PDA

View Full Version : Bounce match v Wigan

_hucks_
11-07-2015, 02:47 PM
We're playing a behind closed doors match against Wigan today - I work in an office in Wigan so theres a bit of interest in the match. Anyone got any details about the game? I know nothing more than that it's due to take place.

Billy Whizz
11-07-2015, 02:52 PM
We're playing a behind closed doors match against Wigan today - I work in an office in Wigan so theres a bit of interest in the match. Anyone got any details about the game? I know nothing more than that it's due to take place.

Think it's a 5pm/6pm closed doors match. Wigan played Queens a few days ago, think they played 3 x 25 mins sessions, don't know if tonight is the same

Delboy4
11-07-2015, 03:16 PM
They played 3 x 25mins and Wigan won 2-1 against QOS

Brooster
11-07-2015, 03:34 PM
A mate is just heading to the game and will report back when back on wifi after the game.

Gettin' Auld
11-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Found the game on an app........After 12 mins it's 0:0

Cancel that - Hibs have just scored, they ain't mentioned the scorer though.

whiskyhibby
11-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Fyvie apparently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Billy
11-07-2015, 04:20 PM
If you have an iPhone, download the Forza app and that gives you updates.

Theinsider
11-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Fyvie apparently

Definitely Fyvie

Strachan and King Kenny in the crowd.

andy1875
11-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Fyvie apparently

He'll enjoy that one against his former club.

SteveHFC
11-07-2015, 04:25 PM
@CCP_sport: .@HibsOfficial team V Wigan: Oxley, Dunsmore, Hanlon, Fontaine, Crane, Fyvie, S Allan, Handling, Martin, Malonga, L Allan

Billychaotic182
11-07-2015, 04:29 PM
@CCP_sport: .@HibsOfficial team V Wigan: Oxley, Dunsmore, Hanlon, Fontaine, Crane, Fyvie, S Allan, Handling, Martin, Malonga, L Allan

Scott Allan? Take it he flew back after his boy was born?

hibees 7062
11-07-2015, 04:30 PM
1-0 Hibs Fyvie

Wilson
11-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Scott Allan? Take it he flew back after his boy was born?

Was reported as thus in this morning's record.

Gettin' Auld
11-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Still 1:0 at half time.

Billy
11-07-2015, 05:06 PM
@CCP_sport: .@HibsOfficial second half team (3-5-2): Reguero, Gray (c), Forster, Stevenson, Dunsmore Harris, Martin, Stanton, Crane, Cummings, L Allan

Franck Stanton
11-07-2015, 05:14 PM
@CCP_sport: .@HibsOfficial second half team (3-5-2): Reguero, Gray (c), Forster, Stevenson, Dunsmore Harris, Martin, Stanton, Crane, Cummings, L Allan

I know it is only a training exercise but the 2nd half team looks pretty lightweight to me.

3pm
11-07-2015, 05:15 PM
Cummings out on the piss? Where is he?

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-07-2015, 05:16 PM
I know it is only a training exercise but the 2nd half team looks pretty lightweight to me.

Good game to assess the bench strength.

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-07-2015, 05:18 PM

Playing in the 2nd half

Franck Stanton
11-07-2015, 05:18 PM

Playing up front in 2nd half team alongsige Allan

--------
11-07-2015, 05:19 PM

You're right enough - it IS a training exercise. Nothing disastrous will occur should we lose this game. :wink:

Brooster

Are you sure you're not on the piss?

bingo70
Dissapointed there's no trialists.

Franck Stanton
11-07-2015, 05:22 PM
You're right enough - it IS a training exercise. Nothing disastrous will occur should we lose this game. :wink:

Fine I know, didn't post as a critisism, merely an observation. Result of game [both halves] means diddly squat, just an excercise for both teams to get fitness levels up.

3pm
11-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Are you sure you're not on the piss?

I am, aye. Bad eyesight.

Theinsider
11-07-2015, 05:25 PM
martin been playing really well in defensive mid.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2015, 05:25 PM
Hibs doing well, found some cracking streams.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=streams&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB503GB503&espv=2&biw=1916&bih=962&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Q1GhVdL_FJSQ7AbDmJXoCQ&ved=0CCAQsAQ&dpr=1

brog
11-07-2015, 05:26 PM
No Keatings or Carmichael?

Franck Stanton
11-07-2015, 05:27 PM

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=streams&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB503GB503&espv=2&biw=1916&bih=962&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Q1GhVdL_FJSQ7AbDmJXoCQ&ved=0CCAQsAQ&dpr=1

LOL, yip blackpool, ye got me. [No hard really as I am gullible ]

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2015, 05:28 PM
LOL, yip blackpool, ye got me. [No hard really as I am gullible ]

:greengrin

Theinsider

No. 1-1

B.H.F.C

Carmichael was left at home. Groin injury.

Franck Stanton

Carmichael didn't make trip - stayed behind with a slight groin strain

Brightside
11-07-2015, 05:30 PM
I am, aye. Bad eyesight.

No Carmichael or keatings yet?

erin go bragh
11-07-2015, 05:31 PM

Your a bad man BH .👹 lol

GGTTH

Gettin' Auld
11-07-2015, 05:32 PM

***ake........... :top marks

bigwheel
11-07-2015, 05:34 PM
1-1 now according to twitter

Gettin' Auld
11-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Wigan score - 1:1

brog
11-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Carmichael was left at home. Groin injury.

Ta, I assume Keatings must have a niggle also. With Farid & Boyle also at home it leaves us a bit short of attacking options.

Pretty Boy
11-07-2015, 05:39 PM
1-1? Crazy selection in the second half.

Stubbs out now.

Billy Whizz
11-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Is Lewis Allan getting 90 mins?

3pm
11-07-2015, 05:45 PM

No sure mate, got bad eyesight.

Theinsider
11-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Is Lewis Allan getting 90 mins?

Yes mate. Now 2-1 Wigan

Gettin' Auld
11-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Now 2:1 to Wigan

bigwheel
11-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Now 2:1 to Wigan

bundled home from a corner in 89 min......

ah,, some things never change :-)

Billy Whizz
11-07-2015, 05:48 PM
FT 2-1, boo

Gettin' Auld
11-07-2015, 05:52 PM
bundled home from a corner in 89 min......

ah,, some things never change :-)

Scored by the French guy, Deja Vu?

AlbertK86
11-07-2015, 05:52 PM
FT 2-1, boo

Considering the team we had out second half it ain't too bad

We're ahead in first half when we had a stronger team out

Seems to have given the development boys A good crack at the whip

Good experience for them

Nevi_SOL
11-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Anyone know how handling Stanton and Harris done?

Billy Whizz
11-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Didn't see Keith Watson's name on the team sheet, did he get on?

southern hibby
11-07-2015, 06:27 PM
Was very good first half against a very physical side. Hubs looked good on the break and SA and Fyvie looked hungry. SA was by far the best player when he was forward ran past players two or three times that just wasn't expecting a player to tease them.

Wigan crossed the ball three times in first half and that wasn't properly dealt with. Yet again we look slow to attack a crossed ball, not sure of the answer for this but I'm sure we will attempt to get it sorted.
Lewis Allen did get a good run out and he looks like the heat was effecting him a it, also not sure if he knows exactly how big he is but needs to through his weight around and if he does trust me he will be a decent prospect.
Second half SA off and Wigan looked more in control with the ball. This makes me think from what I saw first half SA should go south and if he does he could be a standout with games under his belt and a coach who can and will use him properly.
Cummins second half on and ran his socks off stood tall and looked like he is desperate to play.
I am now going to make a very very bold statement from what I saw I genuinely think Hibs with a few more signings and sorting out cross balls and dependant on injuries can go this season ( cup games excluded ) in the league with 5 or less defeats, just really can't see who can and will touch us.
One last comment we need a defensive midfield player to allow SA and Fyvie to strut their stuff and if we get the right player we could have a very very good season. So if you've not got a season ticket, get one or go to as many games as you can because our shape and determination was excellent first half and if we had the whole team out for 90 minutes we could have won tonight.

GGtTH

southern hibby
11-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Can I say I meant SA should go south if and when his contract runs out and not the the bigot twins in case anyone reads that as me wanting to punt him.

GGTTH

CapitalGreen
11-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Was very good first half against a very physical side. Hubs looked good on the break and SA and Fyvie looked hungry. SA was by far the best player when he was forward ran past players two or three times that just wasn't expecting a player to tease them.

Wigan crossed the ball three times in first half and that wasn't properly dealt with. Yet again we look slow to attack a crossed ball, not sure of the answer for this but I'm sure we will attempt to get it sorted.
Lewis Allen did get a good run out and he looks like the heat was effecting him a it, also not sure if he knows exactly how big he is but needs to through his weight around and if he does trust me he will be a decent prospect.
Second half SA off and Wigan looked more in control with the ball. This makes me think from what I saw first half SA should go south and if he does he could be a standout with games under his belt and a coach who can and will use him properly.
Cummins second half on and ran his socks off stood tall and looked like he is desperate to play.
I am now going to make a very very bold statement from what I saw I genuinely think Hibs with a few more signings and sorting out cross balls and dependant on injuries can go this season ( cup games excluded ) in the league with 5 or less defeats, just really can't see who can and will touch us.
One last comment we need a defensive midfield player to allow SA and Fyvie to strut their stuff and if we get the right player we could have a very very good season. So if you've not got a season ticket, get one or go to as many games as you can because our shape and determination was excellent first half and if we had the whole team out for 90 minutes we could have won tonight.

GGtTH

Great write up, thanks

Pretty Boy
11-07-2015, 06:38 PM

GGtTH

Where did Handling play? Holding midfielder or further forward? And how did he play?

southern hibby
11-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Handling played holding midfield and played well. Could see him making it his position with some experience under his belt. At no time did i think Wigan phased him but SA and Fyvie did cover him a lot. Would be happy actually more than happy for Danny to play that position but if he had a more experienced player there he would learn. However greatest experience is playing

GHTTH.
Note phone about to die and charger is in Mallaga so no more updates tonight sorry.

Thecat23
11-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Was Oxley playing? If so how did he deal with cross balls??

B.H.F.C
11-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Handling played holding midfield and played well. Could see him making it his position with some experience under his belt. At no time did i think Wigan phased him but SA and Fyvie did cover him a lot. Would be happy actually more than happy for Danny to play that position but if he had a more experienced player there he would learn. However greatest experience is playing

GHTTH.
Note phone about to die and charger is in Mallaga so no more updates tonight sorry.

How did the midfield set up first half? Where about did Martin play?

southern hibby
11-07-2015, 07:01 PM
I let played first half dealt with the first cross under his bar very very well 3 crosses I mentioned thought he didn't have a chance to get to them as box was packed.

Second half our new Spanish goal keeper did not look like he fitted in and to me seems rather small for a goalkeeper ( probably cause of oxleys height). He will need some game time before he will look like he is settled obviously my opinion only.
One last thing Stanton second half was excellent too looked sharp settled and willing to take the ball. If anyone wants Handling or Stanton gone and new players brought in I think we would be better keeping them and giving them games. Stanton in the second half had his head up and was looking for a pass and was running definitely without doubt a SPFL player in there and we should keep both.
GGTTH

J-C
11-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Maybe the wee kick up the bum by Stubbs has worked for Handling and Stanton, fingers crossed.

Theinsider
11-07-2015, 07:56 PM

GHTTH.

For me handling was on the right and Martin was playing the holding role. To be perfectly honest I thought he played very well in there.

southern hibby
11-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Right spec savers it is for me then or recognition training of Hibs players commencing tomorrow as I've obviously got Handling and Martin mixed up. Just shows you because I thought Martin spent more time on the right and handling holding midfield..

And that''s why ladies and gents you should never stay sober at football because if your pissed and make a mistake you can blame alcohol. Me on the other hand can't ooooopppppps.

GGTTH

andrew70
11-07-2015, 08:13 PM
For me handling was on the right and Martin was playing the holding role. To be perfectly honest I thought he played very well in there.

Having not been anywhere near Spain I can't comment on how they played tonight but in the Development games DH started deeper with Martin towards the right. They are allowed to be very fluid in the midfield as long as they ensure their jobs are done.

By this I mean positions may not be set in stone for the full 90 mins but each of them will know the merits of working hard as a unit and helping each other out both offensively and defensively.

Delighted to hear Danny played well.

Billy Whizz
11-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the updates lads

HH81
11-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Some good updates. Cheers.

Not In The Know
11-07-2015, 08:38 PM
The Wigan boss must have been talking to Peter Houston 😀

Brooster
11-07-2015, 08:39 PM

Keatings pulled up on 2nd day of trip.

Golden Bear
11-07-2015, 08:47 PM

Normal practice for a new signing these days.

Big L
11-07-2015, 09:02 PM
I let played first half dealt with the first cross under his bar very very well 3 crosses I mentioned thought he didn't have a chance to get to them as box was packed.

