PDA

View Full Version : Championship front runners...

Fat Boab
12-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Just thought I would post this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33174760

looking through the teams It appears that most teams with the exception of Falkirk and ourselves will be starting with new squads and will be going through the same learning curves we did last season. Now I don’t want to tempt fate but I believe we are in pole position to hit the ground running and establish ourselves as front runners for automatic promotion.
:flag:

ALF TUPPER
12-07-2015, 04:21 PM

looking through the teams It appears that most teams with the exception of Falkirk and ourselves will be starting with new squads and will be going through the same learning curves we did last season. Now I don’t want to tempt fate but I believe we are in pole position to hit the ground running and establish ourselves as front runners for automatic promotion.

Let's hope so Fat Boab

Ozyhibby
12-07-2015, 04:24 PM

Still need a couple of key signings in midfield. Right now we are weaker than we ended last season.
Thankfully, I think the new Rangers are weaker as well.
Still, would be nice to bring in a couple of new faces this week.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 06:04 PM
We still need a few signings at the back and in midfield as I feel we're still a bit short in numbers there.

At the moment, our squad for the game against Sevco on the 25th will be something like this;

Oxley

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Harris
Fyvie
Allan
Carmichael

Cummings
El Alagui

SUBS

Reguero
Forster
Stanton
Allan
Martin
Malonga
Keatings

ancient hibee
12-07-2015, 06:09 PM
We still need a few signings at the back and in midfield as I feel we're still a bit short in numbers there.

At the moment, our squad for the game against Sevco on the 25th will be something like this;

Oxley

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Harris
Fyvie
Allan
Carmichael

Cummings
El Alagui

SUBS

Reguero
Forster
Stanton
Allan
Martin
Malonga
Keatings

Suspect that neither El Alagui or Carmichael will be fit for that one.

Centre Hawf
12-07-2015, 06:29 PM

Agreed, even if they are I probably wouldn't risk them so you're probably looking at another diamond in midfield with Stanton, Handling or Martin filling in the other two midfield roles that aren't Fyvie and Allan. At least as it stands.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 08:13 PM

Must have missed the news on them, are they both injured?

Nutmegged
12-07-2015, 08:13 PM

I do think you make a good point to bebfair mate, its upto Hibs to start the Season on a positive note though and win the games we should be winning, dropping daft points throughout a Season is inevitable but it should bebe the exception to the rule

Billy Whizz
12-07-2015, 08:14 PM
Must have missed the news on them, are they both injured?

Neither travelled to La Manga, although Stubbs said Carnichael may play against Dunfermline on Saturday

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Neither travelled to La Manga, although Stubbs said Carnichael may play against Dunfermline on Saturday

OK thanks, what's been wrong with them?

Billy Whizz
12-07-2015, 08:26 PM

Farid had a knee op at the end of the season, and Carmichael had a slight groin strain I believe

Sir David Gray
12-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Farid had a knee op at the end of the season, and Carmichael had a slight groin strain I believe

Cheers, can't remember if I knew about Farid's injury or not.

Surprised if that passed me by!

We'll be able to cope with Farid's absence as we are ok for numbers up front but we'll be down to the bare bones in midfield.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Cheers, can't remember if I knew about Farid's injury or not.

Surprised if that passed me by!

We'll be able to cope with Farid's absence as we are ok for numbers up front but we'll be down to the bare bones in midfield.

Think Farid's knee op was to clear up some old scar tissue and not a new injury, so should help out with his general well being.

DH1875
13-07-2015, 08:05 AM
Looking at St Mirrens squad, I can't see them challenging. Down to us and newco IMO.

Ozyhibby
13-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Looking at St Mirrens squad, I can't see them challenging. Down to us and newco IMO.

I agree, it's going to be a straight shoot out between us and the Sevconians. We will need to be ruthless week after week.

Sir David Gray
13-07-2015, 10:11 PM
I agree, it's going to be a straight shoot out between us and the Sevconians. We will need to be ruthless week after week.

:agree: It doesn't matter how we do it, we just need to win every week.

Draws against the likes of Dumbarton and Raith Rovers and defeats to Alloa and Falkirk just can't be allowed next season.

When we're struggling with 20 minutes to go, we just need to find a way to pick up the three points.

hfc rd
14-07-2015, 01:31 PM
:agree: It doesn't matter how we do it, we just need to win every week.

Draws against the likes of Dumbarton and Raith Rovers and defeats to Alloa and Falkirk just can't be allowed next season.

When we're struggling with 20 minutes to go, we just need to find a way to pick up the three points.

This.

jacomo
14-07-2015, 01:50 PM

I reckon Murray will get them to a play off spot. That makes them challengers for promotion.

They could decide the title by taking points off us or Sevco.

PeterboroHibee
14-07-2015, 02:05 PM
I think the vast majority of teams will be unknowns going into the season due to the high turnover of players. Im surprised that a couple of teams (particularly Rangers) havent done more business though as their teams look nowhere near ready, yet the season is less than 2 weeks away!

Id say we are definitely in the best position as things stand. Weve kept the majority of the squad together from last season, have let go players who could probably be improved upon, and have signed guys in positions where we struggled last season. We need to make sure we get off to a strong start!

Iain G
14-07-2015, 02:26 PM

Official site says Farid, Boyle, Keatings and Carmichael will miss tonighs friendly with injury, leaves us thin up front and out wide!

hfc rd
14-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Official site says Farid, Boyle, Keatings and Carmichael will miss tonighs friendly with injury, leaves us thin up front and out wide!

Hope the injuries aren't nothing serious.

Hibernia&Alba
14-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Famous last words: we'll win the division. I'm more optimistic about the new season than for many a year. We'll have a good, settled squad and will play good football. All the pressure is on Rangers, but I think we'll be the team to beat. Two years in the Championship is more than enough, and I fancy us to go up.

Spike Mandela
14-07-2015, 03:35 PM
There are no excuses this year. Promotion must be delivered, failure is unacceptable.

HoboHarry
14-07-2015, 04:52 PM

If we go into every game with the correct attitude and the correct belief in ourselves we will run over the top of secco in my opinion.

Sas_The_Hibby
14-07-2015, 05:58 PM
Hope the injuries aren't nothing serious.

On the contrary, I hope they ARE nothing serious! :wink: