PDA

View Full Version : Mixu on Sky Sports

NorthRoadHibee
11-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Flicked over to Sky sports news but only caught the tail end of him talking about hibs? Anyone else see the full interview?

DavieRoy
11-07-2015, 11:00 PM
It should be on demand on your Sky box.

Leith Green
12-07-2015, 07:00 AM
Everytime i hear Mixu talk about football coupled with his managerial career afterwards, i feel that he was unlucky at Hibs. I think he came to Hibs at the wrong time , following Mowbray and Collins who were both a success, but with collins leaving us in a mess imo.. He was on a bit of a hiding to nothing in that the level of players he was left with didnt make playing good football easy. Fans expectations were higher as well back then as well.

I think he could have been a good Hibs manager, just came too early for him..

Matty_Jack04
12-07-2015, 07:14 AM
Everytime i hear Mixu talk about football coupled with his managerial career afterwards, i feel that he was unlucky at Hibs. I think he came to Hibs at the wrong time , following Mowbray and Collins who were both a success, but with collins leaving us in a mess imo.. He was on a bit of a hiding to nothing in that the level of players he was left with didnt make playing good football easy. Fans expectations were higher as well back then as well.

I love mixu but he done his cause no good with his signings, just as poor as JC's IMO I hope he goes on to be a good manager but he had to go when he was here

Leith Green
12-07-2015, 07:26 AM
I love mixu but he done his cause no good with his signings, just as poor as JC's IMO I hope he goes on to be a good manager but he had to go when he was here

I dont think he was helped by the level of player he was able to sign at the time tbh

Leith Green
12-07-2015, 07:27 AM

I also agree he had to go, just think we got him too early in his career

liamh2202
12-07-2015, 07:31 AM

Have to agree. Has a great philosophy of how to play the game. And has done since he first took a youth team at his whilst still playing. Another big guy who likes players to live the right way.

Matty_Jack04
12-07-2015, 07:43 AM

Apologies read your first post wrong

Thecat23
12-07-2015, 07:46 AM
Mixu himself said the job came to early. When he left he went round the UK watching training sessions at various clubs and took on board the things he thought would improve him as a manager. Seems to have worked as well.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-07-2015, 07:46 AM
He came to us too early I think and considering how well loved a player he was , he didn't get a lot of slack as a manager. He will no doubt look back on his time in charge and know that there are things he could have said and done differently.

Bishop Hibee
12-07-2015, 06:22 PM

Agree totally. I thought he did pretty well with the players at his disposal. 0-0 draws at home to RanTic who were far better than they are now and going for the league title. Add the Casper Derby and he did ok. The problem was that after the great football under Mowbray and the League Cup win the fans expectations were high so Petrie gave him the chop to boost ST sales. Oh how times have changed😕

Johnny_Leith
12-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Treated disgracefully by the Hibs support for getting a poor squad with about 4 good players into the top 6 two seasons on the bounce.

Recruitment was questionable but he was a young coach learning the game and we as a support drove him out due to a lack of patience. Same could be said of yogi but I'd argue his recruitment was superior to Mixu's.

green day
12-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Treated disgracefully by the Hibs support for getting a poor squad with about 4 good players into the top 6 two seasons on the bounce.

Recruitment was questionable but he was a young coach learning the game and we as a support drove him out due to a lack of patience. Same could be said of yogi but I'd argue his recruitment was superior to Mixu's.

Relax man. We were a top prem club at the time, and mixu should have spent a bit more time at a lower league club learning there - not with us.

I like what people like Hartley have done, go to alloa etc, learn the mgt game then move on / up. I see the young QOS manager doing similar in a year or so.

I wasnt too worried about Stubbs as he was doing the Everton reserve job, but even then, he still shows inexperience.

Johnny_Leith
12-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Relax man. We were a top prem club at the time, and mixu should have spent a bit more time at a lower league club learning there - not with us.

I like what people like Hartley have done, go to alloa etc, learn the mgt game then move on / up. I see the young QOS manager doing similar in a year or so.

I wasnt too worried about Stubbs as he was doing the Everton reserve job, but even then, he still shows inexperience.

I'm plenty relaxed, no doubt mixu was treated disgracefully though. Consistently called 'Mixup' and 'fat Finn' on here and at games.

Mixu jumped at the chance to come to Hibs but it could well be a case of 'right club, wrong time'. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and we'll never know how things might have turned out.

Stubbs is still cutting his teeth but he certainly didn't pick an easy job for his first gig.

yekimevol
12-07-2015, 08:31 PM

:top marks

essexhibee
12-07-2015, 08:56 PM
Ahh mixu as manager just brings back memories of the Casper Derby and the mastermind managerial performance which somehow got us a win.

LaMotta
12-07-2015, 09:09 PM

Mixu spent four years learning the trade with smaller clubs before he got the Hibs job - a longer period than Hartley served at Alloa before he got the Dundee job.

liamh2202
12-07-2015, 09:11 PM

You mean like mixu did at cowden ?

green day
12-07-2015, 09:43 PM
You mean like mixu did at cowden ?

Well, without getting all argumentative, I did say "a bit more time", in my opinion he wasn't ready for us at that point.

Again, in my opinion, Hartley was ready for the step up when he moved on.

DavieRoy
17-07-2015, 06:51 PM
A 9 minute version is available via Sky On Demand.

On the menu, you go to Catch Up, then Sky Sports, Football, then the Scottish Football tab.

matty_f
17-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Cheers Luke, I couldn't find it earlier.