Second half our new Spanish goal keeper did not look like he fitted in and to me seems rather small for a goalkeeper ( probably cause of oxleys height). He will need some game time before he will look like he is settled obviously my opinion only.
One last thing Stanton second half was excellent too looked sharp settled and willing to take the ball. If anyone wants Handling or Stanton gone and new players brought in I think we would be better keeping them and giving them games. Stanton in the second half had his head up and was looking for a pass and was running definitely without doubt a SPFL player in there and we should keep both.
GGTTH
In previous posts I have stated that Handling should get the holding role and neither he nor Stanton should be punted. I have to wonder if AS was at the wind up to get them focused!

Billy Whizz
11-07-2015, 09:13 PM

Dropping like flies now. Keatings, Carmichael, Boyle and Alagui all injured before a ball is kicked

Ronniekirk
11-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Dropping like flies now. Keatings, Carmichael, Boyle and Alagui all injured before a ball is kicked

And that's before the defenders get in on the act.:confused: we didn't have big enough squad last season and we simply can't afford to have three or four players out injured at same time .But time yet thankfully ,and a few more signings to bring in .

oconnors_strip
11-07-2015, 10:14 PM

Keatings is still out there though, so presume getting treatment from our physios

Unseen work
11-07-2015, 10:44 PM
Delighted to hear Stanton and handling both played well.

I think what has happened as he realises they're both really good youngsters that deserve to play first team football regularly. Unfortunately fyvie and Allan are terrific and, let's be honest better than this level. Stubbs has made it clear he wants someone with a bit more steal to play the defensive role and a bit of experience. He has probably told them he will be looking for a first choice to fill this role, it's up to them what they want to do about it.

Thankfully it looks like they have got there head down and worked hard, granted its one game.

How did Alex Harris play?

cabbageandribs1875
11-07-2015, 10:54 PM

Normal practice for a new signing these days.

we seem to be top of the league for injuries

Ozyhibby
11-07-2015, 11:04 PM

Dutch guy might be right. Stubbs out. ;-)

southern hibby
11-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Harris can beat a player and he did tonight but ( please don't think I'm being negative) I think he needs to learn to read the game more. By that I mean it's ok to get past a player but he needs to get his head up and look for a pass.
There is a player in there but I think he tries too hard, if he relaxed and maybe just maybe took the ball past a player on the outside rather than cutting in he would be more unpredictable.
Tonight he took the ball passed on the outside and passed a beautiful ball to Cummings ( inch perfect ) and looked the part but when he cut inside it was like he was crowding midfield and it was as if oh it's packed here need to get rid of the ball. Harris supposedly is a winger then my advise ( maybe gets tough different in training I'm not sure) would be hug the bye line more.

GGTTH

bingo70
11-07-2015, 11:14 PM
Delighted to hear Stanton and handling both played well.

I think what has happened as he realises they're both really good youngsters that deserve to play first team football regularly. Unfortunately fyvie and Allan are terrific and, let's be honest better than this level. Stubbs has made it clear he wants someone with a bit more steal to play the defensive role and a bit of experience. He has probably told them he will be looking for a first choice to fill this role, it's up to them what they want to do about it.

Thankfully it looks like they have got there head down and worked hard, granted its one game.

How did Alex Harris play?

I think you're getting a bit carried away.

Imo he's seen they're not good enough so is clearly on the look out to replace them, until he does they'll get game time and low key friendlies will have very little impact on his opinion of them.

I know you think I'm being harsh but realistically neither will be in the first team at the start of the season and if they are we are in trouble imo.

Centre Hawf
11-07-2015, 11:25 PM
I think you're getting a bit carried away.

Imo he's seen they're not good enough so is clearly on the look out to replace them, until he does they'll get game time and low key friendlies will have very little impact on his opinion of them.

I know you think I'm being harsh but realistically neither will be in the first team at the start of the season and if they are we are in trouble imo.

I don't think you're being harsh. They're the players we have so they're the players we'll play until we sign better in their positions. I want/need to see more from the pair of them this pre-season and the first few games of the season to have any faith that they'll play a part in us winning this division. We didn't win it with McGeouch or Robertson so I'm not sure how we could with either of they two playing in their roles, unless of course there is a dramatic improvement in their performances.

Brooster
12-07-2015, 06:03 AM

You can add K Watson to that list as well.

