PDA

View Full Version : Saint Iker

DH1875
13-07-2015, 09:54 AM
Iker Casillas, signing for Porto. His mums no happy though lol. Think we could see David de Gea turn up at Real.

Haymaker
13-07-2015, 09:56 AM
Think the change will help him back to form.

nellio
13-07-2015, 10:20 AM
No disrespect to Porto but I thought he would have gone to a bigger club perhaps.

I think they will go after De Gea biug time now, deal must be already in the making as not sure they would let him go otherwise.

I would be surprised if Man Utd just put Vidtor Valdes in goal until they sign someone else to complete with Valdes.

DH1875
13-07-2015, 10:48 AM
No disrespect to Porto but I thought he would have gone to a bigger club perhaps

His mum called them a 2nd divison team and said he his to good for them and that he should be ending his career at a much bigger club lol. Got me thinking though, at 34 he sill has a couple of good years in him as a keeper.

nellio
13-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Bit harsh from the boys mam! They are a good team and are playing champions leauge. I thought PSG or maybe a prem team would have been in for him.

Definitley has a good few years left in him yet.

Biggie
13-07-2015, 11:40 AM
Sure I read he'd been 25 years with them !.....can see why he was emotional at the press conference. Having said that, a move was probably the best for him.....great servant to Real though

Haymaker
13-07-2015, 01:58 PM
His mum called them a 2nd divison team and said he his to good for them and that he should be ending his career at a much bigger club lol. Got me thinking though, at 34 he sill has a couple of good years in him as a keeper.

Hopefully it rejuvenates his career like Pirlo moving to Juve.

Pretty Boy
13-07-2015, 10:23 PM
The way Casillas has been treated by Madrid and the fans is a total disgrace.

25 years service, 16 of that in the 1st team, about 10-12 of that as one of the top 5 keepers in the world, he's rarely let them down and he was effectively forced out the club and booed and jeered by his own fans a fair few times last season.

I hope he goes on to have every success at Porto, I'm no fan of Real Madrid but I appreciate top performers and Casillas was different class for a number of years.

Hibernia&Alba
13-07-2015, 10:39 PM
Didn't Real sign a keeper from somewhere just last week?

I see United are telling Real to forget de Gea unless Ramos moves the other way, but if his heart is set upon going back to Spain, it's probably better to take the money. However, United paid £19 million for de Gea, and he's now a much better keeper, so they should demand £30 million or say forget it.

Nutmegged
14-07-2015, 03:48 AM
De Gea is in the last year of his contract so Real think they can play hardball, as obscene as this next line is it is actually true, Manchester United don't needthe £20m that Real are allegedly prepared to pay, the money available from the EPL now is so vast that they'd be better off holding onto one of the top keepers in Europe for the wxtra year while they have genuine intentions to challenge for the Title.

In the grand scheme of things £20m is a drop in the park for a team like Manchester United plus if they did hold onto him what a message that'll send out to any other player who ia thinking about trying to manipulate a move away from Old Trafford

hibsbollah
14-07-2015, 06:59 AM
Bit harsh from the boys mam! They are a good team and are playing champions leauge. I thought PSG or maybe a prem team would have been in for him.

Definitley has a good few years left in him yet.

Porto are turning into a top side. They've just bought Imbula from Marseille, arguably the best holding midfielder in Europe. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they had a good run in the champions league.

JimBHibees
14-07-2015, 07:27 AM
IMO he should have been dropped with Real ages ago. Porto won't be as loyal are Real were if he makes the same mistakes for them as he has in last couple of seasons.

MWHIBBIES
14-07-2015, 07:30 AM
The way Casillas has been treated by Madrid and the fans is a total disgrace.

25 years service, 16 of that in the 1st team, about 10-12 of that as one of the top 5 keepers in the world, he's rarely let them down and he was effectively forced out the club and booed and jeered by his own fans a fair few times last season.

I hope he goes on to have every success at Porto, I'm no fan of Real Madrid but I appreciate top performers and Casillas was different class for a number of years.He shouldn't have been leaking team selections to the press before Classicos, he gave away Mourinhos plan and they lost because of it. If a Hibs player done that I'd be giving them abuse.

DH1875
14-07-2015, 07:41 AM
He shouldn't have been leaking team selections to the press before Classicos, he gave away Mourinhos plan and they lost because of it. If a Hibs player done that I'd be giving them abuse.

Was it not more a case of him talking to his wife about stuff and then that stuff being a reported. Pretty sure she is a sports reporter after all. Still, he shouldn't put up with that kinda Brad Pitt but then, have you seen her :)

DH1875
14-07-2015, 07:46 AM
Speaking of keepers. I see Begovic is leaving Stoke to sign for Chelsea. Strange move cause he's a top keeper but won't start for them. Could maybe have gotten the Utd gig IF De Gea ends up back in Spain.

MWHIBBIES
14-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Was it not more a case of him talking to his wife about stuff and then that stuff being a reported. Pretty sure she is a sports reporter after all. Still, he shouldn't put up with that kinda Brad Pitt but then, have you seen her :)No, pretty sure it happened more than once that was just the most significant instance. Was the worst kept secret in football that he was the traitor in Mourinhos dressing room.