PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

Jim44
13-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Good read in the Scotsman this morning. SA strongly reiterates his desire to stay stay at ER. The article describes his return home for the birth of his child and his immediate return to La Manga for the Wigan game. He talks about the speculation his early return sparked off but says the baby picture will let everyone know the truth. He also talks about how much he is enjoying his time at Hibs and how Stubbs is making him a better player. Sorry can't give a link.

PS. apologies for missing out the second 't' in the title.

CMac1988
13-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Good read in the Scotsman this morning. SA strongly reiterates his desire to stay stay at ER. The article describes his return home for the birth of his child and his immediate return to La Manga for the Wigan. He talks about the speculation his early return sparked off but says the baby picture will let everyone know the truth. He also talks about how much he is enjoying his time at Hibs and how Stubbs is making him a better player. Sorry can't give a link.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/new-dad-scott-allan-wants-to-give-hibs-his-all-1-3828829

Good read.

hibeesboii
13-07-2015, 10:40 AM
Great read. Sounds like he is really enjoying it here. And its good to see he thinks he will offer more next season too.

GreenArmyyy!
13-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Great read. Sounds like he is really enjoying it here. And its good to see he thinks he will offer more next season too.

If he plays any better than he did last season it's not the old firm that we will need to worry about.

erin go bragh
13-07-2015, 11:43 AM
If he plays any better than he did last season it's not the old firm that we will need to worry about.

Correct . Could imo bag himself an EPL top half side .

GGTTH

Seveno
13-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Sorry to seem cynical but much as I accept that he is happy and is grateful to Stubbs, he would grab any offer that doubled his wages. Personally, I would not blame him or any other player. He has a family to look after and it is a short career that could be ended by injury at any time. Players, and managers, have to take the short term view.

I do hope though that he is here to help us win the Championship and accepts a contract extension with a buy out clause. He can then go on to better things and leave us with a nice profit, as with most of the golden generation.

Jim44
13-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Sorry to seem cynical but much as I accept that he is happy and is grateful to Stubbs, he would grab any offer that doubled his wages. Personally, I would not blame him or any other player. He has a family to look after and it is a short career that could be ended by injury at any time. Players, and managers, have to take the short term view.

I do hope though that he is here to help us win the Championship and accepts a contract extension with a buy out clause. He can then go on to better things and leave us with a nice profit, as with most of the golden generation.

Well if your first point turns out to be true, I think he is certain to be away by the end of the transfer window. There will be interest later from down south and Sevco are just biding their time and I think that they think they might get him with a last minute bid.

Gus
13-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Well if your first point turns out to be true, I think he is certain to be away by the end of the transfer window. There will be interest later from down south and Sevco are just biding their time and I think that they think they might get him with a last minute bid.

This is my fear. I think Sevco will come in about 3 or 4 days before the end of the window to 1. Sign him or 2. Attempt to sign him & unsettle him going into the start of the season.

Either scenrio would be very disruptive to the start of our season.

I hope I am wrong

Gordy M
13-07-2015, 12:42 PM
You mean if hibs allow rangers to speak to him....which i very much doubt.....as they would have already had to have bid a considerable amount of cash(which it appears from their business so far, they dont have)???

Famous Fiver
13-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Some jakey will put up the money in form of a 'loan' and first bid will come in a few days before Petrofac Cup tie with carefully orchestrated Glasgow media campaign quoting current and ex Rangers players how valuable an addition he will be. DU and Tims might decide to become involved and Scott therefore has a difficult decision to make.

If Hibs improve his contract and insert a good buy out clause and we keep him for a season, job done, but by January England will be calling.

That's my opinion. Best player we have had since the golden generation by a country mile.

Tin hat on for replies.

tamig
13-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Some jakey will put up the money in form of a 'loan' and first bid will come in a few days before Petrofac Cup tie with carefully orchestrated Glasgow media campaign quoting current and ex Rangers players how valuable an addition he will be. DU and Tims might decide to become involved and Scott therefore has a difficult decision to make.

If Hibs improve his contract and insert a good buy out clause and we keep him for a season, job done, but by January England will be calling.

That's my opinion. Best player we have had since the golden generation by a country mile.

Tin hat on for replies.

I just don't see why people think Dundee United would come in for Allan or why he'd be interested in going back there.

Famous Fiver
13-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Because they have money from Celtic and a disgruntled support.

Pete
13-07-2015, 02:20 PM

That will probably be trousered already.

Greencore
13-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Scotty needs to sign an extension. If he is away fine, but get us some money. I think he will sign for the rangers at the end of the season. I reallllllllly hope I am wrong.

Ozyhibby
13-07-2015, 02:45 PM
These articles are not worth the paper they are written on as an indication on whether a player will stay or not.
However, I'm not worried about Sevco coming for him. The fact that they openly covet him yet have not been able to make even an insulting offer tells you all you need to know about the finances at Ibrox.

carnoustiehibee
13-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Good article, sounds very settled at hibs and back enjoying his footie. It's still startling to think people are worried he might go to rangers, their totally skint, if king con had any dosh he woulda splashed some of it already.. As for Thomsons tinky terrors, no way is he spending money on a club he wants away from

Famous Fiver
13-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Carnoustie

Hope you are right...........

Nutmegged
13-07-2015, 03:35 PM
I'm sure he is very happy at Hibs and probably isn't enticing any buyers however if or when a bid comes in things often change, Scott Allan wouldn't be the first happy player to have his head turned by a move

tamig
13-07-2015, 03:38 PM

Sure they have money but ST won't spend enough of that. And I suspect Allan's sights are set far higher than United - for when he does eventually leave.