Billy Whizz
12-07-2015, 07:14 AM
You can add K Watson to that list as well.

Noticed he wasn't playing, is he injured as well now?

Brooster
12-07-2015, 07:16 AM
Noticed he wasn't playing, is he injured as well now?

Yes. In my opinion he is a carbon copy of Tim Clancy.

Billy Whizz
12-07-2015, 07:24 AM

And we don't need another one of them. Hope it's just a precaution that he didn't play, and nothing major

Ronniekirk
12-07-2015, 08:01 AM
And we don't need another one of them. Hope it's just a precaution that he didn't play, and nothing major

Have said it before and will say it again ,Watson has a history of being injured and that's why Stubbs rightly won't risk a two year deal presumably ,but equally if he is brought back in for a year to primarily provide cover for others who could be out injured,but he himself then is out injured we are back relying on youth development squad players like crane ,Martin and Dunsmore .So is Stubbs not better giving them more game time preseason. If Watson is already picking up knocks then I wouldn't want him signed up just nowv,extend his trial period and see if he can handle a few games back to back .

Jim44
12-07-2015, 08:11 AM
Have said it before and will say it again ,Watson has a history of being injured and that's why Stubbs rightly won't risk a two year deal presumably ,but equally if he is brought back in for a year to primarily provide cover for others who could be out injured,but he himself then is out injured we are back relying on youth development squad players like crane ,Martin and Dunsmore .So is Stubbs not better giving them more game time preseason. If Watson is already picking up knocks then I wouldn't want him signed up just nowv,extend his trial period and see if he can handle a few games back to back .

If he really has a 'chroni' injury problem, why have him in the first place?

Ronniekirk
12-07-2015, 08:31 AM

I thought we wouldn't be looking at brining him back ,so you have to assume that Stubbs sees something in him and wants to give him the oppertunity to prove his fitness first before trying to thrash out a deal . Not sure who else is out there that we could be looking at ,but imaybe the player budget is now getting tight and Midfield is the priority ,and as its only defensive cover its going to be difficult to get someone else in with a bit of quality ,that's happy to sit on the bench

Heisenberg
12-07-2015, 08:36 AM

**** sake :rolleyes: He was injured for a lot of his loan spell as well. I'd want us to stay well away from him, he wasn't very good when he did play either.

J-C
12-07-2015, 09:14 AM

This'll be why Watson has struggled to get signed from anyone down south, he has injury problems, hence why he'll be signed purely as back up but tbh if it was me I'd look elsewhere, we don't need another injury prone player taking up a wage like Clancy did.

brog
12-07-2015, 10:06 AM
**** sake :rolleyes: He was injured for a lot of his loan spell as well. I'd want us to stay well away from him, he wasn't very good when he did play either.

Before this myth becomes another Hibs net fact, Keith Watson has played 161 games in the last 5 seasons, that's 32 games a season. That's not Tim Clancy or any other injury prone player. He played his first game for us on 31 Jan & played in next 9 League games, he was cup tied IIRC. He was injured in early April so missed last month of the regular season. He was no more injury prone for us last season than Boyle, Gray or Fontaine & he was a lot less than Farid. We shouldn't let our personal opinions of players distort the facts.

brog
12-07-2015, 10:07 AM
This'll be why Watson has struggled to get signed from anyone down south, he has injury problems, hence why he'll be signed purely as back up but tbh if it was me I'd look elsewhere, we don't need another injury prone player taking up a wage like Clancy did.

Apologies, my reply to Heisenberg was intended to be to this post.

J-C
12-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Apologies, my reply to Heisenberg was intended to be to this post.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=45918

A career total of 168 matches in all competition since march 2007, around 8 years, which is an average of 21 games per season, not a lot of games in that length of time which would suggest he's injury prone.

