really hate going to the games when we win.

Nothing 'doom & gloom' about it. I'm very optimistic and happy about the club just now.

Just airing a few concerns.

Brightside
14-07-2015, 09:52 PM
Nothing 'doom & gloom' about it. I'm very optimistic and happy about the club just now.

Just airing a few concerns.

Tbf to you my comment was aimed more at those that jump on any of these comments to reiterate how the sky is falling in. And it's constant. Already we are apparently riddled with injuries and have a weaker team than last year! It's just boring.

green day
14-07-2015, 10:03 PM
Tbf to you my comment was aimed more at those that jump on any of these comments to reiterate how the sky is falling in. And it's constant. Already we are apparently riddled with injuries and have a weaker team than last year! It's just boring.

I agree.

And if Keating's and Carmichael have injuries, then clearly playing them now is daft - let them heal and do their job in the season.

Handling might be only mildly injured. Who knows?

Allan might have felt some tightness and again, surely sensible to come off as we need him during the season.

To be honest, I couldn't give a toss who plays in the petrofac/texaco/whateveritis cup against sevco - I only care about winning the league.

That's a long slog, and newsflash folks - we are going to get some injuries, same as every team.

Ronniekirk
14-07-2015, 11:13 PM
Just back home Enjoyed the game and even when we made wholesale subs we kept possession .you wouldn't of known we were playing with 10 men for last part of the game

Defence not really tested but we worked well as a unit.Lewis saw plenty of the ball and some good deliveries but also a lot that were blocked or didn't come to anything .Dom could of had a couple , Gray was immense and scored good goal from great through ball from S A ,who in flashes showed what an important player he is for us and scored great goal Fontaine started off where he left off ,on form and Fyfie revelled in responsibility of dictating play when S A went off and looks like he will be an asset .
Good day out and for first pre season game good workout