Watson, who made his first league appearance as a late subsititute in March 2007, was due to start in the match againstCeltic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_F.C.) shortly afterwards but suffered a dislocated (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dislocation_(medicine)) knee during the warm-up (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warm-up).[3] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Watson_(footballer)#cite_note-knee-3) Having featured in a handful of reserve matches throughout September 2008, manager Craig Levein stated he would be sent out on loan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loan_(football)) to continue his build-up to full fitness[4] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Watson_(footballer)#cite_note-4) and was loaned to Forfar for a month in January 2009. Suffering another knee dislocation in a practice match after playing his first match for Forfar, Watson's loan was extended after it was revealed he would return to playing within weeks

Club
Season
League
Cup
Lg Cup
Other
Total

Apps
Goals
Apps
Goals
Apps
Goals
Apps
Goals
Apps
Goals

Dundee United (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_United_F.C.)
2006–07 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006-07_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2007–08 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007-08_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2008–09 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008-09_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2009–10 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009-10_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2010–11 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010-11_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2011–12 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011-12_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2012–13 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012-13_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2013–14 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2014–15 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

Total

Forfar Athletic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forfar_Athletic_F.C.) (loan)
2008–09 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008-09_in_Scottish_football)

East Fife (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Fife_F.C.) (loan)
2009–10 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009-10_in_Scottish_football)

Hibernian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.) (loan)
2014–15 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Hibernian_F.C._season)

Career total

CapitalGreen
12-07-2015, 11:46 AM
So since he became a regular he has played 37 - 20 - 37 - 29 - 25

Brooster
12-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Watson has played 9 games since signing for Hibs in January including one against Sevco when he came on at half time only to blow out of his bottom for 45 mins which indicated he wasnt fit. He has now taken a knock in early pre season. I cant say im overly excited at the prospect of signing him. I would rather keep the money and use a development squad player as back up.

brog
12-07-2015, 01:32 PM
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=45918

A career total of 168 matches in all competition since march 2007, around 8 years, which is an average of 21 games per season, not a lot of games in that length of time which would suggest he's injury prone.

Watson, who made his first league appearance as a late subsititute in March 2007, was due to start in the match againstCeltic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_F.C.) shortly afterwards but suffered a dislocated (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dislocation_(medicine)) knee during the warm-up (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warm-up).[3] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Watson_(footballer)#cite_note-knee-3) Having featured in a handful of reserve matches throughout September 2008, manager Craig Levein stated he would be sent out on loan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loan_(football)) to continue his build-up to full fitness[4] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Watson_(footballer)#cite_note-4) and was loaned to Forfar for a month in January 2009. Suffering another knee dislocation in a practice match after playing his first match for Forfar, Watson's loan was extended after it was revealed he would return to playing within weeks

Club
Season
League
Cup
Lg Cup
Other
Total

Apps
Goals
Apps
Goals
Apps
Goals
Apps
Goals
Apps
Goals

Dundee United (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_United_F.C.)
2006–07 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006-07_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2007–08 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007-08_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2008–09 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008-09_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2009–10 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009-10_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2010–11 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010-11_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2011–12 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011-12_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2012–13 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012-13_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2013–14 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

2014–15 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Dundee_United_F.C._season)

Total

Forfar Athletic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forfar_Athletic_F.C.) (loan)
2008–09 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008-09_in_Scottish_football)

East Fife (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Fife_F.C.) (loan)
2009–10 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009-10_in_Scottish_football)

Hibernian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.) (loan)
2014–15 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Hibernian_F.C._season)

Career total

JC, I enjoy your posts but you're scratching about a bit here trying to prove your point. You've included 3 seasons when he was a teenager in your stats & the injury references are 6 & 8 years old. He's averaged over 30 games a season for the last 5 years. I'm not having a go at you, more the other 4 or 5 posters who are stating it as a fact that KW is injury prone. The facts strongly suggest otherwise & as I said originally, I'm concerned that a Net myth becomes a fact merely by repetition.

brog
12-07-2015, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=Brooster;4411405]Watson has played 9 games since signing for Hibs in January including one against Sevco when he came on at half time only to blow out of his bottom for 45 mins which indicated he wasnt fit. He has now taken a knock in early pre season. I cant say im overly excited at the prospect of signing him. I would rather keep the money and use a development squad player as back up.

That's fine but it's a bit different from calling him the new Tim Clancy based on 4 months with us. David Gray had an op & missed 2 of the last few months of the season & he's our new club captain!

Brooster
12-07-2015, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE.Yhat's fine but it's a bit different from calling him the new Tim Clancy based on 4 months with us. David Gray had an op & missed 2 of the last few months of the season & he's our new club captain!

Fair comment but let me put it another way. David Gray twice had to be reigned back by medical staff because he was so eager to make his comeback. He is also a beast in the gym, so much so that he has raised the bar considerably for his peers in that department. Clancy on the other hand trained and played when it suited him and probably wasnt injured most of the time when he claimed he was. Im not aiming these accusations at Watson just yet but I cant help seeing the similarities. Hope Im wrong.

J-C
12-07-2015, 02:00 PM
JC, I enjoy your posts but you're scratching about a bit here trying to prove your point. You've included 3 seasons when he was a teenager in your stats & the injury references are 6 & 8 years old. He's averaged over 30 games a season for the last 5 years. I'm not having a go at you, more the other 4 or 5 posters who are stating it as a fact that KW is injury prone. The facts strongly suggest otherwise & as I said originally, I'm concerned that a Net myth becomes a fact merely by repetition.

He signed late 06 and made his debut March 07, he had 2 serious knee injuries until 2010. Where the hell are you getting over 30 games average this past 5 seasons, have you not looked at the stats from my post taken from Wiki 29-17-29-25-14 is no where near +30 games a season.

Gordy M
12-07-2015, 02:06 PM
He signed late 06 and made his debut March 07, he had 2 serious knee injuries until 2010. Where the hell are you getting over 30 games average this past 5 seasons, have you not looked at the stats from my post taken from Wiki 29-17-29-25-14 (tel:29-17-29-25-14) is no where near +30 games a season.
The last five seasons he has averaged just over 30 games a season?? Unless im reading your figures wrong?

edit - i assume ur talking league games?

J-C
12-07-2015, 02:08 PM
So since he became a regular he has played 37 - 20 - 37 - 29 - 25

Those are not league games but total, which include minor cup games etc

HoboHarry
12-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Fair comment but let me put it another way. David Gray twice had to be reigned back by medical staff because he was so eager to make his comeback. He is also a beast in the gym, so much so that he has raised the bar considerably for his peers in that department. Clancy on the other hand trained and played when it suited him and probably wasnt injured most of the time when he claimed he was. Im not aiming these accusations at Watson just yet but I cant help seeing the similarities. Hope Im wrong.
Thats a pretty strong allegation which I would assume you can back up? If you can't then you could be accused of just making stuff up to suit yourself...

CapitalGreen
12-07-2015, 02:11 PM

What Minor cups do Dundee United compete in?

You do realise that a player not playing doesn't necessarily mean they were injured?

J-C
12-07-2015, 02:13 PM
The last five seasons he has averaged just over 30 games a season?? Unless im reading your figures wrong?

edit - i assume ur talking league games?

Count again, 114 games divided by 5 equals 22.8 games per season, still missing a fair few games. For me he's a back up and nothing more.

HoboHarry
12-07-2015, 02:19 PM
A discussion about how stats prove (or disprove) that a player AS wants to sign isn't good enough to play for us. Hibs class my ar*e. Every Hibs player deserves our full support and encouragement.

Brooster
12-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Thats a pretty strong allegation which I would assume you can back up? If you can't then you could be accused of just making stuff up to suit yourself...

Was common knowledge within the squad.

FitbaFolkKen
12-07-2015, 03:10 PM

You can't pick and choose your stats to display your point, the games others are quoting are competitive football matches. He was fit and participated in them so they have to be considered whether or not the opposition was up to your standard, although no idea where you got that information from as it isn't in the stats and just an assumption as far as I can see.

J-C
12-07-2015, 03:28 PM
You can't pick and choose your stats to display your point, the games others are quoting are competitive football matches. He was fit and participated in them so they have to be considered whether or not the opposition was up to your standard, although no idea where you got that information from as it isn't in the stats and just an assumption as far as I can see.

My stats are from Wiki and show he averaged 22.8 league games in 5 seasons(114 games) and 27.8 games average in total for the same 5 seasons, I can only go by what is written in Wiki. Dundee play 38 games per season + any cup games which would bring their total to around 44-46 games per season, which would make 27.8 games per season for Watson a bit over 50% of games played.

CapitalGreen
12-07-2015, 03:39 PM
My stats are from Wiki and show he averaged 22.8 league games in 5 seasons(114 games) and 27.8 games average in total for the same 5 seasons, I can only go by what is written in Wiki. Dundee play 38 games per season + any cup games which would bring their total to around 44-46 games per season, which would make 27.8 games per season for Watson a bit over 50% of games played.

So you are ignoring the 9 games he played for us last season?

FitbaFolkKen
12-07-2015, 03:51 PM

The real issue is that you (and others) are trying to prove compares to Tim Clancy with regards injuries.

Lets take just league games, Keith at the age of 25 has played a total of 138 league games after breaking into the side at Dundee Utd in 2010. Tim now 31 played a total of 111 league games between 2007 and 2014.

So Keith is 23 league games in a 6 year period since breaking into the side as a youngster. 28 games if you take all competitions.

Clancy over the 7 years he was in the Scottish game averaged 16 games per season.18 if you take all competitions.

Watson has played 25 league games or more in 3 out of the last 5 season, Clancy has managed it 1 out of 7.

For the record I don't see him as more than a squad player to allow us to rotate and cover where need be, however labelling him as having injury problems on the scale of Clancy is just wrong and as was mentioned earlier runs the danger of another hibs.net myth being created.

J-C
12-07-2015, 04:23 PM
The real issue is that you (and others) are trying to prove compares to Tim Clancy with regards injuries.

Lets take just league games, Keith at the age of 25 has played a total of 138 league games after breaking into the side at Dundee Utd in 2010. Tim now 31 played a total of 111 league games between 2007 and 2014.

So Keith is 23 league games in a 6 year period since breaking into the side as a youngster. 28 games if you take all competitions.

Clancy over the 7 years he was in the Scottish game averaged 16 games per season.18 if you take all competitions.

Watson has played 25 league games or more in 3 out of the last 5 season, Clancy has managed it 1 out of 7.

For the record I don't see him as more than a squad player to allow us to rotate and cover where need be, however labelling him as having injury problems on the scale of Clancy is just wrong and as was mentioned earlier runs the danger of another hibs.net myth being created.

I never mentioned Clancy, I said another injury prone player like Clancy...check the posts and you'll see it was someone else that compared him to Clancy. I like Watson and hope he is free from injury but his record shows he struggles to play more than half a season, decent as cover for anywhere in the back 4 though.

J-C
12-07-2015, 04:32 PM
So you are ignoring the 9 games he played for us last season?

OK add them to the 16 he had already played and that'll make 25 for last season then.:confused:

FitbaFolkKen
12-07-2015, 04:35 PM
I never mentioned Clancy, I said another injury prone player like Clancy...check the posts and you'll see it was someone else that compared him to Clancy. I like Watson and hope he is free from injury but his record shows he struggles to play more than half a season, decent as cover for anywhere in the back 4 though.

Saying "like Clancy" is a direct comparison?

Doesn't really matter I don't think injuries are an issue and it is probably more likely he fell out of favour restricting appearances judging by a number of the comments on here thinking he is only good enough for cover etc...

Hopefully he proves us all wrong and is a standout this season! :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2015, 04:39 PM
During his career was he injured in all those games he did not play?

brog
12-07-2015, 04:54 PM

Per the stats you showed, he played 148 games in 5 years, that's 30 a season. It's ridiculous to pick & choose which games to include when you're trying to prove he's had recurring injury problems. If he played he was fit.

Unseen work
12-07-2015, 05:10 PM
I don't care what has happened in his past. As far as I'am aware Keith Watson played very well during his spell with us from January to the end of the season. The only game he struggled was against rangers, Wallace was brilliant however.

Yes he got an injury, but so did grey, Boyle, forster, El alagui and mcgeouch and no one is saying to not sign/get rid of them for that reason.

I trust Stubbs and his Physio/ fitness experts to make the right decision.

Golden Bear
12-07-2015, 05:24 PM
Friggin stats - more often than not they prove sfa and are invariably open to interpretation.

ancient hibee
12-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Players carry injuries all the time.To my eyes it looks as if Watson doesn't carry his as well as others.He doesn't seem to have much go in him.

Franck Stanton
12-07-2015, 07:03 PM
I don't care what has happened in his past. As far as I'am aware Keith Watson played very well during his spell with us from January to the end of the season. The only game he struggled was against rangers, Wallace was brilliant however.

Yes he got an injury, but so did grey, Boyle, forster, El alagui and mcgeouch and no one is saying to not sign/get rid of them for that reason.

I trust Stubbs and his Physio/ fitness experts to make the right decision.

This. End of story.

Jim44
13-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Apparently Sevco are in talks with the guy who scored the two Wigan goals.

Iggy Pope
13-07-2015, 06:08 PM
Apparently Sevco are in talks with the guy who scored the two Wigan goals.

Their policy of bettering us is going to new levels. This will cost them a fortune if they are to sign every **** who scores against us.